Page 516 of 929 FirstFirst ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... LastLast
Results 12,876 to 12,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The vax works. My 90yo mother had as breakthrough case two weeks ago and was able to weather the storm at home with no special care. She basically had the flu thanks to being vaxxed.

She has lost her sense of taste and smell and experienced Covid toes.

I have no doubt without the vax she would be dead due to age and underlying health issues.

I saw her yesterday and she was up and walking around.

Good genes in that branch of the family. Her mother lived to 103 and her grandmother 104.
    Have a friend who's mother is in a retirement facility. Covid been going round n round. Some days he can visit others they are on lockdown. His mom is fine after a "breakthrough" case herself. No idea if anyone in the facility has died of covid.

Glad your mom made it through.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...iple-1.6180529
    The new program will allow non-essential businesses like restaurants, pubs and fitness centres to operate normally if they require patrons to show proof of vaccination or a privately-paid polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test from the previous 72 hours with a negative result.

if you read the artica is sez even offering 100$ did not get people Vaxing

threatening to bar people from normal life upped the vax rates in a big way
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Goes silent..

Typical tgr. Logic escapes the #borg
    You're 16 pages late.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You're 16 pages late.
    And the answer was? #pcrtest #fail

the answer is “step away from the internet”.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

BTW - Mom was vaxxed in January. No booster. Pfizer.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thanks for posting some good news in here, KQ. Hope your mom keeps it up for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...iple-1.6180529
    The new program will allow non-essential businesses like restaurants, pubs and fitness centres to operate normally if they require patrons to show proof of vaccination or a privately-paid polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test from the previous 72 hours with a negative result.

if you read the artica is sez even offering 100$ did not get people Vaxing

threatening to bar people from normal life upped the vax rates in a big way
    You damn canucks whining about Alberta are starting to make me think Canaduh has forgotten there's an o in country. I mean, yeah, sure, they should be doing better. But eligible Albertans are 80.1% vaxed for crying out loud. Texas of the north? FFS. Of course they're down to the last holdouts. Actual Texas hasn't given a second shot to half of their people yet.

On an unrelated note, do you have any hot tips on Canadian stocks?

I think people were commenting on the politicians that run “Texas of the north” - you know it’s a land of oil and gas and cows and the furthest right views of the country right? And that those right wing politicians were elected by a majority of people…and those politicians have failed miserably. Didn’t realize they were free from criticism in this thread cause they ain’t merican.

And the vaccine mandate has tripled demand for vaccines - since someone in here was asking for an idea about how mandates might affect vaccine acceptance.

Seemed like a good example since it just happened. Sorry that upset you so much.

I'm not upset. I'm not going to ask you to re-read anything, but that post requires a very sarcastic voice. For example, the request for stock tips was actually Not unrelated: I think Canada is going to come through this better than many and I'll be stoked if our northern neighbor manages to become the shining example of what can be done. I think they will.

I don't think anyone would argue that mandates don't have the intended effect in the short run. That's obvious even to their detractors (though many of those are hyperbolists, so who knows). I've pointed out that there is also an honest argument that in the long run we might have less people vaccinated that way. Stats on mandates where mandates are politically feasible suffer from selection bias, so save yourself the trouble on that. We're going to do better as a nation, but there will be exceptions, and it's not hard to predict where those are.

Personally, I think the nature of exponential growth likely overrides the long term concern (more sooner is better), but I see room for improvement: changing the conversation while we're still paying for their ICU beds and giving their employers tax credits for covering their time off for disease is pretty short-sighted. We should have ended that shit at least a month ago, probably 3. The sudden move to the last possible tool in the arsenal is suboptimal--especially while the other tools still go unused. But here we are.

Here’s a little insight into the Cray cray out there. The rebutal to refutation of this nonsense is “you’re so close minded”. So ya, I’m all for mandates because these folk ain’t coming around on their own ever.

“Whose listening to the info that is surfacing? Pfizer booster rejected by FDA.
    The risks far outweigh benefits for children.
    1,000 percent increase in adverse events in 2021.
    Highly vaccinated countries are spreading the variants.
    People receiving the V being found to have clotting in the blood at higher rates.
    Natural immunity is the best immunity.

Look it all up yourself.
    Still want to call the UnV'd horse pill popping killers?

🤷♀️How about starting to look at those surviving C with early therapies? Never ever see the hospital? Are you hearing about the thousands and thousands of those stories?
    🤷♀️How about looking at hospital protocols that may be the very cause of death. Have you heard of the stories of people once in the hospital being denied the therapies they request? Read about families who fought hard and got lawyers that forced doctors to give the treatments. Those patients are alive today.
    🤷♀️ 70% of deaths in the UK are those who have been double V'd.
    🤷♀️ Study out of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. They had 69 health care workers they locked down and confined to their facility. All double V'd. The health care workers ended up passing the virus to each other. More importantly, the research published by Lancet showed the health care workers had 251 times the viral load for Delta. 251 times.

I do not judge you for making the choice to V. Just know those currently V'd were V'd against the original Wuhan Variant. That variant is long gone. The new variants continue to mutate and the old V will fail. Each shot has those receiving it carrying higher and higher viral loads.

Do not judge me for avoiding a V that has not been safety tested, gone through animal trials, or had any clinical trial complete.

STOP JUDGING.

And to those in high places in Government: How can you force ANYONE to be injected with something with a side effect of death?
    14,000 souls dead.
    600,000 souls dealing with adverse V injuries.
    And they say these stats are only 1%-10% of those being reported.

You sit looking down on others who don't want to put this chemical in their body when the clinical trials aren't even complete? You want to force me to get my child V'd when the FDA has finally admitted she has a 14 times higher chance of developing myocarditis? Yet a 99.9999% survival rate if he gets the C?

You want to call me selfish?
    Tell me to do my part?
    Do the right thing?

I find it selfish to coerce people into injecting themselves with something that may harm them. Or harm their children. (It is being found 1 in 9 children are having adverse vaccine injuries) If some V injury occurs to me or my family, whose responsible?? The BIG Pharma companies who have already made billions off the V? I find it selfish of people to think it's okay to take away the livelihood of others because they do not want to spread COVID by getting the V and carrying higher viral loads and passing it on to others unaware. I find it selfish to keep pushing something that is not working. I find it selfish we have a government hiding the truth from its people. I find it selfish those in power are trying so hard to hide the early therapies that are saving lives. For $$$$$$$$$.

Those with natural immunity do not create the variants and are not getting C twice.

I just finished listening to yet another Epidemologist out of Canada. His perspective and findings are similar to what I have written.

I am on repeat. Time is going to keep surfacing more studies and information. More doctors are seeing the realities and keeping their oaths to "Do No Harm". Thank you to all the nurses doing the same. Many in the health field are quitting because they are being forced to get v’d

And that’s all I have to say.
    God bless “

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Here’s a little insight into the Cray cray out there. The rebutal to refutation of this nonsense is “you’re so close minded”. So ya, I’m all for mandates because these folk ain’t coming around on their own ever.
    Depressing. Don't overestimate the loudest voices, though. The right-wing scare mongers are winning with that: their audience is terrified of all the famous boogey men. We're not going to force many of the people who are writing that nonsense. Here's a look at how Bret Weinstein makes his money. A mandate will have no effect on a whole class of people who will just check out like this and carry on with the persecution complex, now with extra crazy.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2021/09/1...or-ivermectin/

You said Alberta is at 80% vaxxed

since the introduction of the mandate the demand for vaccination appointments has tripled

seems like a very quick way to get that 80 up over 90.

you think that without the mandates that would still happen ever? No way.

The remaining 5-10% would rather die in an ICU believing with their last thought that covid is a hoax and that instead they died of pneumonia or doctor error for not giving enough invermectin and HCQ and azithromycin - they ain't getting the vaccine.

A lot of these politicians shit the bed and now hospitals are self destructing and patients are being sent all over the place for any empty ICU bed while cancer surgeries are postponed. The leaders fucked up - a mandate is needed to turn this ship around.

The 80% got it because they trusted it and wanted it. I'm ok with the next 10% getting it because they want to go to work or to the bar to watch football.

Save the pie in the sky hand holding solutions for the remaining 10%. But don't hold your breath.

Once you get to 80% mandates become either obvious or irrelevant, depending on rate at the time. My point was that the demographics and political reality anywhere that hit 80% without a mandate are very different from a place that stalls at 50%. Texas has a growing number of people blowing off the second shot now. It would be nice to think they were just going for a longer interval, but do you expect that?

Better get vaxxed if you live in Idaho:

Idaho Is Rationing Health Care Statewide As It Struggles To Cope With COVID-19

Idaho is one of the least vaccinated U.S. states, with only about 40% of its residents fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only Wyoming and West Virginia have lower vaccination rates.
    Crisis care standards mean that scarce resources such as ICU beds will be allotted to the patients most likely to survive. Other patients will be treated with less effective methods or, in dire cases, given pain relief and other palliative care.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thoughts and prayers to the brave frontier people! You can weather this with superior natural immunity and horse dewormer.

4th wave in Europe has started subsiding without further lockdowns. Hospitals are working at normal levels. Vaccines work. Germany still has a higher level of idiots than most other EU states according to the statistics. (Vax rates are lower)
    Which bugs me on a patriotic football team kind of level
    But according to some rki (our cdc) survey actual vaccination rates could be higher because of data mistakes (I mean some county health departments use fax machines to transmit data. In 2021?)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Eu Data
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-091107_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	385751
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Once you get to 80% mandates become either obvious or irrelevant, depending on rate at the time. My point was that the demographics and political reality anywhere that hit 80% without a mandate are very different from a place that stalls at 50%. Texas has a growing number of people blowing off the second shot now. It would be nice to think they were just going for a longer interval, but do you expect that?
    I'm in one of the most vaxxed counties and we're only at 70% (83% of eligible). We have an indoor mask mandate and recommendations for outdoors, distancing, notification, tracing, travel, etc. Some regional counties have vaccine passports. Cases are falling gradually, still 10x higher than three months ago. People are more careful here. If we went back to normal, I expect Covid would surge. So I don't think a mandate becomes irrelevant at 80% vaxxed. Maybe at 90%

As for mandates, I agree that politically, mandates will be tough, especially in more resistant areas. A mandate means little if no one enforces it. If few people like the policy, there won't be much enforcement. See speed limits everywhere not named Seatlle.

If/when it becomes clear that highly vaxxed areas have very few cases and very few restrictions, that will draw attention and support. Some people will refuse to see the obvious, but enough will support mandates. The mandate will save those caught in social media bubbles. Not everywhere is there yet.

I remember when no one wanted seatbelts. Then no one wanted shoulder belts. Then SRS was hated. Now everyone wears seatbelts, has a strong rollover safety cage, 15 airbags, a stability program, and a computer backseat driving. We adapted.

Alberta vaccine data:

As of September 16:
    5,754,307 doses administered
    80.1% of Albertans 12+ with at least 1 dose
    71.8% of Albertans 12+ fully vaccinated

Get your shots and you may even win a chance to kill an animal!

Vaccine incentives

$100 Debit Card
    Get vaccinated to get a $100 debit card!
    Who's eligible: Albertans 18 or older who got their first or second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine between September 3 and October 14, 2021.
    How to register: After vaccination, register online at alberta.ca/VaccineDebitCard by October 14 at 11:59 pm.
    How to claim: $100 debit cards will be delivered to you. Everyone who is registered and has a valid vaccination will receive a debit card.

Alberta's Vaccine Lottery
    Get vaccinated for your shot to win $1 million!
    Who's eligible: Alberta residents 18 and older who have had 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
    How to register: Enter online at alberta.ca/Lottery by September 23 at 11:59 pm.
    How to claim: Winner will be contacted by September 30, 2021.

Outdoor Adventure Vaccine Lottery
    Get vaccinated for a chance to win premiere hunting, fishing or camping experiences!
    Who's eligible: Alberta residents 18 and older with 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
    How to register: The alberta.ca/OutdoorLottery closed September 9 at 11:59 pm.
    How to claim: Verified winners will be contacted with instructions on how to claim their prize.

https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The vax works. My 90yo mother had as breakthrough case two weeks ago and was able to weather the storm at home with no special care. She basically had the flu thanks to being vaxxed.

She has lost her sense of taste and smell and experienced Covid toes.

I have no doubt without the vax she would be dead due to age and underlying health issues.

I saw her yesterday and she was up and walking around.

Good genes in that branch of the family. Her mother lived to 103 and her grandmother 104.
    Glad to hear this KQ.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

We got that measles under control...eh...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/17/p...ses/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'm in one of the most vaxxed counties and we're only at 70% (83% of eligible). We have an indoor mask mandate and recommendations for outdoors, distancing, notification, tracing, travel, etc. Some regional counties have vaccine passports. Cases are falling gradually, still 10x higher than three months ago. People are more careful here. If we went back to normal, I expect Covid would surge. So I don't think a mandate becomes irrelevant at 80% vaxxed. Maybe at 90%

As for mandates, I agree that politically, mandates will be tough, especially in more resistant areas. A mandate means little if no one enforces it. If few people like the policy, there won't be much enforcement. See speed limits everywhere not named Seatlle.

If/when it becomes clear that highly vaxxed areas have very few cases and very few restrictions, that will draw attention and support. Some people will refuse to see the obvious, but enough will support mandates. The mandate will save those caught in social media bubbles. Not everywhere is there yet.

I remember when no one wanted seatbelts. Then no one wanted shoulder belts. Then SRS was hated. Now everyone wears seatbelts, has a strong rollover safety cage, 15 airbags, a stability program, and a computer backseat driving. We adapted.
    I also have ~90% as a rough threshold for meaningful immunity. To be clear, by "rate" I meant the rate at which vaccines are being administered when you get around 80%: if things get very slow around there it's time for more mandates because you have a strong majority showing support, personal examples etc. and getting half of the rest onboard should be easy that way. If you get to 80% and people are still filling the appointments then mandates aren't relevant. Guesswork, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

“Whose listening to the info that is surfacing? Pfizer booster rejected by FDA.
    The risks far outweigh benefits for children.
    1,000 percent increase in adverse events in 2021.
    Highly vaccinated countries are spreading the variants.
    People receiving the V being found to have clotting in the blood at higher rates.
    Natural immunity is the best immunity.

Look it all up yourself.
    Still want to call the UnV'd horse pill popping killers?

🤷♀️How about starting to look at those surviving C with early therapies? Never ever see the hospital? Are you hearing about the thousands and thousands of those stories?
    🤷♀️How about looking at hospital protocols that may be the very cause of death. Have you heard of the stories of people once in the hospital being denied the therapies they request? Read about families who fought hard and got lawyers that forced doctors to give the treatments. Those patients are alive today.
    🤷♀️ 70% of deaths in the UK are those who have been double V'd.
    🤷♀️ Study out of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. They had 69 health care workers they locked down and confined to their facility. All double V'd. The health care workers ended up passing the virus to each other. More importantly, the research published by Lancet showed the health care workers had 251 times the viral load for Delta. 251 times.

I do not judge you for making the choice to V. Just know those currently V'd were V'd against the original Wuhan Variant. That variant is long gone. The new variants continue to mutate and the old V will fail. Each shot has those receiving it carrying higher and higher viral loads.

Do not judge me for avoiding a V that has not been safety tested, gone through animal trials, or had any clinical trial complete.

STOP JUDGING.

And to those in high places in Government: How can you force ANYONE to be injected with something with a side effect of death?
    14,000 souls dead.
    600,000 souls dealing with adverse V injuries.
    And they say these stats are only 1%-10% of those being reported.

You sit looking down on others who don't want to put this chemical in their body when the clinical trials aren't even complete? You want to force me to get my child V'd when the FDA has finally admitted she has a 14 times higher chance of developing myocarditis? Yet a 99.9999% survival rate if he gets the C?

You want to call me selfish?
    Tell me to do my part?
    Do the right thing?

I find it selfish to coerce people into injecting themselves with something that may harm them. Or harm their children. (It is being found 1 in 9 children are having adverse vaccine injuries) If some V injury occurs to me or my family, whose responsible?? The BIG Pharma companies who have already made billions off the V? I find it selfish of people to think it's okay to take away the livelihood of others because they do not want to spread COVID by getting the V and carrying higher viral loads and passing it on to others unaware. I find it selfish to keep pushing something that is not working. I find it selfish we have a government hiding the truth from its people. I find it selfish those in power are trying so hard to hide the early therapies that are saving lives. For $$$$$$$$$.

Those with natural immunity do not create the variants and are not getting C twice.

I just finished listening to yet another Epidemologist out of Canada. His perspective and findings are similar to what I have written.

I am on repeat. Time is going to keep surfacing more studies and information. More doctors are seeing the realities and keeping their oaths to "Do No Harm". Thank you to all the nurses doing the same. Many in the health field are quitting because they are being forced to get v’d

And that’s all I have to say.
    God bless “
    Go away dipshit, I don’t know a single doctor that agrees with what you post and I work with them every day. All specialties, probably close to 100 on a first name basis. None of them think the vaccines don’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Go away dipshit, I don’t know a single doctor that agrees with what you post and I work with them every day. All specialties, probably close to 100 on a first name basis. None of them think the vaccines don’t work.
    Note the use of quotation marks. Not his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    We got that measles under control...eh...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/17/p...ses/index.html

Are we having an outbreak? Is measles endemic in the US? I haven’t heard about a current measles pandemic. I did read about some people from Afghanistan that tested positive for measles, I’m assuming that they didn’t get their MMR vaccine. Fortunately most people in the US have. I’m not sure what you’re getting at…eh…

Note the use of quotation marks. Not his opinion.
    Okay, great. Doesn’t seem that clear to me. I don’t like seeing misinformation posted, even like that.