Page 80 of 929 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 23206
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I get Pfizer jab number two on March 18. It's a relief considering the way mask wearing has gone the way of the dodo around here in the last few weeks.

I didn't have any weird dreams after my first shot, the only notable side effect I had was tenderness in my lymph nodes near the injection site that started ~48 hours after I got vaccinated and lasted for about 3 days. I haven't had a haircut since February, 2020, and I have to say I'm excited to finally feel like I can risk going to a barber for a trim by early/mid April.

No changes to my cell reception or internet speeds, but I live in a narrow mountain valley, and I know the vaccine can't perform miracles.
    Last edited by glademaster; 03-07-2021 at 08:14 AM.

The whole cell phone boost has been a bust, I want my wife to get her money back.

I’m used to wearing a mask. I am considering life after the pandemic with a mask indoors in public most all times. Airports, food shopping, movies, concerts, lift lines. Asians have done it for a long time.
    I get my shot on Friday, and hope that it is J&J
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

WTF is 1B+. Why can't the tiers just be 1,2,3, etc. Did someone think that putting everyone in some subcategory of 1 was going to make everyone feel better?

I don't know about wearing a mask forever all the time in public. In a bus probably. When you have a cold definitely. Allergy season, absolutely. Everywhere in public for the rest of the year, likely. A lot depends on the variants and on how many people get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    WTF is 1B+. Why can't the tiers just be 1,2,3, etc. Did someone think that putting everyone in some subcategory of 1 was going to make everyone feel better?
    My county is currently vaccinating "Group 1.B.3" and will be starting with "Group 1.B.4" soon.

I got the J&J shot yesterday and feel a bit sluggish but that is probably from the copious amount of Jim Beam that I consumed last evening. No improvement of cell service here.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    ...hope that it is J&J
    Out of curiosity, why? One and done?

Based on the friend of mine who got the J&J vaccine in Gunnison County yesterday, it's because he wants to feel like he has the worst hangover of his life, and got hit by a truck on the stumble home from the bar the day after his shot.

Yes, one and done.

I hate appointments. plans...anticipation....responsibility.....
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The VA is calling it the Jassen vacine?
    I guess that's J&J. Likely what they will hit me with. Don't know when. Within a month.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I don't know about wearing a mask forever all the time in public. In a bus probably. When you have a cold definitely. Allergy season, absolutely. Everywhere in public for the rest of the year, likely. A lot depends on the variants and on how many people get vaccinated.
    Department of Health and Human Services in MT must make everything as complicated as possible.
    Honestly, with the smoke we got from California last summer, it was easier to leave the mask on outside. If we get a lot of smoke again, might try it this year too. Stupid temperature inversions.
    No longer stuck.

So I got Pfizer yesterday in UT. Easy, drive through and smooth. Sore arm yesterday and some sneezing and slight runny nose. This morning I just crashed at 10 after being up a few hours. Feel run down today but not bad. 2nd follow shot in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I guess that's J&J. Likely what they will hit me with. Don't know when. Within a month.
    Janssen vaccine. Yeah, same thing as J and J. I was browsing the list of vaccines approved or in development today. It's not a factoid I would otherwise remember.

Just got the Pfizer today in Ontario. Feel pretty good. But the microchip feels weird.....

Huh, no where close to getting ours in CA and I thought most of you guys were under 65, so I am guessing it is job related for you to of received it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    I got the J&J shot yesterday and feel a bit sluggish but that is probably from the copious amount of Jim Beam that I consumed last evening. No improvement of cell service here.
    I was curious if the J&J has similar side effects.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Buddie's fiance got the J+J in Eagle County, CO recently. She said she felt weird/kinda tired for a couple days and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Buddie's fiance got the J+J in Eagle County, CO recently. She said she felt weird/kinda tired for a couple days and that was it.
    That's how we've all felt for the last year.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

J&J purchased Janssen Pharmaceuticals in 1961, now called Janssen Research & Development.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Huh, no where close to getting ours in CA and I thought most of you guys were under 65, so I am guessing it is job related for you to of received it.
    I can't swear to it. But suspect not all counties are the same when it comes to organization related to vacines.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Utah is at 50 and over currently and has other criteria that make you eligible

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

By clotting disorder do you mean the blood clot too easily and you or whoever you're asking for is taking anticoagulants or the blood doesn't clot? Either way I would just regular meds at the regular time and get the shot. Maybe a small chance of getting a small hematoma at the injection site but nothing to worry about. If there was a hematoma I suppose there's a chance it could interfere with the absorption of the vaccine into the blood stream but it's a small injection with a very skinny needle in an area without any significant vessels but that shouldn't keep the person from getting the shot.
    Thank you OG. That's what I've read and it makes sense, just thought I'd ask the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Anyone have any data on folks getting a vaccine who have clotting disorders? Seems like the word is to make sure you're up on your anticoagulants, but thats about all I can find. Doc seems to feel the same way.
    For either hereditary or acquired clotting/bleeding issues, whether requiring anticoagulation ("blood thinners") or not, there does not appear to be any interaction with any of the extant vaccines or any vaccine-associated coagulopathy (clotting and/or bleeding tendency).

Which is to say, with what we currently know, go ahead and get vaccinated, and don't change your meds if you're on anticoaguation.

It is a good question Rev, as I have mentioned several times in the other associated thread that actually getting COVID19 can lead to clotting issues as there appears to be an immune-mediated coagulopathy associated with actual SARS CoV2 virus infection - which appears to be a significant source of morbidity and mortality.

But with the vaccine? No, at least no prior data and no case reports to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    For either hereditary or acquired clotting/bleeding issues, whether requiring anticoagulation ("blood thinners") or not, there does not appear to be any interaction with the vaccine or any vaccine-associated coagulopathy (clotting and/or bleeding tendency).

Which is to say, with what we currently know, go ahead and get vaccinated, and don't change your meds if you're on anticoaguation.

It is a good question Rev, as I have mentioned several times in this thread that actually getting COVID19 can lead to clotting issues as there appears to be an immune-mediated coagulopathy associated with actual SARS CoV2 virus infection - which appears to be a significant source of morbidity and mortality.

But with the vaccine? No, at least no prior data and no case reports to date.
    Also much appreciated. The coagulation events associated with the virus made me wonder.