Page 78 of 929 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I hear ya. Just saw Inslee said people over 50 will be eligible next month...then saw the fine print that it's over 50 with two comorbidities.
    Yeah. Can you imagine a time when being young & healthy is a bummer?

If I was a scofflaw I might be tempted to call myself an ag worker as I am an employee on my farm.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How is it so widely different from place to place, state to state, or county to county? Are places not getting proportional amounts of vaccine? I mean, if Gunnison County is 50% vaccinated (at least 1 dose) and we're at something like 20-25%, what accounts for the difference?
    I'd like to know this, too. Haven't yet seen it explained well. Easy to assume that it's just unprepared and disorganized Gov't structure making decisions on-the-fly.

Did the Obama era pandemic program have a distribution plan? Trump snorted asshole dust with the rolled-up last copy?

That top graph is deceptive because the vaccines haven't even been approved for anyone under 16 yet, yet it specifically states that it is calculating based on 100% of the population. Also consider that something like 1/4 of adults (basically a majority of Republicans) don't even want it...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How is it so widely different from place to place, state to state, or county to county? Are places not getting proportional amounts of vaccine? I mean, if Gunnison County is 50% vaccinated (at least 1 dose) and we're at something like 20-25%, what accounts for the difference?
    C'mon, weren't you paying attention for the last year? Trump washed his hands of the problem. He literally said, it's the state's ball now at the end. He always said it was the state's problem as far as Covid policy. And that trickled down to actual implementation. Lucky are the people with good, local beauracrats who cared.

National Guard ran my outdoor facility, btw.

Utah is now anyone 50+ or 16+ with any # of comorbidities, including a BMI of 30+. I still don’t qualify but I checked online and if I qualified I would easily be able to get a shot Monday, 5 minutes from my house. I usually have lots to complain about our local yahoo’s, but they seem to be handling the vaccine well.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    That top graph is deceptive because the vaccines haven't even been approved for anyone under 16 yet, yet it specifically states that it is calculating based on 100% of the population. Also consider that something like 1/4 of adults (basically a majority of Republicans) don't even want it...
    A couple of additional thoughts on the graph, fwiw.
    1. They make no attempts to adjust for what I understand will be a pretty substantial increase in supply of the vaccines.
    2. That sounds about right about 1/4 of the population but I think many of those folks may have already had the virus, which probably helps herd immunity.
    3. Last I read experts think we need like 50% to 80% of the population vaccinated or to have had the disease to get to herd immunity.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

If I was a scofflaw I might be tempted to call myself an ag worker as I am an employee on my farm.
    Or dress up in a gorilla suit.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cines-outbreak

I'd have gladly given up my shot if I could have gone back to being too young to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Utah is now anyone 50+ or 16+ with any # of comorbidities, including a BMI of 30+. I still don’t qualify but I checked online and if I qualified I would easily be able to get a shot Monday, 5 minutes from my house. I usually have lots to complain about our local yahoo’s, but they seem to be handling the vaccine well.
    Interesting data on Utah is we are in the top 16 of states/provinces for % of shots used (this has gone down as we were top 5 a week or so ago) and yet we are 5th from the bottom in terms of % of population vaccinated. Seems like if a state is using their vaccines, they should be allocated more. That said, I think we're already starting to see more eligible people not opting to take it. The reason we went from 70+ to 50+ so quick seems to indicate that there are openings as people choose not to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    How much would you need to gain to make weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    A couple of additional thoughts on the graph, fwiw.
    1. They make no attempts to adjust for what I understand will be a pretty substantial increase in supply of the vaccines.
    2. That sounds about right about 1/4 of the population but I think many of those folks may have already had the virus, which probably helps herd immunity.
    3. Last I read experts think we need like 50% to 80% of the population vaccinated or to have had the disease to get to herd immunity.
    Natural infection does not produce the level of antibodies that vaccination does so people who have been infected are potentially vulnerable, especially to variants. The figure I have seen most recently has been at the high end of your range and depending on what happens with variants could be higher still. And as one of our experts (mofro? multiverse? has pointed out--there has never been a disease where herd immunity has been achieved on the basis of natural infection. SARS and MERS seem to have disappeared--but most likely because they sickened or killed their victims before they could spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I hear ya. Just saw Inslee said people over 50 will be eligible next month...then saw the fine print that it's over 50 with two comorbidities.
    Apparently, one of the comorbidities is smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Second Pfizer shot this morning and was on the lift by 9:15 for some sunny laps.

And: 5G really boosts my Dolphin Turns.
    right on. got mine (moderna) on a monday evening.
    pow day tuesday morning.
    got a crazy looking core shot but likely unrelated.

many coworkers got crazy sweats/chills/headaches/sleeplessness the 2nd overnite after the shot.

as anticipated those potential side effects were no match for the cold day and the hard crash after i got home.

~100k people, 70k over 16 and my county has only received 1100 doses of the 3k they've requested so far. Why did they only request 3k doses? Why did the county exec get to go to Albany to get stuck? They are only allowing county employees that are considered essential to get jabbed, there isn't a private or state vax center in the county and none of the pharmacies are doing it. Even the cops in my town that are under 65 (in other words all of them) can't get a shot without going to Albany. The surrounding counties have vax centers but you must be a county resident to get stuck. Due to comorbities both my wife and I qualify but the nearest and soonest we can get appointments is 3.5 hours away and we need to wait until May. Fuck this fucking dumbass state and system.

Are all these people vaccinated, or just don't care? I went to grab take out pizza last night. The place was open for indoors dining, and was packed. Not a mask in sight. People laughing, drinking, eating. Full tables of very clearly multiple families and couples. I am in the Seattle area, and honestly see masks on almost everywhere, except last night.

Are they vaccinated? Don't care? Is this the way it has always been in places that were open and serve food or drink?

I am not going back there until I am in the clear...that's for sure. I was just curious what folks thinks is the deal...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I'm not even that young and I'm damn near last on the list in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Are all these people vaccinated, or just don't care? I went to grab take out pizza last night. The place was open for indoors dining, and was packed. Not a mask in sight. People laughing, drinking, eating. Full tables of very clearly multiple families and couples. I am in the Seattle area, and honestly see masks on almost everywhere, except last night.

Are they vaccinated? Don't care? Is this the way it has always been in places that were open and serve food or drink?

I am not going back there until I am in the clear...that's for sure. I was just curious what folks thinks is the deal...

You live in NB, a little slice of Redoubt west of the Cascade Crest.

I'm glad both my parents are fully vaccinated, definitely a relief.

looks like I'm taking up smoking cigs in a few minutes
    changing my diet so I can eat a bunch of shit food and gain 30 - 40 lbs by the end of the week
    plus a bunch of other health issues I already got
    I'll get right to the front of the line, america is great

Got the 1st Moderna shot on Thursday around 1 PM. All-day Friday I was jacked up, made Jambalaya from scratch, did laundry, cleaned the house, could not sit still. 7 PM crashed and slept for 14 hours and woke up with headache and body aches.
    Now laying in bed with the laptop on my chest and have crazy fast internet speed.
    So I have that going for me, which is nice

Wife and I registered ! Should have the first jab in a couple weeks!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ~100k people, 70k over 16 and my county has only received 1100 doses of the 3k they've requested so far. Why did they only request 3k doses? Why did the county exec get to go to Albany to get stuck? They are only allowing county employees that are considered essential to get jabbed, there isn't a private or state vax center in the county and none of the pharmacies are doing it. Even the cops in my town that are under 65 (in other words all of them) can't get a shot without going to Albany. The surrounding counties have vax centers but you must be a county resident to get stuck. Due to comorbities both my wife and I qualify but the nearest and soonest we can get appointments is 3.5 hours away and we need to wait until May. Fuck this fucking dumbass state and system.
    what county are you in? was listening to a discussion on this on wamc's round table weeks back. the whole distribution system was devolved from where it should have been - the fed and the states...hot-potatoed to the counties and then (at least in NYS) mostly to the hospitals. it all sounds like something out of soviet russia. i'm surprised there is to a thriving black market out there competing with the official channels in many places.

much of the consensus was that the counties were actually well-suited to vaccine distribution - but that role was taken from them.

Why BC is going with a 4 month delay

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canad...risk-1.5939134

things could change again by the time i get stuck,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    looks like I'm taking up smoking cigs in a few minutes
    changing my diet so I can eat a bunch of shit food and gain 30 - 40 lbs by the end of the week
    plus a bunch of other health issues I already got
    I'll get right to the front of the line, america is great
    There’s a great Simpsons episode where Homer tries to put on enough weight to go on disability so he can qualify to work from home.

Some good tips in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Interesting data on Utah is we are in the top 16 of states/provinces for % of shots used (this has gone down as we were top 5 a week or so ago) and yet we are 5th from the bottom in terms of % of population vaccinated. Seems like if a state is using their vaccines, they should be allocated more. That said, I think we're already starting to see more eligible people not opting to take it. The reason we went from 70+ to 50+ so quick seems to indicate that there are openings as people choose not to get it.
    More like the availability of the J&J vaccine which has been allocated to Intermountain Health
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You live in NB, a little slice of Redoubt west of the Cascade Crest.

I'm glad both my parents are fully vaccinated, definitely a relief.
    I understand that, but even in stores around here, 100% masks. I guess because it is required.
    Same on my parental front. A relief.

I made an appointment for Monday afternoon. Expanded 1B+ starts Monday and includes people on immune reducing drugs. I'll take whatever they're offering, even the J&J.
    I'm very excited.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.