Page 632 of 929 FirstFirst ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... LastLast
Results 15,776 to 15,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And then I found one in Lakewood for the 6th, so signed up for that instead. I'm willing to drive a little to get in a week sooner, especially because we're traveling on the 20th, so having two weeks of vaccine in her instead of one is more betterer.

I should know this but don't: is the pfizer for 5-11 kids still a two dose regimen (separated by 3 weeks)?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PowderPig View Post
    For Boulderites looking to sign their 5-11 year old child up:

https://www.comassvax.org/registrati...linic_id=11000
    Thanks for that. Got my boy signed up. Like Danno I dealt with repeated glitches, but it eventually worked.

So now that a good portion of this crowd has had their boosters, has there been discussion of when you all are planning on going for booster #2? Gonna be more of an annual thing like the flu shot or every 6 months (or 3?).

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    So now that a good portion of this crowd has had their boosters, has there been discussion of when you all are planning on going for booster #2? Gonna be more of an annual thing like the flu shot or every 6 months (or 3?).
    I'll go in for a booster if CDC says it's recommended. I think it will have a lot to do with our ability as a country to convince the fence sitters to get the vaccine. As long as a good chunk of the population refuses to get vaccinated we'll be stuck in our current state.

what does that ultimately mean? maybe a boost every 6-12 months until the antivaxxers die off or case numbers become so low that we're in a realm of herd immunity.

Are you getting a booster? I think you said you got vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Really? This is a legitimate question to you?

I'll go whenever the science suggests I should go, and as supplies allow, so that I can stay healthy and so that my family can stay healthy. I don't have a crystal ball. But if the future science says I need to get one every 6 months or even every 3, I'll do it. Won't be that big a deal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What if it's every ten years like tetanus!? Then what, Danno?! CHECKMATE
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This is going to blow your mind but some of us have been getting an annual flu shot for years.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    This is going to blow your mind but some of us have been getting an annual flu shot for years.
    hahahaha, well played

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Beverage met monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    What if it's every ten years like tetanus!? Then what, Danno?! CHECKMATE
    Now I feel pwned.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Really? This is a legitimate question to you?
    Yes. Re-read the question. I wasn't being snarky or sarcastic. Was a serious question, and I'm simply curious where everyone's at on the subject. No right or wrong answers. Just taking temperatures on it. That's all. Maybe I should've phrased it as a poll instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'll go in for a booster if CDC says it's recommended....Are you getting a booster?
    No. Like you, I'll wait til CDC guidelines actually say so. As of now, their website says only get a booster if you're 65+ or 50-64 have underlying health issues. I am neither of those things, so no boosters for me yet. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html

What we really need is an antibody test that gives a number. If that number doesn’t fall in a certain range you need the booster ( or one dose of the vaccine if you have already had covid). There has to be some combo that’s optimal such as J.J. + Moderna or Pfizer 3x or natural + Pfizer etc. There is so many unknowns and a lot of stick them and see what happens. Or am I crazy And this just isn’t possible.

No. Like you, I'll wait til CDC guidelines actually say so. As of now, their website says only get a booster if you're 65+ or 50-64 have underlying health issues. I am neither of those things, so no boosters for me yet. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html
    I used to smoke...booyahh

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    What we really need is an antibody test that gives a number. If that number doesn’t fall in a certain range you need the booster ( or one dose of the vaccine if you have already had covid). There has to be some combo that’s optimal such as J.J. + Moderna or Pfizer 3x or natural + Pfizer etc. There is so many unknowns and a lot of stick them and see what happens. Or am I crazy And this just isn’t possible.
    If I had time I'd go back and cross post to the post from MV or whoever several pages ago that explains there is a lot more to our immune system than antibody load.

The short of it is that what you propose wouldn't work.

As long as they have enough for all the kids who need it I'm not batting an eye about pulling the former smoker card to get a booster. Booked my appointment for Nov 8th earlier today. Former smoker almost 20 years ago LOL...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    As long as they have enough for all the kids who need it I'm not batting an eye about pulling the former smoker card to get a booster. Booked my appointment for Nov 8th earlier today. Former smoker almost 20 years ago LOL...
    It was estimated that we'd have over 1 billion surplus shots by year end, hence the dispersing to Mexico, India and wherever else was mentioned. Assuming the kids, especially little ones, the dose would be smaller?
    Idk, but get the booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I used to smoke...booyahh

If I had time I'd go back and cross post to the post from MV or whoever several pages ago that explains there is a lot more to our immune system than antibody load.

The short of it is that what you propose wouldn't work.

with AA on this.
    I believe Multi- (MV) first linked the study that shows immunity wanes after four to six months shown by what I understood to be an increase in positive (covid) tests; though with those positive tests, there was not also an increase in 'severe covid' leading to hospitalizations. resistance to 'severe covid' remained high as fewer than 10% (ten) who were "fully vaccinated" ( manufacturer's recommendation. two doses or one dose, plus fourteen days ) required hospitalization.

I believe it is premature to conclude future developments -
    I have read articles about a new Delta variant with increased transmissibility, though I don't consider the articles I saw to be definitively conclusive.
    under the circumstances, with current products available, twice per year seems reasonable
    ( don't forget there is ongoing work to improve the effectiveness of the vaccination - including the duration of immunity... )

see what 2022 brings...

Good luck.
    Be well -
    Please Be Safe... skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    with AA on this.
    I believe Multi- (MV) first linked the study that shows immunity wanes after four to six months shown by what I understood to be an increase in positive (covid) tests; though with those positive tests, there was not also an increase in 'severe covid' leading to hospitalizations. resistance to 'severe covid' remained high as fewer than 10% (ten) who were "fully vaccinated" ( manufacturer's recommendation. two doses or one dose, plus fourteen days ) required hospitalization.

I believe it is premature to conclude future developments -
    I have read articles about a new Delta variant with increased transmissibility, though I don't consider the articles I saw to be definitively conclusive.
    under the circumstances, with current products available, twice per year seems reasonable
    ( don't forget there is ongoing work to improve the effectiveness of the vaccination - including the duration of immunity... )

see what 2022 brings...

Good luck.
    Be well -
    Please Be Safe... skiJ
    Stop composing your posts in notepad before pasting into TRG.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Rephrasing somewhat as you'd like a test that says how much booster you need and when. Laying aside technical issues for a moment, getting a shot is a $20 exercise (What Moderna/Pfizer/J+J roughly charges the gummint currently). So, what's it worth to test before injecting? Hypothetically, if we had a $10 test, and half the people we test need the boost, we've saved no money. And we've made the process more complex. Sure, it'd be nice to have, and $10 for an even chance to avoid a sore arm - I would take the offer (unless the test causes a sore arm).

Ofc, labs and universities have been looking for such a test (they call it correlate of immunity) and we don't have anything validated, much less standardized, much less commercialized and approved (and cheap). So the sensible thing to do is the same as most other vaccines - roll up your sleeve. When medicine advances to Star Trek levels, the doctor can wave a tri-corder at you and customize your immunity boost. My take is we'll vaccinate on schedules until then.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    He’s paid per parenthesis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lol

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...M:gen:PTN:FY21

tele - I hope that you are doing okay - and that your Family is doing okay.

the above link is not what I was looking for, but it will suffice for the factoid I wanted and the point I hope to make ;
    nationally, more than 400Million doses of vaccine have been given. the incidence of serious side effects is very low. the vaccines are Safe, though they are not perfectly safe. ...
    Please remember the studies showing waning immunity after four or five or six months...
    And that same study does not show an increase requiring hospitalization.

a very recent post doesn't make reference to the role of Vaccination in limiting the transmission of covid, but I believe it is an important concept to remember - vaccination is important to limiting the spread of covid ( several studies are cited up-thread ) ;

I appreciate your interest in a test, and as has been mentioned upthread Bcells and Tcells are also important in immunity to covid, so an antibody test is going to be an incomplete picture. And to my concern, it still focuses on an individual, when - as you are now experiencing - this is,,, a community-borne disease.

most importantly, I hope you and your Family come through this with no long-term effects.

Good luck.
    Be well...

respectfully. tj

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    With all love and respect to SkiJ, I would truly like to know what it is he is doing. He needs to find a helpful 8 year old to show him how to post on the internet.

And to be fair, he’s gotten lots better since people started giving him shit.

focus.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

And an editor. The lengthy replies make me feel like they are an 18th century poetry assignment. Which I usually skipped as well lol
    Last edited by mcski; 10-30-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Idk, but get the booster.
    Is your advice based on any sort of official CDC guidance, teh science, or is it just like your opinion, man?