Page 720 of 929 FirstFirst ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... LastLast
Results 17,976 to 18,000 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If you want to eat the biggest schnitzel in all of Germany at the table, proof of vax AND recent negative test must be shown at the door.

Attachment 395731
    I will take the Keller bier on the right, Bitte. A friend owns a bar in Germany (Windmuhle, Fulda). For the longest time, he was forced to close, but the government did pay him 75% of his 2019 gross ? receipts.
    https://www.windmuehle-fulda.de. shameless spam
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why would anyone want that much schnitzel in one sitting??? And Jägerschnitzel is the best schnitzel.
    If you can eat all of it, it's free. You have to ask. You're welcome.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    We can all agree at this point that vaccinated individuals can experience a breakthrough infection where they can get COVID, and transmit it to others. This would include EVERY American, hoss. This isn't a point of contention anymore. Sorry about your friend.

At home testing isn't for concerts or international travel, but it has many beneficial uses. This is for members of society to have the option of an instant test to determine whether to attend that social function or not by letting the individual make an adult decision without intervention of the nanny state.

This would help stop the spread, which I thought was the goal still?
    Vaccinated individuals are ~4 times less likely to get infected and even less likely to spread.

Testing can reduce spread, but targeted use is more efficient than random surveillance testing.

But the primary goal is not to stop all infections, but to limit impacts on hospitals. Vaccines are the only real tool for that, ~10x lower hospitalization rate vs unvaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

"Nanny state" but expects a free testing provision. Geenyus.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yep, arguing that the rapid tests aren't 100% effective is tantamount to complaining that vaccines aren't 100% effective. We don't need absolute perfection for something to be effective.
    Personally, I like the complaints about not having enough free/cheap testing from gov't while complaining about the nanny state. Amazing.

not sure how to embed this video

* mute your sound before playing *

U.S. COVID-19 Deaths by Vaccine Status
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...accine_status/

screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 10.20.51 AM.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	395732

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Vaccinated individuals are ~4 times less likely to get infected and even less likely to spread.

Testing can reduce spread, but targeted use is more efficient than random surveillance testing.

But the primary goal is not to stop all infections, but to limit impacts on hospitals. Vaccines are the only real tool for that, ~10x lower hospitalization rate vs unvaccinated.
    This message is not heard by asspen and others like him. They can’t see what’s going on in hospitals so it doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No. No one cares but you. Go fetch.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Personally, I like the complaints about not having enough free/cheap testing from gov't while complaining about the nanny state. Amazing.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-07 103451.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	586.2 KB 
ID:	395740

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    We can all agree at this point that vaccinated individuals can experience a breakthrough infection where they can get COVID, and transmit it to others. This would include EVERY American, hoss. This isn't a point of contention anymore. Sorry about your friend.

At home testing isn't for concerts or international travel, but it has many beneficial uses. This is for members of society to have the option of an instant test to determine whether to attend that social function or not by letting the individual make an adult decision without intervention of the nanny state.

This would help stop the spread, which I thought was the goal still?
    Have you ordered your at home tests from the state of Colorado?

I'd rather pay and eat a reasonable amount. HFS.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Proctored, or not, home tests are only 80-85% reliable at best. Lots of false negatives when infection is in early stages and asymptomatic. Best to go to a facility to get tested with PCR test.
    They are a great additional tool, not a replacement and should be treated as such.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Have you ordered your at home tests from the state of Colorado?
    Yep, got the email, filled everything out (they need my employer...for a home test?) then waited 24 hours for my window. Signed up after window was open (re enter all information again) then got flagged with an error thinking i was not invited to the system.

Sent an email CDPHE trying to get to the bottom of it. No response for a few days. No tests delivered. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    <snip>
    I just went to a friends celebration of life for his wife
    both antivaxxers, she died of covid-19, he survived
    Celebration of Dum?

At least in urban areas free testing is relatively easy to get, but not necessarily convenient. It certainly would be an improvement if anyone could simply get a free test they could take at home.
    Our county provides these via the school district...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The home tests are great for peace of mind. They're pretty worthless for actual documentation though. No way to verify who was swabbed or when with the home tests unless professionally administered live online streaming. My kid had to do that first year of college.. perform the test in a conference call and seal the packaging to mail them so it was harder to use a proxy.

What home tests are good for is to decided whether or not you need to go get in line to take a formal clinic administered test. A home test won't and shouldn't be valid documentation for admission to concerts, public transport, the workplace etc..
    All of this. We recently used several of the at-home tests for the kid. Had any turned up positive, we would have gone to get a "proper" test.

Name:	Home Page.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	395743
    4 week moving average for CO

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Name:	Home Page.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	395743
    4 week moving average for CO
    The most disturbing part of that graphic are the avg ages of the unvaccinated stats.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-07 103451.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	586.2 KB 
ID:	395740
    The maga guy there is a good approximation of a buddy who went full conservatard, Hannity knob gobbler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Any recent comparison between infected/recovered vs vaxxed individuals ability to transmit? Especially across multiple timeframes? I haven't run across anything lately.
    Latest article I read showed that despite being PCR positive, vaccine breakthroughs had far lower viral culture positive rates and durations vs unvaccinated. This indicates both shorter timeframes of shed and lower rates of shedding replication competent virus.

Here is another article https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2786040
    And another: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/articl...fab526/6425697

Both indicate the same thing, lower prevalence of disease, shorter duration of shed, and lower asymptomatic rates or reduced viral load with likely lower replication competence all yielding less transmissibility.

Name:	F1.large.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	395745

$20 dumb old troll just vanishes

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why would anyone want that much schnitzel in one sitting??? And Jägerschnitzel is the best schnitzel.
    It’s not the biggest unless those ar 3L mugs and the plate is 24”. Does look good though.

While I might agree on the Jaegerschnitzel, saying that out loud makes me think you’re in the Taliban or something.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I will take the Keller bier on the right, Bitte. A friend owns a bar in Germany (Windmuhle, Fulda). For the longest time, he was forced to close, but the government did pay him 75% of his 2019 gross ? receipts.
    https://www.windmuehle-fulda.de. shameless spam
    ha! I think I’ve been there at least once.

but you ain’t gonna say what town? Huh. It don’t look that big to me. Unless it’s like more than two Kilo, I’m taking this challenge. U have to eat the potatoes too? Are those more like fries or like potato salad type? Looks yum. I’m not familiar with that sauce being served with the wiener schnitzel or pork schnitzel maybe I’m just forgetting but I’m curious cuz it looks delicious. Bearnaise type maybe?

Man I had so much good food over there. Gotta go back some day.

My effort to re-create the schnitzel I had at Anker Bernhausen, a cool little pub:

Name:	IMG_2124.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	395752

Went with spaetzle, though, she would do German style potato salad, bigger schnitzel and offer the brown sauce/gravy on the side. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 12-07-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    then I would certainly be willing to revise my position on certain things.
    No one gives a fuck.

Jägerschnitzle with Spätzle. Potato salad goes with Maultaschen IN the broth.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The most disturbing part of that graphic are the avg ages of the unvaccinated stats.
    That means if they stratified the data by age, the already strong case for vaccination becomes much stronger. The median hospitalized vaccinated person is old 77, where the median hospitalized unvaxxed person is only middle aged 58.

I had chicken schnitzel tonight. Also Kloss mit sauce and rot kraut.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Right up there with "I'm against communism!!"; and also, "Some shit is out of stock how come the state isn't doing more to control the means of production!!"