Page 716 of 929 FirstFirst ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... LastLast
Results 17,876 to 17,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Big surprise here...people letting politics take them down the path of stupidity
    https://apple.news/A6LdAubdkRfGMbVmnYuca7g
    “In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Big surprise here...people letting politics take them down the path of stupidity
    https://apple.news/A6LdAubdkRfGMbVmnYuca7g
    Almost posted that here yesterday but held off to avoid politicization, but if we are gonna go there....

Many years from now, I hope that the world will remember how fucking stupid these people are. I hope that it is well documented, widely discussed, and that it is widely accepted that these republican, anti-mask, anti vaccine, folks are among the dumbest motherfuckers to have ever walked the planet. When these unvaccinated people visit the hospital, they should be cared for, Hippocratic oath and all, but it should be in a unheated make-shift army tent with the Trump logo on it, just like his hotels, and they should be charged a royalty fee on their medical bill. Their graves should be marked with an asterisk or some kind of symbol to ensure that they are remembered for their idiocy well past their death, and their own family members can reflect on the shame and humiliation that this person has brought to their bloodline.

So it was a bad thing to quarantine small pox, measles, TB, etc?

Those vaccines that are REQUIRED for children to attend school and for adults to attend college were only allowed religious exemptions because the level of immunization and herd immunity in society is very strong. Without that there would be zero exemptions and folks who can't or won't simply couldn't go to school with other kids..

Whataboutism... ebola? Should people with ebola be banned from participating in society
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Bottom line, I don't think anyone should be coerced or forced to inject something into their body so they can participate in 'society' or make you feel 'safe'.
    We’ve had vaccine mandates in schools for decades and they were generally well received by people like you now opposed to them because of tribal political bullshit.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone should be coerced or forced to inject something into their body so they can participate in 'society' or make you feel 'safe'.
    The Libertarian adage is: Your right to swing your arm ends before my nose.

So, society has always reasonably placed some requirements on behavior to be part of a free society.

Even the Founding Fathers understood the need for public health measures such as quarantine and immunization (variolation), and the right of society to command such things from unwilling members.

Do you have the right to be drunk? Yes. In Public? If you do not disturb others. While driving? That is hazarding others.

I equate choosing to be unvaccinated with being drunk while driving. Yea you might make it home from the bar without hitting anyone. Or you might cause a multicar pileup. You are hazarding others, society, and yourself much more than if sober and society has decided to restrict your liberty to behave in such a manner so that they can be free and safe from such unjustifiable danger.

No man is an island when it comes to communicable disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Whattaboutism the military? Should they also not be given/mandated all these vaccines for stuff like anthrax before deployment/activation? Nobody was whining about all the additional vaccines the military has been mandated since... forever. Now all of a sudden it's all a huge violation of muh freedumbs? Support our troops doesn't gel well with sending them in to harm's way unprotected from these threats including COVID.. And stuff like the anthrax vax was also brand new when mandated for them so don't go there with untested or whatever..

Komrade DDD, do they also vax military and school kids in your motherland Russia?

Hi. 'Fuck you'. Best health douchebag.

Get ready for measles, polio, etc make big comebacks in the USA. There are plenty of folks ready to make that the next battle. (State Senator Richard Pan who sponsored the no-exceptions school vaccine law in CA has been physically assaulted and repeatedly harassed, and that was before MAGA and Covid.)

This tgr lib mob reminds me of the kangaroo court in Idiocracy. Fortunately you're a relatively small group.

I'll let you all get back to your expert level circle jerk.
    At least he's not feigning an argument and has gotten down to his essential message when he recognizes another of his failures at debate. The only hope for Democracy lies in faith in the intelligence of the masses.

Now, how about freshening up some data regarding omicron vax resistance, communicability and severity?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I demaned right lights to be banned. It is a against my freedom to drive the way i want.

This tgr lib mob reminds me of the kangaroo court in Idiocracy. Fortunately you're a relatively small group.

At least now you’re being clear instead of fake.

Maybe check the number of people that are for covid vaccine mandates (just like mandates that have existed for other infectious diseases) - I’ll give you a hint - it’s not a “relatively small group”

You’ve been participating in a society that has had vaccine mandates all along.

Bottom line: you have the right to your opinion. You have the right to not get the covid vaccine.

You don’t have the right to have your opinion and choices respected or coddled or worked around. Let that one sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Get ready for measles, polio, etc make big comebacks in the USA. There are plenty of folks ready to make that the next battle. (State Senator Richard Pan who sponsored the no-exceptions school vaccine law in CA has been physically assaulted and repeatedly harassed, and that was before MAGA and Covid.)
    And that's not MAGA truck driving gun shooting bubbas and bubbetes, that's well off and educated suburban Moms and compliant Dads with wealthy and powerful celebrities supporting them, like Robert Kennedy's son.

you would have flown out of the windshield 60 years ago. #vibes.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

preserved.

several others ^^^ have addressed this well.

good luck.
    Please get vaccinated. tj

( I believe we are a week or three (weeks) from beginning to have data on vaccination effectivess for omicron )

A friend of mine and his family who live in town, and who I have invited to my house for X-mas dinner, will be traveling from SLC to NY on Dec. 18, then to Toronto on Dec. 20, then back to SLC on 12/24. I think that I may cancel. OTOH, they will all need to pass a COVID test w/in 24hrs. of returning to the USA, and my son works at a very busy local bar 5 days/wk, and he will be dining with us.

Other notes:
    1) I will return to last year's protocol and wear a mask when skiing;
    2) On Wednesday, my sister's in-laws, who live in Germany and are in their late '80s, finally received their first vax. On Friday, both were diagnosed with COVID. My bro-in-law's bro., who is an anti-vaxxer, is blaming the vax for the diagnosis. They are doing very poorly and they can't receive hospital treatment because of overcrowding. +++VIBES+++
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

China Calls on ‘Little Inoculated Warriors’

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/b...smid=url-share

China has embarked on an ambitious campaign that it says will give the country better protection against Covid-19: full inoculation of 160 million of its youngest citizens by the end of the year.

In the first two weeks of the effort, which began in late October, 84 million boys and girls between the ages of 3 and 11, about half of the eligible population, received the first of two shots.

By contrast, in the United States, 2.6 million children between ages 5 and 11, or about 10 percent of the eligible population, received one dose over roughly the same time period.

The campaign faces significant obstacles, including parental reluctance in a country with a checkered history of safety on children’s vaccines. The government insists that child inoculations are voluntary, but parents have described coming under pressure to get their children vaccinated.

Though Chinese vaccines are generally considered safe, the country also has a history of administering spoiled shots and guarding any information about negative incidents.

China is the world’s last zero-Covid holdout, and officials have shown no willingness to change course. Cities of millions of people continue to be locked down during minor outbreaks; tourist sites like Shanghai Disneyland have been shut down to carry out on-the-spot testing. People who lie about infections, hide symptoms or try to escape quarantine do so under threat of prison.

The ruling Communist Party has pointed to the country’s low Covid-19 numbers — fewer than 5,000 people have died — as evidence that China’s authoritarian model is superior to the rest of the world, even as its borders remain closed and ordinary citizens find their personal freedom severely restricted during outbreaks.

I'll bet you have a point to make. What is it?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Other notes:
    1) I will return to last year's protocol and wear a mask when skiing;
    Went skiing yesterday in North KaKalaKi. Outdoors NOBODY wore masks except 2-3 instructors who were working with little kids too houng to be vaxxed. Indoors myself and maybe a handful of others wore masks. 80% of the staff indoors NOT wearing any masks. If I wasn't triple vaxxed I would have turned around and left without even a single run.
    But, I was mostly comfortable outdoors unmasked, slight breeze. Last year pre vax I left the same place after an hour when it got crowed and a few people were NOT covering up outdoors.

Thankfully vaccines have me much better protected. I still wish the rest of the folks indoors would have covered up. Some of us go home to immune compromised and/or children too young to be vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’. This particular piece of stupidity requires one to actively ignore that medical research pretty much always looks at prevention vs treatment options, and generally science rejoices when preventative or mitigation measures can be found (eg vaccines) since they are typically so much cheaper and/or more feasible to administer across populations and regional economies incl developing world.
    Fuck seatbelts! I want titanium bones.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Went skiing yesterday in North KaKalaKi. Outdoors NOBODY wore masks except 2-3 instructors who were working with little kids too houng to be vaxxed. Indoors myself and maybe a handful of others wore masks. 80% of the staff indoors NOT wearing any masks. If I wasn't triple vaxxed I would have turned around and left without even a single run.
    But, I was mostly comfortable outdoors unmasked, slight breeze. Last year pre vax I left the same place after an hour when it got crowed and a few people were NOT covering up outdoors.
    I'd say at this point that *any* expectation that folks wear masks outdoors is fairly unreasonable, unless the outdoor activity is PACKED with humans in very close proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'd say at this point that *any* expectation that folks wear masks outdoors is fairly unreasonable, unless the outdoor activity is PACKED with humans in very close proximity.
    Like weekend lift lines, trams and gondolas?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Demand your doctor give them to you! Contact your representatives in office if no one will perform the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    His posts don't count
    FIFY

Who needs a seatbelt? We have medical procedures for people who crash. Ever heard of traction?

FIFY
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at, thanks!
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."