Page 154 of 929 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You're right. Thank you...although your correction makes me depressed. we're never getting out of this are we?
    Probably not, we have normalized it and as long as only around 60% of the population is immunized there will be enough variant going around that we will have the learn to live with it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

41k out of 60k vaccinated in W2 county.

Today's clinic was a sell out with many young people coming in for the jab now that it's 16+. People were actually whooping and a hollering when the doors opened. It was like we were letting then into a concert. LOL!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Read on another forum:

“ Friend of mine runs an au pair program in the area. She is having problems with a host family freaking out about their au pair getting vaccinated. They are afraid that if the au pair gets a shot she will give the family blood clots. They have absolutely no concerns of actually contracting COVID.”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Not sure I believe that's for real, but...

Blood clots are contagious now? It should hurt to be that fucking stupid. Goddamned idiocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You're right. Thank you...although your correction makes me depressed. we're never getting out of this are we?
    We weren't getting out of this without closing borders regardless of the vaccine(s).

There's 8 billion people on this Earth and the bats or lab or whatever released a species jumping rapidly mutating chimera.

Your best option is to get the shots and get and stay healthy https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/bjsport...04080.full.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Read on another forum:

“ Friend of mine runs an au pair program in the area. She is having problems with a host family freaking out about their au pair getting vaccinated. They are afraid that if the au pair gets a shot she will give the family blood clots. They have absolutely no concerns of actually contracting COVID.”
    Well, I guess they can afford the au pair since there's no chance their kids will ever go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well, I guess they can afford the au pair since there's no chance their kids will ever go to college.
    If they can afford an au pair there is a college that will take the kids no matter how stupid they are. If all those Kennedy's went to Harvard . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This site's raison d'être is women's plumbing.
    Ha! Nailed it.

btw. could we all say "i got the Biontech vax?" Pfizer only distributes it (and makes shitloads of money with it) worldwide.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's two issues with the idea of a booster--will the immunity of the original shot(s) wear off over time? The only way to know that is to follow antibody levels and also look for a surge in cases among the vaccinated with genotypes for which the vaccine is effective. And will people require a new vaccine for the variants--and the only way to tell that is to watch for cases in the vaccine with new genotypes. At this point they don't know what variant or variants to make a booster for, if it is needed. And of course a lot will depend on whether enough people get vaccinated to keep the generation of variants to a minimum, which seems unlikely. It's all speculative at this point.
    This is the paper everyone is quoting when it comes to duration of protection from natural infection.
    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...f4063.full.pdf

"... simple serological tests for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies do not reflect the richness and durability of immune memory to SARS-CoV-2"

Shouldn't be surprising to anyone that it's more complicated than just antibodies.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.03.55 AM.png
Views: 721
Size:  220.2 KB

^^^Can someone explain this (beyond “it’s complicated”) in terms a liberal arts major can understand?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Can someone explain this (beyond “it’s complicated”) in terms a liberal arts major can understand?
    Color coded for tracking 5 immune parameters over time, 5 = all 5 present, red 4 (no cd8), orange 4 (no b cell at 1 mos), blue 4 (no cd4), grey (no IgG). Everyone maintained either IgG or IgA antibody, increased B cells that make the antibodies, some declines in specific parameters for CD8 and CD4 T cell subsets.

Immune memory isn't going to wain at 1 yr, it is durable based on the body of info about sars1 and sars2.
    Neutralizing Ab in circulation or from memory b cells remains the only mechanism to prevent infection, t cell components kick in day 3-5 and help limit severity of disease but the massive (1000-fold) heterogeneity in the immune response means some % remain susceptible to reinfection and disease.

T cell responses should persist across the Variants of Concern, but continued mutation at binding sites for neutralizing antibodies reduce their effectiveness at limiting infection ( so possiblyallow transmission too). The UK strain is now dominant in the USA and accounts for 40% of cases.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

No. But I'll try. There are multiple factors in immunity. Serum antibodies, which are easily measured with a blood test are only one of them. Therefore, you cannot tell someone is no longer immune by measuring their antibody levels. And think about it--it would be inefficient for the body to maintain high antibody levels for every disease you've ever been exposed to. What the body maintains is the ability to rapidly produce antibodies when re-exposed.
    So at 6 months people retained multiple immune capabilities.
    I would add that vaccination produces a stronger immune response than natural infection.

This is why we need better STEM education. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

This is why we need better education. :-)
    FIFY
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Probably not, we have normalized it and as long as only around 60% of the population is immunized there will be enough variant going around that we will have the learn to live with it.
    The nurse who jabbed me with shot #1 basically said this was the scenario we would be dealing with. Kind of like the flu with variants in different locations and need for different vaccine formulas to deal with the variants.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The nurse who jabbed me with shot #1 basically said this was the scenario we would be dealing with. Kind of like the flu with variants in different locations and need for different vaccine formulas to deal with the variants.
    Hopefully that universal coronavirus vaccine they're working on pans out.

Moderna #2 in the arm - how long is the erection supposed to last?

If more than 4 hours....well....you know the drill

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    If more than 4 hours....well....you know the drill
    Furious masterbation ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

pFizer #2 at 24 hrs and starting to feel like shit, getting chills, can't concentrate .

Yeah, I had Pfizer 2 around 9:00 AM yesterday and felt good most of the day. Around 11:00 PM I was in the fetal position second guessing life choices. Mostly back to normal now. 10/10. Would bang again.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    pFizer #2 at 24 hrs and starting to feel like shit, getting chills, can't concentrate .
    I got Pfizer #2 yesterday afternoon. Woke up this morning and was only feeling a bit tired and not able to really focus. I keep wondering if it is going to get worse, starting to get chills. May knock off work for the rest of the afternoon and walk home.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Furious masterbation ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You know the three rules for when you turn 60? If so, the question answers itself...

pRIVILEGE. wHITE Supremacy. groupThink. intersectionality.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er