Page 556 of 929 FirstFirst ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're wrong. If you are a "front line worker" under 65 your are asked to get booster despite the CDC advisory panel voting AGAINST that 16 to 2. Because there isn't enough DATA. You know SCIENCE? Guess Walensky knows better?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ector.amp.html

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    You said the CDC advises against getting vaccinated if under 65. You are wrong. The CDC recommends people under 65, and 12 and over get vaccinated. Stop spreading false information

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Why are you not addressing the FDA's decision to authorize the use of the vaccine booster for 65+ and other at risk workers? It appears the decision is at odds with the CDC panel, but supported by the FDA. It's clear there isn't support for booster shots for the general population at FDA or CDC.

Politics certainly played a small part in the decision, but it's not like they are out offering something that the FDA didn't authorize or recommend.

Edit - Note that the CDC recommendation is that at risk groups like healthcare workers “may” receive a vaccination while for other groups it is “should”. They are not asking anyone in that category to get the shot, they are saying you may get it if you choose.

So I guess it's back to you to explain how an FDA panel looked at the data and made a decision to authorize and recommend "against the science".

I’ll post the link to the actual announcement:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ster-shot.html
    65+ I have no issue with. What I see is the issue is the panel did not want to go lower than 65 without pre existing conditions. Walensky decision goes against the panel and now advises people over 18 in high risk jobs should also get booster, even though the panel said the data wasn't there for that decision.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You said the CDC advises against getting vaccinated if under 65. You are wrong. The CDC recommends people under 65, and 12 and over get vaccinated. Stop spreading false information
    Can you read? BOOSTER....not vaccine.

No wonder you guys don't get it you can't even read.

65+ I have no issue with. What I see is the issue is the panel did not want to go lower than 65 without pre existing conditions. Walensky decision goes against the panel and now advises people over 18 in high risk jobs should also get booster, even though the panel said the data wasn't there for that decision.

Because you posted earlier that the CDC says if you're under 65 to not get vaccinated at all...as in go unvaccinated. That's not true and you need to own up to spreading false information

You never said booster in your original post. Stop spreading false information

So the CDC advisory panel, the one that usually follows the "science" advised against vaccines for under 65. Stating not enough DATA.

Walensky the director overruled their recommendations and authorized boosters for "occupational and institutional settings"

How's that science and not political?

This is why we can’t have nice things.

post #13891

So the CDC advisory panel, the one that usually follows the "science" advised against vaccines for under 65. Stating not enough DATA.

Walensky the director overruled their recommendations and authorized boosters for "occupational and institutional settings"

How's that science and not political

post #13901

- - - - -
    there is something not-healthy about this need to pursue the argument.

g'bye. tj

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Just because you don't know the identities of the people you're arguing with doesn't mean we don't.
    skidawgs a bit of a passive aggressive douche irl if that helps
    if ya ever go with the survivor crowd sourced and ban hammer enabled community clean up option
    id make my vote count
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What data are you talking about?

Skidog - What data? I haven't seen an actual statement from the panel about why they elected not to recommend vaccines for under 65 in high risk jobs other than that they thought it would be difficult to actually screen out who met the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Because you posted earlier that the CDC says if you're under 65 to not get vaccinated at all...as in go unvaccinated. That's not true and you need to own up to spreading false information
    You are correct and that was a mistype. My apologies and I have edited. Later in that same post was a quote referring to boosters so I thought that was clear, but I own the misplaced word. It was a mistake and all prior posts were booster was stated. I was not intentionally trying to do that.

Thank you for pointing it out. I don't want to spread "misinformation" at all.

Now, would you like to discuss walensky actual decision or wanna keep picking out shit? What do you say about the CDC director going against the panel in terms of under 65 BOOSTERS because they didn't think there was enough data for that decision yet. How does that jive with "follow the science"?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    What data are you talking about?
    Dude did you read any of the article all over the internet? I don't fucking know what data that's the quote the advisory panel used. They simply didn't think there was enough"data" to make a decision for under 65 BOOSTERS. Voted 9-6 against. Walensky ignored that and made her own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All reports so far say she sat in on all the ACIP discussions and understood why the votes were so close. It appears aligning with the previously announced FDA position was part of her objective. Not a big scandal but hey Fox will do what they can.

I assume skidog was thinking ‘booster’ when he typed ‘vaccine’?
    You are correct and I do apologize again. It's been corrected, but also preserved in quoted posts. Don't worry you'll be able to bring up that mistake over and over later...at least one guy understood my flub.

All this stuff is just too much self esteem.

You’ll never see me holding a sign about how my life matters. not taking shots because my opinion is better than the cdc. Trying to make some militia to take over the government. Organizing political movements entirely around me me me I’m important, around a series of “I wanna” and “I don’t wanna” personal feelings about life.

Such fucking pussies. Fucking pussies. Fuck you! Get your shots, do your part, don’t be a dick. You don’t matter, your opinions aren’t important, we all have to do things we don’t wanna…deal with it you god damn diaper babies.

Dude did you read any of the article all over the internet? I don't fucking know what data that's the quote the advisory panel used. They simply didn't think there was enough"data" to make a decision for under 65 BOOSTERS. Voted 9-6 against. Walensky ignored that and made her own decision.

I bet she considered it, not ignored it. Maybe she made the call based on the FDA stance and thought given the situation that it was better to err on the side of caution given that the vaccines are very safe and effective. Maybe there’s some nuance in the decision making process that doesn’t fit your narrative. At the end of the day it’s not going to harm anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

You’ll never see me holding a sign about how my life matters. not taking shots because my opinion is better than the cdc. Trying to make some militia to take over the government. Organizing political movements entirely around me me me I’m important, around a series of “I wanna” and “I don’t wanna” personal feelings about life.

Such fucking pussies. Fucking pussies. Fuck you! Get your shots, do your part, don’t be a dick. You don’t matter, your opinions aren’t important, we all have to do things we don’t wanna…deal with it you god damn diaper babies.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I bet she considered it, not ignored it. Maybe she made the call based on the FDA stance and thought given the situation that it was better to err on the side of caution given that the vaccines are very safe and effective. Maybe there’s some nuance in the decision making process that doesn’t fit your narrative. At the end of the day it’s not going to harm anyone.

That's where I'm at in this ..not going to harm and might help. Besides that, what point is trying to be made? That everyone should get a booster eventually if the FDA says some folks should now? Ok, sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

This. So much this.

If folks want to skip the bickering and cut to the chase this is the takeaway: 2-dose vaccines provide persistent protection from severe disease. The vaccines worked in areas with high vax rates. US cases are declining without boosters making boosters a personal choice.

When it comes to "following the science" there are two separate parallel paths: 1) immunology and 2) epidemiology:

The immunology science says for most there's little need for boosters. Antibodies waning is normal and memory B cells can make more. The epidemiology science shows we can use boosters to cut cases and transmission when the virus is highly prevalent. In other words, if we had higher vaccination rates we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

Yeah I didn’t see any booster mandate

QUIT FUCKING QUOTING THESE ASSHOLES. This thread previously had a bunch of great info but has devolved into a shit flinging wasteland. I blame those quoting and engaging with the jackasses as much as the morons themselves. Starve the trolls of the attention they never got from their parents and they’ll disappear or at least only occupy a few posts instead of pages of bullshit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My personal anti vax buddy said I was probably still alive now because I got fake saline shots.

It’s down to any mental gymnastics they can scrounge to keep from going and doing a 30 minute poke in the shoulder. Fuck ing puss ies.

I'm hoping we have some studies underway that give a measurement of reliability of seropositivity, or a titer, as a measure of protection. Seems to me that most of our data is based on PCR+ but if you have the right Ab assay and your test is to determine protection against severe illness and death then antibody based testing should lean toward lower sensitivity and higher specificity because if you have measurable Ab shouldn't there be good B/T response? But we need data and I don't see why we don't have that yet. I'd think that data probably is already in some datasets if it could be pulled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I guess about 30 people are planning on quitting at my work if they have to get vaccines.

Hopefully they are all above me in seniority.

Oh you like Jesus? He got nailed to the cross.

You like camo pants and the military? They line up and get all their shots.

You think this is fascism? You think the Governor is a dictator? They ask you to do the right thing. They say please. Fucking please. Puh leeeze.