Page 305 of 929 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhhhhockey33 View Post

you don’t get a shingles vaccine if you’ve had chickenpox…
    LULZ!
    Long Haul COVID much?

Nurses, docs, Healthcare workers get burnout from fucking morons who don't take care of themselves. Including people who refuse vaccination. Including people who think they know better after a quick Google search.
    It wastes so much time and energy that could go into caring for people that deserve better.

I'm stupider for reading this shit.

Fuck you, morons
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    for the luv of Dog quit quoting the morans
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This.

Please.

And well said Rev.
    This
    Please.
    Stop

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As mind numbing and wrong as RJ is, I view him or her as a proxy for all the misinformation that's out there because it's always orthodox and boilerplate. There's hardly any semblance of critical thinking. It rarely stands up to scrutiny. While RJ is undoubtedly a grifter and a con, it could be unwitting.
    I’m torn between this take and paid actor. He’s active for a week or two and then disappears for long periods. Could be hitting a quota to get the paycheck and then relaxing or it could be cycles of mental illness. Not sure I’d bet either way.

In the large, all RJ is about is selfishness. The skewed minutia, sophomoric sophistry and general deep pinchwad philosophy irrelevant.

Now, I'll admit, a little selfishness is good. It's like a seasoning.
    It's not the main course.

Virtually everyone else is referring to the common good.
    That is the essential difference.

FWIW, I'd dump my fucking mask in a New York minute if I thought it was a decent idea.

Bind faith? I admit to liking books.

Being lectured regarding my ignorance of the nature of the academic community is most, most amusing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

People didn’t want to mask in 1918 either. I don’t think anyone is arguing that generation is weak. https://crosscut.com/2020/07/mask-wa...8-flu-pandemic

When I first read about the mask resistance (this was probably 2013). I remember thinking, “well at least we won’t have to deal with THAT if there’s a pandemic. People aren’t that stupid / ignorant now”. Boy was I wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

betrayal of group norms
    Thanks; reading that was the first time the views of the vax resistant have made any kind of sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Fucking whiny ass bitches too soft
    Hell yes. This post should be stickyed.
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is an epic fail even by your high standards. Congrats!
    Stop fucking quoting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Haaa great couple pages. Where'd the morans go? They were so active, then poof, they gone!?!?
    They know theyre clueless. The other 2 brain cells say "your covers blown!!" and "run!!"

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Stop fucking quoting him.
    RJ seems like a Russian bot....or at least paid to post nonsense...mtu seems genuinely uninformed. I don't mind the latter.

Oh ya right, he will. He hearts sounding like a foo

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    No thanks.
    I understand that you believe the vaccines are without sufficient long-term safety data and that they haven't been fully evaluated. But when the vast majority of healthcare professionals, virologists, immunologists, and medical experts recommend vaccination (and have they themselves been opted for vaccination), a critically thinking individual would step back and consider the possibility that their conclusions were incorrect.

I understand that you find masks to be an uncomfortable nuisance (I live in TX, by the way, so unless you're from Makhachkala or Yevpatoria, you can take your bitching and go fuck yourself) with no demonstrable benefit other than social compliance. Many things in life fall into this category (dress shoes, shaving/wearing a beard, neck ties, and (according to what I've been told) innumerable feminine customs); where is your indignation for these irritations? Regardless, I'm glad to learn your refusal to mask and insistence on shitting all over scores of pages of this previously-beneficial thread stems entirely from the fact that wearing a mask is slightly less than pleasant.

Ironically, if we had 100% mask compliance (followed by 100% vaccine compliance) no infant would be deprived a diversity of human interaction for over a year, let alone 2+. I also don't know what would happen if they were? But masks were recommended for two years during the 1918 Flu Pandemic, it seems those kids turned out pretty alright. Hell, they even got a cool nickname.

But now I know you're absolutely fucking shitting me. You think everyone wearing a mask over their nose and mouth during a global pandemic is a dystopia?! If you think that's dystopian, you'll never have to worry about making it through Room 101, you'll turn Party at the first investigation.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 08-02-2021 at 02:39 AM.

WRT vaccinated people don't transmit the virus at the same rate because they are considerably less likely to be infected in the first place:

The CDC also provided slides showing an 8X reduction in incidence and 25X reduction in hospitalization and death vs unvaccinated.

There's also a new study from Singapore showing not only do vaccines stop people from getting sick with Delta, but also clear viral loads MUCH faster. Even though breakthrough infections have similar viral loads at onset, they decline rapidly. So vaccinated breakthroughs should contribute less to spread than unvaccinated because they are infectious for a shorter amount of time.

There's local data too. In places like San Diego county where infections by vaccination status are tracked, fully vaccinated folks are 8X less likely to become infected by delta.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    appreciate the post
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    RJ seems like a Russian bot....or at least paid to post nonsense...mtu seems genuinely uninformed. I don't mind the latter.
    It’s one thing to be misinformed/uninformed- but it’s another thing to, on top of that, believe you know and understand inherently what very smart top of their class people had to go to university for many years to learn.

Like mtu seems to believe he has a MD level understanding of vaccines…which he quite clearly doesn’t.

That level of hubris is fascinating to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It’s one thing to be misinformed/uninformed- but it’s another thing to, on top of that, believe you know and understand inherently what very smart top of their class people had to go to university for many years to learn.

Like mtu seems to believe he has a MD level understanding of vaccines…which he quite clearly doesn’t.

That level of hubris is fascinating to witness.
    I’d love to be the fly on the wall when he brings his newborn to the Dr and they list off all those vaccines that are recommended.

Will he refuse them all or only the chickenpox since tough guy had it so can his kid?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Haaa great couple pages. Where'd the morans go? They were so active, then poof, they gone!?!?
    They know theyre clueless. The other 2 brain cells say "your covers blown!!" and "run!!"

After I put a handful of those maroons on ignore, it made this thread so much more informative. I went back and re-read the past several days and it’s like a whole different thread.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Based solely on his posts, there appears to be agreement mtu isn’t the brightest light on the tree, but that’s no crime. He seems earnest enough and I think he reproduces some the common confusions out there in the real world.

Hard to get a read on RJ. He recently posted that ‘idiots’ who wear masks driving a car alone somehow are ‘in’ the group here of people who recognize the value of the vaccine. Apparently he didn’t remember the simple explanation several times in these threads that when people were running multiple errands, and had a comfortable mask, it was easier to leave it on.

Public forums are messy. I’m fine with that. Just hope the mags here with actual medical backgrounds continue to post useful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    You think everyone wearing a mask over their nose and mouth during a global pandemic is a dystopia?! If you think that's dystopian, you'll never have to worry about making it through Room 101, you'll turn Party at the first investigation.
    Excellent reference, but I don't think he's read Orwell
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Few stories.

Billiard playing friend, anti-vaxxer, deceased.
    20 you kid, unvaccinated, vaped for the last year, deceased Friday.
    Guy in our church, big fellow, 6'11", anti vaxxer, wife w/ 5 kids (3 adopted), moved to ICU this am in critical condition. D-variant.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    After I put a handful of those maroons on ignore, it made this thread so much more informative. I went back and re-read the past several days and it’s like a whole different thread.
    This. The thread is just *way* less moranic without about 4 twat-waffles' blather.

Why are so many Republicans refusing vaccination? Because Russia is telling them to | COMMENTARY
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...ifm-story.html

Among those with something to gain is the Russian government, which is diligently working to undermine confidence in the vaccines as part of its goal of destabilizing American society. It has been spreading misinformation for years on a host of other virus-related topics, including flu and Ebola. From there, it’s a short hop to having their message amplified by conspiracy-embracing, right-wing media, whether witting or not, and by the soulless churn of algorithms on social media.

And it doesn’t take many people amplifying a false message to have an outsized effect. According to a recent PBS story, 65% of the anti-vaccine propaganda on Twitter was due to just 12 people, some of whom are profiting from the creation of bogus skepticism through the promotion of alternative treatments and cures.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Among those with something to gain is the Russian government, which is diligently working to undermine confidence in the vaccines as part of its goal of destabilizing American society.
    They're probably shocked at how easy it's been.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    They're probably shocked at how easy it's been.
    To be fair, they put in a lot of leg work on this throughout the cold war. They're probably just thrilled to see it finally paying off.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Few stories.

Guy in our church, big fellow, 6'11", anti vaxxer, wife w/ 5 kids (3 adopted), moved to ICU this am in critical condition. D-variant.
    i’m sorry, tnken
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Few stories.

This must be playing out all over America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know