Page 187 of 929 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    do you change your underwear often? Do you wash them before wearing them again?

this isn't rocket science.
    Dirty mask ? Man. like ass zits it did look kinda like that. On a lighter note she was to fat to be wearing those skin tight yoga pants. But that was none of my business.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I have to agree. That is some media outlet fomenting outrage with numbers. 50% of what? Pretty much nothing, right?
    The number didn't go from 2 to 3. I can't find any kind of breakout based on date of infection, but here's Oregon's weekly data report:
    https://www.oregon.gov/oha/covid19/D...-19-Report.pdf

If you look at the demographics data on p. 19, as of this report a total of 1,340 people in Oregon between the age of 20 and 39 had been hospitalized due to COVID-19, or about 13% of the total number of hospitalizations. That's not a massive number, but it's substantial. There are young people being seriously affected, and that number is climbing. It's not "fomenting outrage with numbers."

I haven't been following Oregon too closely but California newspapers claiming Washington is getting "walloped" strikes me as click bait. Just checked WA DOH covid dashboard and it appears we have peaked here in WA. Due to exponential decay, give it a week or two and the numbers will be dramatically lower. Looking at Washington and Oregon compared to all the other states and they are currently middle of the pack. And since Washington and Oregon have fared better than most other states overall, the states are both ripe for infection as people let their guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I haven't been following Oregon too closely but California newspapers claiming Washington is getting "walloped" strikes me as click bait. Just checked WA DOH covid dashboard and it appears we have peaked here in WA. Due to exponential decay, give it a week or two and the numbers will be dramatically lower. Looking at Washington and Oregon compared to all the other states and they are currently middle of the pack.
    In this case the "walloping" is more from our previously low numbers than that the numbers are all that high right now. The overall numbers in the U.S. are now going down, but we're going up here in the northwest corner. I agree, or I'm hopeful anyway, that we'll be starting to go back down soon if we haven't started to already.

Maskne is a thing.

Don’t hate
    . . .

Maybe Clearasil should come out with a benzoyl peroxide impregnated mask.

I haven't been following Oregon too closely but California newspapers claiming Washington is getting "walloped" strikes me as click bait. Just checked WA DOH covid dashboard and it appears we have peaked here in WA. Due to exponential decay, give it a week or two and the numbers will be dramatically lower. Looking at Washington and Oregon compared to all the other states and they are currently middle of the pack. And since Washington and Oregon have fared better than most other states overall, the states are both ripe for infection as people let their guard down.
    About half the population in OR is now under “extreme” conditions, including my county (Deschutes). Indoor dining and retail occupancy is at 25% of capacity.

One of the people in our MTB crew sez she isn’t getting the vax, because she doesn’t think we all understand the side effects well enough.
    Of course she hasn’t vaccinated her kids for MMR either, because the vaccine can cause autism.
    She has no problem dosing ‘shrooms though
    She is a middle school (history & social studies) teacher in our little town
    I suggested she do a unit on the history of epidemics including death rates before/after vaccines were developed. No interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The number didn't go from 2 to 3. I can't find any kind of breakout based on date of infection, but here's Oregon's weekly data report:
    https://www.oregon.gov/oha/covid19/D...-19-Report.pdf

If you look at the demographics data on p. 19, as of this report a total of 1,340 people in Oregon between the age of 20 and 39 had been hospitalized due to COVID-19, or about 13% of the total number of hospitalizations. That's not a massive number, but it's substantial. There are young people being seriously affected, and that number is climbing. It's not "fomenting outrage with numbers."
    I was down in Umatilla county today on a feed store run. Mask wearing was hit and miss with no social distancing. Not hard to understand why they are being moved back a phase
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Benton-Franklin is struggling.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Pretty cool video article on Pfizer c19 vaccine creation, production, and distribution.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-vaccine.html

By legitimate proof, you mean a copy of your vaccine medical record provided by the parent? Why can't people forge that just like the CDC COVID card? I have only filled out proof of vaccine for school forms for private preschools, so maybe that will be different once my kids hit kindergarten.
    Does the CDC or each state department of health keep track of who has had the COVID vaccine? Even if so, you know there are going to be mistakes in the record keeping process when they are vaccinating thousands of people a day in football stadiums. I think the priority should be to vaccinate as many people as we can as quickly as we can, with a secondary priority of keeping accurate records of who has received the vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    For the record. Received Dolly Parton's second pinch of life (modeRNA #2) yesterday. Sore arm so far.

Now that I'm about to join CDC's anointed cohort of the fully vaxxed...
    Any reports on infection rates among the vaxxed?
    Any reports on outcomes for vaxxed people who become infected? death, or hospitalization, etc?

You'll excuse me for wanting to see data before trusting the CDC when they say it's safe to party with other vaxxed people. CDC being the failed world leader in controlling diseases. Also the org that told us we don't need masks, covid primarily spreads via surfaces, still doesn't recommend n95s, etc.
    Well if the vax doesn't work to prevent covid at least you can enjoy fondling your enormous tits.
    I haven't seen anything in the lay press about post vaccination case rates. They happen, the numbers are small, the real numbers are certainly higher because most vaxxed people aren't going to get themselves tested unless they're pretty sick. I think they're telling vaxxed people they don't have to be tested or quarantined if exposed. There have been hospitalizations and deaths--but again real numbers haven't made it into the lay press that I've seen.

I continue to have great respect for the CDC. The early advice about masks not being necessary was certainly ill-advised, corrected, and blame accepted. There still aren't enough N95's for HCW's to recommend them for the public, they need to be fitted to get the benefit, and very few people would be willing to wear them if they were widely available.
    The initial idea that spread was by droplets and not aerosols came from China and was echoed by the WHO. The CDC's initial guidance was based on that. I haven't been a big fan of the WHO for a long time--I seem them as an organization that pontificates while others do the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Benton-Franklin is struggling.
    So is Spokane. We'll be going back to Phase 2 come Monday. 56% of all cases are in people <40 and climbing.

Weird to hear about what's going on in WA and OR compared to MT. I guess maybe we should expect another spike.

Michigan now has more Covid hospitalizations from those under 40 than those over 80. Says a lot about the efficacy of vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Michigan now has more Covid hospitalizations from those under 40 than those over 80. Says a lot about the efficacy of vaccinations.
    Although, sadly to say, it already made the rounds with the older generation.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Weird to hear about what's going on in WA and OR compared to MT. I guess maybe we should expect another spike.
    For the entire pandemic, Washington ranks 46 is cases per million people. Oregon is 48, with only Vermont and Hawaii doing better. So less people have had COVID in Oregon and Washington than just about anywhere else in the entire US. Compare that to Montana, which ranks 26. So I doubt Montana will see a spike since more people have had COVID there than Oregon and Washington, plus people getting vaccinated.

Washington's 14 days change is 3%, Montana is flat, and Oregon is 29%. It's not surprising Oregon is seeing an increase since so many people have not had COVID there. But it is all relative. Even with the 29% increase in Oregon, 12 other states are worse off at this moment. It's funny Oregon is getting all this press about being a COVID hot spot when Colorado is number 2 in the nation right now (behind only Michigan), way worse than Oregon (31 per 100,000 vs 19 in Oregon).

For the entire pandemic, Washington ranks 46 is cases per million people. Oregon is 48, with only Vermont and Hawaii doing better. So less people have had COVID in Oregon and Washington than just about anywhere else in the entire US. Compare that to Montana, which ranks 26. So I doubt Montana will see a spike since more people have had COVID there than Oregon and Washington, plus people getting vaccinated.

Washington's 14 days change is 3%, Montana is flat, and Oregon is 29%. It's not surprising Oregon is seeing an increase since so many people have not had COVID there. But it is all relative. Even with the 29% increase in Oregon, 12 other states are worse off at this moment. It's funny Oregon is getting all this press about being a COVID hot spot when Colorado is number 2 in the nation right now (behind only Michigan), way worse than Oregon (31 per 100,000 vs 19 in Oregon).
    and Oregon announced they plan to fully open by the end of June. Bizarre given what they say is happening now on May 1.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    It was initially the old people getting hit by covid which is why they started vaxing the oldsters first

but I believe the Variants are now hitting younger people and they are also way more contagious ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thanks. Not enough data in that report. It is interesting that 7% of the infected vaxxed get hospitalized, and 1.3% die - that's about the same as for the non-vaxxed infected. If those numbers are correct, vaccination reduces infection chances, but doesn't help much once infected (contrary to the standard message).

The CDC ought to be tracking and looking for cases in the vaxxed. How else are they to set policy for those vaxxed? Flying blind.... not a good plan.

To do this somewhat correctly requires more data than armchair calculating. Need a bunch of raw data to extract similar vaxxed and unvaxxed populations to compare. E.g. I imagine the vaxxed are skewed toward old age, risky jobs, and wealth. If we're not testing the vaxxed, that's going to skew results too. Maybe they are tested on hospitalization and use hospitalization as a proxy for infection?

That article says vax 80% effective at preventing infection. Though if we aren't testing the vaxxed, surely protection is less. Two other places I've seen numbers around 66%, but they were also articles removed from the sources/data. Ofc, the EUAs said 95%. (EUA subjects didn't know they were vaxxed, so would behave differently than one who knows)

Seems like anything that counters the "get vaxxed" narrative gets squelched. The narrative is great, but I also want some idea what my risks are when I leave my bubble.

Anybody seen anything better? Basically, if I travel 400 miles to hangout indoors with ten vaxxed people for 7 days, what's my chance of infection? For the unvaxxed, I can say:
    community rate is 5/100k/day * 4x undercount * 5 days infectious period * 10 people =
    1% chance one of us brought the 'rona
    And indoors for long time we're all going to catch it if it's there. (although... now that part of the population is vaxxed and somewhat resistant, it's actually a little higher risk for the unvaxxed)

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    It was initialy the old people getting hit by covid which is why they were vaxing the oldsters first but I believe the Varinents are now hitting younger people ?

In Prince Rupert (pop 12000) they vaxed 85% of the town as fast as they could which had a huge effect on lowering cases, is that kind of action gona happen down there or anywhere ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

US national hesitancy map (March survey)
    https://data.cdc.gov/stories/s/cnd2-a6zw

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    US national hesitancy map (March survey)
    https://data.cdc.gov/stories/s/cnd2-a6zw
    Where is upstate NY on that map?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    most vaxxed people aren't going to get themselves tested unless they're pretty sick. I think they're telling vaxxed people they don't have to be tested or quarantined if exposed.
    Around here vaccinated people are getting tested due to exposure to the sick unvaccinated. And those unvaccinated have precious few reasons not to have had at least one shot at this point. I'm watching a particularity egregious example unfold as I type.

Just sucks to see states sliding backwards into more restrictive phases at this point. I thought we were past that. Won't happen in Montana regardless, with all the laws our R legislature just passed tying the hands of county health officials to impose or enforce anything. Pretty much all restrictions have been lifted and I can't see us going backwards no matter how many cases there are. Half the population has at least one dose so hopefully that will help, although its sure to plateau soon. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Around here vaccinated people are getting tested due to exposure to the sick unvaccinated. And those unvaccinated have precious few reasons not to have had at least one shot at this point. I'm watching a particularity egregious example unfold as I type.
    I hate to assume the worst about people, but don't you get the feeling a lot of the refuseniks are acting out of spite?