Page 153 of 929 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 23206
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I guess there's also a mass vax site at the fairgrounds in Monroe, so that might be another option with slightly more availability than King Co.

edit: just saw there are quite a few appointments available tomorrow at the Arlington airport site. Use this site to search: https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov/clinic/search
    (and Ted beat me to it. See below)
    thanks AD and Ted Striker! that's a handy link!

Ivanka got vaxxed today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	371673

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Ivanka got vaxxed today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	371673

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    The “working person” T-shirt can’t hide the $300 fancy bra

Poseur
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The “working person” T-shirt can’t hide the $300 fancy bra

Poseur
    She's hot. I'd vax her.

OKAY. Some science and news skepticism.

"A study by researchers at the University of Oxford has found that the risk of developing rare blood clots is eight to 10 times higher in people with COVID-19 than in those who have been vaccinated. ... blood clots, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, occurred in 39 out of one million patients with COVID-19. That compares with five in one million for people who received the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and four in one million for those who got the Pfizer-BioNTech shot."

Your chances of getting the vaccine are 100% if you get vaccinated. Your chances of actually getting covid are a lot less.

Adjusted for risk of getting covid PLUS getting blood clots, what is the comparable risk?

Bonus for anyone that know actual incidence of blood clots vs reported in vaccinated group.

Just wondering since I just registered for our local government mass immunology serum injection experiment.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    She's hot. I'd vax her.

OKAY. Some science and news skepticism.

"A study by researchers at the University of Oxford has found that the risk of developing rare blood clots is eight to 10 times higher in people with COVID-19 than in those who have been vaccinated. ... blood clots, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, occurred in 39 out of one million patients with COVID-19. That compares with five in one million for people who received the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and four in one million for those who got the Pfizer-BioNTech shot."

Your chances of getting the vaccine are 100% if you get vaccinated. Your chances of actually getting covid are a lot less.

Adjusted for risk of getting covid PLUS getting blood clots, what is the comparable risk?

Bonus for anyone that know actual incidence of blood clots vs reported in vaccinated group.

Just wondering since I just registered for our local government mass immunology serum injection experiment.
    you forgot you also need the actual incidence of blood clots vs reported in covid19 group

funny how you keep leaving that part out

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Plan on annual boosters through EOL. Gotta keep up with 6 and 7g.
    I've been thinking this is the plan while the anti-vaxxers gradually get the disease "naturally".

Friend at Kaiser just told me they're gearing up for a spike in hospitalizations...maybe some Easter hangover?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I've got to say I'm not really going to feel any compassion whatsoever for all the people who get sick and die from COVID after choosing not to get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    you forgot you also need the actual incidence of blood clots vs reported in covid19 group

funny how you keep leaving that part out
    Well ya. Of course!! But that's organic clots. Isn't organic all the rage?
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Just got Pfizer #2. I wonder if BC BS will send me another $35?

I must have gotten another fucking placebo. Cell coverage sucked at the vaccine clinic. Pfizer #2 is in the arm. I am hungry fro brainuz!

24 hours after Pfizer #2; feeling really groggy, like I have a bad cold without any congestion. My whole body feels weak. Beats getting Covid, though.

Your chances of getting the vaccine are 100% if you get vaccinated.
    source?

FC, I was super groggy the day after Pfizer #2 but felt 110% after sleeping 9 hrs that night.

Mrs. Seano got Moderna #2 yesterday and is currently in bed, saying she feels like she got hit by a truck......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

From everything I've read and heard, sounds like the Moderna vaccine has more intense side effects. Happy to have had Pfizer, I guess. Mine were pretty minimal; a little soreness, groggy for a day and a half. Not much else, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I've been thinking this is the plan while the anti-vaxxers gradually get the disease "naturally".

Friend at Kaiser just told me they're gearing up for a spike in hospitalizations...maybe some Easter hangover?
    ... you mean: “while the anti-vaxxers gradually get the disease ‘naturally’ over and over again.”

Pfizer #2 had me happily on the couch today. Woke up with body aches and fuck my arm was sore. Big fat nap this afternoon and feeling better.

Yeah, I’m with the AD on lowering level of empathy for people who get rolled by covid after passing on the vax. Get your own herd immunity bitch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The 16yo daughter is vaccinated now as well with Pfizer #2.
    Family is good to go and it’s a large relief.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Heard that pfizer says a thirst booster will be needed at 1 year. Is that for variants, better long term immunity or just to sell more vaccines?

Heard that pfizer says a thirst booster will be needed at 1 year. Is that for variants, better long term immunity or just to sell more vaccines?
    all of the above

Borla, Pfizer CEO:

“We need to see what would be the sequence, and for how often we need to do that, that remains to be seen,” he told CNBC’s Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health. “A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role.”

When things get really loose I have thoughts of getting Moderna #2 to compliment my 2 Pfizer jabs. I'll be ready for 6G at that point.

A little story. True story. Relative. Vaccinated at 90 years old. Pfizer. Went to visit family for a bday. Granddaughter gave it to him fully 13 days after he got the shot. But he only got mildly sick. Pretty much completely over it in 3 days. Can't imagine what could have happened without the vaccine. Of course, they also would not have visited the BDay get together if it wasn't for the vaccine.
    Last edited by puregravity; 04-15-2021 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling

A little story. True story. Relative. Vaccinated at 90 years old. Pfizer. Went to visit family for a bday. Granddaughter gave it to him fully 13 days after he got the shot. But he only gold mildly sick. Pretty much completely over it in 3 days. Can't imagine what could have happened without the vaccine. Of course, they also would not have visited the BDay get together if it wasn't for the vaccine.
    Holy shit!!!!!! Glad that ended that way and not anything worse.

There's two issues with the idea of a booster--will the immunity of the original shot(s) wear off over time? The only way to know that is to follow antibody levels and also look for a surge in cases among the vaccinated with genotypes for which the vaccine is effective. And will people require a new vaccine for the variants--and the only way to tell that is to watch for cases in the vaccine with new genotypes. At this point they don't know what variant or variants to make a booster for, if it is needed. And of course a lot will depend on whether enough people get vaccinated to keep the generation of variants to a minimum, which seems unlikely. It's all speculative at this point.

Apparently the US has 300M extra doses contracted for--presumably for boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    ... you mean: “while the anti-vaxxers gradually get the disease ‘naturally’ over and over again.”
    You're right. Thank you...although your correction makes me depressed. we're never getting out of this are we?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I suspect boosters will have a variety of mRNA sequences with variations to cover variants.

Excited to see this applied to flu... they are working on this now...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I suspect boosters will have a variety of mRNA sequences with variations to cover variants.

Excited to see this applied to flu... they are working on this now...
    I have a feeling what is learned from this is ultimately going to be transformative. The question is how long it will take to get there.