Page 110 of 929 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is this really the place to relate your masturbatory woes?
    It's the beauty of anonymity so, yes, this would be the place to complain...

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Antibodies /= T-cell immunity. Antibodies fade until you need more, then the T-cells get that going. Someone else can describe that better, but it's been discussed ad nauseam: fading antibodies are normal and not a cause for concern about long-term immunity.
    Wait, wait, wait.... Why aren't you skiing today? I thought you were going to chew on what's left of yesterday's storm and sunshine today. If I weren't here at work, I sure as hell wouldn't be on TGR. Go get sum!

Gunna get me some Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Wait, wait, wait.... Why aren't you skiing today? I thought you were going to chew on what's left of yesterday's storm and sunshine today. If I weren't here at work, I sure as hell wouldn't be on TGR. Go get sum!
    On my way just now, better late than never. Stupid work first...

MT mags, Yellowstone County just opened it up to everyone. I think Missoula will be hot on their heels any minute now.

I guess I just need to remain relaxed as we have been working from home for a year, healthy, and not old age...but I sure get anxious\jealous of all the reports of states opening up and all the reports of folks here getting the vax. I am on a few wait lists for no waste. Congrats to those who've secured.

Hang in there or just make a drive and get it done.

Tonight makes 2 weeks for the wife and I since dose 1.

Unitypoint here in Cedar Rapids kept track of their employees after they were vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna. The numbers aren't really detailed in the article but two weeks out from shot 1 new cases among vaccinated workers slowed to a trickle and after 4 weeks they mostly stopped.

So I am feeling better but we are definitely trying not to change our covid behavior beyond letting go of some of the anxiety that comes with being around people at work or when using a public restroom.

Article is March 5 so a bit dated. I read it again for myself on my 2wkversary so thought I'd share for others who want to feel overconfident in their antibodies.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/n...apids-20210301

"Though the COVID-19 vaccine rollout is making its way into the community slowly so far, the effects of the inoculations seem to already be having a local impact on the spread of the virus.
    In the two months since front-line health care workers began receiving the vaccine, UnityPoint Health-Cedar Rapids officials say they are seeing a reduction of the number of new cases among their staff.
    Health system officials say data they’ve collected shows a distinct difference in infection rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated team members as soon as two weeks after the first doses were administered to health care workers.
    By the third and fourth weeks, infections “reached a near zero rate of increase” among vaccinated staff, officials said. Meanwhile, positive COVID-19 cases among unvaccinated staff continued to climb.
    “Over time, you see that the farther along we get, very few of the COVID cases are in the vaccinated group,” said Dr. Ignatius Brady, a UnityPoint Health physician who studied the data.
    The data studies 4,075 health care workers in Cedar Rapids and Anamosa between Dec. 15 and Feb. 5. In that time, over 3,100 staff received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine either from Pfizer or Moderna."

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post

Addiction isn’t a disease. Shitty thinking is the disease. Just like the shitty thinking about this vaccine. It doesn’t make anyone immune. You can still carry the virus. It’s like half wiping your ass. Better off not smearing it around.
    Are you an idiot? Because when you post shit like this it makes you look like a fucking idiot. Consider this my PSA for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Have we successfully eradicated any disease other than smallpox?
    thanks. Eradicate is not the right word. How about getting it under "control" without going in for an annual booster? Like what we have now with measles, and yes, I know, the ant-vaxers are fucking that up too.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Just got Pfizer shot in Grand Junction. Wish it came with a Trump 2020 flag to burn

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    <snip> Wish it came with a Trump 2020 flag to burn
    I think you can get those pretty cheap these days.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think you can get those pretty cheap these days.
    Nah I want a used one. Tired of seeing them still flying out here

https://krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

Getcha free donuts, one every day.

Let’s replace the Covid pandemic with the Diabeetus Pandemic!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    America! Fuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There already is a diabetes epidemic in this country.

Wife got Pfizer #2 yesterday. She's fine today, arm kinda sore. Also she may be a little crankier than normal but honestly it's a matter of degrees and hard to really tell.

Though I would share. I saw the VA routine for shots today. They schedule in advance and it looks like they have next day slots available. You have to go through the normal covid-19 screening to get in. Go go to a table where a dude with clip boards and paper work greets you. There's no line. A medical person comes out takes the clip board and walks you back. The is no wait. 10 ish minutes later they bring you back out. You have a piece of tape on your shirt with a time stamp. You sit 15 minutes and then you can leave.
    There was never a line while I was there. There were always 15 - 20 people sitting around for the 15 minutes wait. I would guess they are doing about 100 per hour 8 till 4
    Some must have been getting shots before because they were asking if first or second shot.
    Your second shot Goes into the appointment system the same time they booked for the first
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

So did you partake?

SoVT Joey I hope you keep an eye to the vaccine and mainstream science. I took it and I feel better then I have in a year. Good on you for quiting the smack. To me that is huge. No way I'd dice the onion over your use of weeds or how you want to define clean and sober.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-23-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Talked to a kid on the the college swim team today. He’s CC all-America. The 2nd moderna dose hit him hard too

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Though I would share. I saw the VA routine for shots today. They schedule in advance and it looks like they have next day slots available. You have to go through the normal covid-19 screening to get in. Go go to a table where a dude with clip boards and paper work greets you. There's no line. A medical person comes out takes the clip board and walks you back. The is no wait. 10 ish minutes later they bring you back out. You have a piece of tape on your shirt with a time stamp. You sit 15 minutes and then you can leave.
    There was never a line while I was there. There were always 15 - 20 people sitting around for the 15 minutes wait. I would guess they are doing about 100 per hour 8 till 4
    Some must have been getting shots before because they were asking if first or second shot.
    Your second shot Goes into the appointment system the same time they booked for the first

That's exactly how they do it at Seward Community Health Center...Even down to the tape and same appointment times.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    My Father was at the local VA yesterday for his first round. They had called him a few months ago- Jan asking if he wanted it then, he waited but finally agreed.

Moderna #1 on Monday.

Felt a bit off last night like a cold was setting in. Didn’t sleep well but felt fine this morning. By the end of the work day today I was feeling pretty rotten and it’s kicking my butt tonight. Feverish and really run down. Some GI issues as well.

At least I know it is doing something

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    So did you partake?

I am going back tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. I was half surprised they didn't just do it while I was there. But they are booking up pretty fast.

I am 60 and have type 2
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Awesome. Let us know how it goes.

Any J&J Receivers have any comments on side affects? Vaccines generally hit my wife pretty hard and she’d rather not go through it twice.