Page 102 of 929 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And what exactly did we vote for?
    I voted no fucking way Culp is qualified to be governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So, yay, got my shot...
    and BOO, got a $150 ticket.
    total sucker zone outside of Pinedale where you can *almost* see the 70mph sign, but you are still in a 55.
    whoops.
    Chick cop was cool though, we laughed and stuff. She gave me a $25 ‘discount’ for wearing my seatbelt.
    Could have been worse I guess.
    She could have found my two Colorado Candies...

Oh, FWIW, they (Wal-Mart, Rock Springs) were accepting anybody from any state for shots, no restrictions.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Nice Rideit! Sucks on the ticket, I know that zone well! They almost got me there after a few pops at the brewery. Got my second pfizer shot on Thursday, Friday afternoon to Saturday morning was rough, sore arm, fever, chills. I feel much better today but my lymph node under my arm (same side as the shot) is still way swollen.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Just heard my 40something daughter and her husband got appointments here is WA. That's all I know.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    LMAO!

That is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I voted for Shames Mountain Ski.

Microsoft announced that the rollout of a new vaccination management program after blowing it the last time which IMO is the norm. It's how my SIL makes a living. We'll need it for boosters to ward off the variants that the maskholes are producing.

https://www.crn.com/news/cloud/micro...ith-prior-tool
    My man! Thanks. So congrats all you folks south of the 49th. We are looking at May/June to get ours and then 4 months after that for the second shot. US is sending us a few million astra zeneca doses that are going to expire soon so we should see a spike in fatal strokes but hey, as long as it's not me...
    (Sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I blame the fact that they went to Texas A&M & Western (Bham).
    The craziest person I know is a prof at Western.

That South Park clip is exactly what it's like around here.

MS Vax 2.0?
    DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) had a Vax (mini computer line) back in the 70's and 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    That is hilarious
    I'll admit, I suspected it was more trolling but yeah that shit was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, yay, got my shot...
    and BOO, got a $150 ticket.
    total sucker zone outside of Pinedale where you can *almost* see the 70mph sign, but you are still in a 55.
    whoops.
    Chick cop was cool though, we laughed and stuff. She gave me a $25 ‘discount’ for wearing my seatbelt.
    Could have been worse I guess.
    She could have found my two Colorado Candies...

Oh, FWIW, they (Wal-Mart, Rock Springs) were accepting anybody from any state for shots, no restrictions.
    Yeah, I got nabbed doing 71 in a 55 right outside pinedale years ago. When they gave me the $22 ticket I almost asked if the cops wanted to do it again a mile down the road.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just got my first dose! Sitting in the pharmacy waiting for any allergic reactions now. Thanks to the mags that reached out with help navigating the cluster of getting an appointment, you guys rock

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    How you feeling? Curious about the J&J.
    Felt slight chills and achy about 4 hours after. Took a couple ibuprofen and felt better. Woke up day after with a 101 fever, but that went away after a couple of hours That was about it. My buddy got his J&J at the same time, he said slight headache was all he got.

Wife had first dose of Moderna Saturday. Sore arm that night but the next day was feeling good enough to do 2 hours of resort skiing and then 13 km of skate skiing (kicking my butt in the process).

Re: those who won't or don't care about getting jabbed:

Christ o'mighty... just talked to relatives in TX (pair of brothers who are sweet but basically dumb & dumber. 57 & 52). The one who lives there is going to take his chances w/out getting vaxxed (he's got Jesus on his side) the other is on his way to Columbia (the country) sans vax just because he feels like going. He's a bit of a hobo. He's got no plan for what he's going to do when he gets there, just gonna hang somewhere. He's not a hotel or even a motel type so probably on the side of the road somewhere. Guy has been know to ride his motorcycle across the US sleeping under a tarp pulled over his bike on the shoulder of the road. Not kidding. I blame the fact that they went to Texas A&M & Western (Bham).

MS Vax 2.0?
    Taking off cross country on a bike. It's called feeling very free and very alive. Sounds like your brother is pretty cool. As for the vax. It's not a stretch to see the vaccine as a bigger risk to your long term health than catching the virus. I will get it but cannot just label everyone who chooses not to a stupid.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

My moderna 2nd dose experience was rough. I got it Saturday at 5pm, and felt fine yesterday morning, but as we loaded up the trucks to go skiing, it was setting in that I did not feel ok. I managed to ski most of the day at snowbasin, but by 5pm, was feeling NOT GOOD. by the time we got home at 7pm, I was in rough shape. Fever 102, chills, aches, headache, I went straight to bed and tossed and turned all night sweating... Finally fever broke, and this morning, I am still hungry and tired, but so much better than last night.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The craziest person I know is a prof at Western.
    You know my wife? (Western Colorado)
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    T As for the vax. It's not a stretch to see the vaccine as a bigger risk to your long term health than catching the virus.
    sure, unless you consider evidence in your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Root...I have the same feeling about grabbing one of those shot openings for the weekend if they are still available Friday afternoon.

My moral way around the waiting was to sign up my wife to the Friday standby list. She's a little over 10 years out from her cancer treatments, so not technically 1b. But if they get a cancel, I'm sending her in.
    Some of the Missoula screeners say "Cancer (currently or in remission)" is a qualifier, so I hope she got it or at least is signed up before the free-for-all starts next week!

I also find it encouraging now that exactly 1/3 of eligible people here have received at least one poke.

Missoula County
    Total Doses Administered: 50,330
    Dose #1 Administered: 33,384
    Fully Immunized: 16,946
    Doses per 1,000 people: 504.2
    Eligible Population to be Vaccinated: 99,813

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Some of the Missoula screeners say "Cancer (currently or in remission)" is a qualifier, so I hope she got it or at least is signed up before the free-for-all starts next week!
    Thanks, your info last week helped us to dig deeper. She is getting her shot on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Taking off cross country on a bike. It's called feeling very free and very alive. Sounds like your brother is pretty cool. As for the vax. It's not a stretch to see the vaccine as a bigger risk to your long term health than catching the virus. I will get it but cannot just label everyone who chooses not to a stupid.
    I’ll say it. Zero chance I’m getting the vaccine. It’s not because of tin foil or anything else. It’s simply that I don’t believe it’s necessary and that my body is strong enough. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe not. But I I woke up for seven years plowing a needle into my vein and I didn’t die. I took my chances with heroin and won. Covid is like taking a ride on a Ferris wheel comparatively.

The problem with that is that the whole idea is to protect everyone around you, not just you. So well you may think you are strong enough, what about the people you interact with?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The problem with that is that the whole idea is to protect everyone around you, not just you. So well you may think you are strong enough, what about the people you interact with?
    Exactly! Smallpox and polio were eradicated by every one getting vaccinated, not just the ones who didnt think they were tough enough.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

No. The point of the world is not to take care of everyone else unfortunately. It’s to take care of myself and my loved ones. If you feel you are at risk you should mitigate those risks by taking steps like wearing a mask and not frequenting places that make you uncomfortable but there is zero chance that I’m going to breath through a clothe so that sally fat ass can continue to be fat.

My buddy literally qualified yesterday because he has a BMI of 41. Another qualified because they are “native”. My mom cant qualify though cause she turns 65 next week.

Like I just said. If you are worried you can take your precautions but don’t infringe on my freedoms and tell me how to live because you aren’t healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I’ll say it. Zero chance I’m getting the vaccine. It’s not because of tin foil or anything else. It’s simply that I don’t believe it’s necessary and that my body is strong enough. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe not. But I I woke up for seven years plowing a needle into my vein and I didn’t die. I took my chances with heroin and won. Covid is like taking a ride on a Ferris wheel comparatively.
    Not statistically. Drug overdose deaths last year surged to 72,000. Covid deaths in one year = 550,000. One hell of a ferris wheel ride... Besides, it's not just about you, it's about those you're around who you could spread it to as well. The idea is to build enough immunity in the community to disallow any receptive host bodies for the virus to invade. No one able to catch the virus and the virus goes away. At least, that's the concept. But you be you and not be afraid, that's your choice but your reasoning should at least be challenged.