Page 753 of 929 FirstFirst ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,825 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am uncertain why some would chose the option to get sick over vaxed.
    Um, stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I hadn't been to keystone in who knows how long up until yesterday and was super bummed to find myself on a gondola. Cold, no airflow, small space, no masks required.
    WTF? You'd think Colorado would be a bit smarter than that. In any event the Summit chair is faster than the gondola anyway.

Flew to Texas yesterday and the majority of the masks worn were of some variation on medical grade, seemed like people are getting that message at least. Fingers crossed we don’t pick up the Rona down here and have to stay longer at the in laws

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Flew to Texas yesterday and the majority of the masks worn were of some variation on medical grade, seemed like people are getting that message at least. Fingers crossed we don’t pick up the Rona down here and have to stay longer at the in laws

People behave on the plane (mostly) because they know they'll end up on the no fly list if they don't. Once you're out of the airport everywhere else in 'Murika except parts of Austin mask use will be minimal. Report back with the current beta please. But, others I know from that part of the country... and the non college towns in NC are pretty careless/stupid about reasonable precautions..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I don’t disagree. It was just a noticeable difference and I flew four times between last April and July.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Today Mrs Snapt, thrice vaccinated is now miserable with the same symptoms. Fucking rona.
    Bummer. It's a legit illness but glad you found treatment and know what it is. Vibes on this christmas day; I'm sure you and your wife will make a full recovery soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Unfortunately, businesses haven’t gotten the message. Work uniforms are all still cloth masks around here.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I'm double vaxed and was scheduled to get boosted this week. Stared having chest tightness and a dry cough on the 19th, which is exactly how my asthma manifests. Abbott home test is negative on the 19th. 20th progressed to full on severe headache, dry cough, chest and body pains, loss of taste/smell and exhaustion and crazy night sweats; re home test on the 21st positive. 22nd see my primary care provider, PCR test confirms positive and she gets me an order for Monoclonal Antibodies that evening. Rough night but by the 24th I feel much better from the covid symptoms but I'm back on Asthma meds I haven't been on in a long time. I never had a fever. Today Mrs Snapt, thrice vaccinated is now miserable with the same symptoms. Fucking rona.

Hopefully you'll both make a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Unfortunately, businesses haven’t gotten the message. Work uniforms are all still cloth masks around here.
    Early on the medical folks were wearing cloth and surgical masks over their N95s to make them last longer. Maybe you could wear a good mask under the uniform cloth mask?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    from that part of the country...
    Checking in from “that part of the country” to confirm, mask wearing is at best about 30%, and has been since delta
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Early on the medical folks were wearing cloth and surgical masks over their N95s to make them last longer. Maybe you could wear a good mask under the uniform cloth mask?
    A lot of the double masking was because of those n95s with the exhale valve...

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    A lot of the double masking was because of those n95s with the exhale valve...
    True... Resources were scarce s they had to use those and make them safer for others around them.

Quote Originally Posted by cs2-6 View Post
    Checking in from “that part of the country” to confirm, mask wearing is at best about 30%, and has been since delta
    Seems like about 30% in Crested Butte and Gunnison as well- no local or state mandates and a high vax rate so I guess everyone is just saying fuck it. I'd guess 80% or more down here on the front range.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Seems like about 30% in Crested Butte and Gunnison as well- no local or state mandates and a high vax rate so I guess everyone is just saying fuck it. I'd guess 80% or more down here on the front range.
    Jeffco, Denver, and Boulder have mandates not in place elsewhere in the state. Seems like the predominant reason right?

Wife and I both vax'd. Both caught covid as well as my kids. I just feel tired and have a runny nose. Tested positive Christmas morning. 0/10 Christmas present.

This probably belongs in the shit that annoys you thread, but a bunch of straight white men are arguing there about gender pronouns, so I'll just dump this here... It's nearly impossible to get a covid test in my town. When is this country supposed to be great again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This probably belongs in the shit that annoys you thread, but a bunch of straight white men are arguing there about gender pronouns, so I'll just dump this here... It's nearly impossible to get a covid test in my town. When is this country supposed to be great again?
    Probably mostly due to a holiday travel and gatherings demand surge.
    I'm not surprised. It's kinda like trying to find good masks was in spring of 2020 was. I bought 4 when I first saw they were available on Amazon a couple months ago. Had I known that Trump was going to flip on vaccines so the MAGA crowd would suddenly be almost as interested in fighting the pandemic as the rest of us I would have bought more. When it returns to folks just going to work and doing everyday tasks there will probably be plenty of tests and boosters available again.

Probably mostly due to a holiday travel and gatherings demand surge.
    Yep. And we're only 20 miles south of Canada, so at the end of the supply chain. But still... we're two years in at this point.

It is however, very easy to get a shot here right now.

No problem getting test, home or clinic based, here in Southern California. 90+% mask compliance most places. My wife, thrice vaccinated and always masked, but works with public got the roid. I had to avoid her by staying in Napa, then Mammoth for the week. Life can be tough for some of us during the pandemic �� Fortunately was never very ill, and recovered quickly, but stayed of work 10 days until two negative in-clinic tests.

Get vaccinated, wear a mask (K95>surgical>cloth>nothing) avoid crowds, and use common sense. This pandemic never had to be as bad as it was/is. The medical advice common from the mainstream public health people is good, and constantly improving, so heed it and ignore the fringe wackos out there. There is a reason they are on the fringe

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    No problem getting test, home or clinic based, here in Southern California. 90+% mask compliance most places. My wife, thrice vaccinated and always masked, but works with public got the roid. I had to avoid her by staying in Napa, then Mammoth for the week. Life can be tough for some of us during the pandemic �� Fortunately was never very ill, and recovered quickly, but stayed of work 10 days until two negative in-clinic tests.

Get vaccinated, wear a mask (K95>surgical>cloth>nothing) avoid crowds, and use common sense. This pandemic never had to be as bad as it was/is. The medical advice common from the mainstream public health people is good, and constantly improving, so heed it and ignore the fringe wackos out there. There is a reason they are on the fringe
    Why do you hTe Murica?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    There is a reason they are on the fringe
    It's only the "fringe" around southern California. The stupid is strong many other parts of 'Murika. Rest of the country is college town sanity surrounded by deep pockets of morons everywhere else. We outnumber them on paper but only safely in urban areas... and most of southern Cal..

Because it is full of stupid people who listen to other stupid people and they don't bother to make the slightest effort to think for themselves.

As for the fringe, I was referring to the very, very small number of "experts" like the magnet doctor .

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Jeffco, Denver, and Boulder have mandates not in place elsewhere in the state. Seems like the predominant reason right?
    Probably. Wish we would get some mask and/or Vax mandates but I think the county health director is too tired of the hate mail and threats to do anything anymore

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Wife is sicker than a dog today with a mild fever. Can't get an at home test or PCR test anywhere in town today. She will get a rapid test tomorrow morning from her employer (healthcare) but I can't imagine it will be negative.

I'm fine so far but definitely nervous. Trying to isolate as much as possible but we have a small house and I was around her a bunch the last two days. Both of us are boosted, hoping I get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Wife is sicker than a dog today with a mild fever. Can't get an at home test or PCR test anywhere in town today. She will get a rapid test tomorrow morning from her employer (healthcare) but I can't imagine it will be negative.

I'm fine so far but definitely nervous. Trying to isolate as much as possible but we have a small house and I was around her a bunch the last two days. Both of us are boosted, hoping I get lucky.
    Shes sick and you wanna get lucky?

I know, I'll show myself out.

I posted this before back when covid vaccines first came out - but worth reposting as boosters are being received:

In a 2002 study young adults were separated into a couple groups - one had their sleep restricted to 4 hours a night and the other could sleep 8.5 hours a night for a week.

Then they were all given flu shots and then in the following days their antibody levels were measured to see how much of a beneficial response they had to the flu shot.

The sleep restricted group produced less than 50% of what the well rested group produced.

Similar studies showed the same consequences with hepatitis A and B vaccines.

Even if members of the sleep restricted group then had normal sleeps following their flu shot they never went on to produce the same level of antibodies.

So make sure you rest up before and immediately after your booster if you can.

- from the book “Why We Sleep” by Matthew Walker
    Last edited by bennymac; 12-26-2021 at 06:17 PM.