Page 312 of 929 FirstFirst ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I’m sure they are all different, but the box I got fit me well. Not quite as good as a n95 behind the head band, but close. And when you’re breathing hard it pulls it to your face more anyway.

I also got a box of surgical masks, they are much less of a seal. But cheaper and easier to talk. I use them for quick/non close contact things. Still have quite a bit of both left over, but wondering if I should re-up before the price triples again.
    The problem with high-efficiency masks and fit is that the harder it is to breathe through the mask the more you breathe around it. I'm not saying everyone needs to get N95's; that's not for me to say one way or the other. I'm still using 3 layer cotton masks ($5 for 48 masks--you want some?) I'm just giving information for people who feel the need for the highest level of protection--someone immunocompromised for example. Amazon has N95's as low as $1 each for 50 I think from a reputable manufacturer (unless they're counterfeit.)

HPV could have its own thread. It is such a dangerous disease that was completely overlooked. Who doesn't have at least one relative that it could have been a contributing factor with regard to a serious cancer? And then you get the freedumb crowd spinning up the misinfo bs stream. Sad.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    He’s vaccinated, you’re vaccinated, your kids are kids.

Wtf is the threat to anybody?
    Yeah, I think you're probably right, BUT, jury is still out AFAIK on asymptomatic Delta transmission (if viral loads in someone with a breakthrough infection are actually as high as some are saying then the math could change on two vaxed people in close contact). Which leads to:

God damn.

I know it’s my fault for reading the thread at all, but we’ve been post-Covid in my town for like 3 months. It’s crazy to check in here and see the same old mask and lockdown bullshit.

Get your shots, go live life, done…easy.

People who won’t get shots…whatever, not my problem.
    Again, Delta. Vaxed people have spread it and we still have a huge population (under 12) 100% unvaxed--Delta may be affecting them in ways previous covid didn't, plus even if they're generally safe they can spread it, so masks in close contact/indoor areas are called for again. I don't like it, and I assume almost no one else does, but that's where we are (thanks, vax hesitant fuckwads).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    HPV could have its own thread. It is such a dangerous disease that was completely overlooked. Who doesn't have at least one relative that it could have been a contributing factor with regard to a serious cancer? And then you get the crowd spinning up the misinfo bs stream. Sad.
    Not family, but I have a friend that got cancer on his tongue and his wife died from cervical cancer because they both had HPV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So, is there any data on increased risk to kids from Delta?

Short term, long term, etc?

This has been at the front of my mind since my kids are in childcare.

HPV could have its own thread. It is such a dangerous disease that was completely overlooked. Who doesn't have at least one relative that it could have been a contributing factor with regard to a serious cancer? And then you get the freedumb crowd spinning up the misinfo bs stream. Sad.
    Your body can produce antibodies against the virus and clear the virus,

Depending on the type of HPV that you have, the virus can linger in your body for years. In most cases, your body can produce antibodies against the virus and clear the virus within one to two years. Most strains of HPV go away permanently without treatment.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Probably.

Btw, i, my wife and my children, 8 and 11 guy covid last December. I had mild symptoms for a couple of days, but the rest, no symptoms at all.

Which is worrying, because they could have infected lots of people. Luckily, they were out of school and we were self quarantining anyway, because of a trip to France.

I'm convinced that a lot of kids had covid and nobody knew.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

An anti-vaxxer buddy of mine just called to discuss getting the vaccine. He's one of the smarter and financially successful people I know if you don't count the anti-vax viewpoints. He's on the verge of getting the vaccine. Wanted my opinion so I gave it too him. Just pointed to our local health and welfare data showing that 98.7 of local hospitalizations and deaths are from the un-vaxxed. He was concerned about the enlarged heart issues so I asked him if he thought he was good at math. I think he's scheduling now.

In other news, Kaiser just announced effective 7/31 that they will continue to pay 100% of testing and vaccines but discontinue 100% payment of treatment for anyone over 12 meaning if you end up in the hospital, it will be treated as any other deductible and out-of-pocket expense. I agree with this move.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I did some digging on rj a couple years back when I was dumb enough to engage him on the global warming thread. It seemed to me that the had been a legit poster for a while, disappeared for a long while and reappeared as a troll. My money is on the account having been hacked and is an agent of disinformation and planter of distrust. I vote ban hammer.
    That said, don't engage, and for fucks sake don't quote the piece of shit.

sent from Utah.
    I'd love to see how you came to your conclusions.

You guys are nuts. Why is it so hard to believe I am who I say I am? I posted a picture of my snowboard quiver with a personalized TGR message, and somehow that wasn't good enough for you.

Maybe you should ski?

Uber has a strict policy on this. If he doesn't want to comply with it maybe he can find other work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Your body can produce antibodies against the virus and clear the virus,

Depending on the type of HPV that you have, the virus can linger in your body for years. In most cases, your body can produce antibodies against the virus and clear the virus within one to two years. Most strains of HPV go away permanently without treatment.
    my aunt got hpv and then cervical cancer when her husband cheated on her, but i’ll let her know!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

my aunt got hpv and then cervical cancer when her husband cheated on her, but i’ll let her know!
    How awful. My info comes from Johns Hopkins and other reliable medical sources as well as my own personal experience.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    How awful. My info comes from Johns Hopkins and other reliable medical sources as well as my own personal experience.
    Your own experience with cervical cancer? (91% of cervical cancer is caused by HPV infection, despite 90% of HPV infections clearing on their own).
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Your own experience with cervical cancer? (91% of cervical cancer is caused by HPV infection, despite 90% of HPV infections clearing on their own).
    No. The virus. I'm not sure which variant I had but I cleared it years ago. My post wasn't about cervical cancer. I was speaking only about the fact that it is possible for the body to mount an immune reponse to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Uber has a strict policy on this. If he doesn't want to comply with it maybe he can find other work?
    Well, he's driving for Uber, so...I mean, maybe?

Weird that Tor-tour specifically said he has kids that are NOT vaccinated but gets chastised for his concern. Hoping IAS' posts age well. A week ago things had been normal here for a while and from Monday to Monday we're up 400%.

Is Coreshot in Reno? Maybe he was one of my drivers. Every single Uber I got in between Reno and SLT had windows up, AC on, no masks. They looked at me like I was an alien when I asked if they could refrain from being idiots for the short drive.

Have yet to find the lcd although this fucktard continues to be the leader in the clubhouse.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.29.03 PM.png
Views: 437
Size:  214.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.29.03 PM.png
Views: 437
Size:  214.7 KB
    Hey Marj:

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Some idiots think that we should ignore all this because vaccinated people can get and transmit delta…

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Some idiots think that we should ignore all this because vaccinated people can get and transmit delta…

But RJ said things were fine in FL

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That's probably a paid crisis-actor.

When people on the right talk about “freedom” what they actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Totally. Things are going great. Covid-19 deaths for the week of 7/31 were 130 in FLA and 14 in NY State...those are absolute numbers, I didn't try to adjust for population density, but as you might expect that would make it worse for FLA.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    When people on the right talk about “freedom” what they actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they want.
    Yup, pretty much. And that's how Trump got elected. White fear/resentment. Fucking crackers fucking shit up for everyone.
    [quote][//quote]