Page 715 of 929 FirstFirst ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... LastLast
Results 17,851 to 17,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Much better after the antibody infusion. Lungs are still tight when I wake up, but after meds they feel mostly normal.

I felt like shit for a solid week. Can't imagine what it would have been like if I wasn't vaccinated.

I have to say, I pity the folks who aren't getting vaccinated. Whether you're latched on to some conspiracy theory, or compelled by a deep need to demonstrate some sociocultural affiliation, it's a steep price to pay. It's a fascinating, but depressing example of our human capacity to dismiss the obvious in a vain effort to preserve a fragile sense of self or belonging. I hope you fuckers don't die.
    FKNA!!! Really glad to hear you are going to be OK.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's definitely tougher to "vax our way out of" a pandemic when people are sabotaging the efforts to educate the populace due to polyasshatted reasons. Mandates seem to be the only way to "encourage" the "resistant" to rejoin the rest of civilized society.

Mandates have increased the number of people vaccinated - and this increased uptake took place many months after vaccines were available to working age adults.

Are mandates all we need? No. No one said that.

But mandates help. Along with other things we are doing (masks/distancing/testing) and some we are not yet doing (increasing promotion of healthy lifestyle as a preventative measure vs bad covid outcome etc)

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    MagUni - If you really want to know, PM me. It's not that interesting and probably not worth the time it will take to read it. (It is slightly amusing to see people lose their shit over it, pontificate on possible causes, etc.)

Buster - My main concerns are vax mandates / covid passports / lockdowns and the negative consequences of them. Second, I just don't think it's possible to vax our way out of covid so I would prefer the focus to shift to other methods of prevention, and treatment when prevention fails.
    We've talked past each other on a few different topics now and I'm chalking that up to different personalities, etc. I'll continue to think you're a smart guy and probably pretty nice in real life but will do my best to avoid pestering you in the future. Best wishes and I hope you have a great, healthy ski season.

skiJ - I gather you are a [retired] medical professional so your knowledge will obviously be much greater than mine especially for any in depth issues or area of specialty you have. We lay people can still follow the big picture though. Best health to you and yours.
    You’re wrong about not being able to vax our way to “normalcy”. I work in a hospital and it’s the same everywhere, it’s the unvaccinated that are causing the stress on our system. The idea of suppressing a disease with vaccination so we don’t really have to worry anymore has been proven many times over in history. Your argument is political bullshit.

As far as why your post count remaining zero, why don’t you just tell us if it’s amusing?
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by MagnificentUnicorn; 12-05-2021 at 05:50 PM.

The frustrating thing about the anti vaxxers is how they lump together ‘ vax mandates / covid passports / lockdowns’. Denmark hit very high levels of vaccination and was able to avoid the lockdown Austria implemented. Right wing Facebook feeds feature the twisted logic of ‘we were told vaccinations would prevent lockdowns, but we successfully brainwashed enough idiots that vaccination rates never got high enough so now we can point to lockdowns or mask mandates as evidence of being misled when it’s actually just evidence of how we fucked things up for free society’.

Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’. This particular piece of stupidity requires one to actively ignore that medical research pretty much always looks at prevention vs treatment options, and generally science rejoices when preventative or mitigation measures can be found (eg vaccines) since they are typically so much cheaper and/or more feasible to administer across populations and regional economies incl developing world.

MagUni - If you really want to know, PM me. It's not that interesting and probably not worth the time it will take to read it. (It is slightly amusing to see people lose their shit over it, pontificate on possible causes, etc.).
    Trolls get off on trolling? Riveting.

D0D, I wont take the time to rebut your claims after this, but none of your arguments make sense to me. Sometimes I'm out in left field (wh33333), but there's an obvious consenseless here that your remarks about eradication are irrelevant and misleading. I do not think that's a function of personalities.

I hope we don't have to have mandates, but it's amazing how selfish and ignorant lots of people are regarding medicine in the context of covid.

And it would be sweet twirly love beams if we could find another effective way to manage covid without vaxes.
    But we haven't.

It may become a matter of choosing the lesser evil, covid or lockdowns and mandates. People refusing the stick are only furthering us into lockdowns and mandates.

I'm not that nice in real life, this is what's going on in my thoughts and as such are the real me. I still feel that all this innert00b jibberjabber is a pretty good window into what a person is like.

We already have vax passports as well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Trolls get off on trolling? Riveting.
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Your argument is political bullshit.
    All correct and thank you for not catering to this malarky. DummyDad is pure shit-post nonsense. None of his blabber is more than it appears despite his "Best health to you all" sign off.

While teleRoofer cries "it's a different opinion! Y U mad?!?". No. When you allege that there's a worldwide conspiracy by central bankers to install digital currency as part of a hidden, nefarious totalitarian regimes through vaccine policy, you are a deranged person who lost their tether to reality. It is not a difference of opinion.

Likely it's part of a scheme to roll out digital currencies anyway. Watch what happens in Europe which is the epicenter of this Build Back Better bullshit and the Klaus Schwab circus. It's no coincidence all of the more draconian policies are coming from those who were part of his World Economic Forum "junior leaders" program. Same with Tedros at the WHO, european central bankers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    All correct and thank you for not catering to this malarky. DummyDad is pure shit-post nonsense. None of his blabber is more than it appears despite his "Best health to you all" sign off.

While teleRoofer cries "it's a different opinion! Y U mad?!?". No. When you allege that there's a worldwide conspiracy by central bankers to install digital currency as part of a hidden, nefarious totalitarian regimes through vaccine policy, you are a deranged person who lost their tether to reality. It is not a difference of opinion.
    NWOs coming through vaccine mandates?? SHIT!! I went long in carbon credits because they said that was the new world order control plan.. SELLING carbon credits cheap.. Who wants some???

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    But why the fuck isn't his post count going up?????
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Secret Russian Troll programming?
    This. Seems more likely to me than some real, live person sitting behind a keyboard posting all the nonsense.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    NWOs coming through vaccine mandates??
    There is a small fraction of people that believe that (or something like it) is a significant possibility. Some of them think it's a good idea and others hate it, but they all have one thing in common: they're vaccinated. The rest of the cockapoos are all talk.

D0D is real, he's just really proud of discovering a way to post without it increasing his post count. In a karmic sense he's found yet another way of saying: talk is cheap.

The fact that you guys track post counts like it is important is strange and pathetic. It’s actually quite sad that your life revolves around an Internet forum. Carry on.

he posts then deletes his posts so it stays at zero (shrug)
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    so why do posts show up when you hit “view forum posts”?

So according to my wife's cousins FB posts, if you want to enjoy the biggest schnitzel in Germany you have to be vaxed fully and prove it at the door. And if you're not vaxed you have to order to go and stay home.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    The fact that you guys track post counts like it is important is strange and pathetic. It’s actually quite sad that your life revolves around an Internet forum. Carry on.
    I don’t pay any attention to post counts, can’t tell you what mine is. Someone here brought up that anomaly with DOD, so I looked. His post count was zero in spite of making several posts. I thought that was curious.

I’m posting here between surgeries, my life doesn’t revolve around an Internet forum. What’s sad is that you and your family got vaccinated and had breakthrough infections but didn’t get very very sick but you don’t think vaccines work. You’re too stupid to understand any of this but really you’re a worthless troll akin to Skidog.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’. This particular piece of stupidity requires one to actively ignore that medical research pretty much always looks at prevention vs treatment options, and generally science rejoices when preventative or mitigation measures can be found (eg vaccines) since they are typically so much cheaper and/or more feasible to administer across populations and regional economies incl developing world.
    Aside from that we're talking about a contagious disease here. You want as few people to get the diseases as possible because that means less spread. Statistics have shown that vaccines reduce transmission of Covid significantly.

Buster - My main concerns are vax mandates / covid passports / lockdowns and the negative consequences of them. Second, I just don't think it's possible to vax our way out of covid so I would prefer the focus to shift to other methods of prevention, and treatment when prevention fails.
    The only negative effects of vaccine mandates and passports are on and because of the people who refuse to follow them The ONLY negative effects. Lockdowns are another story, but if people all get vaccinated and wear masks in appropriate settings we don't need lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m posting here between surgeries, my life doesn’t revolve around an Internet forum.
    Why aren't you eating cold soggy leftover french fries and 3 day old pieces of donuts in the OR lounge like you're supposed to be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    You don’t sound satisfied. Maybe carryon yourself to another corner of the internet. Or stick around because you can’t quit us. We complete you.

——

Now that Dud’s dud posts have been torn apart can we get back to expert level discussion - at least until the next round of “random troll tries to play dumb and repeats question from months ago”?

MagnificentUnicorn and others with the medical field background. Wondering about comments for either of the 2 mRNA US vaccines boost after the single J&J back in the spring and if there really are any notable reasons to get one over the other or just schedule at a site and take what they have available.

Thinking most may have a day after the shot to set aside with possible reaction like headache, body pains, etc. so would like to do that in the next week or so and probably go for a Friday or weekend time slot.

Google shows a WSJ article behind paywall and then some British Med articles as the top results with Astrazeneca discussions.

Moderna mRNA or Pfizer mRNA is what I am leaning toward over another J&J (which I would have maybe done shortly after the first shot if it was not set up at first as a one and done.)

Big surprise here...people letting politics take them down the path of stupidity
    https://apple.news/A6LdAubdkRfGMbVmnYuca7g
    Last edited by snoqpass; 12-06-2021 at 12:47 AM.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

People should get vaccinated and seriously consider getting a booster, I got a booster and the only side effect was a little soreness at the injection site
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    MagnificentUnicorn and others with the medical field background. Wondering about comments for either of the 2 mRNA US vaccines boost after the single J&J back in the spring and if there really are any notable reasons to get one over the other or just schedule at a site and take what they have available.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty fucking weird that he'd go through the trouble.

Double weird since all he has is boilerplate alt-right COVID misinformation shitposting.

Personally not a hudge fan of trollbans, but this dude is especially egregious and IMO needs to be gone.

Especially since he's been here as a multi-alias repeat offender as FullStack and/or Ow My Balls.

It's a UNIBONGER kinda situation where you just gotta squelch that shit otherwise the shitstain keeps spreading and ruining the rug that ties the room together.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post

Thinking most may have a day after the shot to set aside with possible reaction like headache, body pains, etc. so would like to do that in the next week or so and probably go for a Friday or weekend time slot.

Google shows a WSJ article behind paywall and then some British Med articles as the top results with Astrazeneca discussions.

Moderna mRNA or Pfizer mRNA is what I am leaning toward over another J&J (which I would have maybe done shortly after the first shot if it was not set up at first as a one and done.)
    Look, I’m not an expert. I work in a hospital and talk with really smart people all the time. I’m reporting what happens in the real world it’s not the news.

As far as your booster, from what I’ve gleaned, just get one of the mRNA vaccines. Statistically it sounds like it doesn’t really matter which one. I’ve read and discussed this with many physicians, ICU doctors, our infectious disease doctor and basically every physician that I work with daily. Don’t sweat it, get what’s available and you’ll be well protected.