Page 41 of 929 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    It doesn't have to be such an either/or, Tri. I'm not saying that Japan has high numbers. Also not saying it's magically non-existent. I'm also not stating the masks and other measures aren't helping either. It just my belief (keyword: "belief") that we as a nation are missing out on the other HUGE component and advantage they have over us: overall health. We literally suppress our immune systems by loading up our GIANT grocery carts with twinkies, ice cream, and potato chips among the usual diet of overly processed foods. We're not staying fit. I mean as a gross generalization of course. There is no denying our nation (as a whole) eats terribly, is out of shape, and is overall NOT in good health. And that was before the epidemic.

I just wish that we'd acknowledge that. I've observed first hand that the countries who are doing well have diets RICH in prebiotic foods (garlic, leeks, onions), probiotic foods (kimchi, natto, miso, etc.), whole foods with tons of veggies. There's simply no comparison in how we eat. Personally in my family, we've adopted those sorts of diets and anecdotally, I feel its served us quite well. In fact, last night my wife cooked up some badass ramen from scratch from homemade beef and fish bone broths. I think our country would be much better off in how our bodies can fight off this disease if only we were more purposeful in what we put into our bodies, which has profound effects on our health. Nutritionists and some doctors are TRYING to get the word out more about this, but too few care to listen. We'd rather keep eating like crap and doing nothing but binging Netflix in the dark for months on end.
    Why do you think that is? Could it be capitalism extracts money instead of delivering nutrition? Or is it because with freedom to choose, most will choose convenience over substance?

Who is making us eat the crap and not exercise? Or are you arguing personal responsibilty should take a collective backseat to the common good?

BMI = 23.5.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    <snip> Nutritionists and some doctors are TRYING to get the word out more about this, but too few care to listen. We'd rather keep eating like crap and doing nothing but binging Netflix in the dark for months on end.
    That's because, given no *incentive* to do otherwise, people will pick the fatty, sugary, *delicious* option over the stir-fried vegetables.

Would you be willing to support *government* efforts to provide incentives to change these behaviors? Because here in the States, that's the ONLY way it's going to work.

BMI: 23.7

Universal definition

1 : including or covering all or a whole collectively or distributively without limit or exception especially : available equitably to all members of a society universal health coverage. 2a : present or occurring everywhere. b : existent or operative everywhere or under all conditions universal cultural patterns.

24 ish
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My parents got their first shot of Pfizer vaccine today and I am so fucking stoked. I haven't seen them in a year...which is OK. But neither have my kids, which is definitely not OK.

Hear ya. Just got a message to make an appointment but they were all taken.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    ModeRNA #2, done.
    Sore arm, achy joints. Nothing big.

Also, vaccine clinics are superspreader events.
    Follow up: my ass is kicked, been in bed all day. Have a heater next to me. Must be 85 in here, still can't get warm.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Would you be willing to support *government* efforts to provide incentives to change these behaviors? Because here in the States, that's the ONLY way it's going to work.
    That sounds like some Nanny State bullshit to me.

They must have given my Mom the placebo, my 5G reception still sux even if I hold my phone right next to her. Or maybe it’s because she only has a flip phone with those gigantic buttons for seniors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

moderna #2 done.
    4h after, no side effects yet. Sore from hard workouts leading up to today, just in case I was under the weather after the shot. But so far so good.

Follow up: my ass is kicked, been in bed all day. Have a heater next to me. Must be 85 in here, still can't get warm.
    Sorry to hear this. How long after the shot did the effects start? I'd like to not be .. at the gym or out choring if effects are still to come.
    north bound horse.

X

My mother had an appointment to get shot #1 tomorrow. She just got a phone call saying, "Actually, we are all out. Sorry!"

Had first dose today. Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post

Sorry to hear this. How long after the shot did the effects start? I'd like to not be .. at the gym or out choring if effects are still to come.

Got it at 9pm, fairly mild symptoms overnight. Then today I was wiped. It sorta crept up, no immediate stuff. Could have also been a bit of the getting crushed in the bumps by a ski bunny yesterday, but tge chills were insane today..
    Got some ibuprofen down (18 hours post dose) and feeling slightly human again.
    That said, I may miss my 1st work shift in 4 years tonight.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Wife and I both 70 received out first dose of Pfizer vaccine in Sandy UT today. Event was held at the South Town Expo Center, State / County deserves kudos for how they ran it. Very efficient, effortless and not complicated at all. Gave us a card with our second dose scheduled for 2-11. IMO UT doing the right thing by getting it to 70+ yo's considering that 81% of deaths nationwide are 65+. We live in WI other than in the winter and they have it all fucked up. Did receive an email from our health care provider that we are in the Que when vaccine becomes available but from what I read WI does not expect to get the 1B people( 65+) done until April or May. Have a friend that owns six nursing homes in WI, not one resident or staff has been given the vaccine. But on the other hand the state decided to vaccinate Optometrist's, do not understand why they would be a high a priority.

"The idea that you can get up here and you can talk about what you know, what evidence, what the science is, and know that's it – let the science speak. It is somewhat of a liberating feeling," Fauci said Thursday in his first White House press briefing in months.

"It was very clear that there were things that were said, be it regarding things like hydroxychloroquine and other things like that, that really [were] uncomfortable because they were not based on scientific fact," Fauci said. "I can tell you, I take no pleasure at all in being in a situation of contradicting the president, so it was really something that you didn't feel that you could actually say something and there wouldn't be any repercussions about it."
    Yeaaahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    My mother had an appointment to get shot #1 tomorrow. She just got a phone call saying, "Actually, we are all out. Sorry!"
    My dad had his appointment canceled as well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got it at 9pm, fairly mild symptoms overnight. Then today I was wiped. It sorta crept up, no immediate stuff. Could have also been a bit of the getting crushed in the bumps by a ski bunny yesterday, but tge chills were insane today..
    Got some ibuprofen down (18 hours post dose) and feeling slightly human again.
    That said, I may miss my 1st work shift in 4 years tonight.
    Dang. Keep us posted.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If Amazon mails vaccine via the USPS everyone in Truckee will die. People have been known to enter the post office perfectly healthy and not only contracted Covid waiting in line to pick up a package, but gotten sick, were intubated, given last rights, and died while still waiting their turn.
    West county, too. There is still an active outbreak amongst PO employees near me. Heard one of the people working customer service that they MUST serve customers regardless whether the customer wears a mask. There a several clear signs about mask wearing.

My 76 yr old mom was able to get an appointment and got her first shot today. When she tried to make my dad’s appointment, the system crashed and they haven’t been able to get him scheduled since.

My folks got their shots yesterday (in GA). Dad did have chills/mild fever. Mom said her arm was sore but otherwise fine.
    FIL (in CO) got his last week and was vomiting and really sick for a few days. Better now.

Heard again, from local nurses, that people who have already had the virus are having worse effects from the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Does anyone think it’s kind of weird that around January 8th there has been a steady decline in reported cases in nearly every state? This appears to go against every trend we’ve seen surrounding COVID and holidays, and not to mention I haven’t noticed any change in attitudes regarding social distancing and mask compliance.

This may sound far fetched but anyone think tRump could have put the kibosh on testing to make it appear they were getting a handle on things before he left office, knowing there may be a jump in cases once the new admin ups testing again?
    Doesn’t seem odd in light of holidays. Incubation period 5 days plus minus. “Festive season” as they call it over there ends January 3 or so and everyone goes home and stops socializing. Seems exactly As would be expected.

A guy I know got his first shot today even though not being in the official group (he's 50). He showed up at the Forum in Inglewood parking lot at the end of the day and asked if they still had vaccines, and they did. I'd wondered if that angle might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That sounds like some Nanny State bullshit to me.
    I like thinking about applying Austin's ideas to other realms. Reproductive rights for example. Or airbags and seatbelts vs stoplights/signs.

I need to stop following this thread. It just makes me more and more pissed off about California.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    A guy I know got his first shot today even though not being in the official group (he's 50). He showed up at the Forum in Inglewood parking lot at the end of the day and asked if they still had vaccines, and they did. I'd wondered if that angle might work.
    Honestly, genius. All for it.

The vaccines are thawed out once someone makes an appointment. I've heard mulitple times now that people make appointments and flake, fucking assholes/no excuse for that. So, if they don't show, the vax get tossed in the garbage. Better to use them on anyone and everyone before tossing.