Page 220 of 247 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6158
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Exactly. If 0.01% of vaccinated got infected and 100% of the unvaccinated got infected that's a 99.99% relative risk reduction, or efficacy If we say that 1% of the unvaccinated got infected (a very high estimate for a short period of time) that's a 99% relative risk reduction. That's still pretty damn good. But if we're going to use statistics lets use accurate ones. Of course we don't know the real numbers--true incidence of breakthrough infection, period of time, true incidence of infections in the unvaccinated so any number we come up with at this point is meaningless. It's enough to say the vaccine is working very well.
    Sorry, I was a bit too brief there. I meant, the 0.01% number is obviously an absolute risk number, not a relative one, so there is no use for a comparison with the unvaxed population, as would be used with relative risk calculations.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone know if the Pfizer vaxx for 12-15 year olds the same two shots or a different dosage?
    This was discussed at the Town Hall the other day with Faucci and the Surgeon General.

Long video, but worth watching the entire thing as a family. The answer you are looking for is around between 40:00 to 50:00 (I think)

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone know if the Pfizer vaxx for 12-15 year olds the same two shots or a different dosage?
    I believe it's the same (0.3 mL each dose)

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    From bennymac’s OP:

Not sure why you’re bringing Left or Right into this, since those were reported separately?
    Did read that and some of the questions on this would be easy to put together. Do you usually trust experts? Trust opinion of PhD over guy down road, do you think debate is a waste of time, should there be more referendums on import issues, do you distrust politicians? I guess I really never thought of the definition of a populist person. Those questions certainly don't define left vs right though the experts and debate question I would think would be more on the right side of the spectrum.

Have to say that the characterization of Alberta as religious, rural etc is only true when compared to other Canadian provinces and certainly wouldn't be a accurate characterization for an American to make. As AB would left of almost all US states. Had NDP gov't 3 years ago and NDP is doing well in polls.

Edit. AB is the worst in Can for "will not get the vac" at 20% compared to national average of 8%. Whereas the US is as high as 30% to a low of 11% with an average of 20- 19%.
    Last edited by DougW; 05-16-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I would agree if you mean to say the numbers are imprecise, but I don't think they're meaningless because they show, as you point out, the vaccines are working exceptionally well.

The numbers we have so far are since vaccinations began. Whether that's a short period of time is of course subjective. To Jono's point the 0.01% vaccinated infection % will either grow or shrink depending on when you stop the clock. Our intuition might suggest the number will grow because over time the percentage of breakthrough cases will increase. That could happen. The other possibility is "a vaccinated population" will see the percentage of cases shrink making the 0.01% number a high water mark because the total population infection rate was at its highest when vaccinations began.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sorry, I was a bit too brief there. I meant, the 0.01% number is obviously an absolute risk number, not a relative one, so there is no use for a comparison with the unvaxed population, as would be used with relative risk calculations.
    nothing wrong with brevity, as I'm told from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I believe it's the same (0.3 mL each dose)
    Yup, same dose. And in my area, they’re ramping up the get-your-kid-vaccinated theme. The middle school is setting up a vax clinic this week; my kid’s getting the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Yup, same dose. And in my area, they’re ramping up the get-your-kid-vaccinated theme. The middle school is setting up a vax clinic this week; my kid’s getting the jab.
    If I had kids in that age range, I'd want to actually see the data before jumping in. Again, read this;

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...001271296.html

^ Thanks. I'll read up on it. Thing is, we're probably looking at at least one of his summer activities requiring vax.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    If I had kids in that age range, I'd want to actually see the data before jumping in. Again, read this;

Surprising to me that he doesn't consider the epidemiological reason to vaccinate teens. They do spread the virus. People are still dying of the virus. There are people --like the cancer patients he so proudly takes care of--whom the vaccine won't protect. Does he want his chemo patients hanging around their unvaxxed unmasked kids--what if they are their kids? That's a pretty arrogant blog--I don't think I'd want him as my cancer doc.

Not sure about no/low chance of kids dying of COVID.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-covid-kil...151537544.html

Surprising to me that he doesn't consider the epidemiological reason to vaccinate teens. They do spread the virus. People are still dying of the virus. There are people --like the cancer patients he so proudly takes care of--whom the vaccine won't protect. Does he want his chemo patients hanging around their unvaxxed unmasked kids--what if they are their kids? That's a pretty arrogant blog--I don't think I'd want him as my cancer doc.
    That’s my take. Sounds like a pompous asshole

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oh he's definitely arrogant and fond of the attention. He's a "by the numbers" guy who has made his reputation on the shortcoming of the clinical trials process which in some ways is VERY refreshing. His argument is that adults need to man up until the safety data for children is released and/or this becomes a full blown approval for children rather than an EUA (those are obviously connected events). Hard to disagree with that.

This country has a great track record of the adults "manning up" when it comes to covid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Another 550 people jabbed today at the last mass vax clinic in W2. Most were 2nd jabs but we also had a fair number of kids under 16.

Going forward vax clinics will be smaller but more frequent accepting both pre-registration and walk-in. Clinics are also scheduled for area schools.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This country has a great track record of the adults "manning up" when it comes to covid.
    This.

And I think all this talk about "I don't trust what's in it" and "it's my choice not to get it" and the myriad of other horseshit reasons... what it boils down to is they're a bunch of adult-baby fucking chicken-shits afraid of needles. They need to HTFU.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

I had just assumed that my kid wouldn't want to take it, given that his history of indefinitely postponing flu shots about every other year, which wouldn't have bothered me too much, for the reasons in your link, plus I expect our area is going to crush out Covid better than most. But, as of now, he wants it, because he wants to hang out and do things with more than a few other people at once without bothering with masks or distancing (or possibly not being allowed to attend some things), and I'm even less worried about vax side effects than I am about his (granted, low) Covid risks. So... fine. Unless he chickens out between now and Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I had just assumed that my kid wouldn't want to take it, given that his history of indefinitely postponing flu shots about every other year, which wouldn't have bothered me too much, for the reasons in your link, plus I expect our area is going to crush out Covid better than most. But, as of now, he wants it, because he wants to hang out and do things with more than a few other people at once without bothering with masks or distancing (or possibly not being allowed to attend some things), and I'm even less worried about vax side effects than I am about his (granted, low) Covid risks. So... fine. Unless he chickens out between now and Wednesday.
    At the clinic today there were families of 2, 3, 4 kids coming in to get vaxxed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I know you know science. But the 95% number, oft repeated, is 95% less likely to get seriously ill or hospitalized.

When the 95% number hit the press, I actually looked into the studies. It’s not 95% against getting covid at all.

Not saying there isn’t value there. Just media ignorance.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7906690/

Do you have a source for this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Good article. (I assume that is unedited, maybe not peer-reviewed, given the (I asume) Italian author's less than perfect English. Or he could be a maggot. On second thought, his English is too good for that.)

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Thx for supporting my statement.

My wife lost taste and smell. Had brain fog for two weeks. Etc. three months after jab. Those sound like “symptoms” to me. Who can say if the jab kept her from being worse than that.

I slept 36 hours. Lethargic for two more days. Never lost taste.

Teen boys barely showed it although the oldest did lose taste as well.

Ymmv
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Going forward vax clinics will be smaller but more frequent accepting both pre-registration and walk-in. Clinics are also scheduled for area schools.
    This seems to be working. My vaccine hesitant friend got his Saturday at a walk in clinic at his small town fire station. He’s been eligible for months but couldn’t be bothered to set up an account online and register. The ability to walk in locally and get a shot on demand made it easier. Even the town volunteer fire chief was there and got the shot, months after he was eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Thx for supporting my statement.

My wife lost taste and smell. Had brain fog for two weeks. Etc. three months after jab. Those sound like “symptoms” to me. Who can say if the jab kept her from being worse than that.

I slept 36 hours. Lethargic for two more days. Never lost taste.

Teen boys barely showed it although the oldest did lose taste as well.

Ymmv
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    This seems to be working. My vaccine hesitant friend got his Saturday at a walk in clinic at his small town fire station. He’s been eligible for months but couldn’t be bothered to set up an account online and register. The ability to walk in locally and get a shot on demand made it easier. Even the town volunteer fire chief was there and got the shot, months after he was eligible.
    Are we misunderestimating the laziness factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Sounds more like the virus than the vaccine. I have not heard of lost taste from the vaccine.

Are you sure that you didnt get covid around the same time as getting vaccinated?

Consider the source.

Sent out invitations to our baby shower/delayed engagement party/delayed wedding reception. Clearly said, "all attendees must be vaccinated" b/c we have a couple OLD folks (90+) and someone who just finished up chemo a couple months ago attending. Was out golfing with some friends who will be attending and found out they both are not vaccinated and weren't planning to say anything. Im conflicted what to do- they both had covid last summer so its not like they are totally unprotected... and she is trying to get pregnant and was advised by her old docter in a southern state to avoid the vaccine for now. Might just tell my buddy he needs to get it though. He says he just "hasnt had the time". ugh. First time im having an issue like this with a friend as everyone else i know is on the same page even the super brobrahs (they used the logic, compared to all the bad shit i put in my body regularly and dangerous shit i do for fun, an untested vaccine is low down on the risk scale haha).