Page 139 of 929 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 23206
    Brazil will be fine. Their new health minister has a well fitted KN-95 mask
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_117605035_c49374f4-6e70-42a8-ab10-d5351f3f1f90.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	370758

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    I think most people here in VT, are willing to do just about anything to crush this and move on with some normalcy, although I think there will never be the old normal. One positive note, I think we'll see a decline in workers going to work sick.
    I fucking hope EMPLOYERS are more willing to let people stay home. I put it 60/40 on employers. HOWEVER, with lots of hourly ployees in VT moonlighting or starving, staying home can bankrupt you. We need a fund to make up that slack.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I fucking hope EMPLOYERS are more willing to let people stay home. I put it 60/40 on employers. HOWEVER, with lots of hourly ployees in VT moonlighting or starving, staying home can bankrupt you. We need a fund to make up that slack.
    Abso-fuckin-lutely!!!! Hourly workers get shafted for staying home.

Wooooo got my email about getting vax’d. First Moderna tomorrow, fucking pumped

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

If you've read how bat it has been in South Africa
    Nice Freudian

Got my second Pfizer vaccine shot this morning.
    Arm is a little sore and I feel a little "off", but not too much. A
    slight headache in the temples and some neck and throat tightness.
    I think I felt worse after the first jab and except for the sore arm
    was totally fine the next day.
    If I'm sick tomorrow, I will update.

Side note:

The couple of libertarians I know are anti everything. .
    My older brother is a raving libertarian and he got vaxed ASAP back in
    January. But he's maybe more intelligent then your average.
    He also lives in Seattle (?), used to work with Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    snip......Couldn't you find a better target for your daily inner dick.

LOL

We have a vaxxed up county but the oldsters and others insist the pandemic is done. Ski and gym locker rooms where there is no supervision they do what they want, even on the gym floor people like to skip wiping down the equipment, and noses uncovered huffing and puffing away. At supply houses - forgetaboutit - total noncompliance.

Even in the grocery w about 100% compliance.....there is some tool talking on the phone about which beer to buy wearing a chin strap after being asked nicely once........"I've had both my shots." and "I need to talk on the phone." It's truly selfish and disgusting behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    - In my 30-39 age bracket in the US, there have been 5,683 deaths, 1.06% of covid deaths nationwide have been in my demographic. Of confirmed cases, someone 30-39 years old has died 0.00018% of the time.
    Getting vaccinated is like mask wearing--it's as much about protecting others as protecting yourself--more about protecting others in your age group.
    The biggest reason to get vaccinated is that even if you get an asymptomatic infection you become a potential breeding ground for a dangerous variant.
    Last edited by old goat; 04-07-2021 at 08:17 PM.

A friend of my wife who is involved with volunteering at the Spokane mass vax site, Veteran's Memorial Arena, sent at text stating that they're taking walk-ins. Anyone 18 or older is welcome, no waiting. As of the 15th, they'll take 16 and older. Strange twist from not being able to get a time to this.

Quick question. Based on the stories here of having rad dreams and being kind of out of it, how much fun (or misery) would it be to combine the shots with copious amounts of booze and/or NyQuil? ....Asking for a friend.

[

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Nope, it's a double stranded DNA replication incompetent adenovirus with the Sars2 Spike gene inserted into it, which needs to get to the nucleus where that DNA is transcribed into RNA which then gets transported back to the cytoplasm for generation of the SCoV2 Spike protein. So if long term complication mean "does this genetic material inegrate into my chromosomes" the chance of that happening for RNA are zero and for DNA lets just leave it at, potentially more than zero.
    As I understand viral infection--which the J and J essentially is--the virus DNA hijacks the host cell's machinery for synthesizing proteins but that the viral DNA is not incorporated into the host's DNA. Are you saying that there is a chance (however small) of viral DNA being incorporated into host DNA? Is my understanding of viral infection wrong or just outdated?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Getting vaccinated is like mask wearing--it's as much about protecting others as protecting yourself--more about protecting others in your age group.
    The biggest reason to get vaccinated is that even if you get an asymptomatic infection you become a potential breeding ground for a dangerous variant.
    Let's make a deal. You boomers all put your homes up for sale, clean up the pollution of the past 70 years and eat a slice of avocado toast, and I'll get a shot to reduce my 0.00018% chance by 62%.

Today's news:
    COVID Vaccine Clinic At Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Put On Hold After 18 Patients Experience Adverse Side Effects
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/04/...-side-effects/

There have been some sincere responses from intelligent people, especially Summit. I appreciate the video and watched the entire thing. But the main argument to rush into this seem to be FUCK YOU JUST DO IT DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OR PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEVELOPING NEWS ON THIS NEW THING NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT.

We were scheduled for J&J today. Cancelled it. Kicked it around this afternoon and scheduled it for tomorrow. Thinking about cancelling again after the news out of Denver. No harm in waiting.

Uh oh. Bad J&J out there.

Don't take the brown acid.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/0...ng-goods-park/

Edit: whoops, beat me to it.

I think most people here in VT, are willing to do just about anything to crush this and move on with some normalcy, although I think there will never be the old normal. One positive note, I think we'll see a decline in workers going to work sick.
    Why? Are they going to get more sick days or get paid enough to skip a day or two? Really? Shit, how can they afford health insurance if they skip work?

When I got Pfizer shot 1 two weeks ago, i put my insurance information on the form becauuse, why not, I have health insurance. I got a check from BCBS today for $35. I wonder if I put my insurance info on the form for shot #2 next, if I'll get another $35.

Let's make a deal. You boomers all put your homes up for sale, clean up the pollution of the past 70 years and eat a slice of avocado toast, and I'll get a shot to reduce my 0.00018% chance by 62%.

Today's news:
    COVID Vaccine Clinic At Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Put On Hold After 18 Patients Experience Adverse Side Effects

There have been some sincere responses from intelligent people, especially Summit. I appreciate the video and watched the entire thing. But the main argument to rush into this seem to be FUCK YOU JUST DO IT DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OR PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEVELOPING NEWS ON THIS NEW THING NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT.

We were scheduled for J&J today. Cancelled it. Kicked it around this afternoon and scheduled it for tomorrow. Thinking about cancelling again after the news out of Denver. No harm in waiting.
    "Centura did not say what the symptoms were, only that they were “in-line with typical reactions,” according to medical experts."

So... maybe not actually a story?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    "Centura did not say what the symptoms were, only that they were “in-line with typical reactions,” according to medical experts."

So... maybe not actually a story?
    18 out of 1,777 who received the shot.

Of those 18, "15 people who experienced a reaction were monitored on site and sent home while three others were taken to the hospital for further observation. At least two of the three people who were hospitalized have been released."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Ever since early February, when some software volunteers debuted a website to help the public find COVID-19 vaccine appointments, they’ve had a unique window into the ebb and flow of what one engineer there dubbed “the spice.”

Who wants the vaccines, and who doesn’t? Where in the state are the shots snapped right up, and where are they left wanting?

They noticed one major trend right from the start.

“Once you start driving east from Seattle, for a few hours, you can find vaccine easily and readily available,” says Jessica Chong, a University of Washington assistant professor of genetics who is volunteering as a data scientist for the WA COVID Vaccine Finder, at covidwa.com.

This regional disparity in vaccine thirst was a curiosity at first, but now has become cause for concern.

“Tri-Citians slower than others to get the COVID vaccine,” the Herald newspaper reported this week. Thousands of vaccine appointments are available there, and most days the mass vaccination site at the Benton County fairgrounds hasn’t been able to fill all its slots.

“There seems to have been some reluctancy in a lot of citizens to be vaccinated,” the Pasco mayor said in that story.

State data spells it out. The 10 counties with the lowest vaccination rates have all seen 22% or fewer of their residents get the first shot so far — with nine of those 10 being red counties east of the Cascades.

That compares to 31% of the entire state starting the vaccination shots. One county — Jefferson, home of Port Townsend, on Puget Sound — has crossed over the 50% vaccinated threshold. King County sits slightly above the state average at 34%, according to state data as of April 3.

Why does this matter? Because public health officials say to reach herd immunity, to the point that life could return to a semblance of normal, 70% to 80% of state residents need to be immune. Unless you live in Jefferson County or the San Juan Islands (where 47% have gotten at least one shot), we are a looong way from reaching the herd goal.

In Eastern Washington in particular, segments of society appear to be in no mood to be a part of any herd.

“Government can kiss my ass,” posted the Franklin County Republican Central Committee, on the topic of getting vaccinated. This was on the official Facebook page of the county’s GOP organization! Franklin is in the Tri-Cities area; it’s probably not coincidental that it has the third worst vaccination rate in the state, at 18.7% (lower are Garfield County, at 18.5%, and Stevens County north of Spokane, at 17.3%).

Chelan County, in Central Washington, has a 39.5% vaccination rate, defying the general east-west trend.

Chong, the covidwa.com data scientist, said there are many reasons counties could have varied vaccination rates, such as age demographics, language barriers and driving distance to vaccination sites. But with appointments going unused in more rural counties, it can’t be vaccine scarcity anymore.

“This has been studied, though,” she added. “The No. 1 correlating factor for whether you’ll get the vaccine is whether you voted for Trump.”

Recent polls have indeed shown that nearly half of Republican men don’t intend to get the vaccine (GOP-voting women were more open to it). That could be simply resistance to a government program, or it could be part of a sentiment among many Republicans that the coronavirus was exaggerated, or even hyped to bring down former President Donald Trump.

A new survey for the Economist found that among these “vaccine rejecters,” more continue to trust Trump for sound medical advice than trust the CDC or Dr. Anthony Fauci. Trump did get vaccinated himself in January, but a majority of GOP voters told pollsters they hadn’t heard about that (nearly twice as many had heard the news about the Dr. Seuss books being pulled).

Vaccine skepticism is also one of those issues where the far right sometimes meets the far left, over on the back side. So getting all the way to 80% could be a stretch for any part of Washington state, red or blue.

“Without vaccine hesitancy, we’d be in really good shape,” Carl Bergstrom, a UW evolutionary biologist, said in a commentary the other day on herd immunity. “With vaccine hesitancy, it could be close here in the U.S. I’m hoping that much of the hesitancy we see is really more like … vaccine deliberation.”

Hope so, too. It’s perfectly understandable that people would be leery, or in “wait and see” mode. The data cited above suggests something else may be going on, though — something familiar and cultural that’s plagued us with the coronavirus from the start. Which is that America may just be too tribal and rebellious to get to where 80% of us ever agree to do anything.

It was nearly a year ago — and about 500,000 national deaths ago — that Clint Didier, Franklin County commissioner and local GOP chairman, suggested we go for herd immunity the old-fashioned way. “We can take care of this virus by letting the people catch it,” he said.

Even with a medicine now available, it seems like in some quarters that’s still the plan.

Danny Westneat: dwestneat@seattletimes.com; Danny Westneat takes an opinionated look at the Puget Sound region's news, people and politics.
    So, fuck em. Really. Like Harry said above, this is such an emotional relief to be vaxxed. I'm giving it until end of May into June, and if there's suddenly a group of low brows that refuse to get poked, hey, whatever. Good luck. I'm going back out to where ever I can.

Volunteered again today. There is nothing like seeing so many people excited to get vaxxed. Makes a soul sing and give you hope for an end to this covid nightmare.

Signed up for next Saturday. Kinda psyched to work opening day (the 15th).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Volunteered again today. There is nothing like seeing so many people excited to get vaxxed. Makes a soul sing and give you hope for an end to this covid nightmare.

Signed up for next Saturday. Kinda psyched to work opening day (the 15th).
    Thank you for doing that. I thanked all the volunteers I could when I got my first shot and will Monday when I get the second. You all are why we're able to get as many doses as we are, along with the nurses and others. But doing it as a volunteer doesn't pay with anything other than a thank you. So, thanks again.

Very scientifically optimistic take from an SME (Monica Gandhi): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000515794032

More guarded take from an SME (Paul Offit): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000516103607

Today's news:

Could you describe the circumstances that would need to occur for you to feel comfortable getting vaccinated for COVID-19?

Also, do you participate in any other risk reducing measures for things that have a relatively small chance of killing you? There are a lot of deaths from riding in vehicles, but your chances of dying each time you go for a drive somewhere are relatively low. Do you wear a seatbelt?
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 04-07-2021 at 11:21 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I’m fully vaccinated...was hesitant to do so, but a much younger healthier friend scared me with his COVID experience. Not that , that evens matters..there’s no rhyme or reason it seems.

Anyway, I got Pfizer, got lucky that my 2nd shot was actually less noticeable than the first.
    It is kind of freeing.
    I still wear a mask in most places in the city, but don’t think I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Thank you for doing that. I thanked all the volunteers I could when I got my first shot and will Monday when I get the second. You all are why we're able to get as many doses as we are, along with the nurses and others. But doing it as a volunteer doesn't pay with anything other than a thank you. So, thanks again.
    That's kind of you. I don't really feel like I'm doing all that much.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism