Page 116 of 929 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Okay... here's the deal:

Called WWCH (left message). They called me back several hours later and said I needed to either:

1. wait until May 1st when the state opens up to everyone or
    2. volunteer at the vax site

Went online to sign up to volunteer - all opportunities are currently filled for the Saturday clinic. Will check back later.

They did mention that no jabs are going to waste as they only thaw out to meet the days scheduled appointments.
    Not getting wasted but not deployed in a timely manner, either. Public entities have their hands tied. 1,070 empty slots today.

Try Safeway, Wal-Mart or some other private source.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ibuprofen hinders your body’s response.

Now you can be an asymptomatic carrier.

Congratulations
    Funny how the PR's resident Dunning-Kruger poster boy states this with such authority.

Just like his ridonkulous misreading of CDC mask data.

Oh, I forgot, CS has several advanced degrees in Interwebz Epidemiology, Virology and Immunology. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Not getting wasted but not deployed in a timely manner, either. Public entities have their hands tied. 1,070 empty slots today.

Try Safeway, Wal-Mart or some other private source.
    True but they have been highly efficient in getting eligible people both shots (they automatically make your 2nd appt for you).

Currently in W2 there is only one vax site and that is the Fairgrounds.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Can you travel further afield, even to volunteer?

rite-aid seem to have the most available slots, at least in california -- terrible interface, you have to click on every store one at a time, without knowing if they are even giving out shots there. but some locations, especially in the central valley, have 100+ daily appointments every day that are just getting wasted because no one is signing up

Damn my arm hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Can you travel further afield, even to volunteer?
    Tri-Cities would be the nearest and that's a 2 hr round trip plus I'm sure they have all the volunteers they need (pop. 200K+). Theirs is a drive-up clinic so it might be different too. I believe they have/had the national guard there helping.

I'll keep checking volunteer ops locally. I think we have clinics twice a week. Who knows, maybe the Governor will open it before May. Things seem to be changing on a weekly basis.

Our cases are <25. Did see on the news tonight that Washington was one of the states with rising cases. Nothing like Michigan but on the radar. In Michigan they said the issue was the UK variant don't know if that's what's going on here.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Bigger population means more volunteer opportunities perhaps?

Okay Tri-City mags, step up and let us know how KQ can find volunteer spots in your area.

True but they have been highly efficient in getting eligible people both shots (they automatically make your 2nd appt for you).

Currently in W2 there is only one vax site and that is the Fairgrounds.
    WW is using the same scheduling platform as where I went. It's pretty slick, very efficient.

The State should follow Idaho's lead (and others) and allow expanding eligibility by region based on demand. Idaho opened the Panhandle to anyone over 16 due to open schedules and adequate vaccine supply.

Good luck, I think you should just claim agriculture and get the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You could play a great game of "I Spy" with that photo. There's a lot going on in the front seat of that 4Runner.
    He's the yota slagg man.

Maybe lay off the fucking chems and hydrate for the recert? Nah, fuck it bruh. More jah.

SFB is like a moraman FastFeddie. But they won't admit it to themselves how dumzo they beo.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    California opens up vaccine eligibility to 50+ starting on April 1, and to all adults (16+) on April 15. I'm guessing appointments will be tough to get, at least initially. I just read that roughly 75% of the 65+ folks (in my Bay Area county) have now received at least a first shot. Progress...
    Not Contra Costa by any chance?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The patriots who brought you Qanon have turned their attention to the vaccines.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/u...i-vaccine.html

Injection site a little sore, otherwise ok at 18:30 post Pfizer #1 stab.

Those V-Safe folks could skip having to have all of their IT infrastructure and just follow this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This kind of fear based thinking has been around for millennia and to some extent we all do it with this that and the other thing be it a deity in the sky, nature or agencies/companies/etc.

Down the way from me is a mass grave where the victims of the Whitman massacre are buried. The Cayuse tribe killed them because they believed Marcus Whitman poisoned 200 Cayuse with his medical care. They were getting sick and dying and it was from contact with the settlers but it wasn't what they thought. Of course the Cayuse had a habit of killing their medicine men when they couldn't fix what was wrong so go figure.

Human nature I guess.
    Last edited by KQ; 03-26-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Shot #1 moderna. wed afternoon. last night / 24 hr later Feel like someone knocked the shit outta my shoulder with a led pipe otherwise nothin.
    "Can't you see..."

Here's hoping Dominion's attorneys are already on the phone with Pfizer, ModeRNA, J&J etc. If not, those of us with compromised immune systems need to form a class. (Cue the "no one can be stupid enough to believe..." defense.)

This kind of fear based thinking has been around for millennia and to some extent we all do it with this that and the other thing be it a deity in the sky, nature or agencies/companies/etc.

Down the way from me is a mass grave where the victims of the Whitman massacre are buried. The Cayuse tribe killed them because they believed Marcus Witman poisoned 200 Cayuse with his medical care. They were getting sick and dying and it was from contact with the settlers but it wasn't what they thought. Of course the Cayuse had a habit of killing their medicine men when they could fix what was wrong so go figure.

Human nature I guess.
    But the Cayuse didn't have internet.
    I wonder if we could swing a trade with China--Q followers for Uighurs. Seems like a win-win, except for the Qanons.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Injection site a little sore, otherwise ok at 18:30 post Pfizer #1 stab.
    Yeah, I was stabbed yesterday morning with Pfizer. No reaction at all. Went mtn biking last evening and no issues. The injection site is a bit tender, like a bruise to the touch.

But the Cayuse didn't have internet.
    I wonder if we could swing a trade with China--Q followers for Uighurs. Seems like a win-win, except for the Qanons.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Not Contra Costa by any chance?
    San Mateo Co. I imagine other Bay Area counties have similar numbers though.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    20 hours out from Pfizer #2. Great power hour at the gym this AM. Still feel totally normal. Hoping my body is just crushing it vs. delayed reaction later tonight.

24 hrs from Pfizer #1, my arm is sore. Surprised that I have a dry, scratchy throat and feel kind of tired, like I am getting a cold. Maybe I am getting a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    24 hrs from Pfizer #1, my arm is sore. Surprised that I have a dry, scratchy throat and feel kind of tired, like I am getting a cold. Maybe I am getting a cold.
    Nah... That's similar to my experience. You'll be right as rain tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I've not been good with lying, but figured many were. I live 4 hours from Walla Walla. Should I just get in the car with the family this weekend and go for it? I could not see any way to sign up as all take you through the questions. Do folks that get symptoms get them fairly quickly, or would I be good with the 4 hour drive home after hypothetically getting the shot?
    Wait... before you leave home did you see this?

Note: Given the limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine available at this time and Washington's commitment to equitable and fair access, those seeking COVID-19 vaccines at this clinic location you must either live or work, or get your medical care in Washington state.

However.....

Per state guidance, as of March 31, the Phase Finder Tool will no longer be required to verify vaccine eligibility. Instead, Walla Walla County will use the self-verification checkbox on the DCH COVID website as the sole method of eligibility verification. Everyone interested in receiving a vaccine still needs to qualify under the eligible phases of the Washington State Vaccine Distribution plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Just got my second Pfizer. The first one kinda fucked me up. Hoping this second one isn't as bad as some have had it. I gotta workout tomorrow AM and ski pow!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Got the first pfizer. It resulted in no side effects. Pharmacist said if you get symptoms after the first shot that you probably already had Covid-19... She also said that getting symptoms means your immune system is working well and that you're developing more antibodies than those who don't get symptoms from the vaccine. Just throwing her thoughts out to the collective for review and comment