Page 448 of 929 FirstFirst ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,200 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Should we give booster shots to Americans, or give our supply to the rest of the world who hasn't been vaccinated? What is happening in the US is trivial when the virus is still able to mutate everywhere else. But giving our supply to other countries doesn't win any votes, even if that is the fastest path to end the pandemic.
    I'm guessing that the big problem in getting vaccines to a lot of the world isn't supply but delivery due to lack of organizational, logistical and public health infrastructure. The mRNA vaccines are particularly problematic, unless it is found that the cold requirement can be eased somewhat. It does make sense for developed countries to give all the J and J and AZ to less developed country and rely on Moderna and Pfizer here for now.

Or maybe I'm just rationalizing

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Why is she so pissed about being denied a test for a fake pandemic? Why is she even requesting one?

She knows that as long as she waits a couple hours in between contradictory rants her followers will not make the connection.

She has a point. It must feel great to say fuck you to an asshole like that but it's not the place of health care providers--which a testing center is--to decide who is morally worthy of care. Probably every one of us has some moral flaw that some HCP would find objectionable. What if the only local ER refused to care for masturbators--where would we be then?

^^^Could they administer the test and report “subject was found to be a fuckwit cunt” without violating ethics standards?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    She has a point. It must feel great to say fuck you to an asshole like that but it's not the place of health care providers--which a testing center is--to decide who is morally worthy of care. Probably every one of us has some moral flaw that some HCP would find objectionable. What if the only local ER refused to care for masturbators--where would we be then?
    Well we don't know exactly why Owens was asking for a COVID test. Since she doesn't believe in COVID being a threat and opposes vaccination, it was probably not a diagnostic test appointment for COVID symptoms, but a pre-travel screening test in which case it is at personal discretion to get the test for personal travel. Community test sites can refuse these as free tests and charge or refer to pay-for-test businesses, which can refuse as any private business can.

Maybe that is the case here... "Owens claimed that she signed up for a local test in Aspen to meet her busy travel schedule" "Owens said she regularly gets tested because she travels often"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm guessing that the big problem in getting vaccines to a lot of the world isn't supply but delivery due to lack of organizational, logistical and public health infrastructure. The mRNA vaccines are particularly problematic, unless it is found that the cold requirement can be eased somewhat. It does make sense for developed countries to give all the J and J and AZ to less developed country and rely on Moderna and Pfizer here for now.

Or maybe I'm just rationalizing

How would they know, is there a masturbation passport?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Could they administer the test and report “subject was found to be a fuckwit cunt” without violating ethics standards?
    Actually... if they administered a test on Candace Owens and came back with anything other than "subject was found to be a fuckwit cunt" they would be violating ethics standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Furry palms

You can always tell the masturbators - They are breathing…

Would you feel compelled to help save someone who purposefully hurt your family?

And wouldn't masturbators be at the eye clinic instead of the ER?

They denied her medical service because of her views on a subject. That is straight up bullshit. So what if her views end up costing lives. What if she was a huge proponent of teenagers smoking cigarettes. That could cost lives, but you wouldn't deny her service for that. Even if her test is just for personal travel. As long as she is complying with rules, what the fuck should anyone care? This will just fire up her followers and cause them to dig in their heals even more.

This will just fire up her followers and cause them to dig in their heals even more.
    ^^^ Obviously one of them. You really don’t have to prove to us every day that you’re a douchebag, but somehow you feel it’s necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What a cunt.
    Who the hell is Candace Owens and why does anyone care what she thinks?

I refuses to google her and that was a rhetorical question, I really don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    ^^^ Obviously one of them. You really don’t have to prove to us every day that you’re a douchebag, but somehow you feel it’s necessary.
    I can't believe he was always like this but it does seem like every damn day he's in here (and other threads) fucking that chicken.

They denied her medical service because of her views on a subject. That is straight up bullshit. So what if her views end up costing lives. What if she was a huge proponent of teenagers smoking cigarettes. That could cost lives, but you wouldn't deny her service for that. Even if her test is just for personal travel. As long as she is complying with rules, what the fuck should anyone care? This will just fire up her followers and cause them to dig in their heals even more.
    fuck no. a swab for travel is like going to get your teeth cleaned - she can go elsewhere. private business and all that. if a travel clinic doesn't want your stupid ass in their place of business to give you a yellow fever vaccine that is not some ethical violation. mags equating this with a patient in a medical clinic or ER are getting riled up while ignoring the reality of the situation. go at least a little deeper before hitting all caps with the outrage.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Who the hell is Candace Owens and why does anyone care what she thinks?

I refuses to google her and that was a rhetorical question, I really don’t care.

QFT. Fuck her.

Advocating for teens to smoke seems a rather strange hill to die on, shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    go at least a little deeper before hitting all caps with the outrage.
    I'll admit I don't know all the details of her testing, other than what's been written in this thread. Hell, I had no idea who she was until she was mentioned in this thread. I know she is anti-vax, but have no idea why she is famous or even has followers.

Anyway, in my city, which is more liberal than average, the only private testing I am aware of would be big corporate places like Walgreens. And I couldn't see them getting away with this. My city is one of the more diverse places in the PNW. It's a bit of a sore spot here that the wealthier, whiter areas around Seattle have the highest vax rates. And father south you go it gets more diverse, and a lower vax rate. It makes sense that this happened in Aspen.

The teen smoking comparison; not the best. I was going to say anit-vaxer but that wouldn't make sense. There has got to be other whack jobs out there with fucked up views who have lots of young, impressionable followers. I'm just sick of all of this tearing our country apart.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I have never heard of any ethical prohibition against calling someone a fuckwit cunt, as long as it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Well we don't know exactly why Owens was asking for a COVID test. Since she doesn't believe in COVID being a threat and opposes vaccination, it was probably not a diagnostic test appointment for COVID symptoms, but a pre-travel screening test in which case it is at personal discretion to get the test for personal travel. Community test sites can refuse these as free tests and charge or refer to pay-for-test businesses, which can refuse as any private business can.

Maybe that is the case here... "Owens claimed that she signed up for a local test in Aspen to meet her busy travel schedule" "Owens said she regularly gets tested because she travels often"
    I missed the thing about it being a pre travel test. I have no ethical problem with refusing her that. One could argue that it's an ethical violation to facilitate a non vaccinated person traveling by air, although that's quite a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Would you feel compelled to help save someone who purposefully hurt your family?

And wouldn't masturbators be at the eye clinic instead of the ER?
    If I go blind I'm going to the ER.

My kid is an AF surgeon, currently deployed. He is trained to treat enemy combatants and treat them well regardless of what they've done. Not that every military doc has always done that.
    I've never cared for anyone who harmed my family but I've treated some pretty horrible people-- mother rapers, father stabbers, father rapers--sent over from Folsom and Vacaville prison after someone stabbed or shot them. You take care of them just like they were you're beloved 4th grade teacher who got you interested in science. (Theoretical example, I didn't like my 4th grade teacher.)

I don't know where the line is but there has to be one and I put someone who actively undermines public health across it.

and despite the fervent protestations of a prolific poster, the ACLU does in fact support vaccine mandates--

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/02/o...smid=url-share

I never said ACLU was against mandates, they have concerns with vaccine IDs. You guys can't read. You just want someone to hate.

I've never cared for anyone who harmed my family but I've treated some pretty horrible people-- mother rapers, father stabbers, father rapers--sent over from Folsom and Vacaville prison after someone stabbed or shot them. You take care of them just like they were you're beloved 4th grade teacher who got you interested in science. (Theoretical example, I didn't like my 4th grade teacher.)
    Old goat says it much more eloquently than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Advocating for teens to smoke seems a rather strange hill to die on, shrug.
    Listen kids, getting high is by far the best way to deal with high school, and smoking cigs is by far the best way to cover up weed smoke smell.

I'll admit I don't know all the details of her testing, other than what's been written in this thread. Hell, I had no idea who she was until she was mentioned in this thread. I know she is anti-vax, but have no idea why she is famous or even has followers.

Anyway, in my city, which is more liberal than average, the only private testing I am aware of would be big corporate places like Walgreens. And I couldn't see them getting away with this. My city is one of the more diverse places in the PNW. It's a bit of a sore spot here that the wealthier, whiter areas around Seattle have the highest vax rates. And father south you go it gets more diverse, and a lower vax rate. It makes sense that this happened in Aspen.

The teen smoking comparison; not the best. I was going to say anit-vaxer but that wouldn't make sense. There has got to be other whack jobs out there with fucked up views who have lots of young, impressionable followers. I'm just sick of all of this tearing our country apart.
    Walgreens...got my family tested there prior to traveling to Hawaii. It was all via the drive thru...self administered the tests while the pharmacist watched and directed. The antivaxxer should have gone there...safer for all involved...but she probably wanted the attention
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just learned today that my brother’s SIL tested positive on Friday. (this would be the SIL of my brother’s BIL who has Long Covid…). Unvaxxed, lives in rural Georgia, belongs to a Baptist church that handles snakes and speaks in tongues, 2nd grade teacher at a private school (I.e. white people only.) Extremely fat, has anger management issues, and is a complete know it all about every subject under the sun.

Reason she got tested ? On Friday as she was getting off a cruise ship in Florida they pointed a temperature gun at her and detected fever. They made her get tested and bingo. Vax was required to get on ship. I know she is unvaxxed so obviously used a fake card. Isn’t lying covered by the Ten Commandments ?

I could honestly care less if she lives or dies at this point.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    UPDATE

Her husband (so my brother’s brother-in-law’s brother-in-law, got that ?) has been sleeping in the same bed with her every night, un vaxxed, unmasked, and going to work everyday, unmasked. Today at work he started running a fever, but finished out his shift….

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

It would be like Shrodinger’s Passport. The pages would all be stuck together

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It would be like Shrodinger’s Passport. The pages would all be stuck together
    True on so many levels. Well done