Page 849 of 929 FirstFirst ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 23206

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    So did you get up and leave? If not, then you should consider taking some time to consider how your judgements of someone you just called your friend makes you the problem.

Never ceases to disappoint me how polarizing this topic is. Getting vaxxed does not, and will not ever give you the right to treat others as less than. Get over yourselves.
    Maybe come back to this statement tomorrow & see if it still makes sense to you

covid is a transmissible disease; it isn’t a political statement

So did you get up and leave? .... Getting vaxxed does not, and will not ever give you the right to treat others as less than.
    So you're advocating "get up and leave" as a way to protect the not-less-than, or ?

So did you get up and leave? If not, then you should consider taking some time to consider how your judgements of someone you just called your friend makes you the problem.

Never ceases to disappoint me how polarizing this topic is. Getting vaxxed does not, and will not ever give you the right to treat others as less than. Get over yourselves.
    This!

Not sure I fully understand your post. AITA for being vaxxed?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

yes, it is disappointing this is a polarizing issue. but I see the issues differently --

Why would someone announce during dinner that she is unvaccinated ?

If you do not believe that vaccination reduces transmission of the virus, we probably can't have a discussion about this ;

why do you believe the only option was to get-up during dinner and leave (?)

your risk may be minimal - mine is not
    ( your risk assessment probably does not apply, and that doesn't make my risk assessment any less valid. And it is a significant leap to equate it to 'judgement' . )

it's Not being vaccinated that leads to the 'judgement (pnw's term) ' but rather the decision to not-vaccinate.

5000 ( five thousand ) died last week with covid -
    ( the epidemic of the unvaccinated )

" freedom" my butt.

Thank you for being vaccinated - and boostered.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

+1 well said. Thank you. tj

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Are you advocating for the judgement of others based on their personal choice?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So you're advocating "get up and leave" as a way to protect the not-less-than, or ?
    I'm just curious if she'd be willing to get up and leave? She's willing to come on here and talk behind her "friend's" back.

If one is to make a judgement about another person, isn’t that judgement often based on the other’s personal choices?

We’re always judged for our choices. That’s life.

Better than judging people on something out of their control like sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    We’re always judged for our choices. That’s life.

Better than judging people on something out of their control like sexual orientation.
    I judge people based on their character not their sexual orientation, color of skin, vaxx status etc. I sure as hell wouldn’t come on here to talk behind a “friends” back about whether they are vaxx’d or not. It was a weird post. Telling of someone’s character.

Funny that you would be criticizing someone for judging. Isn't that exactly what you're doing?
    As far as "talking behind her friend's back"--that would imply she's talking to people who know her friend, not anonymous strangers on the internet who don't even know who KQ is.

It is worth mentioning that with the current variants it probably makes little difference whether you're eating dinner with someone who's vaccinated or unvaccinated. Unless someone has been recently boosted the vaccines aren't dong a very good job of preventing people from carrying the virus or getting mildly ill from it.

you are missing the forest for the trees

let's say you go on a date with someone & they decide to tell you they have mono as you say goodbye

it's not an issue of judging someone for having mono

the issue is that person didn't think that them having mono was anyone's business but their own even as they choose to kiss you goodnight

what is jarringly ironic is that you are so vested in this idea that people should respect others' independence, but, at the same time, you don't think other people deserve respect in kind for their health and safety

the fact that KQ posted about the interaction here also doesn't void her friendship
    further, the idea of kq getting up & leaving doesn't demonstrate any kind of respect, just some invented idea of thought purity

Well. I'm still pretty bitter at the subset of folks who chose to make the pandemic worse by being anti vaxx AND anti mask. They have blood on their hands. We're supposed to just make nicey nice now? The folks who were stringently one OR the other I can eventually agree to disagree with. They put their money where their mouth is. I've run into a few anti-vaxx who were very much pro mask, social distancing, all of it. I disagree with their decision on the vaxx, however I respect that they gave a shit and did the rest. The folks who vaxxed and stopped doing the rest early on, I also disagree with their decision, but I see where they were coming from. It's the nihilists who don't give a shit and thought it was all a hoax or whatever line of BS that I'm going to have a hard time welcoming back into the family.

the irony for me is that the people who are complaining about "polarization" are the ones making a partisan issue of a medical issue (highly transmissible disease)

no one is choosing to get covid
    but there are, for sure, people choosing to not take any of the measurable steps that might help stave it off
    (masking, distancing, tracking/notifying, vaccinating)

and meanwhile, it continues to kill
    we are on the threshold of 1M US deaths due to covid

' It was a weird post. '

unless you understand some of the background -

Would your 'judgement' be the same If you were the primary caregiver for an elderly parent ?
    would your 'judgement' be the same if you were old enough that Age is a risk factor ?

I don't understand why it was necessary during dinner to declare that one is Unvaccinated... (?)

it's interesting to see some try to turn this on the poster -
    ... do you know her friend ?

( I don't see that she has identified her friend -
    but if you equate that to 'talking behind someone's back' and relating a personal experience is a character flaw.,

I probably need to take a course in sensitivity. )

Thank you for being vaccinated - and boostered. tj

I might have smiled at my friend and said "Thanks for sharing. I guess? 100 people will die from it while we eat but I'm protected. How's your soup?"
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

NWSkier is right. There is no connection between the personal choices people make and their character. No connection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I judge people based on their character not their sexual orientation, color of skin, vaxx status etc. I sure as hell wouldn’t come on here to talk behind a “friends” back about whether they are vaxx’d or not. It was a weird post. Telling of someone’s character.
    Skin color and vax status are completely different things. Being unvaccinated by choice tells me a lot about someone. Being black tells me very little.

People’s choices shape their character. Do you judge drunk drivers? Or is it just their choice?

Yeah, WTF? Of course I judge people on their choices, especially choices that impact others and society as a whole. That's the criteria we should use to judge people.

Covid denial and refusal to mask should be equated to drunk driving. The two choices are so similar, and yet no one gets on Team Drive Drunk as an expression of tribalism and freedumb.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I'm just curious if she'd be willing to get up and leave? She's willing to come on here and talk behind her "friend's" back.
    Talk behind her back? I relayed a situation I was a party to. I stated facts. Are you saying a person can't talk about things unless all people who are part of a story are there to state their part?

I didn't say anything other than what she said, that she was unvaxxed. How is that talking behind her back?

This is a thread about vaccination isn't it?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

I don't understand why it was necessary during dinner to declare that one is Unvaccinated... (?)
    Very odd. Seems like you would mention that before joining the group if you cared? I don't see a plausible reason to bring it up during the get together. I do see ugly reasons to bring it up though after being with the group for a while.

Why would it matter?
    If you’re vaccinated, then you’re protecting yourself from bad symptoms and hospitalization.

This is the part I really don’t get. Who cares what their status is after all we’ve learned from Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Talk behind her back? I relayed a situation I was a party to. I stated facts. Are you saying a person can't talk about things unless all people who are part of a story are there to state their part?

I didn't say anything other than what she said, that she was unvaxxed. How is that talking behind her back?

This is a thread about vaccination isn't it?
    Maybe the inland NW clique is trying to make it about virtue signaling? Think of all the people being judged by their actions for God’s sake.

What else is there to judge someone on except choice and action? That’s what defines someone’s character. How can someone confuse gender and ethnicity with vaccination status?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Why would it matter?
    If you’re vaccinated, then you’re protecting yourself from bad symptoms and hospitalization.

This is the part I really don’t get. Who cares what their status is after all we’ve learned from Covid?
    cuz we're still passing it around
    vax status being central to how quickly that happens, not to mention mutation continues as long as it has hosts
    & not getting it is still important to many of us