Page 502 of 929 FirstFirst ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I don't know why people blame the covid numbers on Republicans/Trumpers...

https://www.ksl.com/article/50242296...1885-new-cases
    what pisses me off about that is it’s still framed as virus vs. economy, not the reality of you only get the economy fully back when the virus is well under control

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Be careful out there

Attachment 385312
    Health Minister of Trinidad & Tobago sez there is no case of swollen testicles after a vax reported in his country...
    https://twitter.com/KevzPolitics
    The fact that he even had a presser for this is sad...

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Someone mentioned myocarditis recently.
    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...nts-and-the-uk

Summary, myocarditis and other conditions exist. Covid is worse for all sexes and age groups. Get your shots. Also, this epidemiologist makes several weekly blog posts on Covid topics. She analyzes and summarizes knowledge from multiple studies.
    I'll wager $37 skidog won't be willing to listen to the rational thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I don't know why people blame the covid numbers on Republicans/Trumpers...

https://www.ksl.com/article/50242296...1885-new-cases
    There's something so satisfying when your perception is confirmed by cold hard data.

Quote Originally Posted by https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ruso.12404
    Multi-variate regression analysis found that political views were the most important variable explaining per capita COVID-19 cases, while measures of disadvantage were the best predictors of COVID-19 deaths. Counties with high proportions of Trump voters had higher per capita cases, and in nonmetro areas, these counties had higher death rates.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    imagine.... being so feeble-minded that you will just believe anything you hear because it reinforces your faulty world view.
    Unfortunately that tendency is equally prevalent among the feeble-minded and the macho-minded (is that the opposite of feeble minded).

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Jesus was a monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Keep going. You're doing great today. Put your back into it.
    Seriously, just put your mask on when you go outside.

Remember when duh ScIeNCe said arrest those outside by themselves without a mask. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...virus-closures

Nobody wants to smell your ironic coffee breath anyways.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I guess all these folks are either just too stupid to "follow the science", or maybe theyre all just Trumptards...? On TGR those are the only 2 options...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...andate-lawsuit
    I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that a police department well known for brutality against minorities is full of ignorant Trumptards.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Remember when duh ScIeNCe said arrest those outside by themselves without a mask. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...virus-closures

This post makes sense

And to prove your point you link an article that has nothing to do with arresting someone for being outside without a mask? Nicely done, as usual.

Holy fuck you are going senile old man.

I tried to order an ironic coffee at the OG Cruisin today, but all they gave me was regular coffee.

So disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    More data from the UK about vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant:

• Older groups see the most waning against infection, much less for under 65
    • 3 week interval between doses offers less protection than longer intervals
    • The mRNA vaccines are slightly more effective at conferring immunity
    • Protection against hospitalization shows very little waning for those without underlying health conditions
    • Even for +65, very little waning against severe illness without underlying health conditions
    • Very little waning against protection from death
    • Healthy people likely don't need boosters to protect from severe outcomes but boosters appear to protect from infection over the shorter study time period
    • The UK will offer boosters to nursing home residents, followed by +50, frontline health care, and all adults with underlying health conditions

Something to keep in mind is Delta studies are based on real-world data, which are influenced not only by variant transmissibility but also by overall population immunity, prevalence, and human behavior. So lower vax rates in the US probably explains why we're seeing worse outcomes.

https://khub.net/documents/135939561...8-11ba2c6f5801
    Looking at Table 1, Spikevax (Moderna) is looking strong against symptomatic infection. Quite a bit better than the other two. Would be nice to see more data in the longer time periods (to tighten the uncertainty range).

Also, I have a different take on the waning immunity vs symptomatic infection than some. Looks to like boosting back to original effectiveness cuts the risk of infection in half. That to me is a good argument for a booster, especially during any surge. Yes, boosting from 80% to 90% is "only" a 10% effectiveness increase - but, turning that around, infection chance drops from 20% to 10%, a 50% risk reduction.

I also wonder if AZ, Pfizer folks should prefer boosting with Moderna. Does a Moderna boost give the same benefits as if they had Moderna originally? The immune system is complicated enough it may not work that way. Perhaps the Canadian mix and match studies give some hints.

Salt - my speculation, preprint, etc.

FWIW (which I know is $0)

I work as an RN in an emergency department in a Northern Rockies freedumb state. Shit is blowing up right now, worse than ever. Overwhelming majority of covid cases I see are unvaccinated freedumbers. I do occasionally see some breakthrough cases, all of which are fat and/or old. The vast majority are discharged, but it's always the antivaxers that throw an irrational fit: "I'm really sick!!! I need to stay in the hospital!!! Give me another warm blanket now!!!!" despite stable vitals, negative imaging and blood work. The worst is when you're trying to discharge them out of a room to flip it for one of the 30 people who have been in the waiting room for 4 hours and they have a psychotic meltdown. I'm not one to call security unless I feel physically endangered, but I'm afraid it's going to be necessary just to get the mildly sick narcissistic freedumbers out to make room for others. I get that I signed up for this shit when I decided to be an ER nurse, but its getting pretty stale pretty fast.

You didn't sign up for THIS shit. It's hard to imagine that a segment of the population could be so harmfully selfish and narcissist. Sending vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfoot View Post
    The vast majority are discharged, but it's always the antivaxers that throw an irrational fit: "I'm really sick!!! I need to stay in the hospital!!! Give me another warm blanket now!!!!" despite stable vitals, negative imaging and blood work. The worst is when you're trying to discharge them out of a room to flip it for one of the 30 people who have been in the waiting room for 4 hours and they have a psychotic meltdown.
    So you're telling us that some of them don't think it's all a hoax anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So rather than criticizing the examples of anti vaxers who have gotten severely ill and maybe died recently, some very high profile skeptics.. why not post some examples of pro vaxxers who got severely ill or were killed by the vaccine... or by the virus??

i am a mac user and my main search engine got changed to bing.com by itself

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    ^^^ Reddit/HermanCainAward special. That page is terrifying , depressing and senseless all at once

Yeh but I'm vaxxed. All you idiots seem to ignore that fact. I'll get my 9 yr old vaxxed as soon as the FDA gets off their asses. Doesn't mean I don't see the other studies. You can't ignore natural immunity. Fuck NPR (which I'm sure you idiots eat up) ran a piece on super immunity or some shit. Was posted in this very thread. You all ignored it.

I did not post it ....I believe one of "the Borg" actually mightve.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    imagine.... being so feeble-minded that you will just believe anything you hear because it reinforces your faulty world view.
    Sounds like 90% of this board.

Y'all think you're magical geniuses. Few medical types say what you like to hear and like skiing....fuck yeah...that's how I lean....just ignore the rest. Those other MDs and nurses and first responders are all just crazy stupid people. Should be cleansed from the earth.

You should really listen to yourselves. Bunch of "my way or the highway" fuckwads.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeh but I'm
    It was probably a good post in some way. Catchy, glib, ironic, amusing. I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Her lungs and heart are likely damaged - but if she survives she'll be added to the "covid doesn't kill young or healthy people" line of thinking. And she'll spend the rest of her life dealing with the after effects. And when that heart failure kicks in later in life she likely won't connect it to that time she almost died.

It's like the dumbfucks saying shit like they are "admitted to hospital with covid *and with pneumonia". Like they can't admit that covid is what they have and what is causing them to struggle to breathe. Can't admit that the hoax pandemic is real.
    Thanks for the 1000 ft view doc...you seen her charts I assume? Got it all figured....she's fucked cause you guess it.

What’s the over/under on reinfection for the unvaxed? I’ve read many accounts of people being catching it twice. Is there literature on the severity of the reinfected? Currently, is it possibly to become a recurring cycle if variants become more infectious, or immunity wains enough, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What’s the over/under on reinfection for the unvaxed? I’ve read many accounts of people being catching it twice. Is there literature on the severity of the reinfected? Currently, is it possibly to become a recurring cycle if variants become more infectious, or immunity wains enough, etc.?
    That's why we were told no herd immunity through infection, right? Pretty sure Huskydoc just mentioned signing a death cert for reinfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'd do the same for someone saying on a public platform that seatbelts are a personal choice and that they don't work and then was ejected from a vehicle in a rollover. Then I would send thoughts and payers because those seem to help.

I might poke fun of them when they say the ground injured them, not that they didn't wear seatbelts. All part of god's plan.
    Totally same..fyi. the only ones who die from not wearing seatbelts are those that die from that choice. Only one who benefits if they don't? Insurance companies...someone not wearing a seatbelt will likely never kill you because of it. Maybe but million to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Yeah I only said that like a week ago and got the Bs about how the variants or blah blah blah, but you know since you mostly follow the "Borg" it's all good and we will say yeah "could be".

Retards.

Hey skidouche

I live with a medical provider who has worked for a year and a half to treat freedumb antivaxxers in this community and I’m calling straight bullshit on your claims that there is anywhere near a consensus of medical professionals that think post infection natural immunity is any more effective, not to mention lower risk, to the individual or their communities than the vaccines. Not one of the providers in their group would agree with you either. In fact the medical community is sick of this shit.

We all listen to the other side, we just have the ability to recognize straight bullshit when we hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That's why we were told no herd immunity through infection, right? Pretty sure Huskydoc just mentioned signing a death cert for reinfected.
    Also no herd immunity because of new humans entering the world and the increase in R0 for delta moved the goal posts. Eventually huskydoc (i missed that post-can’t keep up) will likely sign a certificate for somebody vaxed…. But, we got the people with the too big mics that seem to influence policy (ie Gandhi) indicating that those infected should be getting “passes,” like what Israel has done. Eventually, if there’s cyclical rounds of reinfections, the likelihood of getting long covid or cumulatively more severe symptoms…. Where’s that messaging.