Page 552 of 621 FirstFirst ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... LastLast
Results 13,776 to 13,800 of 15519
  1. #13776
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    says the one who blindly follows some dude on an ski based internet site for "expert covid advice" Don't think I ever heard MU or ANY other for that matter say they were "experts" in immunology.
    Projecting much?

  2. #13777
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    just this particular vaccine. I donít see a difference between this and the flu for a person in my current situation (had Covid, still had antibodies as of 2 months ago). Everyone can say whatever they want about it being tried and tested and true but those same people would never go out and buy a 1st year overhaul redesigned vehicle because you donít know the long term effects. Granted we donít know the long term effects of Covid either but it appears to mutate at a rate much like the seasonal flu (every year thereís a different variety that needs a new booster shot).

    if youíre old, immuno-compromised, high risk/whatever else - by all means, go and protect yourself. I donít see it as necessary for myself. However, when you start to bar those people in the same spot as me from participating in society, thatís where I start to have a problem. Iím not out running around spreading misinformation or saying itís a democrat conspiracy; I just donít think itís a necessary risk due to already having antibodies. And now, Iím not going to be allowed to have a job because I wonít get a ďlife-saving vaccineĒ that needs a booster every year? I wasnít stopped from having a job before for not having a flu vaccineÖ where does it stop?

    Iíd be willing to guess the people in the ďknowĒ on here are all 50+ and love telling the younger population how much better the good old day were when everyone just shut up and did their duty
    Covid is not the flu, 5 million people died from it in a year and a half

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  3. #13778
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not to mention in reality its far from a threat to be banned from here...place been going down hill for years,
    "the world has turned and left me here"

  4. #13779
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    They told you to tread carefully. Detailed why. And this is how you behave. Think about it. Maybe step away for a day or two. You're a little too caught up in it. Its not your "real life" integrity that's called into question, it's your behavior here - in this thread.
    I think itís self loathing that he admitted to trolling (IE - not arguing seriously) and is now realizing Ö.. no one takes him seriously.

  5. #13780
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    They told you to tread carefully. Detailed why. And this is how you behave. Think about it. Maybe step away for a day or two. You're a little too caught up in it. Its not your "real life" integrity that's called into question, it's your behavior here - in this thread.
    yep because its bullshit. I am being accused of something i NEVER did...never once...because my views differ I am lumped in with some others that may or may not have spread "misinformation" (which we have little definition of beyond what the resident medical experts here say).

    Prove where I EVER spread misinformation and I gladly accept a timeout, outright ban, whatever. If not then its just another example of being shut up because we dont like what you say...keep on dividing folks..it'll help
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  6. #13781
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Projecting much?
    never claimed to be any expert..just posting links and thoughts of my own....but nobody can have those if they dont align with the greater majority. those ideas are just "right wing anti vax" talking points...

    Now it appears though that some here believe MU and others to be some sort of experts and their word is to be taken gospel. Who here can personally vouch for ANY of the medical or scientific "experts" on TGR? What makes them the authority over some other Dr that wrote and actual PUBLISHED article and took part in an ACTUAL Study on this stuff as their daily profession? Do we disagree simply because we dont like what they say? Sure seems that way here..

    Again...feel free to find anything in this entire shitshow thread where i posted misinformation. I challenge you.
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  7. #13782
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yep because its bullshit. I am being accused of something i NEVER did...never once...because my views differ I am lumped in with some others that may or may not have spread "misinformation" (which we have little definition of beyond what the resident medical experts here say).

    Prove where I EVER spread misinformation and I gladly accept a timeout, outright ban, whatever. If not then its just another example of being shut up because we dont like what you say...keep on dividing folks..it'll help
    you posted that you're doing devil's advocate and trolling. The misinformation you post comes from the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that make up ALL of your posts in this thread.

  8. #13783
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    753
    ^they told you to tread carefully given the circumstances. You're walking a tight line. Somewhere between being purposely obtuse for argumentative purposes and providing safe harbor for those who are spreading misinformation. A warning is just that - you're treading close. Not many can keep the balancing act up for long, I guess we'll see. Probably best to rant and start yelling about how much tgr sucks. FWIW, I hope you stay.

  9. #13784
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    never claimed to be any expert..just posting links and thoughts of my own....but nobody can have those if they dont align with the greater majority. those ideas are just "right wing anti vax" talking points...

    Now it appears though that some here believe MU and others to be some sort of experts and their word is to be taken gospel. Who here can personally vouch for ANY of the medical or scientific "experts" on TGR? What makes them the authority over some other Dr that wrote and actual PUBLISHED article and took part in an ACTUAL Study on this stuff as their daily profession? Do we disagree simply because we dont like what they say? Sure seems that way here..

    Again...feel free to find anything in this entire shitshow thread where i posted misinformation. I challenge you.
    Thatís not what is going on here, IMO.

    You seem a little over invested for someone who is only trolling. Might be time for that late summer break from the Padded Room.

  10. #13785
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    you posted that you're doing devil's advocate and trolling. The misinformation you post comes from the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that make up ALL of your posts in this thread.
    what fear? what uncertainty? What doubt? Many here have agreed we should not totally ignore priot infection immunity...thats what im arguing.... are you so shallow and easily swayed? Maybe time to check that.
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  11. #13786
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    what fear? what uncertainty? What doubt? Many here have agreed we should not totally ignore priot infection immunity...thats what im arguing.... are you so shallow and easily swayed? Maybe time to check that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    because my views differ
    That's the thing though, your views haven't really differed. You keep going on-and-on about the 'borg' but every one of your talking points has been discussed. The problem as I see it is your stridency and the way you're drowning out the conversation.

    For example, think about how long you argued vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the coronavirus as unvaccinated people even though your own source, the CDC, said the exact opposite.

    It's ok to be wrong. What's not ok is ignoring everything and everyone else, ignoring all the evidence, and in the process dominating the discussion to the detriment of everyone else. At best your behavior is obnoxious, at worst you're adding to the confusion and making things worse.

  12. #13787
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    That’s not what is going on here, IMO.

    You seem a little over invested for someone who is only trolling. Might be time for that late summer break from the Padded Room.
    then thats a matter of opinion and thats cool....but its far from FACT even if you think it is..
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  13. #13788
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    then thats a matter of opinion and thats cool....but its far from FACT even if you think it is..
    Itís a fact you admitted you are trolling and not participating honestly.

    Which was obvious before you admitted it.

  14. #13789
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    That's the thing though, your views haven't really different. You keep going on-and-on about the 'borg' but every one of your talking points has been discussed. The problem as I see it is your stridency and the way you're drowning out the conversation.

    For example, think about how long you argued vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the coronavirus as unvaccinated people even though your own source, the CDC, said the exact opposite.

    It's ok to be wrong. What's not ok is ignoring everything and everyone else, ignoring all the evidence, and in the process dominating the discussion to the detriment of everyone else.
    whats the "Viral load" of a prior infected person compared to a vaxxed...? havent found that "data" if someone has it id love to see.

    You act like I am some random guy on the internet that jsut spouts shit.. i read it..it had a DRs name on it..that specialized in that field. how is that not a valid data point? There is a reaosn they say 4 out of 5 doctors recommend shit at the end of commercials.

    Just seems that if someone posts an article that comes from a pretty valid source, that doesnt jive with the majority of the folks here its instantly wrong. no thought given to the actual study, or credentials. Its just like "nope its wrong" and thats simply not reality.

    There is a reason something like 70million havent taken the vax and it aint because all of them are "right wing trolls".
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  15. #13790
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    whats the "Viral load" of a prior infected person compared to a vaxxed...? havent found that "data" if someone has it id love to see.
    This is another example. As you already know, there's more to it than just viral load. Yet you stridently focus on one thing. When people show you there's more to it, provide you with studies, explain what your own source is saying, you'll either just ignore all of it or when you do finally concede the point you later circle back to your original talking point but with a slight variation like you are now.

  16. #13791
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    whats the "Viral load" of a prior infected person compared to a vaxxed...? havent found that "data" if someone has it id love to see.

    You act like I am some random guy on the internet that jsut spouts shit.. i read it..it had a DRs name on it..that specialized in that field. how is that not a valid data point? There is a reaosn they say 4 out of 5 doctors recommend shit at the end of commercials.

    Just seems that if someone posts an article that comes from a pretty valid source, that doesnt jive with the majority of the folks here its instantly wrong. no thought given to the actual study, or credentials. Its just like "nope its wrong" and thats simply not reality.

    There is a reason something like 70million havent taken the vax and it aint because all of them are "right wing trolls".
    ďThe self admitted troll demands answers.Ē

    Directed by Robert B. Weide

  17. #13792
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    3,789
    Name:  f1271a7b65149aa9ecd61e56de9fc4fe.gif
Views: 121
Size:  817.4 KB
    sigless.

  18. #13793
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    semi old, but NIH....

    Says prior infection is pretty high after 6 months...dont know how this data would change much since it was done with non vaxxed.

    Probably "misinformation" though

    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  19. #13794
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,158
    Dude. Just stop already…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  20. #13795
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    so I guess you only listen to the Dr "opinion" when you agree with it? His opinion doesnt matter cause another Dr you like said different...??

    Still no one addressing the actual results of the UK study..just picking and choosing pieces to argue...

    Just ignore it...it'll go away...unlike me.
    I'm not qualified to understand immunology, vaccinalogy, virusology, etc.

    I look at a drs credentials and if they have aligned themselves with wackos in the past.

  21. #13796
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This is another example. As you already know, there's more to it than just viral load. Yet you stridently focus on one thing. When people show you there's more to it, provide you with studies, explain what your own source is saying, you'll either just ignore all of it or when you do concede the point you later circle back to your original talking point like you are now.
    lots of data on viral loads and the difference between vaxxed and non vacced (prior infected) getting breakthroughs. I see zero data on hospitalizations for prior infected ending up in hospitals or if they are more "contagious" than vaxxed when infected. As YOU know even viral load is different for everyone and even if you got a huge viral load you may never get covid.

    Whats i find interesting is that you'll point out where I "circle back" on stuff, but its cool for some other random posted (that you agree with) uses say "antibodies" in their response you dont jump on them repeatedly and say "its a lot more than just antibodies".

    Yet all americans hear nightly on news and read in papers/internet all they talk about is "antibodies". I guess everyone should become doctors so they dont get caught up in a "misinformation" campaign
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  22. #13797
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    says the one who blindly follows some dude on an ski based internet site for "expert covid advice" Don't think I ever heard MU or ANY other for that matter say they were "experts" in immunology.
    Mofro makes vaccines. He is an expert. Listen to him.

  23. #13798
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    I'm not qualified to understand immunology, vaccinalogy, virusology, etc.

    I look at a drs credentials and if they have aligned themselves with wackos in the past.
    and the Dr I quoted? He has been associated with "wackos" in the past? Interesting...links please. I can find other Dr's that agree with what he said that might align better.. would you believe them then?
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  24. #13799
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Mofro makes vaccines. He is an expert. Listen to him.
    you've seen his credentials? or he just said it on the internet? Im not denying he does that for a living, however it is a ski forum after all. I mean according to SPLAT hes done nearly every job known to man..

    And what say ye of any person who makes vaccines that might have a different opinion than mofros? are they simply wrong?
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  25. #13800
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and the Dr I quoted? He has been associated with "wackos" in the past? Interesting...links please. I can find other Dr's that agree with what he said that might align better.. would you believe them then?
    I dont want to. I trust my dr since I dont understand any of this science on any more than a very basic level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •