Page 538 of 619 FirstFirst ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,450 of 15467
  1. #13426
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Don't remember where i saw this, but i believe it was reputable.

    Vaccination rates, from high to low

    Asian
    White
    Hispanic
    Black
    Your source might be outdated. White Republicans continue to dominate the "definitely not" getting vaccinated group. While Blacks and Hispanics dominate the "wait and see" group. The "wait and see" group was once much larger but has been steadily shrinking in response to the Delta wave while "definitely not" is holding firm.

  2. #13427
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Dear God. Just try, its not that difficult. Its a link in the article. When you can't even find a link highlighted in the article, your level of credibility should be what?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...rawal-n1277368

    The link was plain as day in the orginal NBC article, Where I bold/underlined below.

    how hard was that to find?

    "Well, our most recent NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they’ve already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won’t get vaccinated under any circumstance."
    Impressively incompetent

    Here's the actual link https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release

  3. #13428
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Furthermore, this whole argument seems like a waste of time. Does it really matter if there are other groups who are, too?
    Exactly. It's a children's argument. "But Tommy did it too!". We don't need to focus solely on the group that is most hesitant by #s or %. We can address it across the board. However, the group that is spreading the most vaccine-hesitancy disinformation - controlling that narrative? Well, I think tackling that directly pays dividends - stop the spread so to speak. And that group is clearly right-wing pundits and partisans.

  4. #13429
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,846
    If it turned out that in a few more years if this we ended up totally split and sorted into locations and populations and political systems where public health is thoughtfully handled and others where it’s a Mexico-style Covidtown™ free-for-all, which really seems possible, a kind of civil coldwar of migrations in both directions, what would the vaxxed places really lose in that process? Nutters who can’t figure this thing out? I dunno man, but I guess I’ve crossed some kind of mental barrier where I’d rather we just formally break up with these people and let them do it their own way.

  5. #13430
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If it turned out that in a few more years if this we ended up totally split and sorted into locations and populations and political systems where public health is thoughtfully handled and others where it’s a Mexico-style Covidtown™ free-for-all, which really seems possible, a kind of civil coldwar of migrations in both directions, what would the vaxxed places really lose in that process?
    Mouth harps and banjos?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  6. #13431
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Exactly. It's a children's argument. "But Tommy did it too!".
    To be fair, that would be the best way to tell your wife why you got a blowjob from Pamela Anderson.

  7. #13432
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,188
    "very good people on both sides"
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  8. #13433
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Mouth harps and banjos?
    Ability to move goods? More stratification between haves/have-nots? more racism? Free speech?

  9. #13434
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If it turned out that in a few more years if this we ended up totally split and sorted into locations and populations and political systems where public health is thoughtfully handled and others where it’s a Mexico-style Covidtown™ free-for-all, which really seems possible, a kind of civil coldwar of migrations in both directions, what would the vaxxed places really lose in that process? Nutters who can’t figure this thing out? I dunno man, but I guess I’ve crossed some kind of mental barrier where I’d rather we just formally break up with these people and let them do it their own way.
    Except the nutters are going to want a portion of the military and especially the nuclear stockpile. Which is terrifying.

  10. #13435
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Nutters who can’t figure this thing out? I dunno man, but I guess I’ve crossed some kind of mental barrier where I’d rather we just formally break up with these people and let them do it their own way.
    COVID has become a proxy war where science and rational thought is under attack. Hostility to facts, basic observable reality, science, technology, governance and process. We will obviously survive COVID as a species; the battle and stakes are for a functional American society. If we abandon the scientific method and a governing framework to deal with a crisis - what replaces it? Political pandering, superstition and vulnerability to disinformation? If so, we deserve to lose our position on the world stage - if we haven't already.

  11. #13436
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If it turned out that in a few more years if this we ended up totally split and sorted into locations and populations and political systems where public health is thoughtfully handled and others where it’s a Mexico-style Covidtown™ free-for-all, which really seems possible, a kind of civil coldwar of migrations in both directions, what would the vaxxed places really lose in that process? Nutters who can’t figure this thing out? I dunno man, but I guess I’ve crossed some kind of mental barrier where I’d rather we just formally break up with these people and let them do it their own way.
    we could see a return of lots of shitty childhood diseases because the anti-covid nutters are now going after all vaccines.

  12. #13437
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Dear God. Just try, its not that difficult. Its a link in the article. When you can't even find a link highlighted in the article, your level of credibility should be what?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...rawal-n1277368

    The link was plain as day in the orginal NBC article, Where I bold/underlined below.

    how hard was that to find?

    "Well, our most recent NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they’ve already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won’t get vaccinated under any circumstance."
    mY BrOwSeR DiSaBlEs sUsPiCiOuS LiNkS!!


  13. #13438
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    COVID has become a proxy war where science and rational thought is under attack. Hostility to facts, basic observable reality, science, technology, governance and process. We will obviously survive COVID as a species; the battle and stakes are for a functional American society. If we abandon the scientific method and a governing framework to deal with a crisis - what replaces it? Political pandering, superstition and vulnerability to disinformation? If so, we deserve to lose our position on the world stage - if we haven't already.
    We already have.


  14. #13439
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,282
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    we could see a return of lots of shitty childhood diseases because the anti-covid nutters are now going after all vaccines.
    I, for one, salute the nutters!




  15. #13440
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't think it means six months is some magic number. The Red Cross probably just drew a line in the sand.
    That, and they don’t use convalescent plasma anymore. Maybe there’s some hospital somewhere. They don’t take donations of convalescent plasma anywhere, they have more than they would ever use.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #13441
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah. So your list is a copy/paste of THIS particular link of yours. Which it states is based on their "NBC poll" which fails to provide a link or ANY data behind that list. No numbers of people polled. No margin of error. How the poll was conducted. NOTHING.

    So, yeah. That list isn't exactly scientific data, CDC stats, or even remotely up to Pew standards. Whether or not the results are true (or not true), the article displays some shitty journalistic standards either way. No wonder your first post about it was so vague and didn't provide a source to begin with. Care to try again with some real data this time?
    Are you sure you would recognize data if it was presented to you?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #13442
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Dear God. Just try, its not that difficult. Its a link in the article. When you can't even find a link highlighted in the article, your level of credibility should be what?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...rawal-n1277368

    The link was plain as day in the orginal NBC article, Where I bold/underlined below.

    how hard was that to find?

    "Well, our most recent NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they’ve already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won’t get vaccinated under any circumstance."
    Wow. Are you REALLY that stupid? Yes, the NBC article we're talking about had a link to another page TALKING about a study regarding Biden's job ratings decline. Now at the bottom of THAT is the link to the very study you keep thinking proves the points of the first (it does not). Seriously. Here is the link to the very study in question: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release
    There is NOTHING in there that leads to the conclusions of the first article we're talking about. At best, you can say some people polled xyz %, but it doesn't parse out the respondents at all like the conclusions they're saying they're coming to.

    It is one of the most egregious examples of extrapolating a preconceived conclusion from polling data. Read through the actual poll for yourself and you'll see what I'm saying.

  18. #13443
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,484
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    mY BrOwSeR DiSaBlEs sUsPiCiOuS LiNkS!!

    Wrong. I looked at the link. It just doesn't remotely prove what the primary article listed as supposed stats. Go down the chain of links to the study. See if you can find how X somehow becomes Y and magically becomes Z. It's as bad as a flat earther conspiracy theorists "logic."

    NBC and Kinnikinnick be like:

  19. #13444
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,112
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wow. Are you REALLY that stupid? Yes, the NBC article we're talking about had a link to another page TALKING about a study regarding Biden's job ratings decline. Now at the bottom of THAT is the link to the very study you keep thinking proves the points of the first (it does not). Seriously. Here is the link to the very study in question: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release
    There is NOTHING in there that leads to the conclusions of the first article we're talking about. At best, you can say some people polled xyz %, but it doesn't parse out the respondents at all like the conclusions they're saying they're coming to.

    It is one of the most egregious examples of extrapolating a preconceived conclusion from polling data. Read through the actual poll for yourself and you'll see what I'm saying.
    The poll reached about 130 black respondents. From that sample they got what they got. A legitimate argument might be that the sample size is weak or that there could be selection bias since you don't know. Arguing that you're right and the data is wrong because you think so is a perfect waste of time. Enjoy.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

  20. #13445
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Impressively incompetent

    Here's the actual link https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release
    Seriously. It's probably why these guys have been lackadaisical with their URLs until further pressed.

  21. #13446
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wow. Are you REALLY that stupid? Yes, the NBC article we're talking about had a link to another page TALKING about a study regarding Biden's job ratings decline. Now at the bottom of THAT is the link to the very study you keep thinking proves the points of the first (it does not). Seriously. Here is the link to the very study in question: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release
    There is NOTHING in there that leads to the conclusions of the first article we're talking about. At best, you can say some people polled xyz %, but it doesn't parse out the respondents at all like the conclusions they're saying they're coming to.

    It is one of the most egregious examples of extrapolating a preconceived conclusion from polling data. Read through the actual poll for yourself and you'll see what I'm saying.
    KKK and anyone who would promote that poll have already aligned themselves with the anti-science crowd.

  22. #13447
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yes MU the "resident borg" medical authority on anything medicine...cause "we like him". Everyone else is wrong.

    such a great "tribe"
    Are you talking about me? I’m just providing observations from the hospital that I work at. It’s anecdotal but it supports the narrative that our hospitals are stressed.

    Again, what the fuck is this “borg” you keep yammering about?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #13448
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Are you talking about me? I’m just providing observations from the hospital that I work at. It’s anecdotal but it supports the narrative that our hospitals are stressed.

    Again, what the fuck is this “borg” you keep yammering about?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    you're too assimilated to understand my friend...its ok....keep on truckin
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  24. #13449
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,484
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The poll reached about 130 black respondents. From that sample they got what they got. A legitimate argument might be that the sample size is weak or that there could be selection bias since you don't know. Arguing that you're right and the data is wrong because you think so is a perfect waste of time. Enjoy.
    Yeah. Shit statistics. The question about race was an entirely standalone question. It doesn't further delineate whatsoever. How are you to determine how each of those individuals responded to other questions? If they DO have those stats, they didn't present it on the polling data as far as I could tell, which again, makes it a completely faulty poll as far the CONCLUSIONS they reached as seen here:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...d-u-s-n1277514

    This being the list Multi first presented sans links:
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Demographic breakdown of the vaccinated in the U.S:

    All adults: 69%
    Men: 67%
    Women: 71%
    18-34: 63%
    35-49: 58%
    50-64: 71%
    65+: 86%
    Whites: 66%
    Blacks: 76%
    Latinos: 71%
    Urban residents: 79%
    Suburban residents: 67%
    Rural residents: 52%
    White evangelicals: 59%
    Democrats: 88%
    Independents: 60%
    Republicans: 55%
    Now go look at the link to the poll itself (https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release) and ask yourself how they reached these conclusions from those questions without breaking things down any further.

  25. #13450
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wow. Are you REALLY that stupid? Yes, the NBC article we're talking about had a link to another page TALKING about a study regarding Biden's job ratings decline. Now at the bottom of THAT is the link to the very study you keep thinking proves the points of the first (it does not). Seriously. Here is the link to the very study in question: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-22-21-release
    There is NOTHING in there that leads to the conclusions of the first article we're talking about. At best, you can say some people polled xyz %, but it doesn't parse out the respondents at all like the conclusions they're saying they're coming to.

    It is one of the most egregious examples of extrapolating a preconceived conclusion from polling data. Read through the actual poll for yourself and you'll see what I'm saying.
    Do you actually know what a study is? It’s not a poll.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •