Page 145 of 929 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Define several. I don’t think 3-4 months is several. We even knew sooner than that. What’s your point again?
    Simply that Pfizer and Moderna apparently did a kick ass job and if you're somewhere outside the US, maybe seek those out instead of the inferior Chinese version if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Umm... Let's see here. Location of virus origin. Biolab studying coronaviruses there at ground zero in Wuhan where they at least knew of this particular virus's existence before we did. What else do you want? All I'm saying is that they literally had several months of a head start on us, and we should be giving companies like Pfizer and Moderna credit where credit's due.
    Does that mean they didnt make covid in a lab & release it on purpose to fuck up the world AKA all the people who buy their stuff ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Does that mean they didnt make covid in a lab & release it on purpose to fuck up the world AKA all the people who buy their stuff ?
    Well, China definitely hoarded information on COVID early on, suppressed awareness, blocked international teams, and had awareness of it possibly for several weeks. Almost every government botched the response to this virus at some level affecting their own country, but China fucked the entire world over to the tune of several weeks or months of response equivalence. Only because a Chinese scientist went around the CCP government and posted the genomic sequence to the internet in mid January 2020 was the global vaccine effort not delayed even further by the CCP.

As to whether this virus was originated from incidental zoonosis (most likely) versus from the PRC BSL4 biowarfare research lab in Wuhan, it isn't impossible that it was the latter. If it was a virus being researched at that lab, attribute not to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Hanlon's Razor is doubly applicable for institutions overseen by a communist party when there was no clear path to gain. Releasing an airborne virus never has a clear path to gain.

Either way, PRC holds massive culpability for which they won't be held accountable in any meaningful way other than harsh words and feelings of ill-will.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Tetanus shot had me crying in bed for almost 48 hrs.

Flu shot causes days of discomfort.

1st Covid jab (Pfizer)...... nothing.
    I had my first Pfizer dose last Monday courtesy of my local Costco. Shoulder was super sore for about 2 days. Felt nearly identical to my last tetanus shot. CBD+THC cream helped a lot.

up to bat for my first pfizer today, I'm the last in the hawkgt household. The 5g will be sweet on those remote ski tours.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Yes. Yes, he would. deep down in his heart. Agnosticism is the poor man's atheism that leaves a backdoor open.
    Der Poopenhausen?

Its pretty fascinating how everyone has switched sides. Used to be a bunch of hippies in the PNW didnt want vaccines because reasons. That mentality has switched sides.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    up to bat
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    up to bat for my first pfizer today, I'm the last in the hawkgt household. The 5g will be sweet on those remote ski tours.
    Same - 1st Pfizer this afternoon. Looking forward to relinquishing control of my mind to the illuminati, will save me a lot of time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Its pretty fascinating how everyone has switched sides. Used to be a bunch of hippies in the PNW didnt want vaccines because reasons. That mentality has switched sides.
    Hardcore antivaxxers were always mostly a strange mix of upper-middle-class suburbanite super naturalistic/hippie liberals and lower-middle class conservative quasi-conspiracy-thinking religious types.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Der Poopenhausen?
    You have any hot goddess I can "believe in"?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Hardcore antivaxxers were always mostly a strange mix of upper-middle-class suburbanite super naturalistic/hippie liberals and lower-middle class conservative quasi-conspiracy-thinking religious types.
    They do all have one thing in common, though...

The whole anti-vax thing is very weird.The new age'y anti-vaxxers seem to be more women than men; the anti-covid anti-vaxxers more men than women. And then there are the Haredis. (BTW the 3rd season of Shtisel is even better than the first two.) Antivax is just a symptom of an entire country that's lost its mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    YAY...Bobby is back....Welcome bobby

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Same - 1st Pfizer this afternoon. Looking forward to relinquishing control of my mind to the illuminati, will save me a lot of time in the future.
    X3, got Pfizered about an hour ago. Arm isn’t sore yet but the toll lights flashed a different color on my drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    I had my first Pfizer dose last Monday courtesy of my local Costco. Shoulder was super sore for about 2 days. Felt nearly identical to my last tetanus shot. CBD+THC cream helped a lot.

You're not supposed to rub it.

Yeah, the anti vaccine crowd in the PNW has never been easily defined.

1st Pfizer jab Friday am. Shoulder was a bit sore Saturday, but I’d say no more than a flu shot sore. Otherwise all good, skied all weekend.

Data point for king county WA mags: I started looking for appt. when I became eligible Mar. 31. Got lucky and scored an appointment at a local Fred Meyer via. Covidwa.com. I also registered for the King Co. vax partnership at the Microsoft campus (figured I get the 5G upgrade right from the source). Site said I would receive a link to schedule appt there within 24 hours. Just received the link today, 13 days later, but plenty of slots to choose from.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Got my moderna #1 on saturday. No side effects beyond being a bit tired today and a sore arm that got much worse after some heavy lifting but subsided within a couple hours.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Same here but got mine yesterday (Sunday). Sore arm today and a general feeling of slight sickness.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Well, China definitely hoarded information on COVID early on, suppressed awareness, blocked international teams, and had awareness of it possibly for several weeks. Almost every government botched the response to this virus at some level affecting their own country, but China fucked the entire world over to the tune of several weeks or months of response equivalence. Only because a Chinese scientist went around the CCP government and posted the genomic sequence to the internet in mid January 2020 was the global vaccine effort not delayed even further by the CCP.

As to whether this virus was originated from incidental zoonosis (most likely) versus from the PRC BSL4 biowarfare research lab in Wuhan, it isn't impossible that it was the latter. If it was a virus being researched at that lab, attribute not to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Hanlon's Razor is doubly applicable for institutions overseen by a communist party when there was no clear path to gain. Releasing an airborne virus never has a clear path to gain.

Either way, PRC holds massive culpability for which they won't be held accountable in any meaningful way other than harsh words and feelings of ill-will.

We know how they get when a new bug crops up in China - it affects their sense of cultural and ideological superiority, and so they slow-roll and they're not fucking forthcoming. "Keeping face" or some such...We've known this for a long time.
    That's why previous to 2018 we had teams of epidemiologists in China on the lookout for new swine flus, avian flus, and specifically novel coronaviruses. That's why we didn't start stupid fucking trade wars and kept diplomatically engaged - so we'd have some leverage to make China [and other medieval disease factories] do the right thing even when it pains or embarrasses.

Of course China should have jumped on this instantly, but they didn't and America had unilaterally sacrificed its international epidemic sensing apparatus and domestic epidemic game plan, as well as trillions in economic leverage to "smaller government" and trade war.

Herp derp.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    One of us..... one of us.......one of us........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They do all have one thing in common, though...
    People that objectively society could do without?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    People that objectively society could do without?
    Well, I was gonna simply say "tEH DumB" but yours is also valid...

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    My arm’s okay but over night other symptoms showed up.
    Symptoms I had when I had COVID in 1/5 scale.
    Headaches, body aches, chills, fever, stomach aches and diarrhea so far.
    Rings true for me.