Page 514 of 626 FirstFirst ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 15629
  1. #12826
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I don't offend easily, but I'm pretty fucking offended by these shitforbrains equating public health measures that amount to little more than an inconvenience, and are literally intended to save lives, to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany.

    Setting aside their complete ignorance of history, the self-entitled tone-deafness, and victim complexes that ostensibly elevates them to a persecuted class is disgusting.
    Yup. People love bringing up how the Nazis treated the Jews but no one mentions how the Germans (and all their neighbors) treated the Nazis and their collaborators. Most were never welcomed back into society and I can't think of a single expression of sympathy for them over it. Somehow today's collaborators expect otherwise.

  2. #12827
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    answer so far Are you trying to be obtuse ? Its not a great mystery, your sample size is 250 of various ages so with the death rate for covid-19 applied its entirely likely that you would have no deaths in that population. How would even tell if they were sick?
    My question would be: how do they know the homeless haven't been affected? Are they keeping that close of an eye on them? I'd be willing to bet the homeless population HAS been affected, and probably more so than the general population.

    It makes about as much sense as saying "every time I go outside I still see lots of people walking around. Shouldn't they all be sick in bed?" Go to a hospital ICU and see if your perspective changes at all.

  3. #12828
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    How would you answer this question. I have been wasting time in a battle of wits all morning with 3 anti vaxxers


    DougW if everything the government is saying and it is deadly as it's made out to be answer me this question. Why has the homeless population not been wiped out? I know there's not many in Golden but in Vernon we have over 250 identified homeless people living in the streets. I live in downtown Vernon and I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???

    answer so far Are you trying to be obtuse ? Its not a great mystery, your sample size is 250 of various ages so with the death rate for covid-19 applied its entirely likely that you would have no deaths in that population. How would even tell if they were sick?

    running out of patience, ...
    just block them. Those aren’t serious arguments, they know it’s bullshit. Once you convince them in this point, they’ll just find more bullshit.

    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/fa...-the-homeless/

  4. #12829
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,374
    Ask them if they actually know any of the homeless people personally, or if they're just nameless wandering annoyances.

  5. #12830
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,597
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    How would you answer this question. I have been wasting time in a battle of wits all morning with 3 anti vaxxers


    DougW if everything the government is saying and it is deadly as it's made out to be answer me this question. Why has the homeless population not been wiped out? I know there's not many in Golden but in Vernon we have over 250 identified homeless people living in the streets. I live in downtown Vernon and I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???

    answer so far Are you trying to be obtuse ? Its not a great mystery, your sample size is 250 of various ages so with the death rate for covid-19 applied its entirely likely that you would have no deaths in that population. How would even tell if they were sick?

    running out of patience, ...
    Don't see a reference to Golden but I've seen several pop up vaxx sites right down where the homeless folks hang out in my town.. and see plenty of references to other places like this..
    Covid vaccines rolled out for Gold Coast homeless, plan for mobile clinics on horizon

    They were also offering $100 Visa cards here last wave. Pretty sure that would get MOST of them to roll up their sleeve (several times LOL).
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  6. #12831
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,113
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    OMG. That's quite LITERALLY exactly what I was saying at the time too. But I got bashed for wanting to wait for more data. See my point? When certain people like them say something, they're being "scientific" with their approach. So wise. So bold. When I say quite literally the same thing, it's going against "teh SiEnTS!"
    To be fair, you do have a history of proving your own stupidity

    Show us the post where you literally said the exact same thing at the same time. Iím curious.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #12832
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    So hypothetically if trump had won, he'd have taken credit for the vaccine and the blue states would be in full lockdown adamantly refusing the vaccine and the red states would still be open and highly vaccinated.

    crazy world we live in.
    Nice try but I donít think so. Anyone with marginal intelligence would get the vaccine based on a scientific consensus. Iím not sure that Trump knows how vaccines work and taking credit for the vaccine would be laughable for any candidate.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #12833
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,374
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Somehow today's collaborators expect otherwise.
    Do they? I get the feeling they'd be fine with making Libmerica and Conmerica permanent.

  9. #12834
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,760
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Put numbers to it. How many people are going to get a vaccine because of a mandate and how soon will they get it?
    It's funny you want a pointed response yet dodge the same. The answer is a consequential number. And, they would get it sooner than if no mandates were in place. Which is what counts during a worldwide pandemic. Offer your tax discount to everyone vaccinated at the end of the year. Penalize those who are not.


    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    How many of those would have gotten the vaccine without the mandate and how many of those who aren't subject to a mandate will decide not to get one who were otherwise on the fence?
    Don't care. There has been ample time to get a vaccine voluntarily. I'm not concerned about the opinion of someone who made a conscious decision to not participate in society in good faith, especially when it comes to public health.


    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Can there be a broader version than what's already been done?
    Something you can keep debating about after mandates are rolled out.

  10. #12835
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I don't offend easily, but I'm pretty fucking offended by these shitforbrains equating public health measures that amount to little more than an inconvenience, and are literally intended to save lives, to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany.

    Setting aside their complete ignorance of history, the self-entitled tone-deafness, and victim complexes that ostensibly elevates them to a persecuted class is disgusting.
    History...

    https://perspectives.ushmm.org/item/...y-cause-typhus

    Its disingenuous to reframe how the Nazi's disenfranchised the jews without including Typhus.

  11. #12836
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's funny you want a pointed response yet dodge the same. The answer is a consequential number. And, they would get it sooner than if no mandates were in place. Which is what counts during a worldwide pandemic. Offer your tax discount to everyone vaccinated at the end of the year. Penalize those who are not.




    Don't care. There has been ample time to get a vaccine voluntarily. I'm not concerned about the opinion of someone who made a conscious decision to not participate in society in good faith, especially when it comes to public health.


    Something you can keep debating about after mandates are rolled out.
    The number is more than just consequential, it's everything. The approach with the best numbers is the right one. So why aren't you giving a number? Is it too speculative? Come on, you asked, don't be afraid.

    The tax credit I described is not to be offered at the end of the year, it can be calculated and paid immediately upon vaccination based on that day's date. Or, critically, it can be caught up if needed at any time including the end of the year for those who were vaccinated before it was offered. The whole point is to discourage waiting, including waiting to see the final amount. In OR they've been offering ever higher rewards and people are now waiting to see how high they'll go. Wrong approach.

    The reason I asked the last question is that if the answer is no we are about to see how big the lasting reservoir of "nevers" will be. If it's too big we have a lasting problem.

  12. #12837
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Do they? I get the feeling they'd be fine with making Libmerica and Conmerica permanent.
    They see themselves as the Jews instead of the collaborators. You don't think they're desperate for that certified victimhood? They crave it fortnightly [smartass]!

  13. #12838
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,176
    Narrarator: “ It is, in fact, too big”…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  14. #12839
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Narrarator: “ It is, in fact, too big”…….
    I read that in the narrator's voice from Idiocracy. It sounded right.

  15. #12840
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,176
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I read that in the narrator's voice from Idiocracy. It sounded right.
    Lulz……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  16. #12841
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,760
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The number is more than just consequential, it's everything. The approach with the best numbers is the right one. So why aren't you giving a number? Is it too speculative? Come on, you asked, don't be afraid.

    The tax credit I described is not to be offered at the end of the year, it can be calculated and paid immediately upon vaccination based on that day's date. Or, critically, it can be caught up if needed at any time including the end of the year for those who were vaccinated before it was offered. The whole point is to discourage waiting, including waiting to see the final amount. In OR they've been offering ever higher rewards and people are now waiting to see how high they'll go. Wrong approach.

    The reason I asked the last question is that if the answer is no we are about to see how big the lasting reservoir of "nevers" will be. If it's too big we have a lasting problem.
    When I say consequential I mean consequential greater than 0. As in the opposite of small. What are you expecting? An actual number?

    Forget the tax credit. That was throwing you a bone which - no surprise - you want to turn into a debate. People should be getting vaccinated regardless. The vaccine is already free.

    Mandates don't have to be toothless.

  17. #12842
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,374
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    They see themselves as the Jews instead of the collaborators.
    Yeah, I get that. I almost typed that they want their own Israel, but the potential for someone misunderstanding was too great.

    The hubris of their idiotic misread is astounding.

  18. #12843
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Nice try but I don’t think so. Anyone with marginal intelligence would get the vaccine based on a scientific consensus. I’m not sure that Trump knows how vaccines work and taking credit for the vaccine would be laughable for any candidate.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You give the average person far too much credit.

    The vaccine and c19 was politicized by both parties well before the election creating the guidelines of whom would follow what path.
    Just look at all the dumbasses who wore masks outside while hiking this year or who still somehow think that vaccinated persons can't be super spreaders.

  19. #12844
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    OMG. That's quite LITERALLY exactly what I was saying at the time too. But I got bashed for wanting to wait for more data. See my point? When certain people like them say something, they're being "scientific" with their approach. So wise. So bold. When I say quite literally the same thing, it's going against "teh SiEnTS!"
    Consensus has been reached concerning the efficacy and safety of the vaccine yet here you are still arguing against it. Whatís your excuse for right now?

  20. #12845
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    When I say consequential I mean consequential greater than 0. As in the opposite of small. What are you expecting? An actual number?

    Forget the tax credit. That was throwing you a bone which - no surprise - you want to turn into a debate. People should be getting vaccinated regardless. The vaccine is already free.

    Mandates don't have to be toothless.
    So actual numbers aren't going to be practical, which means we aren't going to be able to reach a decisive conclusion about the effectiveness of mandates. Pretty much the exact opposite of the science on vaccines. You've verified my original point in all of this. Thank you.

  21. #12846
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, I get that. I almost typed that they want their own Israel, but the potential for someone misunderstanding was too great.

    The hubris of their idiotic misread is astounding.
    On second thought, you're probably right that they don't want to be treated better. Persecution may be the drug of choice.

  22. #12847
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,529
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Consensus has been reached concerning the efficacy and safety of the vaccine yet here you are still arguing against it. What’s your excuse for right now?
    AM I arguing against it, though? Thanks for quite beautifully proving my previous point though, mcphee. Well done.

  23. #12848
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I don't offend easily, but I'm pretty fucking offended by these shitforbrains equating public health measures that amount to little more than an inconvenience, and are literally intended to save lives, to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany.

    Setting aside their complete ignorance of history, the self-entitled tone-deafness, and victim complexes that ostensibly elevates them to a persecuted class is disgusting.
    Of all the things to be pissed off at and distrustful of our federal government. Of all the things our power structure does to keep people ignorant, suppressed and complacent. Of all the shitty things our society upholds in the name of unlimited consumption and economic growth. They pick public health measures, an essential service of a centralized government to protect and uplift its citizens, to protest against, throw a shit fit about, and ultimately fuck up any good it can do.

  24. #12849
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    AM I arguing against it, though? Thanks for quite beautifully proving my previous point though, mcphee. Well done.
    No one can tell what youíre fucking doing dude. Thatís not a we problem, itís a you problem.

  25. #12850
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,760
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So actual numbers aren't going to be practical, which means we aren't going to be able to reach a decisive conclusion about the effectiveness of mandates. Pretty much the exact opposite of the science on vaccines. You've verified my original point in all of this. Thank you.
    If a mandate to get vaccinated before the end of the year is put in place, and most of the population ends up vaccinated before the end of the year, was it the mandate or your hot breath making the difference? You know this but your heels are dug in where they shouldn't be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •