Page 512 of 929 FirstFirst ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Put a timeline on it. How much more talking do you think is reasonable before mandates are put in place? It's been 9 months since the first vaccine was available.
    I’m gonna need to know more about what happened to Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend, personally

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I tend to agree with jono that the mandates may have the unintended effect of hardening the anti-COVID vaccination mentality and it may in fact spread to other vaccinations we currently consider as routine.
    Too late - the anti-vax crowd has been around a long time
    You live in PDX, right? You know it’s a hot spot for the “vaccines will give my kid (fill in the blank)” crew, despite it coming from left-leaning folks…

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Imagine if an arbiter could be brought in from some other planet who hasn't previously heard about Covid. "Let's see, there's a global pandemic with over 225 million cases worldwide that's killed (conservatively) 4.5 million people so far. Effective vaccines have been developed and in use for over a year with close to six billion doses administered. Um, what's the question again? Beam me up, Scotty!"
    It feels like Fognl is going to cancel the show any day now.

Yeah, the fresh eyes perspective would be shocking, and would raise the question "wait, so America considers themselves to be the leaders? 'cos I'm looking around, and you guys are failing hard!"

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You live in PDX, right? You know it’s a hot spot for the “vaccines will give my kid (fill in the blank)” crew, despite it coming from left-leaning folks…
    Yeah, but I can see this changing things a lot more than a few fringe soccer moms.

You must love to hear your keyboard click.
    Sorry, just busy. It depends on what happens next. I'd have started with a refundable tax credit of $10/vaccinated day for every person in the country this year. Mandates have universal reach in PR but not in actual effect, whereas tax credits can actually be universal. Mandates for students and other places where vaccination is typically required seem obvious enough without shifting the conversation/reinforcing the opposition's narrative. Where the exact edge of that lies is debatable.

More dodging. More milquetoast. No action. Debate ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    perhaps

this is the modern conundrum:
    facts can't be abandoned to stroke the egos of the ones slurping up disinformation.
    and, unless confronted with the errors very directly, the misinformed just keep on keeping on, often dismissing politely-delivered correcting info...which is fine unless it affects others
    “It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they’ve been fooled”
    —Mark Twain

Name:  Hannibal.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  52.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I’m gonna need to know more about what happened to Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend, personally
    Nicki's cousin is the origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Can you provide an example of you saying the same thing? Apart from you saying kids are different, which is also the FDA's current position, the only thing I could find is you claiming vaccines were causing strokes in young women and saying the Tuskegee experiments shows we can't trust Covid vaccines. Those aren't examples of you saying LITERALLY exactly the same thing at the time.

Whereas to use your mask example, while you were telling everyone about your friends who'd rather die than take any precautions folks here were discussing how the CDC's recommendations on masks at the time were wrong.

There's a German word 'Bildungsphilister' or dogma-prone newspaper reader that defines why you receive so much push back. MontuckyFried = Bildungsphilister, a person who takes politics literally and science metaphorically rather than the reverse, for example.
    I want you to consider his rant: He believes his word deserves as much legitimacy in this thread as trusted experts like Fauci because he one time said something sort of similar (but not really). He also has a persecution complex where people, who aren't routinely mentioned in this thread (like Harris and Pelosi) might be given too much tolerance respective to him, because they once said something similar (but also not really). Further, he is oblivious to his own limited capacity on the topic and track record of 1) spreading misinformation 2) forming incoherent arguments 3) bad faith proposition. Completely weak dick and narcissistic; people who bring quality info or talking points don't have to whine and complain about being dismissed (oh it's so unfair - woe is me) - their value is apparent.

More dodging. More milquetoast. No action. Debate ad infinitum.
    It was your question, man. No need to go all false dichotomy about it.

More funny memes for the simple brained

School teacher. How many kids did she pass this on to? How many surgeries did she delay while taking up hospital resources?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Yeah, but I can see this changing things a lot more than a few fringe soccer moms.
    i live in an anti-vax hotspot, which has had a rough go lately. however, a few years ago there was a measles scare at one of the local low-vax schools. that school had a recorded vax rate in the 20-30% when the outbreak occurred. all non-vaxed children had to quarantine at home. so day 1, the school was nearly empty, but on days 2 and 3 of that quarantine, it was back to ~75% full because many parents were faux anti-vax (to fit in with the school culture) and actually had fully vaxed children. i wish i had the actual numbers, but it was fascinated to observe one step removed.

i'm still encountering people that are not vaxing for covid because of fear. had a fun argument/discussion on IG with one earlier this week. that person may even be a mag or lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It was your question, man. No need to go all false dichotomy about it.
    Oh right, the other option. The idealistic libertarian circle jerk angle.

Local ski area announced that they are requiring their employees to be vaccinated. I made the mistake of reading a few comments now I'm embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Local ski area announced that they are requiring their employees to be vaccinated. I made the mistake of reading a few comments now I'm embarrassed to be a member of the human race.
    Never read the comments, man.
    -The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    These seem relevant.
    He's not wrong. A little serendipitous schadenfreude (if such a thing could exist) that Kilgore Trout was technically a veterinarian, and anti-vaxxers are taking livestock dewormer.

Scrolling down his feed he said, "covid is in the goldilocks zone that’s lethal at just the right pace to avoid presenting an impenetrable reality check to the denialist industry. even deep red areas change their tune when they get hammered but it meters it out so it’s asynchronous"

Basically several pots of water slowly rising to boil, and the frogs are pointing fingers (toes).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Never read the comments, man.
    -The Dude
    I know, I know, I know. It is like looking down the hole in a pit toilet. For some reason I just couldn't help myself. I feel like I need to take a shower now...

Oh right, the other option. The idealistic libertarian circle jerk angle.
    You misspelled pragmatist.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    They all seem to be the perfect picture of health to begin with, huh? Haha. I know you're enjoying dunking on all the horse dewormer chugging idiots out there, but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You misspelled pragmatist.
    Repetitive, unfruitful debate is the opposite of pragmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    <snip> but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.
    You must be new to the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

i'm still encountering people that are not vaxing for covid because of fear. had a fun argument/discussion on IG with one earlier this week. that person may even be a mag or lurker.
    Is it fear or more likely ignorance? Or maybe a lot of both.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Iwhat is anal warts?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    They all seem to be the perfect picture of health to begin with, huh? Haha. I know you're enjoying dunking on all the horse dewormer chugging idiots out there, but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.
    I’d give this post of yours a 3/10. I’ve seen you do better.

At least you’re on point with calling their ideas idiotic. Perhaps you could explain that to others here who feel “all opinions are valid” and to think otherwise is just being part of a cult.

Where do you find all these not funny memes you think are funny? It’s bizarre. Do you
    find them on the information superhighway?