Page 496 of 631 FirstFirst ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 15773
  1. #12376
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah and I'm sure she's totally stupid right? They go to school longer than the surgeons.
    It's fascinating to watch skidog and mtu and others throw out definitive statements - usually while calling others stupid or retarded - that are just wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What makes one scientists opinion any worse or better than another's? Ooooh yeah cause the one you disagree with is for sure just plain stupid and "doesn't get it".

    Beaters
    "Rabies is actually from malnourishment and mistreatment" (from the post being discussed)

    if a health care professional or a scientist says shit like this they are wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion. They are indeed stupid. They totally "don't get it".

    Vibes as you come to grips with something your parents must have failed to teach you - you have the right to an opinion...you do not have the right to demand that opinion be respected.

  2. #12377
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Why can't you all figure out that none of it's proven? The goal posts move daily, weekly, monthly... What makes one scientists opinion any worse or better than another's? Ooooh yeah cause the one you disagree with is for sure just plain stupid and "doesn't get it".
    No idea what you're getting at here. You are correct about opinion and conjecture, but there are plenty of people who simply won't believe the evidence that's in front of their eyes and that's the big problem. There is zero evidence supporting the idea that vaccinations are not effective against Covid.

  3. #12378
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,442
    It can all be so exhausting. But vaccines without vaccinations is going to land us where we areó an embarrassment of resources & the worldís ongoing hot spot.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #12379
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Why can't you all figure out that none of it's proven?
    I know we're still figuring it out. But until then, I'm wearing a mask even though I got my second shot in May because 1. I have an unvaccinated kid at home, and the new strains may not be as easy on the kids and 2. Why not? What's the big deal? It's not like I'm doing it because somebody ordered me to, it's that the evidence we have so far points to a mask + vaccine reducing the probability of transmission and hospitalization. If it's unproven, why not do the easy thing to err on the side of not getting people sick?

    No I don't want to wait until I get COVID for the natural immunity. Out of the four people I know personally who got it who are in their mid-40s like me, one had a mild cold, one is a long hauler, one required major surgery, and one is dead. No comorbidities or risk factors. I don't want that, for me or anybody I come into contact with.

    My dad got COVID at one of the three hospitals he was in from June through August while recovering from treatment for lymphoma. The only time he left the hospital was to go in the next one in an ambulance. Luckily, he and my mom were vaccinated, so he lived. The first hospital took COVID seriously and everybody was masking up, the other two not so much. His lung function is greatly reduced, and every day is touch and go. So, thanks for that, whomever made that personal decision.

  5. #12380
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    999
    If you point at the cost of the vaccine as a profit grab, consider the cost of the health care we are providing for unvaccinated COVID patients. The cost of the ICU stays alone is pretty high, let alone the cost of hiring travel nurses, stopping any kind of voluntary procedure, both from the risk of infecting patients, and the potential capacity issues if there is a surge caused by COVID, etc.

    Consider the fact that most of the leaders of the anti-vax crowd have been vaccinated themselves for some time, including Desantis.

  6. #12381
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    No I don't want to wait until I get COVID for the natural immunity.
    And no one should. The whole point now should be to try to reduce the number of infected people, and there is absolutely no question that vaccinating as much of the population as possible is the best way to achieve that. Anyone who disagrees with that basic principle should be disregarded with extreme prejudice.

  7. #12382
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Who's "science" do you follow when they are all "prominent"?
    you follow the consensus of qualified experts, not your aunt's crazy nurse on the facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    The world needs more Donnely and less Stainless.

  8. #12383
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you know that anesthesia residency is four years and that surgical residencies range from four to seven years? How can you throw out comments like this with absolutely no knowledge of what youíre talking about? Not that it has anything to do with the topic.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You're a fucking idiot. I said schooling and they need 8 years medical training. Again bunch of fucking beaters.

    https://www.asahq.org/education-and-...ia-as-a-career



    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  9. #12384
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. I said schooling and they need 8 years medical training. Again bunch of fucking beaters.

    https://www.asahq.org/education-and-...ia-as-a-career



    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Keep going. You're doing great today. Put your back into it.

  10. #12385
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    I know we're still figuring it out. But until then, I'm wearing a mask even though I got my second shot in May because 1. I have an unvaccinated kid at home, and the new strains may not be as easy on the kids and 2. Why not? What's the big deal? It's not like I'm doing it because somebody ordered me to, it's that the evidence we have so far points to a mask + vaccine reducing the probability of transmission and hospitalization. If it's unproven, why not do the easy thing to err on the side of not getting people sick?

    No I don't want to wait until I get COVID for the natural immunity. Out of the four people I know personally who got it who are in their mid-40s like me, one had a mild cold, one is a long hauler, one required major surgery, and one is dead. No comorbidities or risk factors. I don't want that, for me or anybody I come into contact with.

    My dad got COVID at one of the three hospitals he was in from June through August while recovering from treatment for lymphoma. The only time he left the hospital was to go in the next one in an ambulance. Luckily, he and my mom were vaccinated, so he lived. The first hospital took COVID seriously and everybody was masking up, the other two not so much. His lung function is greatly reduced, and every day is touch and go. So, thanks for that, whomever made that personal decision.
    I am doing all those things too as I've mentioned like 100 times.

    Vaxxed
    Whole family vaxxed
    1 son sub 12 will get vaxxed when ok'd.

    None of that changes the fact that there are some respected scientists questioning the methodologies in place. Simple as that. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make them wrong. They are not "stupid", they are not all "Trumpers", some people just want their choice and to make medical decisions on their own.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  11. #12386
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    you follow the consensus of qualified experts, not your aunt's crazy nurse on the facebook
    And there isn't any "qualified experts" saying they have different opinions on how to handle this? If you think that you're wrong.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #12387
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    None of that changes the fact that there are some respected scientists questioning the methodologies in place.
    What methodologies, though? Is there actually a "respected scientist" who is anti-vax?

  13. #12388
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you know that anesthesia residency is four years and that surgical residencies range from four to seven years? How can you throw out comments like this with absolutely no knowledge of what youíre talking about? Not that it has anything to do with the topic.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just wanted to reiterate....

    Did you know that....you're an idiot?

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  14. #12389
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,147

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. I said schooling and they need 8 years medical training. Again bunch of fucking beaters.

    https://www.asahq.org/education-and-...ia-as-a-career



    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Did you know that both surgeons and anesthesiologists go to undergrad, medical school and a residency? Thatís 8 years of school before residency. So most anesthesiologists and surgeons have the same length of training unless theyíre in a surgical specialty that has a longer residency. This information is widely available and in my case I have over three decades of working with both anesthesiologists and surgeons every day.

    Is it terribly painful to be this wrong about things? You make statements as if theyíre fact but theyíre entirely wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #12390
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Goulder
    Posts
    700
    Had a coworker die in the ER here. Everyone knew her, code went on for 2 hours... Two hours too many, because everyone knew her and couldn't quit. Awful shit.
    Very young, very unvaxxed.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  16. #12391
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    And there isn't any "qualified experts" saying they have different opinions on how to handle this? If you think that you're wrong.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    do you know what consensus means?

    there's a difference between "qualified" and "prominent", for example: skidog is a prominent conspiracy theorist on tgr with 14000+ misinformed posts arguing against a consensus of qualified medical professionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    The world needs more Donnely and less Stainless.

  17. #12392
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. I said schooling and they need 8 years medical training. Again bunch of fucking beaters.

    a lot of people go to school for 8 years, they're called doctors. surprised you didn't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    The world needs more Donnely and less Stainless.

  18. #12393
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,147
    Skidog is having a meltdown today. ďIím right, I have no idea what Iím talking about but itís inconceivable that Iím wrong and youíre right!Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #12394
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Just wanted to reiterate....

    Did you know that....you're an idiot?

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wait, Iíll get you a bigger shovel. Youíre a child


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #12395
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    11,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Skidog is having a meltdown today.
    He is ? I would love to see it, too bad I have his dumb ass on Ignore.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  21. #12396
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    He is ? I would love to see it, too bad I have his dumb ass on Ignore.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Itís actually quite entertaining watching that asshole make a complete fool of himself. Sad too.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #12397
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Had a coworker die in the ER here. Everyone knew her, code went on for 2 hours... Two hours too many, because everyone knew her and couldn't quit. Awful shit.
    Very young, very unvaxxed.


    This makes my heart hurt and makes me so very sad.

    When is this insanity going to end.

    Jesus fucking christ.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Shake it, shake it Sugaree...

  23. #12398
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    He is ? I would love to see it, too bad I have his dumb ass on Ignore.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Good idea. Doing the same.

    Pity he won't fuck off and take his shit to the forum he's pimping in his signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  24. #12399
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,442
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Keep going. You're doing great today. Put your back into it.
    I laffed and Iím in the ER getting stitches


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  25. #12400
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It's fascinating to watch skidog and mtu and others throw out definitive statements - usually while calling others stupid or retarded - that are just wrong.
    It's been this same cycle for last 90 some pages. I can't believe people are still engaging. Exhausting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •