Page 738 of 929 FirstFirst ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 ... LastLast
Results 18,426 to 18,450 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    A lot nba and nhl players got it before Omicron. Basically I’ve seen people lose relationships with their parents and kids over vaccination status. The country has a huge divide over vax status. Besides fucking up healthcare, it really the individuals problem. No question that being vaxxed gives a better outcome when you get covid. But you still spread it when vaccinated almost the same. Something to think about when you estrange family over Christmas because of their vax status.
    Vaccinated people spread it almost the same? Cite your source link to study.

It’s been posted here with a link that vaccinated people clear the virus faster than the prior infected and much faster than unvaccinated no prior infection. In addition, the virus that is shed by vaccinated individuals is showing to be largely unviable. It’s kind of like most previous vaccines.

Vaccination for most people, even prior infected, is the best way forward to “normalcy”.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How do you explain the nhl and nba. Half of Sixers, half the Nets got it, all Vaccinated. There is a lot of numbers spouted out, but they fail the eye test.

altasnob.
    I will offer it as a request -
    if you want to quote my post, quote my entire post ;
    please don't snip a phrase out of my post to promote your argument ;

This is not a lawyer's case.

you could equally 'argue' If there have been 145million people who have had covid and 201million people are vaccinated ,,, we should (effectively) have reached 'population immunity' .

There are huge gaps in your logic/rationale/ 'statistics' toward your previously stated (goal) that mandates do not achieve (your goal. that mandates are not-optimal. )

in the same post from which you snipped '145Million' , I cited a NY Times report of 50Million -
    using your rationale, this leaves a pool of 70million who are at-risk, unvaccinated.
    This is much more consistent with what is reported shortly up-thread as reality in hospitals ( in regions across the country ).

'covid cases nationwide' was an easy Search ;
    please do not misrepresent my post(s).

Thank you. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I think it's been mentioend a few times that the unvaccinated are at least 4 times more likely to contract covid. Therefore, fewer vaxxed people in the population can spread it and even those breakout cases shed less virus.
    Per the latest data from the CDC unvaccinated people are 5.8x more likely to test positive: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

How do you explain the nhl and nba. Half of Sixers, half the Nets got it, all Vaccinated. There is a lot of numbers spouted out, but they fail the eye test.
    This is simply anecdotal data. We don't know how many would have tested positive if they'd been unvaxxed, so how can you even know if these numbers are high? Basically you are cherry picking data to support your argument.

But, yes, we all know that you can still become infected if you're vaccinated. That's why lots of places still taking additional measures--such as masking--to try to minimize viral spread.

Lifestyles and entitlements of the queens of sport.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

postscript -

ironically ( I believe there is irony... ), both my simplistic review and the convoluted assumptions of another reached a comparable end point -
    that there remain approximately 70million people in us of a at-risk of/for covid.

my drum.
    vaccination - and boosters- remain our better tool.

vaccination may not prevent positive tests (hello, tt ), and few professional athletes are requiring hospitalization
    ( and the nhl was not 100% vaccinated. )

... there is just no persuading some (people)...

Thank you. tj

There was 4 nhl players not vaccinated at beginning of season.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...id-11637123408
    I’m not pro or anti vax, but I see both sides.

There was 4 nhl players not vaccinated at beginning of season.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...id-11637123408
    Have they actually tested these athletes to confirm they are as vaccinated as they claim to be?? Asking for a friend named Aaron..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

But you don't seem to believe the actual data. Why not?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

These guys are all huddled together in the locker room.

50% effectiveness if unboosted fits the numbers. Not sure what the boosted numbers for nba are.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...on-drops-study

You repeatedly seem to view something as not 100% or 99% effective as having questionable value. They can still have BIG effects on the final tallies of infection, symptomatic infection, hospitalizations, and deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

No way to delete extraneous posts in crapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    No way to delete extraneous posts in crapatalk
    There's a fix for that.

50% effectiveness if unboosted fits the numbers. Not sure what the boosted numbers for nba are.
    Probably quite low. Most players aren't going to want to risk getting sick (and I admit there's some irony here) in the middle of the season.

Maybe part of the issue has to do with understanding that the situation is described by probabilities, not black and white, on or off, infected or not infected.

Constantly bringing up the anomalies and ignoring the data and overall 'flattening the curve' objective is not a balanced or nuanced view.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

These guys are all huddled together in the locker room.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...on-drops-study

You repeatedly seem to view something as not 100% or 99% effective as having questionable value. They can still have BIG effects on the final tallies of infection, symptomatic infection, hospitalizations, and deaths.
    Jesus H Christ...we've batted this around before on the MLB players who tested positive after being vaxed...remember the Yankees issues?

I think it has a lot to do with NBA/NHL/MLB/NFL players being randomly tested very very often. They pick up cases that we would normally not know about. Teletech cherry picking professional athletes to make a point that vaccines are not effective is being disingenuous and I don't understand why he's doing that. He claims to be open minded but can't absorb any information that is counter to his narrative about professional athletes. Doesn't seem very open minded.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

There's no way to see either side without actually having data. How many pro athletes are "fully vaccinated" by one shot of J&J 7 or 8 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Jesus H Christ...we've batted this around before on the MLB players who tested positive after being vaxed...remember the Yankees issues?

I think it has a lot to do with NBA/NHL/MLB/NFL players being randomly tested very very often. They pick up cases that we would normally not know about. Teletech cherry picking professional athletes to make a point that vaccines are not effective is being disingenuous and I don't understand why he's doing that. He claims to be open minded but can't absorb any information that is counter to his narrative about professional athletes. Doesn't seem very open minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There's no way to see either side without actually having data. How many pro athletes are "fully vaccinated" by one shot of J&J 7 or 8 months ago?
    both of these. Not to mention, pro athletes are in much closer proximity than most people. In locker rooms, buses, in huddles, etc. At my job, and virtually every white collar job and most blue collar ones, you don't hang out that close to other people, so close that they may literally be breathing on you. Add that in to the two things above, and voila, we get teletech with the usual BS of "how come vaccinated people are getting infected?"

Professional athletes are not a normal sample by a lot of different measures.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And then there’s rodgers who lied about his vax status

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    And then there’s rodgers who lied about his vax status
    and Brown who falsified his vax status.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Maybe part of the issue has to do with understanding that the situation is described by probabilities, not black and white, on or off, infected or not infected.

Constantly bringing up the anomalies and ignoring the data and overall 'flattening the curve' objective is not a balanced or nuanced view.
    ^this

Something to think about when you estrange family over Christmas because of their vax status.
    What I think about is that they're fucking it up for everyone else. If everyone would just get their shots, this thing would be close to endemic. I try to avoid inviting over selfish pricks for Christmas (kind of like Trump supporters) - not really people I wish to spend my time talking to - family or not.

3 of 64 admitted covid patients in one of our hospitals in town are vaccinated. The other 61 are unvaccinated. So when the hospitals called for more people to get vaccinated yesterday because staff is burnt out and emergency room waits are long and surgeries are now being postponed...the antivax snowflake victims are like, what about those 3? Why aren't you mad at them?

It is like arguing with someone about what color a clear blue sky is. No point.

Shit could not be more obvious.

It is a cult.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-17-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    3 of 64 people in one of our hospitals in town are vaccinated. So when the hospitals called for more people to get vaccinated yesterday because staff is burnt out and emergency room waits are long and surgeries are now being postponed...the antivax snowflake victims are like, what about those 3? Why aren't you mad at them?

It is like arguing with someone about what color a clear blue sky is. No point.

Shit could not be more obvious.

It is a cult.
    you mean 3 are unvaccinated, right?

3 of 64 have the vaccine. I always have to edit my posts 1000 times to get them to sorta make sense.

someone who remains critical of the vaccines Because the vaccines do not provide lifetime, sterilizing immunity ( such that a vaccinated person cannot carry and potentially shed, and potentially 'transmit' the virus is -I believe- very genuine in his beliefs -

... considering that in October he believed his 70%-vaccinated community was immune to covid.

being a constant critic of the vaccines is not a neutral position
    ( unrealistic demands is not a neutral position ).

the vaccines aren't perfect - but they have provided hundreds of millions of people from a potentially deadly disease ;

team sports is not representative of 'normal' life -
    the nfl is changing Policy to accelerate the return of players who have tested positive.

I think we are crazy to be crowding into stadiums and (especially) arenas to watch (team sports. or other perfomances ) ...

There may be better vaccine technology in the future ( - perhaps even the near future ) ;
    for now, I am grateful for what we have and I am grateful for the potection vaccination provides.

the effects of omicron remain to be known --

Please Be vaccinated - and boostered.

tj