Page 702 of 929 FirstFirst ... 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... LastLast
Results 17,526 to 17,550 of 23206
    WHO knows who funds them (USA#1 PRC#2). They could have used "Chi" but since Emperor Xi locks people up for Winnie the Pooh likeness cartoons they know who not to piss off inadvertently.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    You would think not, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?
    In the meantime, I would be the first one in line for that 4th shot
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Why can't we hope CV19 eventually dies down like other SARS?? All we really need is 80%-90% vaxed globally right? Oh wait, because polyass...
    Yes i see this the same way... we have a conservative/green goverment and the right wing is using there wheight in antivaxx group.
    It is soooooo stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    WHO knows who funds them (USA#1 PRC#2). They could have used "Chi" but since Emperor Xi locks people up for Winnie the Pooh likeness cartoons they know who not to piss off inadvertently.
    Yup. They know where their bread is buttered. The fact that WHO is playing political games with the simple naming of variants says it all. No Xi variant? The memes would've been legendary. We got robbed of that slow pitch. I demand justice for the Xi variant! It deserved its time in the spotlight too but nnnnoooooo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

So sorry you can't enjoy your sick memes about all the people dying. This is all about you anyway, right?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    So sorry you can't enjoy your sick memes about all the people dying. This is all about you anyway, right?
    Not familiar with trench humor? Geez. You must be fun at parties.

BTW, how's that ignore function working out for you? Must be broken right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Lulz, it's so fucking obvious what MF is trying to peddle.
    Those unclean yellow peril virus engineers, bending the semantic agenda to extend their evil political ends, heaven forbid.
    Next, he'll have a full Facebook exposé complete with cellphone pictures of his local hospital.
    Don't blame him, he's just regurgitating the conservative blogosphere. If it weren't for copy paste, he'd barely participate.

I got Pfizer #3 a couple of weeks ago, less reaction than the 2nd jab.

Daughter (10) had her 2nd dose yesterday and has a fever this morning but otherwise good to go.
    She mentioned kids in her class that aren't getting vaxed, seems good that kids are talking about it. Also a fair amount of unvaccinated kids at the Boulder high school, per my sitter.

Got the flu jab on Monday. I gotta get the shingles vax damnit.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Getting close to the end of the Greek alphabet with all this letter skipping. So what alphabet comes up next to name the variants? I vote for Basque so we don't have any confusion with world leaders.

I'm still having trouble believing the SA data showing Omicron went from 1% to 90% in about 15 days. That can't be right. Measles would be jelous.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Getting close to the end of the Greek alphabet with all this letter skipping. So what alphabet comes up next to name the variants? I vote for Basque so we don't have any confusion with world leaders.
    Start naming them like they do hurricanes. Maybe start with “Audrey”.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Certainly still preferred to actually getting shingles.
    My grandpa, who (separate occasions) had been shot and broke both tibs/fibs in a fight with a D8 dozer -requiring him to crawl a mile to help - told me shingles was the worst pain he’s ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm still having trouble believing the SA data showing Omicron went from 1% to 90% in about 15 days. That can't be right. Measles would be jelous.
    I imagine it's sampling issues. It's possible that happened for the clusters they were observing or where there was material testing, but I agree that feels unlikely if there was any sort of widescale testing program.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yes you do. Same with riser
    I’d been real hesitant because a guy I worked with had a bad reaction from it and damn near died. This was like 15 years ago.

But this year with three Covid and one flu shots already in the arm, I figured I should follow Bunions advice to Harry (“hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby”) and get shingles vax too.

Reaction was about the same as a flu vax. Much gentler reaction than P3. Pharmacist sez get next one >3 & <6 months.
    Shingles is serious. My wife got it at 45, and two years later the virus is still stretching 5 her eyesight in one eye

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

I was in Safeway the other day around lunch time a whole bunch of high school kids came in, to get stuff for luck i guess, none had a mask.

And in uk at least, the latest wave was sorted mostly by secondary school kids

Anyone got any insights on how maksing vs no masking impacts breakthrough infections and hospitalizations? What I'm getting at is that I have a hunch that people fully vaxxed are also more likely to be masked up in public indoor spaces.. just more careful in general everywhere.. So, it's hard to say that it's 100% the vax causing the lower infection/hospitalization rates among fully vaxxed people.

Can someone give me a control masking variable for dummies explanation of how that's managed in the real world? I somewhat remember how they managed that during initial trials.. but out in the wild not so sure with Delta changing things..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Anyone got any insights on how maksing vs no masking impacts breakthrough infections and hospitalizations? What I'm getting at is that I have a hunch that people fully vaxxed are also more likely to be masked up in public indoor spaces.. just more careful in general everywhere.. So, it's hard to say that it's 100% the vax causing the lower infection/hospitalization rates among fully vaxxed people.

Can someone give me a control masking variable for dummies explanation of how that's managed in the real world? I somewhat remember how they managed that during initial trials.. but out in the wild not so sure with Delta changing things..

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I was in Safeway the other day around lunch time a whole bunch of high school kids came in, to get stuff for luck i guess, none had a mask.
    Hilarious seeing boomers and such get so freaked out by groups of teens all over again. "Yes, police? Yeah. I'm at the drive-in and there's a group of young hooligans hanging out. The guys have pompadours, so I'm sure they're up to no good! Some even have skateboards!"

"I tHinK THeY waNT mE tO diE!!! WhY Don'T TheY CARe?!"

It's not like people are dying because other people aren't wearing masks.. oh wait..

I feel like kids have been a lot better with masking than adults in general. At least that's been my personal experience, but it could also reflect living in an area with good mask compliance overall.

I feel like kids have been a lot better with masking than adults in general. At least that's been my personal experience, but it could also reflect living in an area with good mask compliance overall.
    Agreed. Although we have some parents that have told their kids to take their masks off on the bus when they leave school, knowing that the bus drivers won't enforce the mask requirement because they get paid shitty and the buses are a free for all...we don't have our kids on the buses.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed. Although we have some parents that have told their kids to take their masks off on the bus when they leave school, knowing that the bus drivers won't enforce the mask requirement because they get paid shitty and the buses are a free for all...we don't have our kids on the buses.
    Double agreed - my kids think nothing of it. They put on the mask when we go somewhere that requires it - and often leave it on while driving home.

No complaints - and they are not shy about registering complaints.

But, yeah, very influenced by their community.

That's been my observation through this whole thing. I have to remind my three boys they can take them off when they leave school. They hardly ever complain and it seems the kids on the elementary playground and those walking around the middle of high school have no problem with it. But yes, it's a high mask compliance area for sure with responsible parents so the ridiculous pushback never got a hold here.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Hilarious seeing boomers and such get so freaked out by groups of teens all over again. "Yes, police? Yeah. I'm at the drive-in and there's a group of young hooligans hanging out. The guys have pompadours, so I'm sure they're up to no good! Some even have skateboards!"

"I tHinK THeY waNT mE tO diE!!! WhY Don'T TheY CARe?!"
    Are you suggesting that Rod’s post seemed like a boomer freaking out? Seemed like an observation to me, no hyperbole unlike every post that you make. Pompadours? Boomers would be more likely to have a pompadour than kids today.

More seriously, what’s wrong with one of the most vulnerable groups being concerned about being indoors with unmasked people? You really are a first class moron. Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Speaking of masks, I listen to this podcast on raising boys in this current era and they had a decent pod on masks. https://www.on-boys-podcast.com/keep...atory-viruses/

I knew there was wide variety in the effectiveness of masks based on technology, but this discussion was good to hear how to get a good mask that keeps you and yours safe from the numbskulls that are wearing the masks on their chins, noses hanging out, fake masks (see above), etc.

It makes me think it would be very difficult to ascertain how well masks work even in areas with decent mask compliance because people may be using masks that are not very effective.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that