Page 700 of 929 FirstFirst ... 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,500 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post

And there are a lot of valid reasons to bitch about big pharma. Rapid development of highly effective vaccines that they sell to the government for $25 a pop and give to consumers for 0 out of pocket isn't one of them.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Yabut ..... they've been dragging their heels forever on a a cure for herpes and dentists.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am beginning to wonder whether we will all need to get a 4th shot to protect us against this new variant. Then, in a month or so another variant will surface that will require (or command) a 5th shot, then a 6th, and so on and so forth.
    I sometimes wonder whether big Pharma sees a pay day, and rides this wave until one day the bubble bursts. A lot of people complained about US involvement in the Middle East due to its interest in oil, but any US oil profiteering concerns are trumped by big Pharma (the true big bro) 100 fold.
    End of rant
    Well, it's not like it's some kind of conspiracy. That's just how viruses behave.

I am beginning to wonder whether we will all need to get a 4th shot to protect us against this new variant. Then, in a month or so another variant will surface that will require (or command) a 5th shot, then a 6th, and so on and so forth.
    So what ?

My first flu shot was 1976 for the Swine Flu and I have gotten them annually ever since. So probably 40 to 45 flu shots. Tetnus booster every 10 years or so. OG Shingles vax, then 8 years later the 2-step shingles vax. 17 different vaccines at boot camp. 11 shots for anthrax prior to Persian Gulf deployment.

I probably have close to 100 vaccine shots in me. Keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

You would think not, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?
    In the meantime, I would be the first one in line for that 4th shot
    My goverment wants to keep me alive! And they want to keep this country running and milk those tourists!

Status quo ! Noo good

48h after baseweld good as new.
    No magnetism noted. The updates for the microchip took forever.

Just FYI - this makes you sound like a moran.

NTTAWWT.

Two words;

Mind

Control

The alternative to periodic vax until COVID is gone is masks indoor public spaces 24/7/365. I'd prefer the vax..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/omicron...-alert-raised/

Omicron COVID variant was in Europe before South African scientists detected and flagged it to the world

"It is not yet clear whether the people concerned [in the earlier cases] have also been to southern Africa," the RIVM said, adding that the individuals had been informed of their Omicron infections and that local health services had started contact tracing.

South African politicians and scientists have said they feel as though they're being punished for their advanced COVID-19 screening program, which caught the variant and enabled other nations to respond quickly to it, but has resulted in the travel bans which largely target southern African nations.

I wish the US had a better Covid surveillance system. In the US, are there any governments other than a few universities that are surveilling wastewater? I mean apparently NSA had a very robust mobile phone surveillance system.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    More vax than man!

But seriously, yours is a contentious approach/history for personal health. It's sort of sad that our standard in the US would see this as an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    So what ?

My first flu shot was 1976 for the Swine Flu and I have gotten them annually ever since. So probably 40 to 45 flu shots. Tetnus booster every 10 years or so. OG Shingles vax, then 8 years later the 2-step shingles vax. 17 different vaccines at boot camp. 11 shots for anthrax prior to Persian Gulf deployment.

This is the same as my vaccination history. No big deal. People are giant babies

Early "reports" from Israel... I'd take it with a grain of salt at this point, but who knows.

"Later in the evening, a report by Channel 12 said the Pfizer vaccine is just slightly less effective in preventing infection with Omicron than with Delta – 90% as opposed to 95% – while it is as effective in preventing serious symptoms – around 93% – at least for those vaccinated with a booster.
    In addition, according to the report, the ability of the variant to infect is higher than Delta but not as much as feared – around 1.3 times higher.
    At the same time, those not inoculated have a 2.4 times greater chances of developing serious symptoms – a significant figure.
    A spokesperson for the Health Ministry, however, said the ministry was not yet in possession of the data published by channel 12.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wel...tuesday-687392

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/omicron...-alert-raised/

Omicron COVID variant was in Europe before South African scientists detected and flagged it to the world

"It is not yet clear whether the people concerned [in the earlier cases] have also been to southern Africa," the RIVM said, adding that the individuals had been informed of their Omicron infections and that local health services had started contact tracing.

South African politicians and scientists have said they feel as though they're being punished for their advanced COVID-19 screening program, which caught the variant and enabled other nations to respond quickly to it, but has resulted in the travel bans which largely target southern African nations.
    Given the low sequencing rate in SA, it's not surprising they have a case in the data looking back that leaked out of SA. Given the prevalence in southern Africa, it is likely that the variant emerged there first.

If that is not the case, we should rejoice because if it originated in Europe and has not established any prevalence there in a longer time than it took to become 90% of the cases in South Africa, then maybe we don't have much to worry about. But I don't think so.

I honestly find something very odd about how fast this took over in SA. 2 weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Im pretty sure you and your ancestors didn't have to go through the toba eruption bottleneck because you're so much smarter than everyone else.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    More vax than man!
    ABSOLUTELY IMMUNE !
    opening song of Blizzard Of Ahhhs

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I have received a flu shot every year since 1988. Every other suggested vaccine except shingles. In 2021, I have already had 3 COVID shots. My thing is that I am not comfortable getting 4-6 (or more) shot for the same virus and its variants. Hoping that starting in 2022, the only vaccines that I need is one flu shot and one COVID shot.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I have received a flu shot every year since 1988. Every other suggested vaccine except shingles. In 2021, I have already had 3 COVID shots. My thing is that I am not comfortable getting 4-6 (or more) shot for the same virus and its variants. Hoping that starting in 2022, the only vaccines that I need is one flu shot and one COVID shot.
    You are not alone. Until last year I had gone 15 years without a flu shot because I don't like the idea of the shotgun approach used for influenza. That reluctance went right out the window last fall.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So you are willing to get 30+ shots for 1 virus, but for another virus your limit is 3 ?

I have no limit. I do have a preference. 30 flu vaccines in 30 years. vs. 3+ in one year. Don't you see the difference? I know that you do. You are a member of MENSA after all.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If you ever had chicken pox you have shingles waiting to erupt. I had shingles pre-vaccines and trust me you do not want these painful eruptions radiating down a nerve pathway.
    Every other suggested vaccine except shingles.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If you ever had chicken pox you have shingles waiting to erupt. I had shingles pre-vaccines and trust me you do not want these painful eruptions radiating down a nerve pathway.
    This. Fuck those shingles things. First vax I got as a 50yo.

I'm not sure why my doc discouraged me. I usually listen to the pros, even though I may complain about it.

Why can't we hope CV19 eventually dies down like other SARS?? All we really need is 80%-90% vaxed globally right? Oh wait, because polyass...

i never had a shingles vax
    need to get signed up

I got Shingrex1 like three or four years ago then everyone was out of of it. Originally was supposed to get 2 in 90 days... out of it so they said 180 days.. still out of it so they said up to 1 year.. still impossible to find.. At about 18 months git the second and they said it was still sufficient even that far apart.. Seems like they backfit the requirement to match the availability. Just glad I got something instead of nothing.