Page 742 of 929 FirstFirst ... 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 23206
    The nfl is famous for caring about the health and safety of their players, role model organization

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The nfl is famous for caring about the health and safety of their players, role model organization
    Who’s being hurt here? Why test vaccinated asymptomatic players?
    Should they start testing for the flu?

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Just go full polyass covid denialist, pussy. That’s clearly the theme now

there’s a case to be made pro/con, but the nfl is a piece of shit org, run by pieces of shit.

There are a whole lot of ancillary workers not making $MM/year that make the NFL tick. I would not want to be a steward on the flights those teams use to travel.

The people making the decisions will keep getting their percentages of ad revenue. The shit will trickle down but I wouldn't count on the money doing the same.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Just go full polyass covid denialist, pussy. That’s clearly the theme now

there’s a case to be made pro/con, but the nfl is a piece of shit org, run by pieces of shit.
    Right to the name calling….

I’m not a Covid denialist. I was on it, and very concerned way before mainstream media even gave it more than a blurb. I’ve been fully vaccinated since last February, probably long before most here (I had access to it earlier than most). But I’m also a realist. And not a fear Peddler. I’m not living the rest of my life like it’s July ‘20. A lot of people seem to relish that.

And I agree Roger Goodell is a clown.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm supposed to fly into Newark on Wednesday. Really not stoked. Luckily I will get my car and head straight to the boonies. To hang with my entirely unvaccinated family (besides mom)......ughhhh. As if Xmas didn't already suck enough.

Good luck WRG, I fly to San Antonio on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    What would Jesus say that number should be? Asking for my deeply religious friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    with 7B people in the world it is impossible to achieve herd immunity through infection because basically any mutation at all is going to get lots of new versions before enough people have immunity, and whenever one evades immunity well enough it's a restart. Higher R0 values exacerbate this.

Given that worldwide spread of delta and omicron are both so much faster we probably need faster vaccine adjustments. 4 months may be too long.
    How can we shorten new vaccine deployment much faster than we already have? By the time we have an Omicron specific vaccine (developed, approved, and administered), the Omicron wave most likely will have passed and a new variant will emerge (see my post above showing Omicron wave already ebbing in South Africa). Unless we are develop a vaccine that prevents infection from the variant du jour, and future variants du jour (not just severe disease), it appears COVID will become endemic in the near future and be with us forever. And you can't blame vaccine holdouts for this occurring (although vaccine resistance certainly doesn't help).

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    How can we shorten new vaccine deployment much faster than we already have? By the time we have an Omicron specific vaccine (developed, approved, and administered), the Omicron wave most likely will have passed and a new variant will emerge (see my post above showing Omicron wave already ebbing in South Africa). Unless we are develop a vaccine that prevents infection from the variant du jour, and future variants du jour (not just severe disease), it appears COVID will become endemic in the near future and be with us forever. And you can't blame vaccine holdouts for this occurring (although vaccine resistance certainly doesn't help).
    You just restated the same reason I said, so you obviously understand the why. The method would probably be some variation of assuming that mRNA vaccines are similar enough (just with different RNA) so that a complete test regimen is unnecessary. As an extreme example, roll out phase I to a very large group, change the controls for phase II and III to use unvaccinated populations (gives up blind testing, obviously) and do this concurrent with general rollout if supplies can support it. In a nutshell: accept more risk on the vaccine side versus the probability that a new variant with a high R0 will turn out to be safe.

It's too late to do that with omicron before we know whether it matters, so hopefully this one is the variant that shows we don't need to. We should know soon.

And do all of that on a global scale.

Why shut down a business when vaccinated players, with few to zero symptoms, test positive? There is no good reason.
    I'd say because the #1 goal in any pandemic should be to try to limit viral spread.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    If you rearrange the letters of “delta + omicron” you get “media control”

Or you can get “erotic almond”

Do what you want with this information
    Name:  omcrn.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  51.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd say because the #1 goal in any pandemic should be to try to limit viral spread.
    Yeah, but we don't wanna. Can we have a cookie instead? Or how about compromise - pass virus around and have cookie?

That's the pandemic to date

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Yeah, but we don't wanna. Can we have a cookie instead? Or how about compromise - pass virus around and have cookie?

That's the pandemic to date
    It's more like "yeah, but I'll be fine if I get it. Who cares about those fat and old people?"

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...vid-death-rate

Of every 100,000 residents, 25 died of Covid in Trump counties in October, compared to the 7.8 in Biden-voting counties
    Pretty crazy

yes, this^^^

Thank you. tj

It's more like "yeah, but I'll be fine if I get it. Who cares about those fat and old people?"
    Or healthcare workers, or people who need acute medical care, or the cost to our economy.

Do we get milk with this cookie?

Right to the name calling….

I’m not a Covid denialist. I was on it, and very concerned way before mainstream media even gave it more than a blurb. I’ve been fully vaccinated since last February, probably long before most here (I had access to it earlier than most). But I’m also a realist. And not a fear Peddler. I’m not living the rest of my life like it’s July ‘20. A lot of people seem to relish that.

And I agree Roger Goodell is a clown.
    Stay in your lane fat boy. This isn’t North Korea

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm standing in line for the booster now, got Moderna originally, is the thinking still to cross and get the Pfizer booster?

??

I think you’re good with either Moderna or Pfizer……I seem to remember hearing the J and J one isn’t as effective, but hopefully one our experts will chime in……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm standing in line for the booster now, got Moderna originally, is the thinking still to cross and get the Pfizer booster?
    I crossed the river in the opposite direction, Pfizer => Moderna.

do you prefer Drumz>Space or Space>Drumz?

Moderna booster is 50 ug, half the dose of its original series. Pfizer is 30 ug, staying the same as the original two. I would (and did) go for the bigger dose and stick with Moderna. More seems better- assuming you were not knocked out for 3 days with the original series or have other concerns.