Page 26 of 929 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There was a survey from several weeks ago, before the vaccine was available, that included all non-medical staff and remote workers across two states.

That doesn't reflect the local hospital at all. Every doc I know got vaccinated as soon as they could.
    Kind of along these lines, a coworker of mine's wife is an ICU Covid nurse. She's been wracked by all this, having had patients die alone, etc.. Anyway, she's scheduled for her first shot next Tuesday. I was surprised that she didn't already have it. Seems the Administration and their office staff already got theirs but the frontline staff didn't get scheduled until after the first group. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Kind of along these lines, a coworker of mine's wife is an ICU Covid nurse. She's been wracked by all this, having had patients die alone, etc.. Anyway, she's scheduled for her first shot next Tuesday. I was surprised that she didn't already have it. Seems the Administration and their office staff already got theirs but the frontline staff didn't get scheduled until after the first group. Nice...
    "This is why we're in charge."
    -Some cunt in charge

Yeah, I have a facebook friend from high school that was showing her band aid and saying she got her vaccine. She works from home as a patient scheduler, is healthy in her 40’s. This vaccine roll-out doesn’t seem to be going well.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

i know of an optometry office in NE WA where only the doc agreed to take the shot

the age of arrogance

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...formation.html

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1111/jan.14369

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    i know of an optometry office in NE WA where only the doc agreed to take the shot

the age of arrogance

Perhaps the doc should make the vaccine a condition of employment. Assuming it's his/her office. I'd be inclined to do it if I was an employer...

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    so I was looking at the list and OBESE FAT FUCKS are right up there on the list for people with Chronic heart and lung issues WTF????? to get a shot
    what a country we live in???? you can eat all the shit food you want and never exercise and you get a shot before anyone else
    FUCK THIS SHIT
    The idea is to vaccinate the most at-risk first, not to pass judgment on them.

^second link is more relevant to that, didn’t have it handy

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    so I was looking to find out when I can get my shot since I don't do much to protect myself I figured it'd be a good idea to get in line as fast as I can
    got a nice list of medical issues I was born with just got the shit end of the deal from god and now I gotta run with it so I take my health seriously which blows but you gotta do what you gotta do and I try my best
    so I was looking at the list and OBESE FAT FUCKS are right up there on the list for people with Chronic heart and lung issues WTF????? to get a shot
    what a country we live in???? you can eat all the shit food you want and never exercise and you get a shot before anyone else
    FUCK THIS SHIT
    Given the shortage of hospital and ICU beds they have no choice but to prioritize the people most likely to wind up in one, rather than the people most likely to transmit the virus, which would be preferred from an epidemiological standpoint.

Fred probably wouldnt like the universal HC or perhaps its just an inabilty for a rugged individualist to even understand the concept of the word

i've discussed this before with TGR types "yeah universal HC would be great but I don't wana pay for fat fucks"

universal means everybody eh

due to age & the type II diabetic thing i am probably in line for earlier than later
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What the hell kind of leadership is that???

I work for more than one organization. None of that BS happened. Patient care providers were first. Hospital staff and leaders that didn't do direct care were all week 2 or 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just got it......They’re making us wait 15 minutes afterwards, apparently to make sure you don’t die, start eating people, or broadcasting in 5G......I am not currently experiencing any of those.....

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Just got it......They’re making us wait 15 minutes afterwards, apparently to make sure you don’t die, start eating people, or broadcasting in 5G......I am not currently experiencing any of those.....
    Congrats on the upgrade!

How much does did politics play into whether to get a shot or not, to distance to wear a mask, to take it seriuosly ?

how many serious trumptard RW whacko nutjobs are not getting the shot in solidarity cuz the orange bobble headed dumb ass didnt get one ?

even medical types, i read some thing on the internet (so it msut be true ) that half the nurses in a unit in texas were gona skip a vaccine

I work for more than one organization. None of that BS happened. Patient care providers were first. Hospital staff and leaders that didn't do direct care were all week 2 or 3.
    The short answer to your question is, poor. I was pretty shocked. This is a relatively large hospital organization that made this decision. It's ridiculous. The order you describe is exactly what it should be. In this case, it was reversed.

ETA: Out of curiosity, I looked for stories on the roll-out for this organization. For this hospital in particular, they received the vaccine a week ago with shots starting that day. In the story, they claimed that frontline staff such as ICU, ER, so forth would be first in line with administration to get it later. You would assume that within a week, the frontline staff would have received their shots by now. As it is, it appears my coworker's wife will be one day short of a full two weeks from the date of the story. Something is awry.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    that's just what they want you to think
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I'm a full time COVID ICU Nurse at a Level 1 Academic Medical Center and I very nearly missed out on the first batch, which would have bumped me past January 4th. Their system broke down and even though we were giving shots 14 hours a day, I wasn't given a spot. I had to call my manager on a friday night and make a big stink. She called our service line director who said I could come in right then. I think it was more just cluster-fuckery than prioritizing the wrong people but still. The rollout was not well organised, and based on how the rest of this has been handled by my hospital I'm really not surprised. Cutting staff back to the bare minimum in every dept. has been the MO for years and now it's biting us in the ass worse than ever. Well, my ass, not admin. All that said, we started vaccinating on the 15th, I got mine on the 18th, and now 40% of our clinical staff, 6500 people have gotten their first dose. So overall the news is good.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post

the age of arrogance

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1111/jan.14369
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Perhaps the doc should make the vaccine a condition of employment. Assuming it's his/her office. I'd be inclined to do it if I was an employer...
    This is starting to become a real problem in rural areas. Healthcare workers are leaving in droves due to being shunned and even threatened by conspiracy theory assholes.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/28/95086...from-small-tow

Edit- I had a pretty bad headache for a couple days starting about 24 hours out. Worth it.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 12-30-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

ETA: Out of curiosity, I looked for stories on the roll-out for this organization. For this hospital in particular, they received the vaccine a week ago with shots starting that day. In the story, they claimed that frontline staff such as ICU, ER, so forth would be first in line with administration to get it later. You would assume that within a week, the frontline staff would have received their shots by now. As it is, it appears my coworker's wife will be one day short of a full two weeks from the date of the story. Something is awry.
    I don't know shit about fuck, but I was under the impression that many institutions were spreading out vaccinations for front line staff over a week or two, to avoid any issue with a large number of people calling in sick due to short-term side effects of getting vaccinated. If all of your ER nurses stay home for a day or two with mild vaccine related symptoms, that's not ideal.

Assuming the hospital had enough doses to cover at risk staff as well as administration, it doesn't seem unreasonable for administration to get their doses while the more at risk staff is getting theirs on whatever schedule is appropriate for staffing related concerns.

yeah " Toxic individualism " thats what I'm talking about

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/28/95086...from-small-tow

Stanford residents briefly went on strike after they were left out of the first wave while work-from-home attendings got it.
    AFAIC only HCW's who do direct patient care--I consider custodial services to be direct patient care--should be in the highest priority. People who do not do direct patient care should not be in patient care areas. Newsom and Cuomo among others have threatened consequences if people are vaccinated out of turn. I hope those are not idle threats. Someone needs to be made an example of.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In NT, there's a graphics driver model where the display driver (which translates the GDI or D3D apis into device specific drawing commands) in user mode needs to communicate with the miniport which has access to the device memory in kernel mode. In OpenGL parlance, this is an ICD driver. The idea is that the display driver fills a memory buffer with drawing commands, then tells the miniport to consume that block of memory, usually via some sort of DMA variant.

In order to reuse that buffer efficiently, the display driver needs to know when the device has consumed the memory. In *nix, signal() can do that, but NT has no such mechanism. Since virtually all graphics devices expose an interrupt mechanism that can be programmed to raise when a buffer is consumed , the trick was to hook up that hardware level bit to some NT based alert mechanism. So, there's a way to create user mode events and pass them down into kernel mode where they can be converted into an underlying kernel mode event synchronization object.

The part of an OS that gets called to handle an interrupt, called an Interrupt Service Routine (ISR), in NT can't access synchronization objects like kernel mode events. So there's another widget down in the NT kernel called a Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) that can set the kernel mode event and a DPC can be scheduled to run from an ISR.

There's a bunch of other decorations about locking down user mode memory so it's not pageable, but the basic idea is to associate a user mode event handle to a surface and let the Display Driver do a WaitForSingleObject() call on that user mode event after submitting the buffer for rendering and getting woken up when the DPC, scheduled by the ISR at interrupt time, sets the underlying kernel mode event.

So I put in all that plumbing which allows graphics apps to optimize their graphics buffer usage and do composition on a surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The whole thing was so bungled from a marketing point of view.

If you ever used the serial port on the thing, that was my code.

There was also some really dirty stuff going on that ended up with a suicide.
    Without going into specifics, one of the engineers was running an investment fund for middle management in WinCE that involved insider trading.
    When we other engineers found out about it, we complained because we felt it stilted the already vicious review process, but were rebuffed by Mundie who wouldn't let us develop a smart/game cell phone.
    The guy running the investments eventually got in over his head and lost everything in the 2006 crash and killed himself. Plus a bunch of people got caught doing insider trading.

Really fucked up.

Ha ha. Those are some fucking amazing stories.

As for the OS, that's seriously low level (I didn't understand all of that). But I get it abstracting to events and signaling and locks/synch in Java. The whole inter process communications, from COM to modern stuff, and the way it works is mind-blowingly well put together. I'm surprised UNIX/LINUX has even survived - except it does have the whole text-file OS/DRIVER/BLAHBLAH going for it which is great for open source and hacking together new developments. The coworker stuff is fascinating.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Excerpted from a bulletin from CA Medical Board:
    "Licensees must adhere to the vaccine requirements, and failure to do so, including distribution or administration of vaccine doses contrary to the phase structure identified in the federal and state guidelines, may subject them to discipline, up to and including revocation of licensure.

CDPH will also be working with local health departments on compliance measures related to improper administration of the vaccine, including potential disenrollment from the COVID-19 Vaccination Program and/or CalVAX, thus preventing the ordering of additional COVID-19 vaccines and redistribution of COVID-19 vaccines to other compliant vaccination providers."

CDPH is CA Dept of Public Health.
    Providers who want to administer vaccine have to register to do so and have to agree to follow the CDPH guidelines (adapted from the CDC guidelines).

Currently CA is only publishing criteria for Phase 1A--HCW's and nursing home residents.

4+ hours and I have yet to contemplate cannibalism......Injection site isn’t even sore....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The idea is to vaccinate the most at-risk first, not to pass judgment on them.
    i reserve the right to pass judgment on anyone seriously I have had to change so much in the past year it sucks balls to watch other people carry on as they were and just take a pill to make it better irks me to no end change your diet drink less exercise

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Fred probably wouldnt like the universal HC or perhaps its just an inabilty for a rugged individualist to even understand the concept of the word

i've discussed this before with TGR types "yeah universal HC would be great but I don't wana pay for fat fucks"

universal means everybody eh

due to age & the type II diabetic thing i am probably in line for earlier than later
    give me my shot my blood work is fucked big time told me I was almost diabetic too cause I love sugar I thrive on it so now I cut 85% of the sugar out of my diet I can smell imaginary donuts cooking and it gets me all excited the cravings yeah I hate fat people

Spouse is scheduled for a shot on Monday. She's an LCMHC with her own practice. She's been mostly on telehealth sessions, however has a few clients that just can't do it that way, for a variety of legitimate reasons. She feels bad being near the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I am sure all the corporate legal teams are working on it.

Or maybe the new administration will mandate employment verification or vaccine. Get the IRS in on it.
    And really curious why haven't the fed's shut down the roads and closed the airports in colorado?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~