Page 639 of 929 FirstFirst ... 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    <snip> I know so many people with breakthrough cases.
    Well, now - THERE'S some solid science for ya...

If the cdc only tracks breakthrough cases that result In hospitalization and that graph is based on it. Vaccine is effective in people not dying. It doesn’t stop the spread. I know so many people with breakthrough cases.
    would you fucking quit with the skidog/MTU impersonation? That's not just a request, it's advice.

No, it doesn't STOP the spread, so I guess you're technically correct there. But it's obvious that your intent with this statement is that it is not effective at reducing the spread, and that is patently false. But you know it to be true because you know lots of breakthrough cases. Jesus fuck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If the cdc only tracks breakthrough cases that result In hospitalization and that graph is based on it.
    I want to see where you're getting that information because it really doesn't make sense. The CDC is tracking the number of new infections. I find it difficult to believe they are disregarding positive tests from people who are vaccinated, but haven't been hospitalized.

Stop the bullshit that the vaccine stops the spread. There a million articles that say it doesn’t. I know it doesn’t fit your narrative. Maybe it slows it Down slightly more If your vaccinated that’s it

I just posted it last page

Jesus fuck, indeed. Another DUMB motherfucker on the Ignore List.

Bless your heart.

Stop the bullshit that the vaccine stops the spread. There a million articles that say it doesn’t. I know it doesn’t fit your narrative. Maybe it slows it Down slightly more If your vaccinated that’s it
    Word of advice: Never go full retard.

Here's data from the aforementioned Ontario. Explain this away, ya chucklefuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaccine_case_effective1102.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	391263

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    A few weeks ago I got sucked into a facebook argument with an old high school buddy about the vax (something I try not to do). He had all the typical arguments, its not proven, it violates his freedom, hes pretty sure he has already had it so he is naturally immune now, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say I didnt convince him of shit.
    Yesterday this popped up on our group facebook page for our high school class... SAME GUY!

"Sorry I left this out, he is suffering from blood clots due to covid.
    Doug is in need of our prayers and good thoughts. He is fighting for his life.
    they were told yesterday that he would not survive, but we are asking EVERYONE TO PLEASE PRAY, and also praise God!!!
    & to Get a prayer out as fast as you can, to EVERYONE….
    From lou:
    Doug has stabilized on his back. They were not expecting this. The left leg is viable. Right leg will need amputated above knee. Vascular surgeon who told me there’s no hope yesterday, is taking him to surgery within the hour. There are no guarantees, we know this.
    I have been speaking to Doug through the HS. I know he can hear me.
    Doug had surgery and as far as I know at 5:20 on Tuesday, Doug made it through surgery but needs lots of prayers"

For what its worth he is in excellent shape (former military) as a mailman he walks miles a day. Bottom line get fucking vaccinated! Prayers are fucking worthless, get the vaccine!
    As a follow up to this post, here was what was posted by his family on Saturday "Today Doug has left earth and joined the Savior in heaven.
    Doug was a loved man - as a son, husband, father, brother, Marine, mailman, church member, friend or neighbor. Always a willing hand for anyone in need. The world is a better place because he was here. Now in paradise with Jesus Christ the King."
    So fucking stupid, how are those vaccine side affect fears treating you now buddy?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Boulder Community Hospital now also scheduling for ages 5-11: https://www.bch.org/our-services/inf...-vaccine/#kids

teletech -
    are your claims that someone who has been "fully vaccinated" Should have lifetime, 'sterilizing' immunity, such that there are no Breakthrough cases, and their (lifetime) immunity prevents them from ever 'transmitting' the virus ?

That would be a VERY high 'bar' for vaccination that has been available for less than a year, for a deadly disease that has been known for about two years. ...

please clarify. skiJ

postscript -

okay. I see your last couple posts - and
    given your current experience, I appreciate that some expected vaccination was going to 'stop' the disease from spreading. . .

'slow the spread' and 'slow transmission' are Not the same thing as 'stop'-ping transmission, And
    there are multiple factors that contribute to vaccination being effective toward creating population immunity.
    namely, sufficient participation that the virus does not have reservoirs of Unvaccinated hosts. 'We' don't have that - I don't believe given the current social climate that prizes personal 'freedom' as sacred, I don't believe we could have that
    ( it is mentioned up-thread - today, we could not have eradicated polio. )

it is ironic to me, that you were (hesitant. my word) to see children vaccinated, and now are very dissatisfied -
    ( in my region, schools and school activities are often implicated in the spread of covid. )

I will close with a two part rhetorical, hypothetical question.
    - Where Might you be without being vaccinated (?) , and
    - would you prefer that outcome (?)

respectfully. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-02-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Let's be clear that there's a difference between counting breakthrough cases versus tracking breakthrough cases. They are being counted, it's just that they aren't being specifically tracked unless the person is hospitalized. I agree with the general tenor of the Guardian article that better data on breakthrough cases would be beneficial, but I don't agree with your assessment that seems to suggest that the CDC simply isn't counting breakthrough cases at all.

As a follow up to this post, here was what was posted by his family on Saturday "Today Doug has left earth and joined the Savior in heaven.
    Doug was a loved man - as a son, husband, father, brother, Marine, mailman, church member, friend or neighbor. Always a willing hand for anyone in need. The world is a better place because he was here. Now in paradise with Jesus Christ the King."
    So fucking stupid, how are those vaccine side affect fears treating you now buddy?
    Jeebus Teleee, that’s brutal. Entirely predictable and not shocking, but brutal…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I live in the bible belt of the narth and while a huge whack of the deniers are god heads there are also a fair number of secular anti-vaxxers

are the mo-mo's all anti vaxers ?

at least i am safe in the craft brews cuz they check everyone every time, even if they know you they want to scan your code and I always say thank you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I am vaccinated with Pfizer 2nd dose middle June. I got it, everybody in my family got it. The guardian article I posted yesterday said the same thing.

That Ontario graph is not The NY Times one

I am vaccinated with Pfizer 2nd dose middle June. I got it, everybody in my family got it.
    And you're all okay so far, right? Don't you agree that's the most important thing?

Going for my booster now. Getting Moderna, had Pfizer previously.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

One had a fever for over a week, wife hasn’t left the bed in 3 days. One complains of this car sick feeling that comes and goes. One has ringing in her head and balance is off. It’s nasty shit, that has hit hard even though we’re vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And you're all okay so far, right? Don't you agree that's the most important thing?
    Don't bother. He's being a douche for douche's sake. I'll save you the trouble: he'll agree that vax prevents the worse-case disease. Then pivot to it shouldn't be mandated because it doesn't STOP spread entirely like chickenpox. Then throw some shade to people because he thinks we're being too tough on the stick-in-mud antivax kooks. Then when you point out that vax does in fact mitigate spread, he'll cite his article and his family. Then repeat.

Saved you^ three days of threads.

I am vaccinated with Pfizer 2nd dose middle June. I got it, everybody in my family got it. The guardian article I posted yesterday said the same thing.
    did you die ?

I guess you will never know if you got your moneys worth?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If people actually believe in heaven and that it’s a paradise, why wait to get there?

Seems Doug was the smart one……..suckers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Don't bother. He's being a douche for douche's sake. I'll save you the trouble: he'll agree that vax prevents the worse-case disease. Then pivot to it shouldn't be mandated because it doesn't STOP spread entirely like chickenpox. Then throw some shade to people because he thinks we're being too tough on the stick-in-mud antivax kooks. Then when you point out that vax does in fact mitigate spread, he'll cite his article and his family. Then repeat.

Saved you^ three days of threads.
    You're right, of course. I just don't understand the conniptions people are willing to go through to convince themselves that vaccines aren't effective.

If the cdc only tracks breakthrough cases that result In hospitalization and that graph is based on it. Vaccine is effective in people not dying. It doesn’t stop the spread. I know so many people with breakthrough cases.
    How many were hospitalized or died? And how many is “so many”?

At the hospital that I work at we do have vaccinated patients in the icu and a couple of them are on ventilators. They are elderly and have other significant comorbidities. We have other vaccinated patients that are Covid positive but are asymptotic and presented for other reasons. More than 85% of the patients being treated for symptomatic Covid infection are unvaccinated. We’ve seen healthy people with no comorbidities as young as 30 and unvaccinated die as a result of Covid.

We’re a mid size regional hospital that serves a large rural population. When compared to the rest of WA state we have poor numbers when it comes to vaccination but it’s slowly improving in large part(IMO)because people are seeing their friends and family die or acquire long term disabling pulmonary damage.

In areas with high vaccination rates there are fewer cases, hospitalizations and deaths per 100k. That sure sounds like it’s slowing the spread to me. The more people that get vaccinated the slower the virus can spread, even Delta, and eventually it will become a small concern. That’s how vaccines work. People are really impatient, we have only been vaccinating for 10 months, it took years or decades to reach a point where smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, pertussis etc became a problem that we really don’t worry about anymore. If you like not worrying about those diseases it’s the smart choice to get vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just talking about spread.still just talking about spread