Page 394 of 929 FirstFirst ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 23206

Thread: To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I've been thinking about how to make this point without coming off like a dick it is what it is. You don't need the government or anyone else to pay your employees to get vaccinated if you think that is what should happen. You can make that decision on your own as their employer.
    Yeah, I've thought about that a lot as well. But if I, solely as the business owner, offer to pay employees to get the vaccine, it will inject a very political discussion into the workplace. And I try pretty hard to keep that sort of political shit out of work (or at least out of my relationship with my employees) because it's guaranteed to make things toxic. On the other hand, if the government is publicly offering it as an incentive that passes through businesses, I can offer that to employees without personally wading into the fray. It adds a level of disconnect that's actually pretty valuable, at least in my particular situation.

It's not about the money; I'd happily pay a chunk of money for employees to get vaccinated, regardless of any government incentives. It's 100% about not turning my workplace into a political dumpster fire.

I dunno, maybe my situation is just unique as a small business with a pro vax owner and anti vax employees.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Really? We have to pay these assholes to get jabbed? More like tell them they are not covered for Covid related hospital bills that can't be eliminated through doing a BK.
    Fuck those stoopid people.
    Young people aren't even slightly concerned about the hospital or medical bills, because they don't think they have any chance of incurring any.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    If I required vaccinations, I'm 99% sure everyone would quit.
    I dunno, maybe my situation is just unique as a small business with a pro vax owner and anti vax employees.
    What business are you in that 99% would quit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

With Delta in the house, how are people feeling about group road rides? Thinking of small groups, 3-5 riders, with moderate drafting. Best avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ Just to make your intent clear, you mean the death rate due to a breakthrough infection after getting vaxxed is much much lower than natural infection.
    No just the death rate generally from covid, I don't think that there is death rate for breakthrough infections which I would think is almost zero as would be the death rate for a reinfection after a previous infection.

I was comparing the % harm of a unvaxxed remaining unvaxxed and getting delta vs getting the jab jab. I think its pretty much slam dunk to get the jab.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What business are you in that 99% would quit?
    A business where I only have 4 employees, all of whom are deep down the right wing media rabbit hole, and who could move to any number of other businesses in town that offer similar pay / benefits.

It's not a bad place to work, but it's in an area where armed people are protesting school mask mandates. If I required employees get vaxxed, I believe I would be the only business in my county to do so. I think the business might get burned down (joking, but not really).

The koolaid is strong, and a whole lot of people drink it around here.

This is why we can't have nice things.

.....and 99% of four people is how many?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

In Canada we're seeing daily announcements from hospital networks, concert and sporting venues, universities, large corporations, municipal work forces etc that they are requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated. The (embarrassingly anti vacc) Toronto police is the latest.

I'll quote myself so you'll see that the reason we can't have nice things is because people like you can't read good.

If I required vaccinations, I'm 99% sure everyone would quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ Just to make your intent clear, you mean the death rate due to a breakthrough infection after getting vaxxed is much much lower than natural infection.
    I read something about the coverage an unvaxed might get from a breakthru infection changing fairly quickly with time, as in < a year ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm going to go ahead and say all of them

I think there have been lots of carrots in a lot of places. Even now, you can get a $100 gift card to Wal Mart in CO when you get jabbed. That hasn't really helped from the studies I've seen.

It's time for more sticks. Don't want to get the vaccine? OK, but no more airline flights, restaurant dinners, sporting events, or jobs that involve any amount of exposure to other people without a vaccine. Hell, I hope Vail requires proof of vaccination to ski this winter.

It sounds like thats ^^ what is happening up here in BC along with mandatory masking indoors once again

I have 3 employees and offered them each $100 to get vaxed when they were first available. One was planning to get vaccinated anyway, one is a Fox News guy and it gave him an excuse to get it. One is holding out until they are FDA approved so hopefully he gets a shot here in the next few days. I forgot to revoke the offer so I'll probably pay him as well.

I also have friends who work in a school and health care. They are planning to move to Montana to evade the vaccine requirements in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Hell, I hope Vail requires proof of vaccination to ski this winter.
    I would not be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That's actually one of the objections I hear lately: they're suppressing side effects and deaths because the system requires voluntary reporting. There must be a simple way to address that, right?
    A guy I know and ride with occasionally refuses to get vaxxed. He recently sent a link to a vid by "America's Frontline Doctors" which he says proves the "truth" about vaccines. I clicked on it... it starts with a doctor in cowboy boots saying how nice it is to see a crowd of people not wearing masks, since those things don't do a damn thing anyways **applause!** He then immediately moves on to 10s of thousands of people who are vaccinated have died but autopsies are not being done, insinuating that vaccines are cause of death and its a cover up. This is all within the first 30sec. That's as far as I made it. My response to said friend.... I'm not angry at you, I'm just really disappointed.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    A guy I know and ride with occasionally refuses to get vaxxed. He recently sent a link to a vid by "America's Frontline Doctors" which he says proves the "truth" about vaccines. I clicked on it... it starts with a doctor in cowboy boots saying how nice it is to see a crowd of people not wearing masks, since those things don't do a damn thing anyways **applause!** He then immediately moves on to 10s of thousands of people who are vaccinated have died but autopsies are not being done, insinuating that vaccines are cause of death and its a cover up. This is all within the first 30sec. That's as far as I made it. My response to said friend.... I'm not angry at you, I'm just really disappointed.
    I envision “ hi, I’m Troy McClure”

Name:  IMG_3326.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  32.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Memorial Hermann closes 3 stand-alone ERs in Greater Houston

-COVID-19 surge prompts resource management for hospital system

http://katytimes.com/stories/memoria...r-houston,4650

Everything is fine!

Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    one is a Fox News guy and it gave him an excuse to get it.
    ^this is a group that is worth targeting. People who have a conservative identity but are possibly ambivalent to the vax...give them some plausible deniability to break-herd..."hey a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks and that dick wasn't going to suck itself."

Brit -

99% of four people is 3.96 people - however, as toast points out, his comment was different
    ( confidence, Not percentage of staff )

thanks for the chuckle --

the idea a person needs to be paid to take a vaccination during a pandemic is depressing ( and disappointing ) to me -

I do not believe History will be favorable to our response to coronavirus/covid -

I appreciate the discussion that is occurring in these pages -

Thank you, maggs... skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I think there have been lots of carrots in a lot of places. Even now, you can get a $100 gift card to Wal Mart in CO when you get jabbed. That hasn't really helped from the studies I've seen.

It's time for more sticks. Don't want to get the vaccine? OK, but no more airline flights, restaurant dinners, sporting events, or jobs that involve any amount of exposure to other people without a vaccine. Hell, I hope Vail requires proof of vaccination to ski this winter.
    NYC is going in the same direction, but...GASP. Turns out these blanket restrictions disproportionately affect minorities. THAT'S RACIST!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/us/bl...tes/index.html

When you can't run for re-election enacting mandates is no problem:

Oregonians must mask up outdoors, governor says
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    When you can't run for re-election enacting mandates is no problem:

Oregonians must mask up outdoors, governor says
    Overall numbers in Oregon have been pretty good...other than getting the numbnuts in the suburbs and sticks to get the poke. Point being that she has made the right calls more often than not.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

$29,000 a plate fundraiser in Napa over the weekend, nothing but white people with POC servants.....where are the masks? Masks for thee, but not for me:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/22/video-...si-fundraiser/