Page 115 of 929 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 23206
    I've not been good with lying, but figured many were. I live 4 hours from Walla Walla. Should I just get in the car with the family this weekend and go for it? I could not see any way to sign up as all take you through the questions. Do folks that get symptoms get them fairly quickly, or would I be good with the 4 hour drive home after hypothetically getting the shot?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Wow. This seems promising. I was just talking a customer into getting dosed for this exact reason on Tuesday...but it was more general speculation than anything specific.

"A single dose of an mRNA COVID vaccine in 15 people who had previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 boosted antibodies against the recently emerged B.1.351 South African variant and several other pseudovirus variants, a Fred Hutch study in Science shows."

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...edium=Facebook

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Oh, c'mon.... You don't really expect us to believe any articles in a magazine so boldly titled 'Science", do you?

Fake news.

And I just got Pfizer #1. They called me a little after 3 and asked if I wanted to get it today instead of Monday. Heck ya. Of course now I have a strange craving for brains. Cell phone service tanked entirely. And I can feel the nanochips working their way out from the injection.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I've not been good with lying, but figured many were. I live 4 hours from Walla Walla. Should I just get in the car with the family this weekend and go for it? I could not see any way to sign up as all take you through the questions. Do folks that get symptoms get them fairly quickly, or would I be good with the 4 hour drive home after hypothetically getting the shot?
    The vaccine clinic I have been looking at appears to be just today. You might be able to get one at a pharmacy or other location but the main site doesn't have anything scheduled that would work this weekend. If you could get scheduled and could be there by 7:00, you might be able to make it work but in that application process, you are forced to fill out the consent forms. Overall, I don't think it would work out for you. JMO

Haven’t seen anyone comment on v-safe. Just going through the paperwork they handed me. It’s an CDC app to track post vaccine symptoms. Anyone use the app?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1616704857.765283.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	369042

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Haven’t seen anyone comment on v-safe. Just going through the paperwork they handed me. It’s an CDC app to track post vaccine symptoms. Anyone use the app?

I haven't gotten to registering yet.

Well if the choice is having the wife drive home or driving after vaccination I feel you'll be able to drive. After each shot I went skiing, I put the bar down just in case, but no issues either day. You will be ready for a nap or bed after driving 4 hours after the 2nd one so be aware you may get drowsy if its late afternoon or early evening.

I signed up while doing the 15 minute wait afyer the shot and just got my first survey a few minutes ago. I dont really want to talk to someone from the CDC but if they call I guess I will.

My wife enrolled. Prob good info for CDC to have, eventually it may make people feel safer to get vaxxed.

They just want to synch a phone tracker with your nanochips!

You could check with Fred Meyer pharmacies to see if they have a waiting list for people who miss their appts, or if they end up having extra doses at the end of the day? I have neighbors who were able to get the J&J vax at Freddies a few weeks earlier than they would have been eligible for the shot by going this route.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Just got my second Pfizer. The first one kinda fucked me up. Hoping this second one isn't as bad as some have had it. I gotta workout tomorrow AM and ski pow!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Just got my second Pfizer. The first one kinda fucked me up. Hoping this second one isn't as bad as some have had it. I gotta workout tomorrow AM and ski pow!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping for the best for you, but given we're around the same age, and I wasn't phased at all by Pfizer #1, odds are good a workout tomorrow morning will be a tall order.

I felt like crap for ~18 hours after my second shot. It set in about 12 hours after I got the vaccination, but I was back to feeling 100% 18 or so hours after that.

Okay... here's the deal:

Called WWCH (left message). They called me back several hours later and said I needed to either:

1. wait until May 1st when the state opens up to everyone or
    2. volunteer at the vax site

Went online to sign up to volunteer - all opportunities are currently filled for the Saturday clinic. Will check back later.

They did mention that no jabs are going to waste as they only thaw out to meet the days scheduled appointments.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm hoping for the best for you, but given we're around the same age, and I wasn't phased at all by Pfizer #1, odds are good a workout tomorrow morning will be a tall order.

I felt like crap for ~18 hours after my second shot. It set in about 12 hours after I got the vaccination, but I was back to feeling 100% 18 or so hours after that.
    The nice lady who gave me my shot today said some people have gotten more fucked up from the first shot. I hope I am in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Okay... here's the deal:

Called WWCH (left message). They called me back several hours later and said I needed to either:

1. wait until May 1st when the state opens up to everyone or
    2. volunteer at the vax site

Went online to sign up to volunteer - all opportunities are currently filled for the Saturday clinic. Will check back later.

They did mention that no jabs are going to waste as they only thaw out to meet the days scheduled appointments.
    Oof. Brutal to be keeping shots frozen when there is demand for them and a massive number of doses in the pipeline. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I commented on mine a ways back up thread, but I'll save you the page scrolling: About 4 hours after, slight chills, achy. Took two ibuprofen and felt better. The first morning woke up with 101 fever. But it subsided and I felt fine the rest of the day.

I usually don't feel anything from vaccines though.
    Ibuprofen hinders your body’s response.

Now you can be an asymptomatic carrier.

Congratulations
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ibuprofen hinders your body’s response.

Now you can be an asymptomatic carrier.

Congratulations
    We can all be asymptomatic carriers - advil use or not. Try to keep up.

Two ibuprofen can hinder the response to some degree but it's not gonna negate it.

But I bet you felt special hitting reply on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Yep. My county is hitching openings for larger gatherings/events to vaccine uptake. It sort of makes sense except we are surrounded by far more conservative places.

The harm that the GOP pundit class is going to cause because of this is insane. We drove past a "burn your mask" billboard on the way to get our shots in one of those neighboring counties yesterday.
    I saw in antimask billboard in the Bitterroot today too.
    It occurs to me that one of the reasons for all this nonsense is we're not allowed to ridicule people anymore. I consider myself under no obligation to respect someone's ridiculous point of view. It should be ridiculed, that's why it's called ridiculous. It's in the name.
    I texted someone today to see if they got their shot yet and he said he wants to wait because he doesn't trust it yet. Dude is in his 50s and enormous. Prime candidate for not surviving covid. I told him straight up to knock off the superstitious bullshit and get the jab. He's alsp super Catholic with a lot of kids. Like, dude. You need the Pope to get it? He probably already has.
    I'm not a huge Biden fanboy (is anyone?), but seeing him tell people to just STFU really raised him up in my eyes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

...ridiculous.....
    The shot isn’t political so please stfu.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I thought I heard something like the better your immune system is, the more the 2nd shot may affect you. Anything real to that, or just anecdotal?
    Neither of my young healthy kids had any reaction to shot 2. I was sore all over, more so than usual, although maybe that's from working on gutters all day the day after the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    So I now have my first Moderna shot in. And have my covid-19 vaccination record card. Issued by the CDC. It has my full name/ SSN and dob on it. I am not thrilled about showing that to anyone.
    Is the VA using your SSN as your Medical Record number? That sucks. Medicare was using SSN's until about 2 years ago. And while Kaiser has it's own MR numbers until about 10 years ago anyone who could access a computer--docs, nurses, clerks, lab and xray techs--could see patients' SSN's.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    KQ - I just looked again at the WW Fairgrounds Vax Clinic appointments for today. The afternoon is wide open. I mean like NO ONE signed up after noon with multiple openings in every time slot. Call them and see if you're clear to go. I can't imagine how they can refuse other than to fall back on Inslee's guidelines which really don't seem relevant to WW County. More important than his guidelines is not wasting vaccine or time in getting people vaxxed. You know who those shots are intended for but those people aren't going to get vaxxed if they're not already doing so. The medical professionals probably agree that getting shots into ANY arm as fast as possible is a higher priority than some bureaucratic directive from the State. Again, the basis of a state-wide directive when the situations are very diverse seems pretty short-sighted. WW ain't Seattle. At least give them a call. If nothing else, they may direct you to show up at the end of the day when they're looking for ways to not throw away vaccine.
    If they won't give you a shot tell them that I will report them to the National Vaccine Center Inspector
    General. Maybe they won't know there is no such person.
    Serious BS that they won't give you a shot. They should be giving as many shots as they possibly can to whoever they can and prioritizing only when there is a shortage of doses. Right now the biggest threat is variants, and the faster we get people vaccinated the less risk of the variants spreading and especially of new, even worse variants appearing. Every shot is a good shot.
    Goddam bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    The shot isn’t political so please stfu.
    I would just love if that were true.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

California opens up vaccine eligibility to 50+ starting on April 1, and to all adults (16+) on April 15. I'm guessing appointments will be tough to get, at least initially. I just read that roughly 75% of the 65+ folks (in my Bay Area county) have now received at least a first shot. Progress...

Pfizer #1 today, so far so good. Smaller counties in MT seem to be taking all comers.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."