Page 92 of 929 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So exactly what the fuck does that have to do with vaccines? I mean dude, thread drift much? Sorry to be snarky but fuck.

I'm not suggesting there's some warehouse of vaccine east, I'm not suggesting anything about source of vaccine. My question was if anyone else in canuckistan was feeling vaccine envy.

Nor was I suggesting that our response was not OK (and it was just that - OK, and only because we saw some absolute shit-shows of response from other countries). I didn't say anything about our governments handling of the pandemic, my bitch was about vaccine rollout here. I believe that entire town of Prince Rupert will be vaccinated before I recieve my first dose. That's fucked. I'm totally down with helping the fellow man, and I'm OK with continued social distance, not seeing my new grand daughter, not sking HBM, not staying at friends houses or partying in groups etc, etc, etc. But as Thaleia has stated we as a country are fucking the vaccine roll out up royally. I mean 40 somethings in Rupert getting jabbed before 80 year olds in Ontario???

Us getting jabbed in July is fucking bullshit, that's my point (not dissing your sister's assessment when I say this, just stating I'm not happy with it).

There are people getting vaccinated like fucking crazy down south, guys have posted about it here. Sure some are in high risk groups but shit tons of em aren't. BTW I've read us old fucks (over 60) are supposed to be jabbed by May, so July is even worse than I was lead to believe.
    thread drift on someone elses thread drift so much drifting eh

I think the combo of covid, covid lockdown, blown knee has left me somewhat blaise

no idea whom has had it in town yet, no idea when it is coming, not that worried or envious ... the dude abides
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Drift King!

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Why not both? We still have millions of infections and thousands of deaths (through attitude and inaction)

Dead heat race between the vaxxers and the covidiots. Who will win? Tune in next episode!
    Same, um, Bat time and same Bat channel.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I like some K Pop. If you replaced most rap and that auto tune with it, I'd be ok with that.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm 10 days out from Pfizer shot #1. 37yo healthy male. STILL having intense dreams. Extremely vivid and intricate. Also still tired feeling.

Thoroughly enjoyable.......but also kinda freaky.

Kinda not too stoked on what may happen after shot #2 on 3/25.

hmmmmm. Bulgogi, bulkalbi, kimchee - count me in. Just keep that k-pop shit out. Please.

On another note, am I the only Canuck getting vaccine envy here? I mean, my Yank friends are all getting vaccinated right & left and here I am (an old fat fuck) that should be on some priority list. Jesus christ, I was good the whole time, listened to my government went nowhere that wasn't essential, masked, did every fucking thing right and I have no idea when I'm going to get stabbed. Even then we're lengthening the time for second shot to 4 months...

Yet I look south and see a country that mis-managed the thing from the outset and was probably the cause of millions of infections and thousands of deaths (through attitude and inaction) but you've shit tons of vaccine to throw around to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Don't get me wrong - I know that 99% of you on this board did the right thing and don't believe in Santa, lies from idiot politicians, and weren't the cause of the total fuck up that was the US's response to this pandemic. But I can't help but be envious of what seems to be a much bigger supply of vaccine.

Flame or inform. I await your response.
    My sister-in-law in Ontario told me about this and I was blown away. Another friend has sick parents in Nova Scotia who are faaaaar away from a vaccine. He said it has to do with Canada buying vaccines from Europe because they were afraid of getting screwed by Trump (I would have been, too) but now Europe has production issues?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56035306

Good thing we are getting so many vaccines down here, because we are too stupid to stop the virus any other way. I’m not vaccinated yet but have also heard tales of healthy non-essential-workers in their 30s getting vaccinated by just being in the right place at the right time. Meanwhile my mom in her 70s doesn’t have her first shot just yet (but will soon) so that is messed up.

I think that it has something to do with the fact that in July-Aug., the USA put its money into vaccine research, bankrolled Moderna, Pfizer and J&J, and paid for a shitload of shots in advance. These other [myopic] nations (Especially the EU) can complain about the Ami's all they want, but as usual, it was the result of a failure to pay.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think that it has something to do with the fact that in July-Aug., the USA put its money into vaccine research, bankrolled Moderna, Pfizer and J&J, and paid for a shitload of shots in advance. These other [myopic] nations (Especially the EU) can complain about the Ami's all they want, but as usual, it was the result of a failure to pay.
    I thought Pfizer was funded mostly by EU (Germany), Moderna US/Private funding, J&J US/Private...

Seems like the EU is trying to phase in vaccines, perhaps a little too precisely and that's slowing things down a bit.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Well, not totally accurate. We put our money in vaccine research starting in April/May, gave no money to Pfizer outside of the 50M pre-orders, and actually turned down more doses from them last August before thir phase 3 trial was really even underway. We also tried to strong arm a few companies into "exclusive dosing for the US first" and yes even buy Greenland somewhere along the way.

Procurement is good, but as we didn't go in with a solid plan for distribution, dosing has been uneven at federal, state, county, and municiple levels creating haves and have nots when it comes to access. This is amplified further in countries with less access to vaccine.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Oh FFS, enough all ready.

Flame or inform. I await your response.
    I was on a zoom call ten or so days ago, and the person in Vancouver echoed your sentiment that somehow the Canadian federal government fumbled the ball on the 10 yard line. He mentioned that one possible bright spot was that they had a deal to procure several hundred thousand doses from India. Did that pan out?

Procurement is good, but as we didn't go in with a solid plan for distribution, dosing has been uneven at federal, state, county, and municiple levels creating haves and have nots when it comes to access. This is amplified further in countries with less access to vaccine.
    ^^^ that

Buddy drove to Billings yesterday and got Moderna (he is a C survivor, pre-exist) pharmacy there was sending out an all hands on deck we got vaccine come & get it.

Said there were plenty of shots available and most people were not masked.

Also said he feels like shit today, likened it to the stomach flu or food poisoning.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm 10 days out from Pfizer shot #1. 37yo healthy male. STILL having intense dreams. Extremely vivid and intricate. Also still tired feeling.

Woah. For real? I wonder if it fires off the same thing in your brain that NyQuil does. Hmm. I might have to take that Pfizer shot just to see what you're talking about. Perhaps could be the modern peyote spirit journey. I freaking love those trippy vivid NyQuil dream states. I could see why some people abuse the stuff. Prolly why they make it taste so disgusting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I thought Pfizer was funded mostly by EU (Germany), Moderna US/Private funding, J&J US/Private...

Seems like the EU is trying to phase in vaccines, perhaps a little too precisely and that's slowing things down a bit.
    From what I've read Germany is a right mess between the mistakes made buying as a block with the EU, fumbled rollout and the perceived issues with the AZ jab (Germany has just paused distribution).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I was on a zoom call ten or so days ago, and the person in Vancouver echoed your sentiment that somehow the Canadian federal government fumbled the ball on the 10 yard line. He mentioned that one possible bright spot was that they had a deal to procure several hundred thousand doses from India. Did that pan out?
    As mentioned did they wana sell their soul to the devil AKA Don Trump ... what would you do
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    From what I've read Germany is a right mess between the mistakes made buying as a block with the EU, fumbled rollout and the perceived issues with the AZ jab (Germany has just paused distribution).
    Some, well all the smaller countries in EU would disagree with that...

For Europe the block buy has been a blessing as the distribution is relatively equal between the countries. If the big players (GER,FRA,IT) would have gotten free reigns, they would have pumped in the money to get the vaccinations first...and the smaller countries would have been left without vaccines.
    Eventually, this would have caused the prices to skyrocket...for everybody involved.

In addition, the political risk has to be taken into account as well; the smaller countries (especially eastern European) would have turned to Sputnik and this would have given Russia political capital and foothold.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

This thing is really affecting everyone differently. Hope the 2nd goes smoothly for you.

My in-laws are 79 and 80yrs old. No negative side effects from shot #2.

Wife with the entire school district gets their first on Saturday. Was bumped up significantly from the initial forecasted date.

I just hope we get better at utilizing all the shots and not wasting any. I know two people indirectly that are administering and it's been an unfortunate situation several times. Scambling at the end of the night looking for people to inject. One shot wasted is horrible...there have been way too many.

Can you kindly educate me regarding how the USA did such a poor job with distribution when compared with the rest of the civilized world?I ask because the way that I see it is that this country has more vaccines available as a direct result of actions taken between April -May thru the present. Sure we may have complained a lot about certain public figures not wearing or even dissing the use of masks, but money was spent, vaccinations obtained, and are being placed in citizens arms quicker than just about anywhere else.
    I admit that I am out of touch with a lot of places in this country and only see what is happening in my neck of the woods. However what I’m saying has very little to do with wealth and standing in community, And that the shots are available to everyone in a given geographical location
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Dude, dude! Just flaming on my northern bc brother, that's all. Jesus christ I want to ski Big Sky someday.
    Got your shot yet?
    Haha, my sofa is available for you whenever the border opens back up. You will love this place.

I got the Faucci Juice injected into my veins a week ago. No side effects.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Can you kindly educate me regarding how the USA did such a poor job with distribution when compared with the rest of the civilized world?I ask because the way that I see it is that this country has more vaccines available as a direct result of actions taken between April -May thru the present. Sure we may have complained a lot about certain public figures not wearing or even dissing the use of masks, but money was spent, vaccinations obtained, and are being placed in citizens arms quicker than just about anywhere else.
    I admit that I am out of touch with a lot of places in this country and only see what is happening in my neck of the woods. However what I’m saying has very little to do with wealth and standing in community, And that the shots are available to everyone in a given geographical location
    From the BBC February 19,2021: Why Canada is falling behind in Covid vaccinations

Canada signed a deal early last year to buy from Chinese vaccine maker CanSino but that deal fell apart. Critics have accused the Federal Government of failing to move swiftly to secure agreements with Pfizer and Moderna because it was focused on the failed deal.

In December Trump signed an executive order to give Americans first priority for vaccines produced in the US, President Biden has not suggested a change of course.

No vaccines of any kind are manufactured in Canada, wonder if the Canadian Healthcare system has anything to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    snip......

No vaccines of any kind are manufactured in Canada, wonder if the Canadian Healthcare system has anything to do with this?
    Background on lack of vaccines in CA.

https://theconversation.com/the-root...decades-154792

Got the first Moderna poke today. No side effects whatsoever so far....

Sadly, I got the call not because I am "high risk" (still supposed to be waiting another month or so) but because many rural towns in Southern Idaho have excess vaccines combined with lukewarm demand. Happy to get it but sad to see such apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Got the first Moderna poke today. No side effects whatsoever so far....

Sadly, I got the call not because I am "high risk" (still supposed to be waiting another month or so) but because many rural towns in Southern Idaho have excess vaccines combined with lukewarm demand. Happy to get it but sad to see such apathy.
    Good for you man. Glad you were able to get it and hope there are no side effects. I've been signing up for any list I can for an excess dose here in Porkland. Not much luck so far...hopefully the May 1 date is legit from the feds.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

The US prepaid for 200 million doses from 4 companies. We wanted them to make the vacines before we knew if they would be approved. What I have not seen is how much we paid
    Own your fail. ~Jer~