Page 813 of 873 FirstFirst ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,325 of 21817
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A) UCLA is a top tier public university. There are plenty of Cal State branches that are easy to get into, (like the one my undocumented immigrant partner went to before he went to med school and then became a vascular surgeon, until he decided at age 50 he wanted to be a heart surgeon too.) But a bad idea if you want to be a SCOTUS justice. I don't think even Stanford works for that.
    Sandra Day O'Connor went to Stanford undergrad and law school. As did William Rehnquist. And Earl Warren went to Cal undergrad and law.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I think the idea is that China will not be able to isolate their way out of the pandemic...who knows if that's true or not.
    No way they are able to do this... they're hosting the Olympics in like a week, aren't they? No fucking way...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No way they are able to do this... they're hosting the Olympics in like a week, aren't they? No fucking way...
    It'll be interesting to watch. NZ and TW are able to get it done so far, so I'd expect China can do it too. Long term game plan could get interesting. Presumably they'd want to allow travelers again, but few travelers will come with a quarantine on the way in. OTOH, it's worked for two years already, and China's had some of the best pandemic economic growth. Maybe there will be a vaccine or therapeutic breakthrough that allows a safe reopening. Maybe they stay closed for a decade or two.

I'm hoping for an annual FluVid Booster next fall and every fall for the foreseeable future.. If you can get both at the same time, why not one shot?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Moderna is beginning human trials for an Omicron-specific vaccine:

Moderna announced Wednesday that the first participant has been dosed in the company's Phase 2 clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine booster shot that is specific to the Omicron variant.

"We are reassured by the antibody persistence against Omicron at six months after the currently authorized 50 μg booster of mRNA-1273. Nonetheless, given the long-term threat demonstrated by Omicron's immune escape, we are advancing our Omicron-specific variant vaccine booster candidate and we are pleased to begin this part of our Phase 2 study," CEO Stéphane Bancel said in a news release. "We are also evaluating whether to include this Omicron-specific candidate in our multivalent booster program."
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/healt...ter/index.html

Can't find the post right now, but someone was saying that us deaths are way down.

They've been rising and now they are over 3000 a day, now greater than the April 20 and oct 21 peaks.

New cases are trending down though.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It's booster day!! Had Omicron at xmas, and scheduled the booster for today so maximum immunity kicks in juuuust as I get on the plane to head to BC in a couple weeks.

Gonna feel powerful like a Greek god walking around out there. Kind of looking forward to the booster sickness tomorrow so I can do minimal work and just watch ski movies, nap, and play Call of Duty all day.
    So next day and I don't feel anything, except for a sore arm. But it hurt when she put the needle in, so I don't think it's the vaccine making it sore.

So based on my small sample size of 1 person, if you had this...

AZ + Moderna + Omicron + Moderna

...then you will have no vaccine symptoms.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Not sure what metric ever one uses but I been using this one

USA breaks 900K covid dead which seemed pretty quick apres the 800K mark

so it would appear people are still dying
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Not sure what metric ever one uses but I been using this one

USA breaks 900K covid dead which seemed pretty quick apres the 800K mark

so it would appear people are still dying
    If you're not #1, you're not trying hard enough.

If you're not #1, you're probably trying.

"You're going to be so tired of winning."

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    "You're going to be so dead tired of winning."
    FIFY

a few days back i red something on here about vaccinating africa.
    i want to point out that this is a very difficult task. maybe it is possible to do this in the major cities on this continent, but rural africa is very difficult to solve.

first of all corruption
    second infrastructure
    third misinformation
    and so on and so on

people still believe in ghosts there. all religions believe in ghosts, but thats different there.
    the poverty on the continent is unbelievable. south africa and north africa are different.

folks here on the forum where arguing why it is difficult to vaccinate low income in rural north america.
    then this problems x1000 for africa

it is a great goal to vaccinate africa but way harder to achieve then on thinks....
    it is not only shipping vaccines to the capitols

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    a few days back i red something on here about vaccinating africa.
    i want to point out that this is a very difficult task. maybe it is possible to do this in the major cities on this continent, but rural africa is very difficult to solve.

first of all corruption
    second infrastructure
    third misinformation
    and so on and so on

people still believe in ghosts there. all religions believe in ghosts, but thats different there.
    the poverty on the continent is unbelievable. south africa and north africa are different.

folks here on the forum where arguing why it is difficult to vaccinate low income in rural north america.
    then this problems x1000 for africa

it is a great goal to vaccinate africa but way harder to achieve then on thinks....
    it is not only shipping vaccines to the capitols
    Even when it's Ebola it's difficult to get their buy in to outsiders taking over the crisis management. Culture prevents a lot of the AIDS prevention efforts too. Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    it's difficult to get their buy in to outsiders taking over the crisis management.
    In fairness to them, they haven’t exactly had good luck with outsiders. Colonialism and slavery really didn’t help them out.

And yet, for all that, polio's last stand is on that other contingent. In the country where we outed a doctor who helped pinpoint OBL.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    And yet, for all that, polio's last stand is on that other contingent. In the country where we outed a doctor who helped pinpoint OBL.
    Tgats gonna keep biting us long time. Blowback sucks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...doms-1.6330176

A big rally with thousands of truckers from across Canada converging on the capitol to protest Vaccine mandates ^^ Canadians or Americans can't truck either way and I believe the mexican border also has a mandate so all 3 governments in NA are requiring the vax, a small group of truckers are pissed and the gov sez it ain't budging

None of the trucking organisations are supporting this ralley, canuck truckers tend to be vaxed at the same level as the rest of Canadians, definatley look for non-trucking right wing whacko nutjobs to get in on the action cuz at least one which has called it Canada's own jan 6, might be interesting but I suspect it will just be a giant waste of time & fuel ... they might as well have just pissed their pants
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

#FluTruxKlan

#KarenKonvoy

Got the shinglesvax the other day.

Now thats kicking my ass, very sore arm, achy, and tired.

Nobody knows what’s in that stuff, do they?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

got shingles #1 yesterday at noon
    achy kicked in at 12 hrs
    didn't sleep much but getting back to normal today w/ acetaminophen

From the comments in IME:

C'monsense
    Jan 28, 2022 2:51pm

Holy cow! Just finished watching Senator Ron Johnson's expert panel discussion on vaxxes. It's finally happening. The truth is peaking through the censorship. I can't imagine the lawsuits that are coming. This panel discussion is mind-blowing. Kyle Warner, our very own Idaho pro-mountain biker even makes a profound statement on his vax injury. Another panel member from Idaho is Dr Cole, who is studying the vax link with cancer. The biggest bombshell is the Department of Defense vax injury numbers that are just being released and how they are now trying to cover up the numbers. Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin are still the best treatments. Hopefully the info just released from the pharma companies that the majority of the vaxxes were saline will save more people from this utter devastation of vax injury. Those are my prayers anyway.

And people wonder why I don't want to get near them. JFC

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Nobody knows what’s in that stuff, do they?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wish I would've gotten the shingles vax but ended up getting shingles instead. Not awesome. I'd take the achy arm.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that