Page 385 of 929 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 23206
    Another one bites the dust. Phil Valentine, conservative anti-vax radio host, succumbs to covid after a month in the hospital.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/us/co...-19/index.html

So here’s the thing though…. If I send that to my antivax guy, he’s instantly like “duh, CNN? You believe that fake bullshit? Come on!”

I'm honestly pretty stunned that his website hadn't been updated:

https://www.philvalentine.com/

Plandemic...yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So here’s the thing though…. If I send that to my antivax guy, he’s instantly like “duh, CNN? You believe that fake bullshit? Come on!”
    Sadly true. CNN stages and slants the news with the best of them, but they get straight factual stuff like deaths right, and the rest is reality based if not reality. Staged and slanted is not the same as fake. Somehow news totally divorced from reality has become real.

And "operation mockingbird" is getting a new life with the whackadoodles.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I went to Fox News (it felt gross) to get you a link on Phil Valentine's Covid death that might be more palatable to your friend....nada. You'd think it would be posted there since it is posted on every other news site and those people like the guy, so it's certainly relevant. Maybe they are in so much grief that they can't bring themselves to post that news. More likely: Fox news viewers like Core Shot are gigantic babies who need to have their news filtered to keep them from having a melt down like a 5 year old. As far as the Fox news viewers know, Phil Valentine is still alive.
    Last edited by mfcf13; 08-22-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    And "operation mockingbird" is getting a new life with the whackadoodles.
    Hmm. That gives me better understanding. Hadn't explored that part of the rabbit hole. I wonder how to deprogram that.

As near as I can tell, they are suffering a mix of paranoia that I think we all consider at some point in life, mixed with mockingbird or similar stories we've all heard. I think various entities may be trying to drive the whackadoodles (Russians, wealthy rightwingers, AM radio, trolls, etc). On top of that, there's the social media and advertising algorithm vortices that could do it all with no need for manipulation. That seems the easiest answer to me - mostly they manipulate themselves.

But they're so manipulated, their math, logic, and science principles are warped too. Outside of a cult or religious dogma, how does one lose fundamental truths? There's enough lost people it's distorted politics so we need to care.

Vaccine reprograms DNA? Magnetism? 5G chip? vax doesn't work?
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 08-22-2021 at 02:21 AM.

On vaccination vs. prior infection: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7032e1_w

TL;DR: if you've already been infected, getting vaccinated reduces your rate of reinfection by ~2x.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I went to Fox News (it felt gross) to get you a link on Phil Valentine's Covid death that might be more palatable to your friend....nada. You'd think it would be posted there since it is posted on every other news site and those people like the guy, so it's certainly relevant. Maybe they are in so much grief that they can't bring themselves to post that news. More likely: Fox news viewers like Core Shot are gigantic babies who need to have their news filtered to keep them from having a melt down like a 5 year old. As far as the Fox news viewers know, Phil Valentine is still alive.
    Alive? Of course he's alive. He's just been de-platformed. All part of the plan, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Apparently no. He's disappointed I'll bet.
    You have no idea.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    It probably has something to do with him having told people to get vaxxed at the end

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Alive? Of course he's alive. He's just been de-platformed. All part of the plan, obviously.
    cancel culture

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I’m not sure where you are going with this post. Are you posting to show vaccination doesn’t work or to show vaccination works. Ambiguous post is ambiguous

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve mentioned before the anti-vax lady that rides with our MTB crew. She uses the Hippy-Dippy excuses rather than the Trumptard excuses for not vaccinating and claims her kids have not been vaxxed for anything.

Nobody has been too concerned since by nature of riding we are socially distant. For a while we all told her she had to lead all the time, because the rest of us (all vaxxed) could infect her if she was riding behind us. And her sense of direction sucks. But she and another guy in our crew started a “relationship” so we backed off a little on the ridicule.

Welp, now it’s crunch time. She’s an educator (yeahhh…) and our governor has mandated vaccinations for all school employees/volunteers and anyone in health care. They have until 10/18 or six weeks after full FDA approval to get the jab.

So what does she do? Protest loudly on her Facebook page, drawing laser-like attention in our tiny community. So far the reaction has not been favorable to her position.

No idea (other than butthurt) why she decided to further polarize the situation.

This is gonna get interesting. Rode with her FwB yesterday. He is backpedaling away from her at about 120rpm. Which is also kind of funny because everybody in our crew has known for some time where she sits on the matter.

Ahh, the joys of small town living…

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not sure where you are going with this post. Are you posting to show vaccination doesn’t work or to show vaccination works. Ambiguous post is ambiguous

Did you read the article? I have no personal agenda.

Well except that breakthrough cases are hillarys fault.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Yes, I read the article. Vaccination provides great protection in spite of Covid delta breakthroughs.

Yeah, but, the Israel experience may be proving that we'll have to get at least annual, maybe eight month booster shots for maybe years.

Yeah, but, the Israel experience may be proving that we'll have to get at least annual, maybe eight month booster shots for maybe years.
    I get a flu shot every year, it takes like 10 minutes if you estimate high and include every moment spent thinking about it as about 30 seconds.

It’s literally like “oh flu shots, ok”
    paperwork,
    poke,
    my awesome joke when they needle me “OW! HOW DARE YOU MADAM”
    We all laugh, they tell me I’m a comedy genius and complement my magnum dong, and on with life.

Annual shot shouldn’t be a big deal.

I get a flu shot every year, it takes like 10 minutes if you estimate high and include every moment spent thinking about it as about 30 seconds.

It’s literally like “oh flu shots, ok” paperwork, poke, my awesome joke when they needle me “OW! HOW DARE YOU MADAM”
    and on with life.
    And then I go get my groceries.

Better than dying

Find another link

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/...P25KPYNJVKF2Q/

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Benny relax.

Nobody has cured the common cold and there's no way in hell they're going to cure C19.

Its turned into an amazing opportunity for big Pharma to create their first SAAS vaccine subscription platform.

For $20-$100/Quarter you're now able to pay for the freedoms you've had for the past 200 years. Worst case scenario is you'll get something's only mildly worse than the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    On vaccination vs. prior infection: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7032e1_w

TL;DR: if you've already been infected, getting vaccinated reduces your rate of reinfection by ~2x.
    Interesting, of course it makes sense but still needs to be studied.

Could you extrapolate that if one was fully vaxxed then caught covid delta ( protection only 70% so can happen at reasonable freq) that said person in future would be some factor less likely catching covid again? for a prolonged period?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.