Page 180 of 929 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    JFC. The combo of facebook misinformation and dumb conservatives....

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    And I dunno that I'd say it explains every case. I was just wondering if it isn't a simpler explanation for the pattern of side effects we're seeing in the people who were never diagnosed with COVID, and wondering why (or if) nobody had brought it up before.
    It has been brought up before. It's no big deal discussing it again but it's a little obnoxious when all the evidence counter to an argument is ignored while also torturing the data in support of an argument. For example, the study discussed on the previous page(s) clearly states it's looking at antibody responses after the first dose:

"Antibody Responses in Seropositive Persons after a Single Dose of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine"

The fact that seropositive individuals experience a higher frequency of side effects after the first dose is completely in line with the earlier discussion and research:

"Previously-infected individuals tend to have a strong reaction to the first vaccine dose whereas the non-infected have a strong reaction to the second dose."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    2nd Moderna in the arm. Pharmacist must have hit a vessel 'cause I was dripping blood down my arm before she could get a bandaid on.

Injection site isn't even sore...
    I read this post as I was sitting in the 15 minute after vacc wait line. When getting 2nd Moderna I swear the guy wound up to jab me. I felt something running down my arm and him wiping it off. At first I thought he might have prematurely innoculated me and blew it on my arm. After reading that post I pulled up my shirt and could see the blood stain down my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Jesus Christ! Fuckin Ruskies.

"The Sputnik V vaccine Ad5 vector is evidently replication competent. The makers apparently neglected to delete E1, so getting this vaccine means being infected with live adenovirus 5."

https://twitter.com/angie_rasmussen/...97186372005893

I followed the thread for a while and never saw a clear answer. Does that mean the effectiveness against covid is effected or that they will get. Cold with the vax? Who’s Angie R? Dubious she’s putting cheesy memes in her clinical analysis

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

21 hours since second Moderna: getting the full ride. Fever, headache, body aches, chills, exhaustion, some dizziness. Side effects started around 12 hours after jab so was up a lot last night tossing and turning. Drinking a ton of water and eating well. Hoping this passes today.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah .... no; make it free Boba "tea" and you got it.
    No Boba tea. Tapioca pearls shortage--apparently sitting on container ships waiting and waiting and waiting to unload.
    (WTF is Boba tea? How can there be a critical shortage of something I've never heard of.)

"The Sputnik V vaccine Ad5 vector is evidently replication competent. The makers apparently neglected to delete E1, so getting this vaccine means being infected with live adenovirus 5."

Who was it a while back who was saying that they should have made the vector vaccines replicating, so that vaccinated people could spread it to the anti-vaxxers?

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I was joking, hence the "(cue rimshot)" bit. "I'm too tired" and "I have a headache" are clichéd girl-speak euphemisms for "Nope, we're not having sex tonight, cowboy". I was trying to point out the non-specificity of "fatigue" and "headache" endpoints in the linked study and arguable uselessness of those metrics for a vaccine side effect study.

Yeah, I know the researchers included it in their survey, but I think there's enough reason to question the validity of those end points in this study. They're just too non-specific.

That's a very good point, both in this study and in the general population. In the study, the seronegative group in the study was almost twice as big as the seropositive group. Which is why I did the math in my previous posts to estimate the number of subjects reporting these (systemic) symptoms:

The figure (Fig B) is a little confusing though, in that the "No. of Participants" axis along the top of the graph in the figure don't add up to the number of individuals in that group (148 for seronegative, 82 for seropositive). The researchers counted each instance of each side effect, rather than counting the number of individuals who had side effects. So if one individual reports fever, chills, and swelling, that counts as 1 instance of 3 different side effects, rather than as 1 individual with side effects. I think that's a great way to design the study, but it makes the generalization of "how many subjects had severe side effects" a little difficult to estimate. When I said "~3 or 4 seronegative subjects reporting severe side effects", that was based on the assumption that someone who experiences fever probably also experiences chills, for instance. This is a moderate assumption. The number of seronegative folks who have systemic side effects could be as high as a dozen if each individual who has a systemic side effect only has a single systemic side effect. I don't think that's biologically plausible, but it's not impossible.

I agree. But "my" idea was that the group of people who say they never had COVID and yet are reporting severe side effects following vaccination are actually people who contracted SARS-CoV-2 and had such a mild case that they didn't even know they'd contracted it. While they self-identify as SARS-CoV-2 naive, they are (unknowingly) seropositive. Again, just an idea.
    I actuly booted up PC & read just that post 1st and made a comment, then i read the preceding page, I probably wouldnt have posted any thing if i read it in order !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Hmmm, well our Pfizer clinics have been going well to date with those signed up (and now walk-ins) showing up so maybe this will be the same.
    I hope so too, I also hope you took my off color wine-induced (pinot grigio) atempt at humor in the intended spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I followed the thread for a while and never saw a clear answer. Does that mean the effectiveness against covid is effected or that they will get. Cold with the vax? Who’s Angie R? Dubious she’s putting cheesy memes in her clinical analysis
    Effectiveness shouldn't be impacted although host immune response will likely be different for a replication-competent virus. Readministration (boosters) might be impacted. Pathogenic effects of infection can vary (and can be severe). Vaccinated people can in theory infect others as per OG's comment. If it's a mistake, it's a FUCKING HUGE mistake. If it's not, then it's super sketchy. Either way, fuck that noise!

She's a credible voice;
    https://angelarasmussen.org/bibliography

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I hope so too, I also hope you took my off color wine-induced (pinot grigio) atempt at humor in the intended spirit
    Damned wine.

Not directed at XXX but thought this was funny.

My wife sent me this today. She is an engineer so she gets corrected by men who think they know more than her a lot. Lol.

Also applicable to all the real experts in vaccine/medical/epidemogy dealing with idiots.

https://twitter.com/BrittaniWarrick/...729106944?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No Boba tea. Tapioca pearls shortage--apparently sitting on container ships waiting and waiting and waiting to unload.
    (WTF is Boba tea? How can there be a critical shortage of something I've never heard of.) ....
    Exactly, the shortage is why the stampede would be massive.
    Boba = tapioca (mostly). So tapioca "tea", favorite of the millennial/gen Z crowd ..... gag me with a S. sempervirens.
    They drink it with a straw, fercrissakes

Sweet, just what we need: something to give the anti-vaxers ammunition.

Da da da... Sputnik waxine are good prevents against Coronaveerus 93%! Is more bettering than China Sinovax anyways!

Safety is of always concern for Russ, concern of #3, rights after Vodka! Eh, maybe #4... like Soviet Moon Rocket!

This is why maybe Kazakhs make their own 2nd dose (with best potassium).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Wife got 2nd pfizer yesterday and woke up at 1 am feeling like crap. Fever, headache and upset tummy. My 2nd one had no effects on me.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    No worries!

Just got done with vax clinic. Not sure of the exact count of J&J takers but it looked to be a couple dozen+ people from all age groups with a pretty even male/female split (we only had 100 doses).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    Wife got 2nd pfizer yesterday and woke up at 1 am feeling like crap. Fever, headache and upset tummy. My 2nd one had no effects on me.
    Awww yer whittle Tum Tum. Did mommy rub it? Just kidding man. Just thought "tummy" was funny.

Pretty sure you and I skied the bird together on the random June 16" pow day. Set that slide off and closed Peruvian. Good times.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Damned wine.

Not directed at XXX but thought this was funny.

My wife sent me this today. She is an engineer so she gets corrected by men who think they know more than her a lot. Lol.

Also applicable to all the real experts in vaccine/medical/epidemogy dealing with idiots.

https://twitter.com/BrittaniWarrick/...729106944?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

if she is unaware of it your wife might like to adopt the word " Mansplain "

some old fuck backs into GF last week so he jumps out really angry with himself and sez " let me tell you how this is gona go ! "

GF ( think recovering journalist/ feminist/ somewhere to the left of Gloria Steinem ) sez without missing a beat " are you going to manspalin to me how you backed into my car ? "

then a woman walks up from across the lot and sez " I'm a witness, I seen the whole thing, she was stopped when you backed into her so its your fault and her is my ph # "

Its never a good day to back into someone but If buddy had said oops or sorry his ego would still be intact

and me, I have got so good at knowing when to STFU

Wife has such a bad headache, it brought her to tears. Should she take a Tylenol? She’s worried taking it will make the vaccine not as effective. I’m not sure what the current thought on that is.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Wife has such a bad headache, it brought her to tears. Should she take a Tylenol? She’s worried taking it will make the vaccine not as effective. I’m not sure what the current thought on that is.
    Everything I have read says don't take stuff in anticipation of potential bad response, but do take stuff if you need it to deal with an actual bad response. Do not suffer; if the headache is bringing her to tears, take some damn tylenol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tylenol has no effect. I’m only a doctor but no md or do. It’s an inside joke.

But from what I’ve read if you have any concern it’s anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen that are up for debate.

Give her Tylenol.

She shouldn’t have to cry through this.
    . . .

There is theoretical reasoning against pre-dosing before the vaccine with Ibuprofen and Tylenol in adults.

There is limited evidence in children against taking NSAIDS within a few hours before/after vaccine administration, but it was suggestive rather than demonstrated reduced efficacy, and outside of that window no evidence against meds AND in multi-dose vaccines, any decrease measurement went away.

I took ibuprofen after my second shot because I felt crappy and needed to work a 12 hour ICU shift. It helped immensely. I wasn't nearly so bad off as your wife.

I'm not your doctor but I will say if you are suffering, the evidence against taking some symptom relief is weak while the benefit is obvious.

Since most people are probably taking meds for their symptoms and real world vaccine efficacy matches the Phase III studies, one might speculate that your wife should take something to make her headache feel better!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

my nurse said Tylenol too - no advil/ Ibuprofen.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    my nurse said Tylenol too - no advil/ Ibuprofen.
    ^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    JFC. The combo of facebook misinformation and dumb conservatives....
    So, the question is, why are parents spending so much to send their kids to these schools? Aiming for the Ivy League, dumbasses?

Ok, thanks all!