Page 695 of 813 FirstFirst ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,375 of 20313
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dd...rce=reddit.com

QAnon's 'Queen of Canada' Calls for Followers to 'Kill' People Vaccinating Children

Attachment 394063

“Shoot to kill anyone who tries to inject Children under the age of 19 years old with Coronavirus19 vaccines/ bioweapons or any other Vaccines,” she wrote. “This order is effective immediately.”

Didulo has made separate pages to vet prospective members of her Canadian and U.S. duck-hunting teams to help with her mission. The Canadian group currently has just over 100 members, including the man who posted the images of the firearms. Inside the chatroom one of the duck hunters shared information about a specific vaccine popup in an Ontario mall “specifically targeting young children.”

“It’s time to react now,” replied one person. “Hurry up and wait is no longer the thing to say.”

Her followers are pledging their support to their Queen’s initiative. “A few duck hunters coming in can stay with me… I’m ready… all my hunting gear is ready… let’s roll,” wrote one in the public chat and posted a picture of firearms strewn across a table.

Attachment 394062
    What the actual F---??
    It is like a Manson cult.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Shantytown inhabitants jetting to Hong Kong and Belgium? Holy socioeconomic jumps batman.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

DOW is down a thousand and still crashing over fears that the new variant and its mutants have skipped past the vaccines available worse than Delta. I think it's way too soon to say that's true but people are definitely panicking.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, that's not really fair. It's not as though vaccines were so available in the shantytown ghettos of Johannesburg anyway, where this seems to be originating from.
    . That is nor fair. Agree.
    The belgium case is a 24year old female unvaccinated traveler comming from egypt. Flying via turkey to belgium.
    There is also a case in israel.

Ohhh i can hear this 24year old girl.... there is no law that ! i ! have to get vaccinated

Why I am less nervous: these same concerning anecdotes were present during the Beta surge (Beta South African B.1.351). South African sources echoed quite loudly on the subject:
    1. There was much talk of reinfection cases.
    2. There was in vitro reduced neutralizing activity studies that had people up in arms.
    3. There was great concern of vaccine escape.

So what actually happened since the world didn't end?
    1. No epidemiologically meaningful reinfection data was ever shown.
    2. The in vitro experiments didn't transfer over to in vivo and epidemiologically significant effects for pandemic control.
    3. The vaccine concerns ended up being that the AZ vaccine used in SA was subpar in VEI realworld performance, but still protected extremely well against severe disease.

Beta was not the "Omega strain" feared, nor was its equally supposedly-fearsome cousin Gamma (P.1 Brazil) a terror outside of its emergent region which had the same fears, anecdotes, and in vitro data as Beta. Lambda and Mu were going to do us in as well. Alpha (UK B.1.17), the less fearsome though still more virulent and contagious than Wild Type, ended up being the worldwide dominant strain until Delta (India B.1.617) decisively outcompeted every other strain across the globe.

Will New Omicron (Botswana/South Africa B.1.1.529) be the immunity escaping Omega strain?

Why I am nervous:
    concerning anecdotes from SA about immune escape and presumed high seroprevalence in the region, maybe 40% maybe 70% while vaccine uptake is just over 20%. South Africa had it bad, about as bad as anywhere and the situations in their hospitals were just gut wrenching for patients and staff. The issue is of course that there are localized bursts in incidence that follow a mutation of better reproductive fitness which could be similar to Alpha and Delta, but not necessarily immune escape, or it could mean some level of immune escape. We have alterations in areas of the spike protein that could compromise previous infection immunity, vaccine response, and even multicompartment immunity... but will eyeballing a protein/sequence and computer simulation equal reduced activity in vitro? In vivo? Meaningfully so? For those previously infected? For those vaccinated? How about for those boosted? It could be with this many mutations that much of the previous vaccine efficacy will be muted, at least for infection. We won't know for 2-4 weeks.

When 1918 H1N1 Paninfluenza went around the world in several waves over the 2+ years of that pandemic, it mutated into more strains than SARS-CoV-2. There was no vaccine, or even real understanding that it was a virus. People were reinfected because the new strains were mutated to the point of immune escape because that is what Influenza virus does best, much better than COVID. But the immune memory was not truly blind. The people who were infected previously had a much milder course and the second time around, and that wasn't simply regression to mean virulence through mutation.

What is clear is that like Delta, "Omicron" emerged in a low vaccination region. Mutations come from replications. The only way to cut replications is to prevent infections. The only way to prevent infections long term is vaccinations. Luckily, with mRNA technology, Moderna and Biontech could start the production of a tuned up booster shot next week. Vaccine producers already have done work on this. If we treat approval as we do seasonal influenza shots, deployment could be faster than the virus moving forward. Similarly, we can generate monoclonal antibody treatments rapidly. Lastly, new protease inhibitor antiviral drugs such as those from Pfizer and Merck conceptually seem unlikely to be affected by RBD mutations as these don't play into the drugs mechanism (the proteases won't change). So, even at worst case, this won't be a "new pandemic," but something similar or worse than Delta's terrible impact while we mitigate with drugs and non-pharmaceutical interventions until a new booster is deployed. Best case, this is a nothingburger. I am hopeful that immunity from vaccine and previous infection will have preserved efficacy against sever disease.
    Last edited by Summit; 11-26-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Was on a Brit ski forum reading about logistics of travel to the Alps, and some guy was going on about how the wearing of masks (and by implication, public hygiene like cleaning door handles occasionally in public areas) was a bad thing long term because as we saw with the lack of ‘Flu last winter, viruses wouldn’t propagate as much and thus our immune systems over time would become weak due to underutilization.

My view is that none of these measures work 100%, so reducing the number of contagions being passed around doesn’t mean our immune systems are never used….just means the use would be less frequent. Meanwhile the contagions would have less opportunity to mutate into more virulent strains.

With so many elderly dying of pneumonia historically, my dentistry background suggests that life expectancies would increase. ?
    Is there any evolutionary purpose of disease? One hypothesis as to why some are so effected by COVID, and some are asymptomatic, is because of previous exposure to corona viruses. What's better, playing wack a mole with vaccines while new variants continually pop out from places without the same access to the vaccines, or just letting it run rampant trying to build worldwide immunity as quickly as possible? I think we will need 50 years to sort out the true answer to this question.

I still have a pretty robust supply of "good" masks. The folks who should be most worried about any new strain spreading wildly are the ones who refuse to wear masks around other people indoors. So, again those folks will be the ones suffering most along with the healthcare workers stuck trying to save them from their own ignorance/stubbornness. Betting science can crank out an updated vaccine within a year again., but back to masks everywhere all the time until then for smart people if it's confirmed vaccines are way less effective at preventing serious illness from this.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Is there any evolutionary purpose of disease? One hypothesis as to why some are so effected by COVID, and some are asymptomatic, is because of previous exposure to corona viruses. What's better, playing wack a mole with vaccines while new variants continually pop out from places without the same access to the vaccines, or just letting it run rampant trying to build worldwide immunity as quickly as possible? I think we will need 50 years to sort out the true answer to this question.
    Rampant spread = overwhelmed healthcare system = mass excess of death from many causes, COVID and otherwise

Rampant spread = mutations galore

Vaccines prevent replications prevent mutations

It's been awhile since someone suggested pulling a Sweden.

Or that it’s just the flu.

If some new strain keeps overwhelming health care systems be prepared for more exodus of healthcare workers from the system - especially ER nurses.

I'm fucking sick of this shit.

Same.

But I’m trying to not dwell on “the sky is falling!” feelings until more definitive details about how effective our vaccines are vs this new strain. Perhaps us vaccinated people don’t need to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'm fucking sick of this shit.
    X2

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Same.

But I’m trying to not dwell on “the sky is falling!” feelings until more definitive details about how effective our vaccines are vs this new strain. Perhaps us vaccinated people don’t need to be concerned.
    I'm fucking concerned because it could result in another six months to a year lockdown just at the beginning of ski season. And, well, life, next year.
    Honestly, though, think of the children. My life wont be as fucked up as their's, losing another year of school and socialization.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    It's been awhile since someone suggested pulling a Sweden.
    Is Sweden doing that bad? We're still in the middle of the game but it is plausible when it is all said and done scientist will point to Sweden as the country who best handled this pandemic. Protecting those most vulnerable at the early stages while building natural immunity in the population with less risk. Then widespread acceptance of the vaccine once available. This sets them up favorably to handle the variants going forward.

I wish this planet wasn't separated into greedy nation states but instead had a world-wide government. Then there would just as much focus on vaccinating a Botswana village as there is on some American city. Or at least that's how it is supposed to work in my utopian vision of the world.

I do think we are fools not to ban travel to/from southern African nations immediately. "We need study first" says Fauci... we'll have great data 2-4 weeks late. You can drop the ban if it is a nothingburger, but there is no time machine if it is an vaccine escaper. WTF.

As a Practical matter travel bans haven’t been 100% so haven’t been actual travel bans because the superspreader elite get to globe trot and they haven’t been dropped quickly.

Is Sweden doing that bad? We're still in the middle of the game but it is plausible when it is all said and done scientist will point to Sweden as the country who best handled this pandemic.
    no, it’s not plausible this will happen. There are multiple countries that handled the pandemic much much better economically and socially and health/death wise.

Isn’t a Brit going to ski in the alps leaving hogarthian squalor and despair for clean living?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    As a Practical matter travel bans haven’t been 100% so haven’t been actual travel bans because the superspreader elite get to globe trot and they haven’t been dropped quickly.
    Who cares. Bans buy time not complete Prevention.

Biden bans travel from South Africa starting Monday. Not linking but it's on the news as of just now.

With such a quick turnaround in that decision, maybe they already know stuff we don't? More likely, Biden's economy was the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Biden to restrict travel from South Africa and 7 other countries starting Monday

President Biden will restrict travel from South Africa and seven other countries starting Monday as a new coronavirus variant has emerged, administration officials tell CNN.

Acting on advice from Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Biden administration will restrict travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

Officials, who are still learning more about the variant, said the policy was implemented out of an abundance of caution given the World Health Organization has now identified this as a variant of concern.

"Our scientists and public health officials are working quickly to learn more about this variant," one official said.
    This does not apply to American citizens and lawful permanent residents. As with all international travelers, they must still test negative prior to travel.

Altaslob is beginning to suspect the efficacy of vaccines in spite of all data and evidence that this is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated. All of our patients in the ICU are unvaccinated. All of our patients in isolation are unvaccinated. We should probably just give up and let Covid run rampant though. Who needs life saving/changing medical intervention anyway? We’ll just fill the hospital with Covid patients and pretend everything is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Do they even buy time? Or is it just pandering theater? 2021 through august the us received <100k visitors with African citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Do they even buy time? Or is it just pandering theater? 2021 through august the us received <100k visitors with African citizenship.
    Certainly, a handful of people that have the new variant couldn’t infect others. Is this where we’re at again? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Certainly, a handful of people that have the new variant couldn’t infect others. Is this where we’re at again? Wtf?

Yeah, we are again at the bullshit about get tough “travel bans” that aren’t very effective because they let in many, many, people who could infect stage again

edit. the last time we did this we rushed home how many thousands of people, many of whom didn’t quarantine at all?