Page 661 of 929 FirstFirst ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 23206
    I only brought up the Israeli study because it seemed more legit than the cdc one. The cdc study is obviously biased to get more people vaccinated. The end goal is fine, but it builds distrust in people about the cdc. It’s like when Fauci said, “if you don’t believe Anthony Fauci, you don’t believe in science.” It took 2 years for the cdc to acknowledge natural immunity. The cdc and government need to be more transparent.
    This quote has stuck in my mind about the kids vaccine
    "We're worried about a side effect that we can't measure yet, but it's probably real," said committee member Dr. Eric Rubin, editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine and an infectious disease expert at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"We're never going to learn how safe it is until we start giving it," he added

Yeah, you're in a position to judge the quality of these studies. One is "more legit" and the other "obviously biased". GTFO.

You just made my point. You act like your smarter than me. All I see is someone believing blindly in an idea and and is afraid to admit they might be wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weartv....immunity-study
    The CDC study only focuses on individuals who are hospitalized, i.e., people who contract disease serious enough to get them hospitalized. This means the participants may not represent the general population, Dowdy says.

“Long story short, this is not a representative population of people who are vaccinated or people who had COVID before,” Dowdy says. “I’m not sure that I would necessarily have any reason to believe that it’s more likely to be biased or in favor of the vaccine as opposed to previous immunity, but it certainly runs the risk of being biased. And the number you would get here is not the number you would get in the general population

The data suggests that getting vaccinated, even with prior Covid infection, is the best way to protect yourself and the rest of society. It’s really not complicated, you can argue endlessly and split hairs but that’s what is best for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    You just made my point. You act like your smarter than me. All I see is someone believing blindly in an idea and and is afraid to admit they might be wrong.
    No, I'm acting like someone who understands their limitations; you won't find me leading any narrative that runs counter or undermines proven fields of study and medicine, established and demonstrated practices, well regarded institutions, etc.

You are making outrageous claims with specious reasoning - poorly qualified and well outside any experience you might have.

So yeah, I think you come across as an overly confident idiot who lacks self-awareness and is an entrenched shitposter.

"blindly believing" in what idea exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The data suggests that getting vaccinated, even with prior Covid infection, is the best way to protect yourself and the rest of society. It’s really not complicated, you can argue endlessly and split hairs but that’s what is best for everyone.
    Right? The basic value of vaccines is you reap the rewards that infected survivors would have without incurring the risks (and costs) of disease - which can be administered at scale with quantifiable and predicable outcomes. Amongst the reasons vaccines are a useful, preventative strategy for disease and haphazardly getting sick is not.

Is my outrageous claim that natural immunity is a real thing?

personally, I thought your outrageous claims were that the Israeli study was more legit that what the CDC has produced, that the CDC is clearly biased (against what?), and that Fauci said “if you don’t believe Anthony Fauci, you don’t believe in science.”
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    personally, I thought your outrageous claims were that the Israeli study was more legit that what the CDC has produced, that the CDC is clearly biased (against what?), and that Fauci said “if you don’t believe Anthony Fauci, you don’t believe in science.”
    Claiming the CDC has somehow been denying natural immunity is pretty outrageous, too.

“A lot of what you’re seeing as attacks on me, quite frankly, are attacks on science Fauci told NBC News host Chuck Todd.

Teletech, what’s the reason for your argument here? You’ve been vaccinated, so what’s the goal? Are you trying to change minds about the need for universal vaccination? Genuinely curious.

runs the risk of being biased
    That's easily the weakest criticism that can possibly be leveled at this point and definitely does not correlate with "obviously biased."

There are numerous ways that estimates can be biased when you're trying to apply them to the general population. Vaccinated or unvaccinated people can be more or less likely to go for tests (so using PCR+ can be problematic). Deaths reflect biases (like survivorship creating a selection bias in the previously recovered). Hospitalization only reflects the seriously ill, but to become a meaningful bias the fraction who get seriously ill would have to be very different between the two groups. In what way might that happen, and why would it matter? Hint: if avoiding serious illness is an end goal in itself (hospitalization being dangerous and expensive) then there is no bias there, it's just a measurement of how well that goal is achieved.

Hospitalization numbers are the hardest to fake and the least likely to be thrown off by politics and they offer the best chance to make comparisons in real time (which is critical since delta vs. pre-delta has been a widespread source of error).

You've shown some really flawed logic in here, like claiming the best way to build immunity could be to throw a covid party (think about why you want immunity in the first place). Expect to be talked down to. It's not nice, but neither is 2021.

Ok Roofer. Your language is the sort we expect from people who work on other people's houses and not involved in any science related field:

that says natural immunity is better than the vaccine
    Completely unqualified statement. "better" how? Is it useful as mechanism or main strategy in mitigating a pandemic? You are inferring and drawing conclusions to fit a narrative instead of using this as additional information that will be part of a growing body of evidence in an evolving situation.

Why is the Israeli study false? It shows natural immunity is 13 times more effective than vaccine.
    "False". Simpleton binary view on display. Right/Wrong only - which wasn't the challenge, it was framing it within the scope of the study, usefulness of pandemic mitigation and context. Also - still unqualified to the point of uselessness.

Much like how science works, when you examine the "body of evidence" of your posts, you are clearly being a dickish shitposter who just wants to stir shit up and present a contrarian view of vaccines, pandemic mitigation approaches and obviously are trying to undermine well established data that shows how effective they are.

“A lot of what you’re seeing as attacks on me, quite frankly, are attacks on science Fauci told NBC News host Chuck Todd.
    Hey Alfred Einstein you realize how much that quote is way fucking different than what you wrote, right? Why is that now? You are insufferable.

thats cuz we are smarter than you

at least you were just barely smart enough to get vaxed but refute everything about it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Why would I be a roofer? Where are you getting that from. I’m just unimpressed with the vaccine after my families experience. Also not sure how we’re going to get out of this with all the breakthrough cases. Also the cdc not recording breakthrough cases unless there is hospitalization is strange to me. There is a lot of mistrust out there,and the leadership isn’t the best. I can’t stand trump or Biden so I don’t have a side there. I’m just frustrated

Why would I be a roofer? Where are you getting that from. I’m just unimpressed with the vaccine after my families experience. Also not sure how we’re going to get out of this with all the breakthrough cases. Also the cdc not recording breakthrough cases unless there is hospitalization is strange to me. There is a lot of mistrust out there,and the leadership isn’t the best. I can’t stand trump or Biden so I don’t have a side there. I’m just frustrated
    If I infer your statement correctly, I don't think your expectations are realistic. Further, your reaction to being disappointed is childish. Frustration is understandable - many of us share that, however, most of us here are frustrated with poor adoption and conduct because we view this as paramount to mitigating the impact of the pandemic...which affects our daily lives.

How many of you were hospitalized? You are unimpressed with the vaccine but you won't allow for the alternative timeline. This is a vicious disease, your family was vaccinated and while most of you still got the virus, nobody ended up hospitalized or worse. Yet you look at this myopically, "we got vaccinated and then caught covid, so vaccines don't work".
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m going to ask again, how many of your family were hospitalized and/or died? From the beginning that was the goal with Covid vaccines. The concern is overwhelming the hospital system with Covid patients. It’s an incredible drain on the system and prevents a lot of treatment that would normally happen. This is just like the flu vaccine but it works better. If Covid wasn’t such a wild card in regards to outcomes and was just an annoyance or mild flu like illness no one would worry. So, how many of your family we’re hospitalized and/or died?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m going to ask again, how many of your family were hospitalized and/or died?
    The modern day entitlement is something to behold. In the midst of a world wide pandemic which has a disease that impacts health greater than seen in over a century, we develop and deploy serveral highly effective vaccines (free!) and we find nitpicks and complaints abound.

Instead of being appreciative that the smart kids rolled up their sleeves and delivered, in better than ever before response, we bitch.

In olden times, you'd trade your 1st born to have a shaman wave a dead bird over you and say some magic words in hope that you might be spared. Probably eventually memorialize and bury that soother wrapped in gold and jewels as homage too.

Have we determined what banned user "teletech" is the reincarnation of? Because there's no way he's not just a new username of an old, argumentative twat.

In the meantime, please stop quoting him... or better yet - put him on Ignore. It's like fucking Groundhog Day around here.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Have we determined what banned user "teletech" is the reincarnation of? Because there's no way he's not just a new username of an old, argumentative twat.

In the meantime, please stop quoting him... or better yet - put him on Ignore. It's like fucking Groundhog Day around here.

2010 join date, he's playing the long game if he's reincarnated.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

It must be infinitely entertaining to whoever the user is to post the same tired argument over and over again whilst ignoring what is posted in response.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

6vaccinated adults and 7 unvaccinated Kids were not hospitalized. The kids fared better.

Have you considered that your ilk just have shit genes? Not everyone inherits an amazing immune system or, on the other hand, have great sanitary practices at home.