Page 776 of 929 FirstFirst ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... LastLast
Results 19,376 to 19,400 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks.
    HA is a goddamn killer like that. Just murders people.

Definite concern for Shish's dad and everyone else needing life saving care. It's pretty clear to most reasonable folks that people refusing to protect themselves and others by opting out of getting vaccinated are doing great harm to the rest of us all.. physically and financially.. You're why we can't have nice things right now like emergency surgery..

get vaccinated

please and thank you-

sjg
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Children and teens 18 years and younger who have had COVID-19 are up to 2.5 times more likely to be newly diagnosed with diabetes after infection.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...-Hr7efw4IjmrC0

I didn't delve into the strength of this retrospective cohort study but maybe someone else can take a stab at it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...erta-1.6307357

this is interesting ^^

Over 1,200 residents in La Crete, Alta. paid a private company for serology testing for COVID-19 antibodies in mid-December.

Keep in mind this is northern alberta so a lot of Crayon-eaters paid 100$ each
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...erta-1.6307357

this is interesting ^^

Over 1,200 residents in La Crete, Alta. paid a private company for serology testing for COVID-19 antibodies in mid-December.

Keep in mind this is northern alberta so a lot of Crayon-eaters paid 100$ each
    Haha

“Kuzmickas is a mechanical engineer without training or expertise in epidemiology, virology or vaccines. He said he is interpreting the data the best he can.”

ya seen that ^^ so how was an engineer able to convince 1200 people to part with 100$ each and is that the testing costs or did he double screw them ??

whats next sell refridgerators to the Inuit ?

I don't think we can say the E word anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Children and teens 18 years and younger who have had COVID-19 are up to 2.5 times more likely to be newly diagnosed with diabetes after infection.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...-Hr7efw4IjmrC0

I didn't delve into the strength of this retrospective cohort study but maybe someone else can take a stab at it.
    So maybe COVID attacked their pancreas or other organs, but maybe they had preexisting /pre diabetic conditions anyway, which is why they got COVID bad, or maybe the lockdown just made the kids fat and accelerated the process of them eventually getting diabetes?

Apparently Quebec is now requiring proof of vaccination to buy alcohol and as a result vaccine appointments have quadrupled!

or MJ

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    i am dyslexic, bad in grammar and writing in a foreign language : ) good luck finding out what i want to say.
    get vaccinated, get boosted, wear a mask and stop talking shit
    I thought you were saying we should look for snowboarder chicks in gondolas.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I thought you were saying we should look for snowboarder chicks in gondolas.
    This. They go down.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Roommate results just came back positive. I'm sure mine will too. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So maybe COVID attacked their pancreas or other organs, but maybe they had preexisting /pre diabetic conditions anyway, which is why they got COVID bad, or maybe the lockdown just made the kids fat and accelerated the process of them eventually getting diabetes?
    This is type 1 diabetes - the autoimmune kind- not the obesity driven type 2 “adult onset” diabetes (that can happen in fat kids too - but not in this study)

If they already had diabetes they wouldn’t have been included.

And they would have to have full blown diabetes in order to have significant degree of immune system dysfunction - not just a predisposition to diabetes.

That’s my take - but smrter people around here can weigh in.

Edit: see clarifications below

This is type 1 diabetes - the autoimmune kind- not the obesity driven type 2 “adult onset” diabetes (that can happen in fat kids too - but not in this study)
    It looks like the study didn't distinguish between type 1 and 2? Also no data on covariates that might also impact likelihood of COVID diagnosis. Overall it seems concerning but not conclusive given the limitations of the study.

The findings in this report are subject to at least four limitations. First, the definition of diabetes might have low specificity because it used a single ICD-10-CM code, did not include laboratory data at the time of diagnosis, and could not reliably distinguish between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Second, patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 without a COVID-19 diagnosis or documented positive test result might be misclassified as not having COVID-19. Third, the present analyses lacked information on covariates that could have affected the association between COVID-19 and incident diabetes, including prediabetes, race/ethnicity, and obesity status. Finally, estimated associations are only representative of persons aged <18 years seeking care included in these commercial claims databases and not of pediatric populations with SARS-CoV-2 infection without commercial health insurance or who do not seek health care.

If they already had diabetes they wouldn’t have been included.

And they would have to have full blown diabetes in order to have significant degree of immune system dysfunction - not just a predisposition to diabetes.

That’s my take - but smrter people around here can weigh in.
    They say Type 1 is doubled but then say:

The findings in this report are subject to at least four limitations. First, the definition of diabetes might have low specificity because it used a single ICD-10-CM code, did not include laboratory data at the time of diagnosis, and could not reliably distinguish between type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

Second, patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 without a COVID-19 diagnosis or documented positive test result might be misclassified as not having COVID-19. Third, the present analyses lacked information on covariates that could have affected the association between COVID-19 and incident diabetes, including prediabetes, race/ethnicity, and obesity status.

Ok understood. I saw the type 1 mention but missed the other details that counter my presumptions. That’s informative thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    i am dyslexic, bad in grammar and writing in a foreign language : ) good luck finding out what i want to say.
    get vaccinated, get boosted, wear a mask and stop talking shit
    I'd say your command of idiomatic English is pretty good. (American English--the Brits say shite, don't they?)

So am I reading it correctly that:
    1) increase in Type 1 has been observed during Covid
    2) study suggests strong correlation between Covid diagnosis and increased risk of (any) diabetes diagnosis
    3) therefore, while we can’t say for certain Covid is causing type 1 diagnosis increases, it seems like the logical conclusion?

Did it say "strong" correlation?

FWIW, I have Type 2 and I'm 5'9" @ 152.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

My result: "Not Detected"

Close to zero chance I don't have it and my roommate has it and we have the exact same symptoms, same timeline, eat meals together, sit on the same couch etc etc.

Just have to assume I have it and that the test was wrong I guess.

What symptoms you got, WG? Mine were all sinus related at first, but it’s the fucking lingering fatigue right now that’s kicking my ass…..Day 5 since I tested positive.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Sinus congestion, sneezing, dry cough, headache, chest tightness, body aches especially the back of my neck. All those started Friday night.

Leading up to Friday maybe Weds/Thurs night I was having these weird "heart spasms" when trying to fall asleep. I had this before in the past and actually went to the doc and had EKG etc. These were accompanied by really insane dreams......same super insane dreams I have had when I got vaccinated and boosted.

Fuck dude, hang in there….I never had any type of respiratory symptoms, but on night one I had wicked aches and chills……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sinus congestion, sneezing, dry cough, headache, chest tightness, body aches especially the back of my neck. All those started Friday night.

Leading up to Friday maybe Weds/Thurs night I was having these weird "heart spasms" when trying to fall asleep. I had this before in the past and actually went to the doc and had EKG etc. These were accompanied by really insane dreams......same super insane dreams I have had when I got vaccinated and boosted.
    Pcr or antigen test?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Pcr or antigen test?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    PCR