Page 880 of 929 FirstFirst ... 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 22,000 of 23206
    Being in the ER and OR all the time, not sure how she escaped as long as she did. Hummm..... might be something to the mask-up theories.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Immune response development needs to be extremely incremental. Blasting people with a novel COVID variant is a lot like sending the Native Americans on a winter journey and handing them blankets loaded with small pox. It was pretty well proven that our immune response isn't sufficient to battle novel COVID on it's own same as their wasn't ready to fight small pox. Vaccines accelerate that process that would otherwise take generations and generations naturally.. i.e. a shitload of people dying for decades and decades before we handle it naturally..

Quit acting like a moran regurgitating the totally debunked antivax bullshit about how immune response works. It's dangerous..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Shot #3 on Friday. Friday night sucked - fever, muscle aches, headache etc. all made for pretty shitty sleep. Mostly came out of it by Sat afternoon but I'm approaching 72hrs post-boost and still have lingering upper trapezius muscle aches and occasional headaches. Definitely worse than my prior 2 doses, variable being that 1 & 2 were Pfizer and 3 was Moderna.

Tested negative (AG) this AM. What's the right move here? Wait for lingering symptoms to subside and if 2nd AG test is negative at that point venture back into the world, or give it more time? I've had no respiratory symptoms (had these when I got COVID in Dec), no known exposures, but definitely had prolonged exposure to large groups last week. I've been able to isolate no problem since Friday - roomies are gone and work is flexible.

You are testing after you got a vaccine booster? Does not compute.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Ag test tomorrow. If no more symptoms and (-), assume that was the from the vax. If still symptoms and RAT (-), consider that you may have another bug. If persistence of symptoms for many more days, I’d personally consider reaching out for a friend that’s a doctor or NP.

I have a friend that was infected the day before getting one of their vax shots. A known exposure, but it made for some confusion until getting tested.

Interesting thread on breakthroughs and testing.

Michael Mina
    @michaelmina_lab
    ·
    Jun 18
    Replying to
    @michaelmina_lab
    Almost all infections today are breakthroughs

So even if the virus hasn’t grown up enough to turn a test Pos at moment symptom start

with how infectious new variants are, it is important to consider symptoms as a first indicator of being infectious

Like we do w flu!

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/...95804644589569

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Interesting thread on breakthroughs and testing.

Michael Mina
    @michaelmina_lab
    ·
    Jun 18
    Replying to
    @michaelmina_lab
    Almost all infections today are breakthroughs

So even if the virus hasn’t grown up enough to turn a test Pos at moment symptom start

with how infectious new variants are, it is important to consider symptoms as a first indicator of being infectious

Like we do w flu!

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/...95804644589569
    Noted the last tweet in the thread:

"And to clarify the top tweet - this does NOT mean that there is not still plenty of asymptomatic spread. There is!

It’s just that now we have a lot of people w symptoms starting early and we should use that to our advantage as a population."
    Last edited by jono; 06-21-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Immune response development needs to be extremely incremental. Blasting people with a novel COVID variant is a lot like sending the Native Americans on a winter journey and handing them blankets loaded with small pox. It was pretty well proven that our immune response isn't sufficient to battle novel COVID on it's own same as their wasn't ready to fight small pox. Vaccines accelerate that process that would otherwise take generations and generations naturally.. i.e. a shitload of people dying for decades and decades before we handle it naturally..

Quit acting like a moran regurgitating the totally debunked antivax bullshit about how immune response works. It's dangerous..
    It's not dangerous if nobody reads it.

Over/under on an mRNA booster targeting variants getting FDA approved by Sept?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Should know more in a couple weeks. I bet it gets approved although most will say that the bump in protection is moderate at best.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    good question -
    Today, I 'll take the under ( not approved ) but let's revisit this August first...

reactively, I think by September is early /
    by November might be a target depending on where the variants are in terms of pathology and transmission...

Please be boostered. tj

They key will be the talks on changing the approval framework so it resembles how flu vaccine are approved every year. Seems like the tested updated vaccines are already out of date so the question will be is it even worth the price of switching.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

On the subject of reinfections and potential effectiveness of a booster based on omicron ba1, Topol is skeptical

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/a-reinfection-red-flag

“The Omicron BA.2, BA.2.12.1, BA.4, and BA.5 have progressively increased immune escape and there is limited cross-immunity with BA.1…. CDC update of genomics shows we have 35% of new cases accounted by the BA.4/5 variants, which have the most immune-evasiveness of any variant since the pandemic began, and 56% by BA.2.12.1…. besides vulnerability to reinfections, the Omicron BA.1 specific vaccines ,due to become available this Fall, may not provide enhanced protection as anticipated. BA.4/5 are too different from BA.1 with respect to how our immune system sees them. Even the head of BioNTech has recently warned about the potential for further immune escape and the reduced impact of vaccines, including an Omicron-BA.1 specific one….”

Thx ^^. We’re lucky in that our normal lifestyle (WFH, outdoor rec with friends) has very little exposure to flu, Covid etc but we are probably flying to Yurp in early Autumn so getting even a marginally improved booster by then is attractive.

I’m grateful that the gnarly Covid case I had in late Feb didn’t have any longterm impact but it was an eye opening experience.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    You just got a "free" asymptomatic booster. My wife/kid did same when I had it over the New Year, totally asymptomatic.

Theory on popping positive a bit later in vaccinated, immune system is primed, recognizes spike protein, creates immune response (you feel like shit), but viral load still too low to test positive. Similar to allergic reaction. First time you eat peanuts, your body will prime its immune system. Second time you eat them you are in the ED getting epinephrine.
    Guessing I didn't get an asymptomatic booster last month after all. Had the beginnings of a sore throat about 5 days ago. Got a bit worse the following day and felt sluggish so took a test (negative). Woke up on Father's Day with 102 deg fever. Took another test that afternoon - positive. Fack! Two days of feeling like pure shit. Much better today, just a stuffy nose and mild cough. Wife/kids all good but they've all had it in the past month or two. Leaving on a trip (staying with some friends) tomorrow afternoon (day 6 since symptom onset) but assuming that unless I test negative, it's a no go or push to Friday. Fingers crossed but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Tell us more about how our immune response is insufficient to a novel virus with a 99%+ survival rate. was 99% not "sufficient" for you? This isn't Indians and smallpox. COVID is statistically only killing the unhealthy and old, not 90+% of the population like smallpox did to the indians, moran.

"a shitload of people dying for decades and decades" (maybe quote an article supporting some of your claims one of these days?) Your foggy glasses narrative also doesn't take into account the natural evolution of a virus, which is also "pretty well proven". Dead hosts aren't particularly good when it comes to incubating and spreading a virus. That's why all these viruses trend towards milder and more infectious, it's about fitness just like how the spanish flu is still with us TODAY, but not as deadly for "generations and generations". 1918 wasn't long ago, generationally speaking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...-pandemic-end/

Omicron was our mass vaccination event despite what Pfizer and their army of lobbyists tell you.

Whoever coined the term "breakthrough infection" should first be punished by Biden's Ministry of Truth for such a blatant lie, then promptly join the marketing department of my company making 6 figures because they are a goddamn marketing genius.

I'm assuming you are old as shit and just scared for your survival, which i can understand. Policy was dictated by the 70+ boomer crowd (who are inexplicably still in charge?), and they were rightfully scared after decades of poor health decisions.

It's June 2022, our local infection rates are as high as they were during the first 2 waves, but what's different?

We are now seeing the ripple effects of forced closures of businesses, printing money like there is no tomorrow, and lockdowns. Things aren't good. The Walking Dead virus could crop up in Tennessee next week and I GUARANFUCKINGTEE you we will not lockdown or force business closures again this time (at least the USA). We saw the thin veil of organized society almost crumble in 2020, and won't entertain that again.

Quit acting like a moran regurgitating the totally debunked vax bullshit about how immune response works. Stop acting like its April 2021 out there. They told you lies, they've been proven wrong, and your still parroting them. It's dangerous..
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 06-22-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    good question -
    Today, I 'll take the under ( not approved ) but let's revisit this August first...

reactively, I think by September is early /
    by November might be a target depending on where the variants are in terms of pathology and transmission...

Please be boostered. tj
    Moderna says ready to ship in August, but who knows.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...st-2022-06-22/

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    They key will be the talks on changing the approval framework so it resembles how flu vaccine are approved every year. Seems like the tested updated vaccines are already out of date so the question will be is it even worth the price of switching.

The impression I got was that it wasn't regulatory delay, it was that pharma was holding off on asking for approval, given the moderate success against OG omicron and the rapidly changing variants. Although at this point the companies and the FDA do want to see at least some effectiveness data. As I understand it, with flu they market the yearly vaccine without clinical testing, based on decades of experience with flu vaccines, and with effectiveness that ranges from mediocre to moderate. And the virology/epidemiology of flu is pretty unique. Given the high level of skepticism re covid vaccines in certain segments of the populace I doubt anyone wants to release a vaccine "that's never been tested". BTW--expect the antivaxxers to be coming for your flu shot next.

Yeah. I don't understand the differences between viruses but I certainly hope it is because of that and not because we are catering to an irrational fear based populace.

I get the flu shot knowing it is a bunch of scientists sitting around throwing darts predicting which variant will become widespread and I am okay with that.

^^likewise. I'd be fine with some kind of streamlining with qualification by similarity to vaccines that have been given millions of times.

Weird datapoint: my most vax-resistant client (some hundreds of employees, half or so hand-wringers) cancelled in-person meetings and has several critical people working from home this week.

Some good news, though: not one single person now living has ever died of the virus. Not even Sumjongguy. So we've got that going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Moderna says ready to ship in August, but who knows.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...st-2022-06-22/
    Moderna reports it has a variant vaccine it has not yet sought approval for -

Big step ( approval )
    forty day approval for their August first target is very optimistic -
    the bureaucracy likes to at least appear to be deliberate.

Thanks for the link. tj

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Omicron was our mass vaccination event despite what Pfizer and their army of lobbyists tell you.
    Fuck off with this idiocy.

Everyone knows it’s Asspen. But he’s not using that name because someone doxxed it (someone even said he doxxed himself)

But yet everyone knows Percy is him…so if Asspen is doxxed so is Percy….so why the alias?

300+ people died today Percy. It’s kind of a lot.

I’m about two weeks into full recovery from Covid. It kinda sucks lost my voice crackling chest. Weak lethargic. Ect. I’d say I felt like shit for about 3 weeks

Never got tested

Next door neighbor told me a couple days ago he has Covid. It seems to be working through the population. Neighbor is on dialysis. Seems he’s going to live?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~