Page 549 of 929 FirstFirst ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 23206
    So the new argument is: since there's a great variability to your personal response to COVID, we should develop a highly sophisticated and complex testing apparatus - the like that has never been done at scale before... so we can measure and evaluate your personal characteristics and hedge on your risk and likelihood of transmissibility

rather than

$20 worth of vaccines that are largely already quantified, proven and has a known baseline and is flexible enough to adjust and mitigate any foreseeable variants

Totally feasible and viable! I mean the labs must be ready for this testing, right? The projections about your risk/transmissibility must be so well understood that they can be forecastable from your antibody count undoubtedly. Absolutely and perfectly quantified down to the hour/min/second you'll be 'immune'. And the adoption rate from the general public certainly would be enough to move the needle and make an impact in battling the pandemic - I mean it's proven! Just like the shocking evidence from Skidork that Pfizer is nefariously influencing the government to advocate vaccines and boosters.

Or - tried and true vaccines, which we have. With the existing distribution methods.

I love it when people people talk about running government / public service items like a business. Then they propose some random half-baked idea as a foregone solution. The must envision some romanticized vision of an entrepreneur having an idea and the next day full scale roll out. It's clear they never worked legitimate business. The amount of effort into feasibility, viability, execution, engineering, adoption, maintenance, forecasting and projections for a solution at scale. GTFO. Armchair, layperson "takes" like this are pure poppycock. Tells me you don't actually do anything important in life.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    God you two reek of telemarktips.
    confused. I always thought there were more than two dogs on tele tips that smelled of patchouli.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    and ignored...because YOU concluded they werent worthy or your interest. You have only one mindset and this is EVERYONE NEEDS A VAX...sorry...thats not the real world case... I know you WANT it to be...but then there is reality.
    But everyone does need a vax.

We need a new baseline as the old baseline and variabilities are no longer valid.

Once we are at 70....no 80... no 85....no 90... no 95% vaccinated we'll be able to start addressing the 20....no 30....no ??? breakthrough rates to stomp out this pandemic for good!!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Words are hard when you are smug senile cunt
    Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Fuck off.
    Sorry, I keep forgetting to bring out the kid gloves for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    But everyone does need a vax.

We need a new baseline as the old baseline and variabilities are no longer valid.

Once we are at 70....no 80... no 85....no 90... no 95% vaccinated we'll be able to start addressing the 20....no 30....no ??? breakthrough rates to stomp out this pandemic for good!!
    also, does me getting a vaccine now allow me to travel for the next 30 years? Or do I have to get a booster and show proof of a booster before I can travel next year?

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    also, does me getting a vaccine now allow me to travel for the next 30 years? Or do I have to get a booster and show proof of a booster before I can travel next year?
    so because the data isnt there people should just "get the jab" even if they might not need it? Do you often take pharma you dont need?
    Vaccines provide durable protection against severe disease and I've argued repeatedly that I don't think boosters are necessary for most vax'd people. Vaccines really work and are the best thing that could have happened.

The tragedy of the delta wave however was low rates of vaccination when it hit. So there is a clearly define benefit to boosters even if you've been previously infected: boosters protect against infection and bring cases down. For people who want and willingly accept an additional dose boosters are the least burdensome — vs masks & distancing — intervention currently available.

show me where i posted "misinformation" SPECIFICALLY...

NEVER have I used ANY "right wing" angle to my arguments..in fact the opposite. Im pointing out the fact that the majority here only see ONE SIDE... Its like the Mandalorian "This is the way".
    Another movie reference?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It obviously would depend on the status of the pandemic.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Deebased is too stupid to understand what "flatten the curve" means. No one who has been subjected to his 10,000+ posts is surprised.

Skidog admits to being a dishonest disingenuous troll just wasting time at work. Thank you for your honesty troll.

Negative my good man. We're listening to the science and science doesn't have a next move until the prior move is complete.

The only side the majority see is that your nonstop posting is fucking annoying.

Nobody said "let's ignore a reasonable concern", in fact, they've all been discussed.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Do you often take pharma you dont need?
    like ivermectin?

Name:  242325508_10165994549150226_6572348106901232236_n.jpeg
Views: 808
Size:  20.4 KB

We need a lot more beer

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It obviously would depend on the status of the pandemic.
    It would be the first step to allow him to travel now. Sort of like a US passport (ha!) - it is valid for 10 years but it doesn't guarantee entry, circumstances permitting

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Deebased is too stupid to understand what "flatten the curve" means. No one who has been subjected to his 10,000+ posts is surprised.

Skidog admits to being a dishonest disingenuous troll just wasting time at work. Thank you for your honesty troll.
    A flat curve is a straight line. The only pandemic sustainable straight line never leaves the x axis.

You must be on the spectrum to read that so literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    A flat curve is a straight line. The only pandemic sustainable straight line never leaves the x axis.
    no, "flatten the curve" is equivalent to "reduce the peak(s)" in order to protect/provide an adequate supply of resources, access to healthcare, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You must be on the spectrum to read that so literally.
    peer-reviewed and sustained.

One of the Pakleds asked "whatabout" Australia?

Apparently too feeble to look for themselves. Australia looks fantastic compared to nearly every other country. 1200 killed, compared to 681,000 in the US. Also looks fantastic adjusted for population. Almost all the cases are in two states, most have no cases. Queensland appears to be bringing its outbreak under control.

you guys joke all you want but how do you plan on enforcing this mandate once it goes into effect in October? The easiest way - a vaccine passport on your phone!

You guys just love to keep moving goalposts though. First it was everyone needs to get vaccinated because that has the best effect at stopping Covid. Now that we know more, it’s shown that prior infection has the same antibodies as the vaccine. But we gotta move those goalposts to you need to have antibodies AND a vaccine! Simply being able to have your own immune system fight off the virus isn’t enough!!
    The level of protection from previous infection varies a lot and there’s no quantitative way to determine that. We know how effective vaccines are because of the clinical trials and now billions of doses being administered with no statistically relevant mortality and morbidity. That’s science and how preventative medicine works. Just like needing a shingles vaccine because you had chickenpox. There are people a lot smarter than you and I that study these things and I’m glad they do and I listen to their recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Re:Australia - yeah they are knocking it down (clarification for DeepAspergers - I don't mean to zero) but at what cost to their freedom! Your 65 year grandpa has to die because some bogan wants to get their nails done without wearing a mask.

Name:  3eupbgkrmfp71.jpeg
Views: 857
Size:  49.1 KB

It's impossible to not see these crybabies as the ultimate special snowflakes, right?

"Waaah, I don't want to use standard care in a public health crisis and bring stability to the nation. please develop something special for me so I can act in my very unique way. It's up to everyone else to work around me!"

Pathetic. You are not special. You are cliche.

Q: My 90yo mother just had a breakthrough case of Covid. Anyone know if she should wait to get the booster?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Q: My 90yo mother just had a breakthrough case of Covid. Anyone know if she should wait to get the booster?
    that's a bummer.

probably not while she is symptomatic. she should discuss it with her health care providers. at the local hospital, providers are encouraging vaccination/booster post-recovery at the time of discharge.