Page 889 of 929 FirstFirst ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,225 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    SumJongGuy is full of shit.
    Ya think?

I only look at these threads to see what kinda stupid shit he’s spouting off about.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    SumJongGuy is full of shit.
    You're right. I can't find anything referencing where I saw that. Might have been MMR or something else who knows..

My grandfather wasn't in the 12th mountain division.. it was the 12th Armored Division (Artillery Commander).

Cheney isn't running in Montana, it's Wyoming. I am, indeed full of shit. You can quote me..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Ya think?

I only look at these threads to see what kinda stupid shit he’s spouting off about.
    You know you love me..

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Ya think?

I have him on ignore as a timesaver because his posts are so consistently idiotically worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Apparently the polio virus in wastewater has been there since April. The NYS case was genotyped as attenuated vaccine virus from oral vaccine that ciruclated in an unvaccinated community and mutated into a paralytic strain. I believe the NY patient is a Haridi Jew who was exposed out of the country, I'm guessing in the Orthodox community in Israel. There is no religious doctrine against vaccination in Judaism but the ultra Orthodox communities are very isolated and rumors and fake news spreads in them like, well, viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    I have him on ignore as a timesaver because his posts are so consistently idiotically worthless.
    At least his username checks out, so he’s got that going for him.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

So despite our best efforts including quadruple vaccinations Ms TBS and I both have da Covid. The vector - 3YO granddaughter that stayed with us last week.
    She tested pos on Monday. Never saw cold symptoms when she was here. Prolly picked it up at her preschool

We felt fine Monday, got symptoms yesterday but tested neg - pos today.

It’s been light chills, itchy eyes and stuffy head for me - basic mild headcold

Ms TBS’ symptoms much worse - prolly because she takes meds that compromise her immune system. Sez she feels a lot better today though

Same

Please
    Be well, TBS !

tj

Hang tough, Mr and Mrs TBS. Beer and pizza on me when you can’t infect me. ;-)

NYC infectious disease doctor's Covid treatment recs. Dr. Daniel Griffin as seen on TWiV.
    https://twiv.s3.amazonaws.com/treatm...ary+081322.pdf

TBS may find something of value, especially the various post-exposure options. Best to get them early if you qualify. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    According to the CDC duration of protection is unknown. People at high risk--whatever that means--"can" get a booster.
    News tonight said additional polio booster no bueno.

I can still remember getting my final booster. I'm old enough that I was given the live (weakened) virus. They don't do that anymore.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    NYC infectious disease doctor's Covid treatment recs. Dr. Daniel Griffin as seen on TWiV.
    https://twiv.s3.amazonaws.com/treatm...ary+081322.pdf

TBS may find something of value, especially the various post-exposure options. Best to get them early if you qualify. Best wishes.
    Thanks. She has a call into her doc for a Paxlovid Rx

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Hang tough, Mr and Mrs TBS. Beer and pizza on me when you can’t infect me. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Please
    Be well, TBS !

tj
    Thanks.
    FOC, will ping when I next get to the Met for PM hatch - at this rate, won’t likely be this month :/.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    News tonight said additional polio booster no bueno.

I can still remember getting my final booster. I'm old enough that I was given the live (weakened) virus. They don't do that anymore.
    I'm still hoping we don't need a full run of polio vaccines.. i.e. this is just a fluke and it won't spread. Alas if they have them available and tell us to get them I'm in immediately though of course..

Update - Ms TBS talked this AM to her doc who is working from home because she - wait for it - has Covid.

She just started course of Paxlovid

Anybody take this before? Her doc warned her the side effects mimic Covid conditions (fever, aches, headache)

Wishing the TBS household the best possible outcome here. Immune compromised people will never be 100% past COVID until it's 100% gone off the community spread radar.
    <<<+++VIBES+++>>>

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    So despite our best efforts including quadruple vaccinations Ms TBS and I both have da Covid.

It’s been light chills, itchy eyes and stuffy head for me - basic mild headcold

Ms TBS’ symptoms much worse - prolly because she takes meds that compromise her immune system. Sez she feels a lot better today though
    We had nearly the same experience. Ms CE got it from a gathering in NJ and came back testing neg but knowing she'd been exposed bc one of the friends tested pos the next day. She then tested pos 2 days after that.

We took serious precautions (she basically lived outside or in the closed guest room, and never entered the house without a KN95), but I still got it.

She has had 4 shots but takes some kind of mild immunosuppressant bc, like TONS of women in their 40s, she has an unspecified autoimmune condition. She was pretty much in bed for 5 days and is only now getting better. On day 2 she got monoclonal antibodies, but we'll never know whether that helped her at all.

I had my 5th shot 2 days before testing positive, so that didn't help me. Nevertheless I have only had a slight sore throat and cough for 2 days and very mild symptoms for 2 more.

Here's hoping that our antibodies got a good tune up, bc we're heading to Burning Man next week.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I had my 5th shot 2 days before testing positive
    Holy shit, I didn't even realize that was possible (having had five shots by now).

It's not ..... I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Update - Ms TBS talked this AM to her doc who is working from home because she - wait for it - has Covid.

She just started course of Paxlovid

Anybody take this before? Her doc warned her the side effects mimic Covid conditions (fever, aches, headache)

Felt absolutely great a few days after completing the Paxlovid only to rebound a couple days later. The rebound was much quicker to get through w lighter symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Holy shit, I didn't even realize that was possible (having had five shots by now).
    The 5th shot is supposed to protect you when you're biking donw the middle of the highway in rural NV. Sorry Even : -- )

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My first one was a J&J early on at the local tribal center and it never made it into any records. Then I got 2x Modernas (2nd one knocked me flat for a full day). Then a Pfizer booster. Then I just waltzed into Costco, showed a photo of my card before the previous booster and asked for another one last week. They gave it to me, no questions asked. I don't think the 'system' is really keeping track very carefully.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

And yet another infectious disease crisis to worry about--brain eating amoeba in the midwest. (OK just two cases so far, but that's how covid started.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And yet another infectious disease crisis to worry about--brain eating amoeba in the midwest. (OK just two cases so far, but that's how covid started.)
    Those things are gross... few cases a year in the US usually
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Those things are gross... few cases a year in the US usually
    Don't have anything to do with really warm stagnant fresh water.