Page 695 of 929 FirstFirst ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,375 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Notice again the retardedness of the usual suspects. Do even watch the news or absorb information. A decent portion of the people crossing the border are from Africa. And South Africa. Chi
    Let's see some documentation.. Most are from South AMERICA.. Honduras Guatemala, etc..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Let's see some documentation.. Most are from South AMERICA.. Honduras Guatemala, etc..
    Most of the people you saw stacked under the overpass. We’re Haitian. But many other parts of the world. You appear to be oblivious to facts that put dents in your narrow world view.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Most of the people you saw stacked under the overpass. We’re Haitian. But many other parts of the world. You appear to be oblivious to facts that put dents in your narrow world view.
    Haitian’s, Africans, what’s the difference right MTT? They are all black - must be carrying the African Covid. Never mind that those Haitian’s have never stepped foot in Africa and came from South America, that’s fodder for the know it all elites! Nothing but good old common sense and prejudice here (from a rotted brain that can barely function).

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Then there would just as much focus on vaccinating a Botswana village as there is on some American city. Or at least that's how it is supposed to work in my utopian vision of the world.
    Well, you won't save many Botswanan lives by vaccinating them against COVID. Condoms, dolutegravir, lamivudine and tenofovir save lives in Botswana.

The median age in Africa is <20 years old. They don't have epidemic obesity, diabetes, heart disease... risk factors for severe/deadly COVID have the lowest incidence in Africa of any population. COVID in much of Africa, South Africa excluded, was not meaningfully worse than other endemic tropical diseases for those populations where Malaria and Dengue are considered childhood diseases like we considered Chickenpox in the US 25 years ago (before the vaccine).

What they do have in sub Saharan Africa is HIV AIDS. The immunocompromised unfortunately make good incubators for variants.

HIV prevalence in Botswana is 20.3%. COVID vaccination is maybe 10%

And now we have Omicron.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Haitian’s, Africans, what’s the difference right MTT? They are all black - must be carrying the African Covid. Never mind that those Haitian’s have never stepped foot in Africa and came from South America, that’s fodder for the know it all elites! Nothing but good old common sense and prejudice here (from a rotted brain that can barely function).
    Quoting to capture the everything is about race and everyone is a racist but you

I’m gonna spell it out for you.
    People flying here from Africa. “I believe “. Show proof of vacation and have a negative Covid test to come here.
    For this strain to pop up in the USA. It would most likely come into the country by someone entering illegally
    Further my premise is that it already has made it here. I figure by Monday the “News “. Will be reporting us case’s.
    And goody for you. Another 60 pages of the same handwringing drivel.

Also pretty sure patient zero will be diluted if “the dumbest post I ever made”.
    turns out to be true

One more time

I think the new variant being globally publicized is already spreading in the USA carrier coming over the southern border illigally

Open for a debate on my opinion. Just try and have a conversation about it. Without being a fucking douche
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    My understanding is that SA just monitors this stuff better than the rest of the world. We all owe their experts a great deal of gratitude.

The first case was likely here a little while ago. Apparently, it can spread pretty fast. We don't monitor this stuff as well as SA.
    That's my understanding as well. And as South Africa now contends, they are being punished for having robust genetic testing and alerting the world to this new variant. Better to be like the US and keep our head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Well, you won't save many Botswanan lives by vaccinating them against COVID. Condoms, dolutegravir, lamivudine and tenofovir save lives in Botswana.

The median age in Africa is <20 years old. They don't have epidemic obesity, diabetes, heart disease... risk factors for severe/deadly COVID have the lowest incidence in Africa of any population. COVID in much of Africa, South Africa excluded, was not meaningfully worse than other endemic tropical diseases for those populations where Malaria and Dengue are considered childhood diseases like we considered Chickenpox in the US 25 years ago (before the vaccine).

What they do have in sub Saharan Africa is HIV AIDS. The immunocompromised unfortunately make good incubators for variants.

All true, but if Botswana was as vaccinated against COVID as say, Massachusetts, we probably wouldn't have Omicron.

BioNTech says they will know in about two weeks if they need to start manufacturing a new vaccine. If so, they say they can start shipping the new vaccine in 100 days.

Notice how WHO skipped the greek letters Nu and Xi and is calling the new variant the next greek letter, Omicron?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

And now we have Omicron.
    That’s an interesting take on it. Not out of the realm of possibility. I wonder how therapeutics “malaria drugs “. Are impacting mortality rates
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

That’s an interesting take on it. Not out of the realm of possibility. I wonder how therapeutics “malaria drugs “. Are impacting mortality rates
    No effect whatsoever. Nobody uses that "Malaria drug" for Malaria in Africa. African Malaria strains have been resistant to HCQ/CQ for decades.

We wondered if HCQ would work once, theorized a mechanism of action, and we tried it out. I gave it to patients; we had little else in early 2020, so we gave HCQ+Zithromax, experimental Remdesivir (helped some), and experimental convalescent plasma (which turns out didn't work either). But, it turns out HCQ never worked against COVID, studies proved it, and then we actually understood why its originally theorized mechanism wouldn't actually work with COVID. The nails are solidly in that coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quoting to capture the everything is about race and everyone is a racist but you

I’m gonna spell it out for you.
    People flying here from Africa. “I believe “. Show proof of vacation and have a negative Covid test to come here.
    For this strain to pop up in the USA. It would most likely come into the country by someone entering illegally
    Further my premise is that it already has made it here. I figure by Monday the “News “. Will be reporting us case’s.
    And goody for you. Another 60 pages of the same handwringing drivel.

Also pretty sure patient zero will be diluted if “the dumbest post I ever made”.
    turns out to be true

One more time

I think the new variant being globally publicized is already spreading in the USA carrier coming over the southern border illigally

Open for a debate on my opinion. Just try and have a conversation about it. Without being a fucking douche
    Sure you totally didn’t confuse Haitians for Africans. You just happened to bring up the incident with all the black people coming across as evidence there were Africans…. Total coincidence.

Are there SOME Africans who come across the Southern border? Sure about 5,000 in 2019 which was the latest data I could find. But these journeys take a minimum of weeks and often months or years. So literally no one is getting infected in South Africa, getting to Central America, then crossing into the US and infecting anyone. If they come across with Covid they caught it somewhere in Central America.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Pointing out that one of the Hong Kong cases left SA with a negative pcr case; quarantined, as required in Hong Kong, with daily(?) testing; and had their first positive PCR test on day 4 of quarantine.

Also, why won’t the travel ban include the areas where that Belgium person traveled in the Mediterranean?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Also, why won’t the travel ban include the areas where that Belgium person traveled in the Mediterranean?
    The Belgium women with Omicron traveled to Egypt via Turkey. She never went anywhere near South Africa. In other words, the variant is already global. Travel bans are meaningless.

The Belgium women with Omicron traveled to Egypt via Turkey. She never went anywhere near South Africa. In other words, the variant is already global. Travel bans are meaningless.
    That's why I asked if we should be banning travel from those countries, too.

Ashish Jha argued against travel bans on today's newshours. YLE did the same on her blog this morning.

I like the idea of jet setting South Africans also being the ones migrating through Central America up through Mexico and then rushing the border. That sounds really plausible.

Also MTT calling Haitians “Africans”.

This thread delivers.

I don't know that they're useless, if they give us (well the medical establishment) time to figure out if this is a panic situation or more of the same shit, then they're useful. We lacked the discipline to require quarantines because people need their vacations, or even just to get their fast food fix. That and people decided they were over covid based entirely on their fee-fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I like the idea of jet setting South Africans also being the ones migrating through Central America up through Mexico and then rushing the border. That sounds really plausible.

This thread delivers.
    That whole "the dumbest take I’ve heard in a long time…" thing didn't last long, did it.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That whole "the dumbest take I’ve heard in a long time…" thing didn't last long, did it.
    Sorry - didn’t think I needed to put a sarcasm tag on my post…

You honestly think South Africans are contracting omicron, jet setting to Central America/Mexico, and then rushing across the border?

I’ve been wrong before. Happy to admit I’m wrong about this if anyone can show some proof.

Sorry - didn’t think I needed to put a sarcasm tag on my post…

You honestly think South Africans are contracting omicron, jet setting to Central America/Mexico, and then rushing across the border?

I’ve been wrong before. Happy to admit I’m wrong about this if anyone can show some proof.
    Oh no I was agreeing with you. I was commenting on the MTT doubling down since you posted that earlier post.

This thread delivers.
    I know right?
    “To vaccinate or not” thread -
    come for knowledge from Mofro, Summit, et al
    Stay for the comedy stylings of MTT

Two planes from southafrca landed in the netherlands with 61 c19 positve cases.

??????

I dont know what that means...

1 suspect case in germany
    1 suspect case in czech republic

I guess it is already in the usa but it is possible to slow the spread for now until we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Sure you totally didn’t confuse Haitians for Africans. You just happened to bring up the incident with all the black people coming across as evidence there were Africans…. Total coincidence.

Uhh 95% of Haitians are of African descent.

This thread delivers.
    I love hearing from the lowest common denominator on TGR
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I love hearing from the lowest common denominator on TGR
    Just listen to the voices in your head then

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by turner716 View Post
    So we should call you British or what?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by turner716 View Post
    100% are, same as the us.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    100% are, same as the us.
    #woke