Page 686 of 929 FirstFirst ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... LastLast
Results 17,126 to 17,150 of 23206
    I believe the number we are actually looking for are -

Pfizer. 30 micrograms. and

Moderna. 100 micrograms ( /2 for a booster dose )

I struggled with the vaccination being identified by volume rather than dose or dosage ;
    I believe Moderna (100) contains 200 micrograms/ml. A dose is 1/2ml ; a booster dose is 1/4ml / 0.25ml. 50 micrograms.

I spent way too long reviewing this last Saturday, thinking I had been given a wrong dose.

I will look for the reference I ultimately found...

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vac...nistration.pdf

ugh. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    FIFY
    Whatever man, you're clearly wrong. A simple google search will reveal that to be true. It's a shame you're too proud to admit it, but I'm not at all surprised.

A booster shot and an additional dose are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Whatever man, you're clearly wrong. A simple google search will reveal that to be true. It's a shame you're too proud to admit it, but I'm not at all surprised.

A booster shot and an additional dose are not the same thing.
    That minute of typing...just scroll up one.

agree with jono ^^^ ( post #17186. four up )

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vac...nistration.pdf

tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-20-2021 at 01:17 PM.

LOL@ splitting hairs over boosters with three pretty good first vaccine options and two very good booster options. Unless the last M or P shot gave you a really hard tile.. just get whatever is readily available and you're better off then you were..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    That doesn’t sound like a normal reaction. I’d seek medical attention.

When I got my Moderna booster, the nurse told me it was only half the dosage of the original shot, so I shouldn’t expect side effects other than a sore arm for a day. Well, she was wrong about that! Headache, fever, chills, I was wiped out and spent the next day in bed. Very similar to the original second shot. But felt much better the day after that.
    pretty much the same experience. I like to think Moderna is the bad ass super vax option, only bad asses apply. or something.

Wife did Pfizer#3 at 3pm. She's fine so far.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ponder this paper, not that I'm a proponent of everything is connected to gut health ( though I life with someone who thinks that) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7804842/

I think its too soon and I don't think there is a single silver bullet but it could be part circle of the venn diagram of explaining / improving outcomes along wit vit D etc.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's no advantage or disadvantage to mixing mRNA vaccines. It's mainly a question of convenience and logistics.

No need to drive an hour to get one vaccine if the other is available 5 minutes away.

And about someone else's post about swollen lymph node in the arm pit, it's not common but not rare or al

I wonder if the there's any common factor in people ?.
    The common factor in those types of people designing their own covid response cocktails IS,

same type as that metro sexual in front of you at Starbucks this morning who ordered the half caf/ double syrup no whip latte with choclate spinkles but only if the chocolate sprinkles were fair trade/ ethicaly sourced, and then he got pissy when they won't accept bitcoin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Glad people are all getting boosted. My wife postponed her booster because she caught a pet bad cold from one of her therapy clients and was feeling rotten on her scheduled day. (She’s gonna start wearing a face shield in addition to her mask for some of those kids).

200 micrograms used to always seen about right for me back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I had Pfizer followed by Moderna booster and had the strongest reaction of the 3 shots.
    Yup, me too. Actually had no reaction to the Pfizer first 2 except for a sore arm. Had Moderna booster.

Our vax/booster clinic run by the county health dept. had a jab buffet. All three were available.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Regardless everyone in Texas 199 times more likely to ski in jeans, not wear a mask, infect you with covid, and generally clog up lift lines.... and voted for Trump.
    As a lifelong Texan, and guilty of 2 of those things at one time or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thanks!...considering the source...subtracting the vaccinated from the known population
    Glad you found it to be a useful report. Maybe it will carry more weight with certain individuals, given that it was conducted by the Texas Department of Public Safety and not the Conspiracy Distributing Communists or the Fraudulent & Deceptive Authoritarians.

I definitely think you're correct about undercounting the number of unvaxed. The true population is certainly significantly larger than the known, officially population. There are also the unaddressed possible confounders of waning vaccine efficacy (especially among the elderly, who were vaccinated earlier and have a less-robust response), improved treatment strategies, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Texans are moving to my small corner of the PNW in droves
    I'd be interested to hear whether your new neighbors are Native Texans, or transplants who moved to Texas for a while and then moved north. Texas is repeatedly found to be the "stickiest" state.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Washington Post, November 18, 2021
    Life imitates comedy and Comedy imitates life.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 11-21-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure that 0.5/2 < 0.3.
    Moderna Primary Series:
    "... 2-dose series of 100-μg intramuscular injections..."

Moderna Booster:
    "Booster doses...single 50-μg shot, half of a primary series dose"

Pfizer Booster:
    "same as the two primary shots (30 μg)"
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Moderna Primary Series:
    "... 2-dose series of 100-μg intramuscular injections..."

Moderna Booster:
    "Booster doses...single 50-μg shot, half of a primary series dose"

Pfizer Booster:
    "same as the two primary shots (30 μg)"
    I think that shows that conceptually glade is right. Nobody should be choosing a vaccine based on the volume injected. Nobody said "Moderna is better because it's a 100-μg shot and Pfizer is just 30"; that's just the volume of the liquid and the volumes were what was tested and both had similar efficacy. It's not like Pfizer was ~1/3 as effective as Moderna because the volume of a vaccine injections was ~1/3 the size. So it is accurate to say that the Pfizer booster is a full strength shot and Moderna is half the original dose. That doesn't mean that the pfizer boost is more effective, just that the booster offered is the same dose as the "normal" vaccine, whereas Moderna is half. Whether the data shows that makes a difference or not, that's a separate question.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think that shows that conceptually glade is right. Nobody should be choosing a vaccine based on the volume injected. Nobody said "Moderna is better because it's a 100-μg shot and Pfizer is just 30"; that's just the volume of the liquid and the volumes were what was tested and both had similar efficacy. It's not like Pfizer was ~1/3 as effective as Moderna because the volume of a vaccine injections was ~1/3 the size. So it is accurate to say that the Pfizer booster is a full strength shot and Moderna is half the original dose. That doesn't mean that the pfizer boost is more effective, just that the booster offered is the same dose as the "normal" vaccine, whereas Moderna is half. Whether the data shows that makes a difference or not, that's a separate question.
    The numbers listed by CS2-6 and SkiJ are mass of "active ingredient" not volume of liquid. You're correct that the volume injected is not the point.

The part of Glade's post about relative changes to each was correct, as you (and I) noted. But you don't measure volume in micrograms. And from what I saw on the side of the syringe (not precise, Google it) the total injected mass for a full dose of modeRNA is a gram or two (looked like about 1.5 cc's, and water weighs about 1g/cc). So it's very diluted, as you'd expect.

It's not delivered by volume, it's by number of mRNA molecules and by concentration of the formulation:

100ug in a .5ml injection, = 200ug/ml.

30 ug in a 0.3ml injection = 100ug/ml.

The ug number represents the number of mRNA molecules in the dosage( divide ug number by mRNA molecular weight) is more important than the volume of the dose, which is a function of the concentration of the formulation.

Regardless, the difference of a 50 ug booster vs a 30 ug booster isn't as stark as a 30 vs 100ug regimen, when assessing induction of neutralizing ab titers and also AEs.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

jono's and Mofro's information is correct -

( however ) most of the dose information published IS published by volume ( initial series was 0.5ml (x2), boosters were 0.25ml for Moderna ). Everything CVS gave me reported volume. nothing in those pages talked about concentration --

I was thrown-off Because the vial I saw was labeled, Moderna100.

I understand Why the packaging now identifies the dose by volume, but the dosage - as Mofro explains above, IS the mass of mRNA..

I'm sure I need to leave those details to the professionals, but I had to clarify why 0.25ml of x100 was a 50microgram dose ( Because x100 contained 200micrograms/ml. )

( jono. I hope you did not get a 1.5ml dose ! !! )

my thought based on the data that showed waning immunity cited in posts in this thread weeks ago IS Please get your booster !
    There have been serious cases ( /severe cases ) of Breakthrough infections reported.
    the potential for ,,, complications with holiday travel in the weeks ahead. . . I believe is Real.

Good luck -
    Please Be well...
    Please Be Safe - tj

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ( jono. I hope you did not get a 1.5ml dose ! !! )
    You and me both. To be clear, I have no confidence in that number beyond a rough order of magnitude, which is why I described where it came from. I did not look carefully, didn't see the volume measure, and now Droid48 says a slightly more careful guess would be 0.6 ml, so yeah, 0.5 ml.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear whether your new neighbors are Native Texans, or transplants who moved to Texas for a while and then moved north. Texas is repeatedly found to be the "stickiest" state.
    That's a good question, that I don't have an answer to. Anecdotally, from people I've met, it's transplants, and they're coming from Austin (either U of T or music scene). But there's a lot of self-selection going on there, due to the stuff I like not overlapping with stuff native Texans might like.

Social media thinks it's natives as well, and the reasons given are politics and climate. Presumably that's observational, but IDK.

Any scientists want to comment on the validity of this study or it's authors?

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...rXqiT68YdfYeAU
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Any doubts about vaccination status?
    Still a pandemic of the unvaccinated
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637522030.426121.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	393530
    Just a small sample

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Any scientists want to comment on the validity of this study or it's authors?

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...rXqiT68YdfYeAU
    No comments on the merits, but the author seems to be a bit of a quack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Gundry

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Any doubts about vaccination status?
    Still a pandemic of the unvaccinated

Name:	Image1637522030.426121.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	393530
    Just a small sample

Small sample but I would bet dollars to donuts is the same in most hospitals. It is the same in mine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Small sample but I would bet dollars to donuts is the same in most hospitals. It is the same in mine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Oh, totally. It’s been this way for months here

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    No comments on the merits, but the author seems to be a bit of a quack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Gundry
    The story was posted in the FB sewer on the "Unmask Our Kids" page.

Name:	257662352_4966820163329406_8731377031451485036_n.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	393532
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.