Page 624 of 929 FirstFirst ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 ... LastLast
Results 15,576 to 15,600 of 23206
    God helps those who help themselves. Isn't that what the religious folks say. No wait--didn't the Christians decide that if you believed in Jesus Christ who died for your sins you could fuck up and fuck over as much and as many people as you wanted and you would still be saved. All you need to do is pray--eat all you want, especially bacon, smoke, fuck other guys' wives and nothing bad will happen to you as long as you pray. No wonder there are 2.5B Christians. What's not to like about a religion like that.

Jews OTOH believe (supposedly) that if you sin too much during the year god kills you. No wonder there are less than 15M of us. Not that I believe any of that bullshit either.

(Forgive me--or not--for repeating for the 10th time what Bob Costas said when Gisele asked people to pray for her husband before one of the Superbowls--"I think god has done enough for Tom Brady."

And BTW a couple of you--only acronyms approved by the Urban Dictionary are permitted in this forum. I've reported you to the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Why Do People Make Up Acronyms And Expect Anyone To Know Them ?

cuz no body had any idea what that^^ said, thats a a pet peeve of mine when some TGR crayon eater makes up a random acronym
    Here's one for you: WDYGOAPHAGFY. No disrespect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No wonder there are less than 15M of us. .
    I actually had to google that, thinking it far too low. But you are right. Though I just read that doesn't necessarily include (nonpracticing) Jewish ethnicity.

Around 16.5M LDS too.

Huh.

Wow. I was about to google that as well. Doesn’t seem possible

Or 17.9M or 23.7M?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Why do so many (all of them?) of these God-believing people think that prayers work on a sort of popularity contest? Like, oh if only we get 200 prayers today God will intervene with this horrible virus and make Steve live.... Nevermind that God could have prevented this virus in the first place, and prevented Steve from getting it in the first place.
    Several years ago at a family reunion, one of my religious cousins (about 3% of the clan) was regaling my brother and me about his experience with devine intervention. He had fallen asleep at the wheel, driven off the road and into a steep ravine. His truck was totaled but he wasn’t badly hurt.

“It was my guardian angel that saved me!”

My brother and I looked at each other, back at cuz, then at each other, and started cracking up laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Asked cuz

“Your guardian angel is a crackhead” said my brother. “What sin did you commit to get such a loser?”
    Cuz looked confused
    “Why did your GA let you fall asleep in the first place?” I asked. “Might be time to ask Jesus for a replacement”

Cuz walked off muttering.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Here's one for you: WDYGOAPHAGFY. No disrespect intended.
    Why don’t you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coqtoastine View Post
    Having lurked in this thread a while now I'm beginning to wonder

When are we going to admit that all the vax seems to be doing is keeping people out of hospitals.
    Where'd you read this dumb-shit "fact?"

It reduces your chances of getting COVID in the first place, it reduces your chances of spreading it to others, and it also reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, should you end up infected.

When are we all going to admit THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coqtoastine View Post
    Having lurked in this thread a while now I'm beginning to wonder

When are we going to admit that all the vax seems to be doing is keeping people out of hospitals.

Nearing same number of deaths as prior overlord. Is 400k/yr the #?
    JFC GTFO JONG…….Also, what Paulster said. It’s like goddamn whack a troll in this thread…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

It is hard to talk about, because as humans we prefer to rely on anecdotes, and none of it makes any sense if we rely on anecdotes. The totality of my recent anecdotes: One coworker was fully vaxxed, caught it two weeks ago, and has been seriously ill since then. Reasonably healthy and active, mid-50’s. Another coworker was not vaxxed, early 60’s, terrible health, caught it at about the same time, and barely felt it when she caught it. She’s back in the office and wondering what all the fuss is about.

This thing is so inconsistent on an individual level that it kind of is the perfect storm to create chaos and division. Every decision and course of action is assailable on some level by reasonable-sounding arguments that are backed up by stories people see every day in the real world.

I get and support the viewpoint that we need to eschew arguments that aren’t based on science and evidence and the Best Information We Have, but being completely dismissive isn’t necessarily helpful either, particularly when we are dismissing personal experience in addition to the argument that person is making. We have to validate the person even if we invalidate the argument. Or else all we’re doing is slinging shit on the internet (which I also support).
    focus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 07-17-48 To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues - Page 626.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	389888

Hmmm, join date of October 2021. So you have lurked in this thread for at least 22 days. Is that officially "a while"? Asking for a friend. Goodbye.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ I preferred your first version.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    JFC GTFO JONG…….Also, what Paulster said. It’s like goddamn whack a troll in this thread…..
    I doubt they are truly a JONG. Just another alias of one of the banned trolls. Same shit, different name.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    FYI, I’m vaxxed and got COVID. Happy that I was vaxxed. It feels like cross between bad cold and regular flu and is starting to go away after about 8-9 days. YMMV
    By no means are you ever allowed to equate COVID with the flu. This was established on page 13. I'm surprised you have not been lambasted for your false claim.

Speaking of false claims....Isn't it a felony to lie to congress?

https://news.yahoo.com/remembering-t...180354699.html

Top NIH official pens article to state that Fauci was wrong. Rand Paul was right.

Is it a lie to be wrong?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Zero side effects, not even a sore arm. Out of three jabs, I’ve only had a sore arm from #2 and zero other side effects. Maybe all 3 were placebos.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is it a lie to be wrong?
    As established on page 12 of this thread, if you are wrong about something early in the pandemic you are forever wrong and a liar. This is important if your goal is to misinform and obfuscate the efficacy of vaccinations.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I doubt they are truly a JONG. Just another alias of one of the banned trolls. Same shit, different name.
    Yeah, you’re prolly right…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Is it a lie to be wrong?
    Being wrong is one thing, but unfortunately that's not what we saw here with Fauci arguing semantics to congress. Being wrong and lying are different entirely, and I'm surprised after reading the article that you think the former.

From the article:

"According to Tabak, a “limited experiment” funded by the NIH, and carried out by EcoHealth Alliance, was conducted to see if “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.” The altered virus made the mice it was tested in “sicker,” according to Tabak’s letter.

Fauci and Paul have sparred over Paul’s contention that the NIH had, through a grant issued to EcoHealth, funded gain-of-function research on coronaviruses at the Chinese lab. Paul’s argument, that NIH money was used to make bat coronaviruses more dangerous and/or transmissible in humans, has now been confirmed. And Fauci’s argument, that the research being done doesn’t constitute “gain of function” under the NIH’s narrow definition, has been exposed as a semantic trick. The letter also vindicates Dr. Richard Ebright, who told National Review in May that the Wuhan research described in leaked grant proposals “epitomizes” gain-of-function research."

I saw the exchange with Rand and the Dr. in real time. Enlighten me. Why does this make a difference in the way this pandemic is being handled?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I'm surprised after reading the article that you think the former.
    Well in the 1st place I didn't bother to read that article. Yahoo isn't my prime go to for facts. The National Review though......

Now if you want to discuss the origins of the Rat Flu, that is another story. Cause that seems to be your goal and if not, what is your goal?

Well in the 1st place I didn't bother to read that article. Yahoo isn't my prime go to for facts.

Now if you want to discuss the origins of the Rat Flu, that is another story. Cause that seems to be your goal and if not, what is your goal?
    It's even better - Yahoo is just the aggregator - the article is from the *National Review.*

Is it a lie to be wrong?
    Cause that seems to be your goal and if not, what is your goal?
    He wasn't wrong, let alone lying, because 54-46 wasn't per se equating COVID with the flu. He said he was glad to be vaxxed because it made his breakthrough infection feel like something less severe such as a cold or the flu. We've known, and discussed in this thread, how breakthrough infections can feel quite awful. The most important thing is vaccination protects the lungs. Maybe 54-46 or others will provide additional feedback on whether they experienced severe lower respiratory symptoms or if the infection was mainly contained in the upper respiratory tract.

In any case, Asspen's goal was to misrepresent the post in a misleading way to create an opening to talk about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's even better - Yahoo is just the aggregator - the article is from the *National Review.*
    From the admittedly small sample of stories I've read through a yahoo link, it would seem their algo has a right bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    By no means are you ever allowed to equate COVID with the flu. This was established on page 13. I'm surprised you have not been lambasted for your false claim.
    Nice self own you did here. Just great to see. Carry on displaying your two digit IQ.